Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5832704,00.html so unless the embargo is lifted, Fulham will be O'Hare's last game as a Skate...

Excerpt:

"Obviously it's a difficult situation for everyone at the club but we've got to stick together and we're paid to play football and that's all we can worry about.

Or not paid, to play football, as the case may be. :)

PFA confirm Pompey players not paid today. Hope that they will be paid tomorrow. Source: Radio Solent

Lol, sound like the old excuses i used to give the teacher regarding homework.

Didn't work for long.

What tommorow ?? The dog ate it ??

TBH they have already used the oldest homework/coursework trick in the book with the dodgy computer file one

It's something of a race now. Notts County are on their SECOND winding up order from Inland Revenue. I still think Pompey are ahead by a country mile though.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jan/04/notts-county

Aren't we lucky the football authorities are so good at governance?

Not that we should beleive anything they come out with, but apparently they are releasing a statement this afternoon, explaining everything is good again financially - see guardian link, few posts back

On a serious note PFC are really taking the **** again,someone needs to make a decision and pull the plug.

How many more chances are they going to get or are they going to get bailed out time after time.

What security can they be offering for all these short-term loans?

What security can they be offering for all these short-term loans?

They have nothing left surely,so whats the point just pull the plug and go into admin.

Are the PL just going to let this run and run?

They are making themselves look extremely foolish,the fit and proper persons test has been made a mockery of time and time again.

Soon the PL won't have any face to save.

I think the players could have walked on 1st January after the wages were late for December to start with. They managed to at least delay this happening by saying they'd be paid today.

I'd say it was a delaying tactic while they scrabbled around the world looking for a loan to keep the club going for just a little bit longer, in the hope they'd find a real billionaire to take over. They probably paid the other staff out of the matchday income where they were only took cash.

Now they're trying another delaying tactic of saying it'll be tomorrow now, and when that doesn't come through, which it won't unless they find some fool to lend them a bit more money, I'd imagine then the players will hand in their 14 day notice. (Unless they already have and we just haven't heard about it yet.)

It seems as though the key players in PFC are somewhat polarised whilst some are skating on thin ice and this saga drifts on and on. Those of us who are on the pompey boards seem to be getting a frosty reception and there is no sign of a thaw anytime

soon.

Seriously, though, what are the chances of some of the players acting on their 14 day notice period? Has there been a precedent of players cancelling their contracts with other clubs?

Edited by Johnny Bognor