Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Happy Christmas/Blasphemy/Duck Rape

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    You are confusing religion and race. You choose your religion, you can't choose your race.
    Not necessarily. Many people are pushed into a religion at a young age and before they can decide for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by egg View Post
    Not necessarily. Many people are pushed into a religion at a young age and before they can decide for themselves.
    It is still a choice. At any point you can switch between a religion to another religion or to no religion.

You can't switch your race.

It is still a choice. At any point you can switch between a religion to another religion or to no religion.

You can't switch your race.
    live in downtown Tehran and try it!

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    The Iranian government don't a have a police force for your thoughts. It is a choice what religion you believe in... your race is not a choice.

The Iranian government don't a have a police force for your thoughts. It is a choice what religion you believe in... your race is not a choice.

does not work in places like that, they kind of kill you if you converted to Judaism for example.

does not work in places like that, they kind of kill you if you converted to Judaism for example.
    Well that is absolute nonsense!

There is a large number of synagogues in Tehran!

that is not what I said, was it....

As I said before... they don't have mind police. If you converted to Judaism and didn't tell anyone you'd still have made the choice and converted. No-one would know.

I'm guessing you agree you can't change your race? But someone's religion is a choice in their mind, it doesn't need to be a public acknowledgement of what religion you believe is true. So do you think it is impossible for anyone no matter where in the world to change religion?

As I said before... they don't have mind police. If you converted to Judaism and didn't tell anyone you'd still have made the choice and converted. No-one would know.

I'm guessing you agree you can't change your race? But someone's religion is a choice in their mind, it doesn't need to be a public acknowledgement of what religion you believe is true. So do you think it is impossible for anyone no matter where in the world to change religion?
    Your point was that people choose their religion. They do not choose it if it is imposed upon them when they are unable to freely choose, ie a child who is indoctrinated at a young age. Sure, they may subsequently abandon that religion, but if one is pedantic (as per), then it is wrong to say that religion is chosen - you are confusing the initial adoption of imposed religion with the freely chosen adoption / retention.

Quote Originally Posted by egg View Post
    Your point was that people choose their religion. They do not choose it if it is imposed upon them when they are unable to freely choose, ie a child who is indoctrinated at a young age. Sure, they may subsequently abandon that religion, but if one is pedantic (as per), then it is wrong to say that religion is chosen - you are confusing the initial adoption of imposed religion with the freely chosen adoption / retention.
    Regardless of the age someone is indoctrinated, there is still a personal choice if you believe it or not.

Regardless of the age someone is indoctrinated, there is still a personal choice if you believe it or not.
    I don’t choose to believe 1+1=2. I take it as a certainty because it’s a fundamental principle I’ve told to believe since birth. Religion is like this for a lot of people.

Well that is absolute nonsense!

There is a large number of synagogues in Tehran!

FYI;
    Apostasy, conversion from Islam to another religion, is a potentially capital offence in Iran.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    No ramadan?
    Afraid not. Iím also part of a Methodist sect, which celebrates the birthday of every member of Bachman-Turner overdrive. Between that, Diwali and everything else, I only work five days a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    I don’t choose to believe 1+1=2. I take it as a certainty because it’s a fundamental principle I’ve told to believe since birth. Religion is like this for a lot of people.
    1 + 1 = 2 is demonstrable

No religion has been demonstrated to be true

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    It’s still a choice. Granted it’s easier for some people to change than others but that doesn’t stop it being a choice.

I hope you aren't high up in the armed forces!

Default Happy Christmas/Blasphemy/Duck Rape

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Why?
    Do you think hardline Islamic run states generally welcome their Muslims converting to Judaism....?
    Last edited by Batman; 04-01-2020 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    He’s head chef.

You are confusing religion and race. You choose your religion, you can't choose your race.
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/musli...race_b_8591660

I'm puzzled what you think that article supports and makes me wrong. Because I agree with it... race doesn't exist.

I think he got some chlorine in his eye.

Quote Originally Posted by benjii View Post
    I think he got some chlorine in his eye.
    Has to be fairly strong to get rid of all the duck sh*t.

Quote Originally Posted by Weston Super Saint View Post

If so, then my prophecy (which you can all bow down and pray to me when it comes true) is that one day Saints will win at home, they will also win away from home and will have score draws both at home and away - obviously in true prophecy style I'm not at liberty to give dates and years that this will happen but one day it will and you will know I am the one true supreme being
    Looking good

So far we've won at home and away.

2 score draws to go before the prophecy is fulfilled - way faster than any of those biblical ones

Don't worry, I've got the 'merch' on order so you can all revere the supreme being

[FONT="]Adam Blackmore

@AdamBlackmore

2m

[/FONT]

Some good news #saintsfc Ralph says Ward-Prowse injury is only a deep cut, not worse - might be fit for Burnley

Praying emoji? I thought you were an atheist you hypocrite.

Praying emoji? I thought you were an atheist you hypocrite.
    It is a tweet by Adam Blackmore

Quote Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
    Seriously? You couldn't predict that? Have you not seen our statistics of points lost from winning positions!

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
    I don't think you're allowed to speak your truth on here anymore

SFC appreciation

It is a tweet by Adam Blackmore
    Yep and you copied it, showing your support for his prayers.

Yep and you copied it, showing your support for his prayers.
    No... I tweeted it because it contained the news that the injury is only a cut. Why on earth would I support prayers to a deity I don't believe has met its burden of proof!?

No... I tweeted it because it contained the news that the injury is only a cut. Why on earth would I support prayers to a deity I don't believe has met its burden of proof!?
    No ides, why do you? Adams prayers were answered and you decide to share his message with the world. You’re not better than people who stand on street corners preaching at anyone who comes near them. Hypocrite.

No ides, why do you? Adams prayers were answered and you decide to share his message with the world. You’re not better than people who stand on street corners preaching at anyone who comes near them. Hypocrite.
    You appear to not know the meaning of the word hypocrite!

Posting a tweet by someone else does not mean I endorse prayer, it means I was making people aware that Ward-Prowse's injury is relatively minor.

Isn’t it a high 5 emoji anyway?

You appear to not know the meaning of the word hypocrite!

Posting a tweet by someone else does not mean I endorse prayer, it means I was making people aware that Ward-Prowse's injury is relatively minor.
    Hypocrite definition, a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

You celebrate Christmas, you post prayer emojis.

You tick every single box of a hypocrite sunshine. The only surprise is that the dictionary doesn't have a picture of you next too the word.

Hypocrite definition, a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

You celebrate Christmas, you post prayer emojis.

You tick every single box of a hypocrite sunshine. The only surprise is that the dictionary doesn't have a picture of you next too the word.
    I did not celebrate Christmas... I visited family at a time of year they are all off work

I posted a Tweet about Ward-Prowse's injury not being serious... that does not mean I believe in prayer

It is utterly bizarre you can't grasp either of these things! Despite being explained to you on numerous occasions.

In the concourse, complaining about the concourse

I prayed to swap his broken leg for an ACL injury but then learned that you can be out longer with an ACL injury and had to pray again to swap it for a laceration. We settled on a "deep" laceration.

36. Default

It is utterly bizarre you can't grasp either of these things! Despite being explained to you on numerous occasions.
    Psssst... Look up "wind up" and you'll understand what's occuring...

I did not celebrate Christmas... I visited family at a time of year they are all off work

I posted a Tweet about Ward-Prowse's injury not being serious... that does not mean I believe in prayer

and took them presents which is a custom at Christmas, a festival to celebrate the birth of Jesus

And it contained someone praying to god, funny how that was the only tweet you posted, there were loads of others that also said the same thing without the prayer emoji

you may not be a full blown Christian but your certainly Christian adjacent.

and took them presents which is a custom at Christmas, a festival to celebrate the birth of Jesus
    Giving gifts at that time of year pre-dates Christianity. Not sure how despite going through this numerous times you can't grasp that seeing family and giving gifts towards the end of the year is not unique to Christianity and did not originate with Christianity!

And it contained someone praying to god, funny how that was the only tweet you posted, there were loads of others that also said the same thing without the prayer emoji
    It was a tweet by one of the few people to have spoken to the manager. My post was to rely the injury news. It is bizarre you think that retweeting someone means that you support everything in the tweet.

you may not be a full blown Christian but your certainly Christian adjacent.
    Nonsense!

You can't be a 'Christian adjacent' if...

1) You don't think it has met its burden of proof
    2) You think it is a morally horrendous religion that supports genocide, slavery, sexism, homophobia

Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Blog Entries

Lol. Who is going to tell him?
    Last edited by hypochondriac; 07-02-2020 at 04:43 PM.

Fair play Turks, you’ve reeled him in good and proper. Now if you two could just keep it on this thread, that’d be super.

Giving gifts at that time of year pre-dates Christianity. Not sure how despite going through this numerous times you can't grasp that seeing family and giving gifts towards the end of the year is not unique to Christianity and did not originate with Christianity!

It was a tweet by one of the few people to have spoken to the manager. My post was to rely the injury news. It is bizarre you think that retweeting someone means that you support everything in the tweet.

Nonsense!

You can't be a 'Christian adjacent' if...

1) You don't think it has met its burden of proof
    2) You think it is a morally horrendous religion that supports genocide, slavery, sexism, homophobia
    Casual islamophobia there MLG

Casual islamophobia there MLG
    Read more carefully Turkish!!!

That is about Christainity, not Islam! All those can be easily supported with multiple quotes from scripture.

I could say similar about Islam. But that doesn't make it Islamophobia, if it is supported by the nonsense in thr svripture.

That is about Christainity, not Islam! All those can be easily supported with multiple quotes from scripture.

I could say similar about Islam. But that doesn't make it Islamophobia, if it is supported by the nonsense in thr svripture.
    You donít agree with sexism and homophobia, Islam condemns homosexuality, even stoning then to death, plus women are not treated as equals so you must disagree with the religion. You canít be against Christian but pro Islam surely?

Stick to directing duck porn

You don’t agree with sexism and homophobia, Islam condemns homosexuality, even stoning then to death, plus women are not treated as equals so you must disagree with the religion. You can’t be against Christian but pro Islam surely?
    Both have not met their burden of proof

Both have horrendous things they endorse in their scripture

Do you agree or disagree with both of those statements?

So you are anti Islam?

So you are anti Islam?
    1) You ignored my question. Try answering it.

2) I can't answer your question unless define 'anti Islam'?

I think it is harmful to those who follow it and impacts negatively on others. I think the same of pretty much every religion, none of which have met their burden of proof.

Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Blog Entries

I think it is harmful to those who follow it and impacts negatively on others. I think the same of pretty much every religion, none of which have met their burden of proof.
    Surely if you think it's harmful and has a negative impact then by definition you are anti it?

So just to be clear you think thatís Islam is harmful to those who follow it and it has a negative impact on other humans?

Yes.