Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Which can be translated as...

Oh cr@p, so if I keep these shares I'm liable for HOW MUCH? Quick find some idiot I can give them away to.

Meanwhile, a point of interest, the UAE (of which Sultan Bin Trump is a Citizen) has no "bankruptcy" laws. So if he should get cleaned out by his venture with Portsmouth, he would have to repay everybody everywhere that he owes money to. Until he pays off his debts he will stay in jail.

Meanwhile, wasn't he supposed to have picked up his $80million bonus cheque around the end of October?

hmmm wonder why that wasn't forthcoming? I know his semi State firm was in Abu Dhabi but....

http://business.maktoob.com/20090000413578/Corruption_high_in_Dubai_state_firms/Article.htm?utm_campaign=Day-Newsletter&utm_medium=Main-News1&utm_source=Day-Newsletter&utm_content=

Sounds like their ready to issue the mandatory 14-day notice of termination of contract, IF wages not paid. Surely if done by Bank transfer the money should have cleared into their bank accounts at midnight(unless a file is jammed again :rolleyes: ). I know my wages clear at midnight on Wednesday. So they should know by now if they've been paid.

I would be amazed if any did. Players like Utaka on 80k a week would not get half that even as a free agent.

Sorry if you felt i'd brushed off any debate on this Yeovil, I returned to work today so have had less time to dedicate to Pompey on a Saints messageboard (Perverse innit!) and so kinda skimmed through the posts.:D

We'll I guess we're borderline Premiership, but technically as there are 20 places and we're tired for the last spot we at least are in a position to draw straws for the final premier league spot!

I don't actually like where this has ended up going, i've ended up sounding like a 'Premierised' whore!

My whole point originaly was to set a criteria where Portsmouth were a 'Bigger' club than Saints. truth be told, I REALLY dont care who's BIGGER, BIGGER is for little boy's comparing willy sizes. By 'major' trophy count Pompey have a 4:1 superiority over Saints 400% more successful. I've happily agreed Saints are a better supported club than Pompey, i'd estimate around 30% more fans. I really don't get why that appeals to some Saints fans? But whatever floats yer boat.

You say it doesn't wash! maybe your right. But i'll tell you what also does not wash, Southampton fans idea of Success comparisons.

Saints fans on here seem to count things like years in the top flight, head-to-head win ratio's and who's had the most 'Legends' playing for the respective clubs. All admirable achievments, yet in anyones (unbaised) book, factors to be taken into account only AFTER history of titles and trophies won, something which Pompey wins out over Saints hands down. :)

What I just don't get, in all of this financial malestrom, is how you can come up with such complete and utter guff. No Saints fan in their right frame of mind would want Pompey to go bust but it's hard to think that way when you read such complete and utter rubbish. History is just that... history. The past. Gone. Ended. Nice to wheel out in an argument at the end but of no consequence whatsoever. We beat you last year, you beat us the year before, we beat you the year before that and you beat us the year before that. Ah! But who won the most trophies?? It's the final argument, it's the trump card but it's of no use whatsoever.

History won't attract buyers...

What will attract your next owner? 3 Fa cups and 2 titles from 50 years ago? Or will it be a stadium and set up? You sit there with your 400% better ratio. I'd reply that St Marys is 400% better than Fratton Park. Staplewood is 400% better than that area in Southampton that you train at. Our Academy is 400% better than anything you have to offer... and it's those factors that got us bought...

You argument is ridiculous and it shows just why your club is in the trouble it's in. It shows just why you're virtually unbuyable. We may have slated Lowe but Lowe did make this club more attractive by dragging it kicking and screaming into the 21st century. You on the the other hand are stuck in a 70's timewarp. You have a terrible "stadium" no real academy set up and you train in Southampton! Who in their right mind would buy into that?? You've spent the last 50 years polishing your trophies whilst the rest of the country moved on and inot the

The only, only thing you have on us is trophies, it's the only thing you're bleating on and on about. It is unbelievable that you believe that any other arguments must take place after trophies won! No, it's the here and now that counts. You can't spend history, you can't balance the books with history. Your trophy count is of no consequence whatsoever. In this day and age, size is important.

You don't get bigger? Well bigger got us bought...

Daren

I have asked this question on here and on Pompey message Board but it gets ignored...

"if Pompey are so much bigger than saints (400% it seems) then they should have NO PROBLEM gett a serious owner the moment they are available. As after all. Little old insignificant saints got themselves a billionaire whilst bottom of division 3. ??

Strangely, they won't answer

Sorry if you felt i'd brushed off any debate on this Yeovil, I returned to work today so have had less time to dedicate to Pompey on a Saints messageboard (Perverse innit!) and so kinda skimmed through the posts.:D

We'll I guess we're borderline Premiership, but technically as there are 20 places and we're tired for the last spot we at least are in a position to draw straws for the final premier league spot!

I don't actually like where this has ended up going, i've ended up sounding like a 'Premierised' whore!

My whole point originaly was to set a criteria where Portsmouth were a 'Bigger' club than Saints. truth be told, I REALLY dont care who's BIGGER, BIGGER is for little boy's comparing willy sizes. By 'major' trophy count Pompey have a 4:1 superiority over Saints 400% more successful. I've happily agreed Saints are a better supported club than Pompey, i'd estimate around 30% more fans. I really don't get why that appeals to some Saints fans? But whatever floats yer boat.

You say it doesn't wash! maybe your right. But i'll tell you what also does not wash, Southampton fans idea of Success comparisons.

Saints fans on here seem to count things like years in the top flight, head-to-head win ratio's and who's had the most 'Legends' playing for the respective clubs. All admirable achievments, yet in anyones (unbaised) book, factors to be taken into account only AFTER history of titles and trophies won, something which Pompey wins out over Saints hands down. :)

that is just wrong.

grab anyone in the street and ask them who which clubs are biggest/best I suspect most would roughly start like this;

Man U

Chelsea

Arsenal

then it will more or less follow the current league places (which admittedly has skates higher).

If we were side by side in the league most unbiased people would start thinking about ground, great players, support, how much of recent history has been successflu/ top flight etc. (all of which means us)

They won't go back to history, before any of us remember and say oh Huddersfield, The Wanderers, Burnley, Wolves and Skates are the greats as they read about them being good.

I will accept your argument, out of respect, if you are in your 80's and witnessed a time when skates were a big club.

If we assume that all these unbiased men in the street you are approaching are under 80, then sorry you will be judged on last 30 years - and it isn't great!

Daren

I have asked this question on here and on Pompey message Board but it gets ignored...

"if Pompey are so much bigger than saints (400% it seems) then they should have NO PROBLEM gett a serious owner the moment they are available. As after all. Little old insignificant saints got themselves a billionaire whilst bottom of division 3. ??

Strangely, they won't answer

The price is very different though, although the point remains that you'd have to be a mentalist to want to buy Pompey at the moment! :)

Forgive me if i have taken this a little out of context but is the premier leagues diverting of the TV rights monies not letting portsmouth dodge another bullet ??

Don't get me wrong the loss of the 7mil payment will be catastrophic in it's self, especially if (hopefully) it was used as security against other loans and so perhaps they will loose the ground etc ??

But surely if the PL have taken this action they obviously believe the club will not be able to pay the transfer money owed and so surely proper points deductions should apply ??

Forgive me if i have taken this a little out of context but is the premier leagues diverting of the TV rights monies not letting portsmouth dodge another bullet ??

Don't get me wrong the loss of the 7mil payment will be catastrophic in it's self, especially if (hopefully) it was used as security against other loans and so perhaps they will loose the ground etc ??

But surely if the PL have taken this action they obviously believe the club will not be able to pay the transfer money owed and so surely proper points deductions should apply ??

It does raise an interesting moral question IMO.

that is just wrong.

grab anyone in the street and ask them who which clubs are biggest/best I suspect most would roughly start like this;

Man U

Chelsea

Arsenal

then it will more or less follow the current league places (which admittedly has skates higher).

If we were side by side in the league most unbiased people would start thinking about ground, great players, support, how much of recent history has been successflu/ top flight etc. (all of which means us)

They won't go back to history, before any of us remember and say oh Huddersfield, The Wanderers, Burnley, Wolves and Skates are the greats as they read about them being good.

I will accept your argument, out of respect, if you are in your 80's and witnessed a time when skates were a big club.

If we assume that all these unbiased men in the street you are approaching are under 80, then sorry you will be judged on last 30 years - and it isn't great!

So skate fans would agree that they are on an even kiel with preston, burnley and huddersfield in terms of how big the club was ????

Umm, no, thought not.

I can see the arguement and yes portsmouth are a more successful club then we are however that does not predetermine a clubs size, it helps to have a decently stocked trophy cabinet but i would rather look at recent successes over those that were years and years ago.

One point to note in all of this. The PL have been stating that they will ensure the TV money is used to pay off footballing debts for a considerable time, probably from the day the transfer embargo was put in place. (googlemeisters can probably find the original statement from the PL).

Sooooo, if between that original statement and today, IF any of the interim loans had been secured against money expected from TV revenue, then the people who offered that security in order to get new loans could be in a spot of bother, misrepresentation at the very least.

Perhaps a new can of worms could be opened up

Also, how rediculous is it that flavio briatore has been banned under the fit and proper persons checks due to his misdemeanors in F1 however the the fake shieks are able to carry on bungling through and bringing a club to it's knees ???

And they have a convicted fraudulent criminal working on their accounts ???

I know the FL and PL work differently but it really is a bit of a joke.

Oh, and it seems to me that the premier league are doing all in it's power to help pay debts so that they can re-open the transfer window. FFS stop trying to save face and own up to the fact that as a governing body they have f*cked up ??

Edited by Smirking_Saint

I'd be interested to know if the PL can divert funds in preference to other creditors now that a Winding Up petition has been presented. The Petitioon is an Act of Insolvency, as if the order is granted a receiver can go back to the petition date to establish preference

I'd be interested to know if the PL can divert funds in preference to other creditors now that a Winding Up petition has been presented. The Petitioon is an Act of Insolvency, as if the order is granted a receiver can go back to the petition date to establish preference

I would imagine as the money had not been credited to pompey that they are able to withdraw it for certain reasons, in fact i am reasonably sure that there are certain regulations that allows the prem to do this if certain things are not met.

I know they have lost players to African cup, and may well have to return O'Hara, but not having watched them this season - how much impact will this have on their best 11?

O'Hara was a real heartbeat of the team, but, TBH they have not been playing all that badly, not in the games i have watched anyways.

Not sure who they have lost to the ACN, but with imminent (i would imagine) player sales aswell i think they are doooomed.

I read somewhere today that of the 11m due, 7m would be going to the clubs with the remainder to HMRC as it's against the rules for Prem clubs to owe any money to the tax authorities. Surely they must be due a points deduction, there have to be some irregularities there somewhere!

Ref O'Hara, they don't need to return him yet, but the transfer embargo will stay unless the league can be sure the financial predicament (bit of an understatement!) will be resolved by the end of the season.

The EPL "own" the money, not pfc and therefore they can divert it where they see fit.

O'Hara was a real heartbeat of the team, but, TBH they have not been playing all that badly, not in the games i have watched anyways.

Not sure who they have lost to the ACN, but with imminent (i would imagine) player sales aswell i think they are doooomed.

Four gone to ACN.

Dindane, Kanu, Utaka and Belhadj.

Lose O'Hara too and its 3 starters and 2 subs gone - O'Hara and Bejhadj ( along with Boateng) being their best players too!

Lens wanting to recall Dindane as Pimpley cannot fulfill their promise to buy him and Blackburn wanting to take the loanee Picquionne onto their books.

Its a cack situation for them.. :D

Four gone to ACN.

Dindane, Kanu, Utaka and Belhadj.

Lose O'Hara too and its 3 starters and 2 subs gone - O'Hara and Bejhadj ( along with Boateng) being their best players too!

Lens wanting to recall Dindane as Pimpley cannot fulfill their promise to buy him and Blackburn wanting to take the loanee Picquionne onto their books.

Its a cack situation for them.. :D

Kaboul has also been linked with Lyon. Lol.

This is the fishy fews best idea yet I reckon,

http://www.fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=214623

May as well stop the game, not like many people turn up anyway!!

Good idea but about three years too late.

"Protest against everything wrong with football", one of them says (I've sorted out the typing for him). They were "everything wrong with football" years ago.

Good idea but about three years too late.

"Protest against everything wrong with football", one of them says (I've sorted out the typing for him). They were "everything wrong with football" years ago.

Everything wrong in football? Like no maximum wage limit? That was fought for by a chap called Guthrie I believe when he was chairman of (what is now) the PFA. He played for Portsmouth at the time.... :D

Everything wrong in football? Like no maximum wage limit? That was fought for by a chap called Guthrie I believe when he was chairman of (what is now) the PFA. He played for Portsmouth at the time.... :D

Didn't Jimmy Hill take the credit for that?

I would be amazed if any did. Players like Utaka on 80k a week would not get half that even as a free agent.

Utaka's not going anywhere, he won't be daft enough to leave Pompey while there is still some blood left to drain from their corpse. Likewise James, unless he's offered one last payday elsewhere. Essentially, anyone overpaid, or too old to be sure of a contract elsewhere will stay.

Some players such as Kevin-Prince Boateng can't move, as they have already had two clubs this year.

But the most saleable assets will be out of their like a shot. Basically, if they don't get paid today, the following players should all find it fairly easy to pick up similar or better wages elsewhere:

Mike Williamson - (did he play for Watford in August? If so can't move)

Tal Ben Haim - (His wages might be too high to want to move. Also did he play for City during preseason? If so can't move)

Asmir Begovic - as good as gone.

Marc Wilson

Younes Kaboul - (not sure whether he played for Spurs in preseason)

Nadir Belhadj

So, do you still think you'll be above us 3 years from now? :D

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=408850&postcount=110

Originally Posted by Dark Munster viewpost.gif

Perhaps it's best to rephrase the question as I did to pfc123 (I've added stadium):

Suppose someone were to give you the offer for P*mp*y and Saints to switch positions 3 years from now (owner, league position, facilities and debts). (Your decision of course must be made now, not 3 years from now.) Would you take the offer?

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/sho...&postcount=260

We're not quite dead yet you know. It might not be a good idea to start crowing BEFORE we've gone into admin/gone bust/been relegated to the Blue Square south. Sometimes he who shouts loudest ends up with egg on his face.

In truth, I have absolutely no idea whats going to happen next, but until we're kaput, I'll stick with PFC.........