Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I wonder what the excuse will be today?

There could be a proper Chemical Ali moment at Eastleigh with some poor spokesman trotting out rubbish whilst Gordon Taylor (? PFA chap ?) stalks around in the background.

Although possibly a bit petty on my part I think you mean "Comical Ali".

Chemical Ali was a different, much less amusing and thoroughly unpleasant individual.

comical_ali.jpg

Comical Ali

Chemical-Ali_1358378c.jpg

Chemical Ali

We're not quite dead yet you know. It might not be a good idea to start crowing BEFORE we've gone into admin/gone bust/been relegated to the Blue Square south. Sometimes he who shouts loudest ends up with egg on his face.

In truth, I have absolutely no idea whats going to happen next, but until we're kaput, I'll stick with PFC.........

Funny, we said exactly the same thing last year when we faced administration and Pompey fans were all over us like a rash savouring our humiliation.

Turnaround is fair play as they say. We're just savouring the moment...

Could you please explain, exactly, how the word moral can be used in the correct context when talking about PFC and the PL?

Whether its moral for the PL to take such a protectionist attitude towards football creditors or not (assuming their reidstribution of the money will happen and is legal).

Although possibly a bit petty on my part I think you mean "Comical Ali".

Chemical Ali was a different, much less amusing and thoroughly unpleasant individual.

comical_ali.jpg

Comical Ali

Chemical-Ali_1358378c.jpg

Chemical Ali

Yes, you're right. I meant the funny one.

Whether its moral for the PL to take such a protectionist attitude towards football creditors or not (assuming their reidstribution of the money will happen and is legal).

A very valid point IMO.

Ensuring that football debts are repaid in full means that there is less available for the other non-secured creditors.

Those that lose out are more likely to be smaller businesses which are less able to afford it.

Ultimately, if football clubs aren't prepared to take the risk that another club will be unable to pay them then they shouldn't sell on credit.

All IMO of course.

Daren

I have asked this question on here and on Pompey message Board but it gets ignored...

"if Pompey are so much bigger than saints (400% it seems) then they should have NO PROBLEM gett a serious owner the moment they are available. As after all. Little old insignificant saints got themselves a billionaire whilst bottom of division 3. ??

Strangely, they won't answer

How can anyone answer this question? Pompey will either get bought in some shape or form or they'll cease to exist. We won't know until either outcome comes to pass. It's an illogical question. Like saying, if England are so good, how come they have not won the 2010 World Cup?

How can anyone answer this question? Pompey will either get bought in some shape or form or they'll cease to exist. We won't know until either outcome comes to pass. It's an illogical question. Like saying, if England are so good, how come they have not won the 2010 World Cup?

but you must be very confident of pompey being saved...surely being so massive compared to saints etc

The wheels are starting to turn.

pompey have lost one of their biggest allies today, as I think we can assume, based on their actions, that they no longer have the support of the Premier League. Not just the fact of paying the money directly to other clubs, but forcing Ohara out, shows they have run out of patience.

They want them gone, pompey have embarrassed their brand (Although I suspect a few more clubs will follow them) and the fat ladys dressing room is being prepared.

They might well of course come up with another few million, to keep them going and might even pay their players today, but whether it's admin, gadamak revealed as the true owner or the tax man closing them down, the only thing that will save them as a club, is a white knight and i'm not sure how many of those are left.

Whilst it has been fun to watch and sneer so far, the end game is nearly here.

No i'm not confident at all. But your question remains unanswerable all the same DD. :)

but if little old saints got saved by a billionaire whilst bottom of div 3...then I would not worry PES...im sure there are plenty of SERIOUS potential owners out there and will save you quite swiftly..

your history will probably be your saving grace...being to "big" etc

Hmm, so James now thinks they have a chance of going on another cup run....

http://www.portsmouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=183519

"2010 sees David backing E.On's Great Saves campaign, where fans share their tips on how to save energy with each other. Those deemed to have come up with the most unique and inventive ways of cutting back on their energy usage could win tickets for the FA Cup final as well as get their hands on the famous trophy."

Oh, I see, the cr*p performances are Pompey's way of saving energy?

Latest excuse?

We have been unable to pay the players today as due to the extreme weather warnings issued by the BBC our Health & Safety Executive deemed it too high a risk for our employees to carry the cash received on Saturday to the bank in case they may slip up, again

it's about time Barclays came out and apologised for the appalling service they've been giving the club - every month there's a mistake, a corrupted file here, further delay there - the bank manager needs to explain exactly why his staff keep making these errors.

And as a sponsor of the best league in the world the bank is bringing the Prem into disrepute and making one of it's established and respected clubs look silly.

They can't blame this one on the bank (can they?). I wonder what today's excuse will be...

perhaps: 'Wages were on route to Eastleigh, but were delayed by the unexpected change of training venue' or 'Due to the potential adverse weather conditions, our money transfer was suspended.'

I'm going for 'wages were being transferred virtually via the interweb, but were lost due to a glitch in the network. Web security technicians have been pursuing the money all day. The monies were last seen entering a branch of Mizrahi Tefahot Bank in the Russian Federation city of Saratov.'

Latest excuse?

We have been unable to pay the players today as due to the extreme weather warnings issued by the BBC our Health & Safety Executive deemed it too high a risk for our employees to carry the cash received on Saturday to the bank in case they may slip up, again

"Due to the adverse weather conditions our account has been frozen?"

I'll get my coat. :(

Skates failed to make their 13.00 target to pay players.

Now aiming for 16.00

They managed to hire fareham's soccer city for training today so can't be that bad!

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/frattonlatest/Pompey-wages-still-to-be.5956736.jp

Maybe AG visited with a view to recruiting players for their next game? Or to let his players have a go on the kiddies playground that's in that building?

Or both of the above.

A very valid point IMO.

Ensuring that football debts are repaid in full means that there is less available for the other non-secured creditors.

Those that lose out are more likely to be smaller businesses which are less able to afford it.

Ultimately, if football clubs aren't prepared to take the risk that another club will be unable to pay them then they shouldn't sell on credit.

All IMO of course.

Exactly.

I have particularly little sympathy for Watford. We all knew that Pompey were screwed when Watford sold them a player. Just bad business from them.

http://www.fansonline.net/portsmouth/article.php?id=1274#articlecontinues

Can someone help me out here...... would you really sell a company and not keep copies of the accounts for the period you were in charge?

Surley, say if the Tax man wanted to investigate some sort of fraud, you would have the accounts.:D

As for having one of the lowest debt ratios when he left....... i give up... they are fooked

http://www.fansonline.net/portsmouth/article.php?id=1274#articlecontinues

Can someone help me out here...... would you really sell a company and not keep copies of the accounts for the period you were in charge?

Surley, say if the Tax man wanted to investigate some sort of fraud, you would have the accounts.:D

As for having one of the lowest debt ratios when he left....... i give up... they are fooked

Link doesn't work.

I thought companies were obliged to keep records for at least 7 years?

Wow we are very nearly at our 6,000 mark. Would love to hang around to try and sneak in but I've got Roast Potatoes on the boil that I need to fry apparently.

Fecking cheap cook book from Matalan for Xmas.

Anyone know where I can get help from someone good with cooking books?

Wow we are very nearly at our 6,000 mark. Would love to hang around to try and sneak in but I've got Roast Potatoes on the boil that I need to fry apparently.

Fecking cheap cook book from Matalan for Xmas.

Anyone know where I can get help from someone good with cooking books?

Norwich City?

They can't blame this one on the bank (can they?). I wonder what today's excuse will be...

perhaps: 'Wages were on route to Eastleigh, but were delayed by the unexpected change of training venue' or 'Due to the potential adverse weather conditions, our money transfer was suspended.'

I'm going for 'wages were being transferred virtually via the interweb, but were lost due to a glitch in the network. Web security technicians have been pursuing the money all day. The monies were last seen entering a branch of Mizrahi Tefahot Bank in the Russian Federation city of Saratov.'

How about: "Peter Storrie was in one queue at the bank getting the wages out but the others seemed to be going quicker so he joined one of those queues. Then, would you believe it, the queue he joined slowed down and the one he left got quicker. This has happened a large number of times now, so it seems that (through some rather bad luck) he is now 125th in the queue when he was originally only 4th in line. At this rate, he will get the money sometime in June.

Please don't blame us - blame the bank.

Thank you, Portsmouth Football and Comedy Club"