Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas/Blasphemy/Duck Rape/Toasters

Default Christmas/Blasphemy/Duck Rape/Toasters

Here is to a more positive year as a Saints fan starting in the January transfer window

Merry Christmas all! This year has flown by! I should be making Christmas Eve memories with my 18 month old daughter this evening but instead I’m out on the razz! God help me at half past 7 tomorrow morning when I get poked in the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick75Sfc View Post
    Happy Christmas
    Merry Christmas
    Happy New Year

Merry Christmas one and all from Me and Mine.

Here's to a hopefully new and improved Year next year

And raise a glass to those who are not here to celebrate with us.

Quote Originally Posted by SNSUN View Post
    Merry Christmas all! This year has flown by! I should be making Christmas Eve memories with my 18 month old daughter this evening but instead I’m out on the razz! God help me at half past 7 tomorrow morning when I get poked in the eye.
    Do you honestly think she will wait until 7:30 ?

Quote Originally Posted by SNSUN View Post
    Your wife is lucky to have you.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    Merry Christmas
    Happy New Year

You are an atheist so should not be celebrating the birthday of the son of god, you hypocrite

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    You are an atheist so should not be celebrating the birthday of the son of god, you hypocrite
    God sacrificing himself... to himself to create a loophole for a set of rules he created and knew would be broken... yeah that makes sense!

When did I say I celebrated that nonsense?

God sacrificing himself... to himself to create a loophole for a set of rules he created and knew would be broken... yeah that makes sense!

When did I say I celebrated that nonsense?
    What are you doing tomorrow?

What are you doing tomorrow?
    Visiting family and giving presents. No religious element to my day in the slightest. Celebrating this time of year with family and presrnts is a festival Christainty pitched from older traditions.

Visiting family and giving presents. No religious element to my day in the slightest. Celebrating this time of year with family and presrnts is a festival Christainty pitched from older traditions.
    Yes there is, it’s a religious festival, celebrating the birth of the son of someone you don’t think exists. by taking part in it you are proving yourselves a hypocrite.

Yes there is, it’s a religious festival, celebrating the birth of the son of someone you don’t think exists. by taking part in it you are proving yourselves a hypocrite.
    1) giving presents at this time of year - didn't originate in Christianity
    2) decorating a tree - didn't originate in Christianity
    3) visiting relatives - didn't originate with Christainity
    4) eating turkey - didn't originate with Christainity
    Etc etc!

So I am not a hypocrite as my day contains no religious element at all

1) giving presents at this time of year - didn't originate in Christianity
    2) decorating a tree - didn't originate in Christianity
    3) visiting relatives - didn't originate with Christainity
    4) eating turkey - didn't originate with Christainity
    Etc etc!

So I am not a hypocrite as my day contains no religious element at all
    https://www.dictionary.com/browse/christmas

Christmas - the annual festival of the Christian church commemorating the birth of Jesus celebrated on the 25th December now generally observed as a legal holiday and exchanging gifts.

You are wrong (as usual) and you are a hypocrite.

After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh

And it was going so well...

Christmas - the annual festival of the Christian church commemorating the birth of Jesus celebrated on the 25th December now generally observed as a legal holiday and exchanging gifts.

Nothing in that post refutes anything so said

Everything so mentioned existed before Christaining nicked it and absorbed it into Christmas. Christmas is a mush mash of other traditions, few elements if any are unique and original yo Christainity. Even the virgin birth story was stolen from other older traditions!

Everything so mentioned existed before Christaining nicked it and absorbed it into Christmas. Christmas is a mush mash of other traditions, few elements if any are unique and original yo Christainity. Even the virgin birth story was stolen from other older traditions!
    Itís a Christian festival celebrating the birth of gods son, by taking part in it you are celebrating it and that makes you a liar and a hypocrite and also wrong about your protestations, but weíre all used to you being wrong.

The feast of Saturnalia in Rome predates all of that. The festival was taken over later by the early Christians.

But as we all say, Peace on Earth and goodwill to all

Jesus didnít exist before Christianity did he and the birth of the person itís about is pretty unique! Mr wrong or should that be mr hypocrite

Oh boy, this place sucks sometimes. Anyway, back to the business of wishing all Saints fans Merry Christmas and healthy New Year. May we be blessed with a few more points over the festive season, a couple of great signings in January and a stronger league position come May.

Ditto - a very merry Christmas to one and all. Enjoy

People will see the world from different perspectives and believe different things. But there is no reason why we canít focus on our common grounds and avoid dwelling on our differences.

One leads to peace, harmony and goodwill. The other leads to division and arguments.

Merry Xmas all and a wishing everyone a happy prosperous new year!

Up the Saints

Jesus didn’t exist before Christianity did he and the birth of the person it’s about is pretty unique! Mr wrong or should that be mr hypocrite
    I guess you didn’t get the message?

As the Pope might say, “Peace on all off you”.

Merry Christmas one and all.

Happy Hogswatch. ( Although technically that falls on 36th December ).

After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh

Whatever you believe in, it has to be a good thing to have one day a year when we try not to be arseholes to each other. But as Scrooge said in the recent retelling of A Christmas Carol, maybe we have got it round the wrong way and we should spend all year being nice to each other and one day being arseholes?

Anyway, enjoy the day and savour being with the people you love and care about.

If I'm going to be honest with you all, and actually that's exactly what I'm going to do, then I'd like to say Merry Christmas to each and every one of you. However it's 2019 and to be saying Merry Christmas is completely disrespectful to others who don't celebrate the festival. So please let's stick with happy holidays, we wouldn't accept racism on this forum so why accept these blatantly aggressive and exclusive Christmas related greetings?

It's 2019 please mods let's perhaps bleep out the Merry Christmasses or delete the offending posts above?
    Last edited by niceandfriendly; 25-12-2019 at 12:59 PM.

There is also a thread of this in the lounge and this thread is not football related so should be moved and or locked

Quote Originally Posted by niceandfriendly View Post
    If I'm going to be honest with you all, and actually that's exactly what I'm going to do, then I'd like to say Merry Christmas to each and every one of you. However it's 2019 and to be saying Merry Christmas is completely disrespectful to others who don't celebrate the festival. So please let's stick with happy holidays, we wouldn't accept racism on this forum so why accept these blatantly aggressive and exclusive Christmas related greetings?

It's 2019 please mods let's perhaps bleep out the Merry Christmasses or delete the offending posts above?
    You’re joking right? It’s Christmas.

Anyone who doesnít believe in Christmas can fck off as they are cnts. Merry holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by niceandfriendly View Post

Well said. Merry Christmas!!!

Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    Anyone who doesnít believe in Christmas can fck off as they are cnts. Merry holidays.
    Youíve just upset 3 billion Muslims and Jews you racist scumbag

Merry Brexmas everyone!

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Happy Holidays!

All the best to everyone, from southern Ontario. Have a good day!

COYS!

Oh dear, this thread does not portend peace and harmony among Saints fans in 2020.

Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Blog Entries

Youíve just upset 3 billion Muslims and Jews you racist scumbag
    https://youtu.be/14mPAZkJvd4

36. Default

Merry Christmas, hope everyone's had a great day

I think we at Saintsweb should all get together for a nice drink to celebrate Christmas.

Is that Suewhistle pulling pints behind the bar?

You’ve just upset 3 billion Muslims and Jews you racist scumbag
    Actually Jesus is a scared figure to Muslims. Educate yo'self.

Blog Entries

There is also a thread of this in the lounge and this thread is not football related so should be moved and or locked
    Football was played on Christmas Day up until the 1950s and the return match was on Boxing Day. - the introduction of floodlights (of which Saints were one of the pioneers) removed the need to squeeze in games during public holidays. That last ever Christmas Day game was in 1967 I think Blackpool v someone else.

This thread is now Football related Ebenezer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Actually Jesus is a scared figure to Muslims. Educate yo'self.
    He didnít say if they respected Jesus, he said if they didnít celebrate Christmas, another embarrassing own goal in your desperation to be seen as a lovely left wing person Johnny Boy

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey Grandad View Post
    I guess you didnít get the message?

As the Pope might say, ďPeace on all off youĒ.

Merry Christmas one and all.
    Yes I did and I know it was a Roman festival. However you even said yourself that Christians picked it up so thereby confirming its a Christian festival, as MLG is at pains to state how he is atheist and takes everything absolutely literally any form of celebration however minor makes him a liar and a hypocrite.

Yes I did and I know it was a Roman festival. However you even said yourself that Christians picked it up so thereby confirming its a Christian festival, as MLG is at pains to state how he is atheist and takes everything absolutely literally any form of celebration however minor makes him a liar and a hypocrite.
    Celebrsting the end of the year and giving presents to friends and family does not make me a liar or hypocrite ffs! There is no serious element do doing any of those things at all!

Religious not serious... phone autocorrect

You’ve just upset 3 billion Muslims and Jews you racist scumbag
    Racist? Religion is a choice not your race. You can't choose your race, you can choose your religion

46. Default

It has been taken over by Christians but is not exclusively a Christian festival.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey Grandad View Post
    It has been taken over by Christians but is not exclusively a Christian festival.
    Christmas has been taken over by Christians? Are you on smack?

He didn’t say if they respected Jesus, he said if they didn’t celebrate Christmas, another embarrassing own goal in your desperation to be seen as a lovely left wing person Johnny Boy
    Have you overdone the Festivus sherry old man? I'm not the one doing his usual act of trolling people using your dislike of minorities.

Celebrsting the end of the year and giving presents to friends and family does not make me a liar or hypocrite ffs! There is no serious element do doing any of those things at all!
    Why do it on the 25th of December then? Why not do it on the 28th, 30th or an other day of the year?