Season Tickets 2015/16

ladysaint

Although we are told about the "Club's Ambition" twenty times a week do we really have the money or attractiveness to top players to ever be a big club and break into the hegemony of the top four? Liverpool and Tottenham clearly have vastly superior resources to ours yet they can't do it so I'm thinking that as we are bound to lose at last three of our top players in the summer and must embark yet again on a rebuilding task with inferior players, will be ever move further forward than we are now or is 6th/7th our ultimate destiny? If we are in for season after season of false promise and ultimately unable to deliver on those promises and that in reality this is about as good as we can ever expect it to be, the wisdom of coughing up huge amounts of money on Season Tickets year-after-year must be challenged.

It is a personal choice of course but right now my feeling is that despite a life long belief that all things are possible, so my ST renewal has been a given now I am less sure about it than at any time in the past. This will be a final day decision and probably equally as difficult as choosing who to vote for on May 7th

Ridiculous post. What do you want us to do exactly? Top 10 is pretty much where we are.....Top 6 is the aim, but anything other than that is a little too much - especially a sustained attempt. You may be following the wrong club as your expectations are completely skewed.

I'm not entirely sure how a top 6 finish can be seen as false promise. For us, that is an amazing achievement. If we finish top 6 for the next 10 years, then sign me up for a 10 year season ticket thank you very much.

Although we are told about the "Club's Ambition" twenty times a week do we really have the money or attractiveness to top players to ever be a big club and break into the hegemony of the top four? Liverpool and Tottenham clearly have vastly superior resources to ours yet they can't do it so I'm thinking that as we are bound to lose at last three of our top players in the summer and must embark yet again on a rebuilding task with inferior players, will be ever move further forward than we are now or is 6th/7th our ultimate destiny? If we are in for season after season of false promise and ultimately unable to deliver on those promises and that in reality this is about as good as we can ever expect it to be, the wisdom of coughing up huge amounts of money on Season Tickets year-after-year must be challenged.

It is a personal choice of course but right now my feeling is that despite a life long belief that all things are possible, so my ST renewal has been a given now I am less sure about it than at any time in the past. This will be a final day decision and probably equally as difficult as choosing who to vote for on May 7th

For someone claiming to that they are being "told about the clubs ambition twenty times a week" you have a spectacular lack of understanding of what our ambition actually is.

Clue: it is NOT about having "the money or attractiveness to break the hegemony of the top four".

You're only seeing "false promise" because you are ignoring to what the club have actually said.

Jeez. Don't know where to start with this post.

It wasn't direct debit defaulters - it was because the installment scheme that year was the club taking a number of payments from your card rather than account So if the bank card expired during the season the payment would fail, a flawed system.

It was a DD system based on card payments due to the short timescale post-admin and there were certainly some auto-fails (my first payment for one) but there were also shed loads of people who took that as an opportunity to get the paper ST in hand and then stop paying it, knowing there was no way the club could link the physical ticket to the payment. Nowadays they'd just cancel your ST card access.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge.

Good job Arsenal are back in vogue again. You can feck off and watch them instead.

This is exactly why I never renewed.

West Ham are doing that because of their relocation to a stadium they won't be able to fill' date=' not because of any other reason.[/quote']

Yeah, the angle taken for that BBC story was ridiculous. It's a unique situation, who else is announcing ST prices for the season after next? Moving to the new stadium is explicitly stated in the article but not even a comment about how the rise in capacity might just possibly be a driver as opposed to them having more money from the tv deal?

I'm sure Leyton Orient will be thrilled about this. Their ticket prices for 2014-15 start at £220 for an adult in the North stand, £325 in the South stand, £350 in the East/West stands and £630 in the Gallery.

It's one of the reasons they pursued the legal/appeal avenue so vigorously. The Olympic Stadium is nearer Brisbane Road as well.

Yes I know, but I'm sure that they didn't expect WHU to have (pretty much) the same ticket prices as them, when they dropped the action: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2676694/Leyton-Orient-drop-legal-case-against-West-Ham-Olympic-Stadium-move.html The article says that there was an undisclosed settlement - I wonder if that is an annual payment. There's certainly enough money around to buy them off, both from the PL, WHU, IOC, Mayor of London, the council etc etc (the latter lot not wanting to have a white elephant on their hands).

I'm fairly sure they had a pretty good idea West Ham would be dropping prices to try and get more people in.

It's the usual argument about overall revenue and the number of people who are buying a shirt / food and drink, programmes etc. Matchday revenue is a drop in the ocean compared to tv money, and that's even more the case from 2016, but that doesn't mean you don't want to maximise matchday revenue as well.

I'm sure Leyton Orient will be thrilled about this. Their ticket prices for 2014-15 start at £220 for an adult in the North stand, £325 in the South stand, £350 in the East/West stands and £630 in the Gallery.

Which was the main basis for their complaint in the first place. West Ham were always going to do this (for the first few years, at least) to ensure they filled the ground - they already do loads of cheap tickets (kids for a quid, etc) on matchdays at Upton Park, so with an extra 15,000 seats to fill, they had to reduce the prices across the board.

I certainly wouldn't complain about any club bringing in cheaper prices, that is certainly a good thing, as long as it's sustainable. West Ham's view will be that they can easily sustain those cheaper prices (although worth noting they've not actually said exactly how many season tickets at £289 will be available, and what the range of prices will be) when the new TV deal is factored in, as well as the increased corporate and sponsorship revenue they'll be able to get from being at the Olympic Stadium. The key will be whether those prices remain low or whether they'll wait a while until they've got a captive audience and then put the squeeze on the paying punters.

• 2 months later...
I received the same email with a nice 30 minute video attached as well.

Yeah good touch. Have only watched a quarter of the video but noticed how so many of our goals either involved quality Schneiderlin passes or quality Schneiderlin interceptions to set us up on the counter!