Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

SulaimanAlfahim ‏@TheRealSulaiman

I can't understand TB, he wants only the two bidders #PST and Protpin !!! All what he requested been provided but still does not want SAF!!

Interesting, suggests that TB hasn't been sidelined by PKF (assuming Mr Whippy is correct) and is very much involved.

ice cream seller sized assumption

SulaimanAlfahim ‏@TheRealSulaiman

I can't understand TB, he wants only the two bidders #PST and Protpin !!! All what he requested been provided but still does not want SAF!!

Interesting, suggests that TB hasn't been sidelined by PKF (assuming Mr Whippy is correct) and is very much involved.

It may be the case that Trev is still very much involved but it is certainly telling that he is no longer in the media front line. Either he has decided not to be so high profile voluntarily or he has been pulled out by PKF. There are no other realistic possibilities. Either way it indicates that PKF are uncomfortable with the present position and don't wish to be too visibly associated with ongoing events.

Edited by TopGun

EDIT :

Correction...

Pompey entered admin on 17th Feb 2012 - Winding up petition heard on 20th Feb.

Lumpitt and 'two board members' were made redundant on 22nd Feb when Tricky Trev was appointed...

AA DID NOT sack Lumpitt, nor did he hold any control over PFC - this was ratified by the judge in the winding up hearing when he appointed Trev. Remember then how Chinny offered £500k to gain control - via AA - at the hearing?

Yet more proof that AA and Chinny held no sway over the events at PFC while Lumpitt was in control....

Good news....that means he's 'fit and proper' to take over again after all....bring it on! :)

Edited by trousers

Has Birch been seen in the directors box at FP lately. Maybe he's just realised how pointless setting deadlines is, must admit that he's got a big shout on deciding a preferred bidder because either way they ain't going nowhere.

As holepuncture suggests above, how could they sack Lampitt (if indeed that's what happened) if they weren't "in control" of the club?

The fact that they needed Lampitt to sign off the paperwork suggests to me that was just a legal formality (if they were acting as 'shadow' owners of the company)

Most board's would have provision for a circumstance where a key signatory was not available. Typically dual sign off from an elected number of directors, so business can continue in an unexpected absence. Seems very odd.

16/10/2012 8:26 AM BST

Diamond Geezer

It is always about saving PFC.... How about paying the creditors.. How about paying the huge debts... Any other business would have been dead and buried eon's ago. This is the most disgraceful saga I have ever witnessed. If this is dragged through the courts, who is going to pay the lawyers... Who is going to pay PKF.. This is absolutely crazy. According to all the news above, it would appear time is of the essence... it was 8 months ago when this kicked off.. But here you are still going over the same old, same old. This is no making of the fans and not directed at the fans but surely the administrators and all other bodies involved with this should be called to task over the total mis-management of this debacle.

^ This

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/cup-of-nations-heartache-for-dumbuya-1-4369337

And there was me thinking the players were only on a monthly 'contract'. Pompeyland talking as if the players are there for the long term. Same old Pompey "business as usual" mentality...

I would have thought clubs will be queuing up to take the international stars off Pompey's hands in January. It's not as if Pompey can offer them a better deal financially...doh...

Edited by trousers

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Straining-At-The-Leash-3802.aspx

The passion of the Fratton faithful – something he did not appreciate until he joined the club over the summer – is another reason why Thompson is eager to return to the side.

He said: “I didn’t realise quite how massive a club Pompey were and how big the support base was until I witnessed it at the first game of the season against Bournemouth.

:facepalm:

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Straining-At-The-Leash-3802.aspx

The passion of the Fratton faithful – something he did not appreciate until he joined the club over the summer – is another reason why Thompson is eager to return to the side.

He said: “I didn’t realise quite how massive a club Pompey were and how big the support base was until I witnessed it at the first game of the season against Bournemouth.

:facepalm:

Yep, those 14,500 home fans were really something to behold. Absolutely massive support base.

Yep, those 14,500 home fans were really something to behold. Absolutely massive support base.

This is really getting boring, isn't it? Surely even their fans are embarrassed by this? We sold out games in League 1 and you still didn't hear this level of bleating about what a 'massive' club we were from players.

Would that be the same rumour as when they clearly stated last week that they owned it, before the agent said they didn't?

That Bournemouth match was amazing.

I remember setting the alarm and getting up in the middle of the night to catch the highlights of the biggest game of the day.

When I turned it on I had to check the channel, I thought I'd stumbled across Boca Juniors against River Plate, we were sweeping ticker tape out of the living room for weeks.

Next door got up and asked me to turn the TV down as the crowd noise was deafening, I had to explain that it was turned down, but the set had been overawed by showing such a massive game.

And then when they showed that shot of all those flares being lit on the Fatpipe End, people over the road from me were getting up because they thought it was morning.

It was no coincidence that Galatasaray, Celtic and Newcastle all disbanded their fan clubs the next day because they realised their support lacked numbers and passion.

Having said that, did anyone else think it went a bit quiet when Lee Barnard scored?

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/appy-in-move-to-keep-thomas-1-4369394

While Appleton attempts to prolong Thomas’ stay, the immediate future of the rest of the squad is clearer.The Blues have renewed the deals of their non-loan players for an additional month.

The majority of the squad’s existing contracts expired after Saturday’s visit of Crewe. However, they have now put pen to paper to stay for another month at Fratton Park.

That includes Simon Eastwood, Mustapha Dumbuya, Jon Harley, Brian Howard, Lee Williamson, Jack Compton, McLeod, Luke Rodgers, Liam Walker and Gabor Gyepes.

The likes of Johnny Ertl, Darel Russell, Josh Thompson and Lubomir Michalik are not scheduled to renew their deals until later in the month.

In the meantime, Mikkel Andersen and Jordan Obita will have their loans from Reading renewed.

I had to remind myself who Portco were:rolleyes:

Portco is fronted by Scottish born Harry KERR. Who owns INVESTMENT FIRM....AVALON.:)

MR Kerr..Scottish born and a supporter of Arsenal and Hibernian..

Consortium member Mr Terry Pritchard..Mortgage guru :D

Mr Pritchard is a hardcore Pompey fan:scared: But loves money more:p

Buying up surrounding land at the massive Pompey stadium ready for the sell off and development:uhoh:

Edited by ottery st mary

As Rallyboy reminds us out in his inimitable style, Pritchard, representing Portco ,claimed last week that they had already bought the land , and had to backtrack when the administrators said that was not true, and indeed that they received no offers at that stage.

As Rallyboy reminds us out in his inimitable style, Pritchard, representing Portco ,claimed last week that they had already bought the land , and had to backtrack when the administrators said that was not true, and indeed that they received no offers at that stage.

Even if they have, both Pritchard and Kerr are frontmen. As far as I know nothing has been discovered about the investors or beneficial owners of "Portco", which appears to have been set up solely for this transaction :suspicious:

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/portsmouth/fb_news.php?storyid=18396&title=hall_right_now:_portpin_will_take_over_pompey_-_andronikou

In the second part of pompey-fans.com exclusive interview with Andrew Andronikou he claimed:

• He was responsible for bringing Milan Mandaric to Pompey
  • He was Martin Gregory's chosen administrator in 1999
  • Lambasted CSIs business strategy
  • Claimed to have represented all the players in negotiating compromise agreements with Pompey
  • Poured scorn on the Supporters Trust bid for Pompey
  • Claimed Portpin would win and take control of Pompey

He then went on to claim Pompey supporters were working to liquidate the club and that Portpin would win the race for control of Pompey: "I just get the impression a lot of the supporter groups wanted the club to be relegated. Wanted it put into liquidation – to get rid of Portpin. Portpin aren’t the villains of the piece (sic) here. :lol:

The saga's going to end because Portpin are buying the club back and that’s all. I don't know what’s been going in the press, its just nonsense again. It's been approved by the Football League and they will take the club forward.

he also claimed Portpin had passed the Owners and Directors test: "Yes. All done. The argument now is about PKF because they are holding several million pounds of the club’s money which they are trying to keep for their own fees. It's all about the fees, arguing [over them].

Erm...fees they are entitled to in law you mean Mr Andronikou? Good luck with that one...(would explain why Birch has gone to ground if there's a legal dispute brewing re: PKF fees...)

Lord Palmerston ‏@Lord_Palmerston

I'd say Andronikou has now destroyed any chance of FL being able to tell anyone Portpin are fit & proper. He admits to being shadow director
Edited by trousers

God Bless Andrew Andronikou and Balram Chainrai.

I look forward to the developments on the Gadymack land with keen interest!

Shalala

are you suggesting that Andronikou may just be using this platform to attack the company that got the gig instead of him? :o

While everyone has an agenda - AA has about three.

Interesting that he 'claims' that Chinny has been passed FaP, and that the only delay to takeover is now a negotiation of the admin fees.

I'm not sure administrators do too much haggling, so that shouldn't slow things down.

Unless of course Birch is too busy signing autographs, which brings me onto another point - which is, just like Avrams' favourite granny, old, but worth revisiting.

When pompey fans claim that their admin was the same as ours...

How many people on here queued up to get Mark Fry's autograph?

Because the Andronikou signing session sums up the mentality on Portsea better than anything else.

Even putting aside Fahim being welcomed in his little skimpy top, and Storrie's name being chanted - too many people down there would cheer a turd in a shirt if it said hero on the back.

They need to throw off the shackles of stupidity, stop following like sheep, and make some decisions without consulting their local paper for who is a hero today, and who is now a villain.

If they had asked about the finances before, questioned the last few managers' records, and not believed all the hype chucked at them, the few could distance themselves from this debacle and claim some innocence.

But I see no significant distance between them and the crooks - they want the cup, but they don't want the debt, and they don't want to pay the captain who lifted it.

They still want to celebrate the historic 4-1 victory over a team from the third tier, but they don't want to pay the players.

The few are implicated.

You may not have shot the clerk, but it's stretching things to deny any knowledge of the crime when you've pocketed your share of the cash and been caught wearing a balaclava, sat outside the bank at the wheel of a stolen 1975 Transit.

So for that reason, when it comes to being sympathetic to the poor plucky bestest fans who still give it large, I'm out.

I see Scott McCochlan (sp?) has reappeared on the News site, in his 'oldredeye' incarnation. To give him his due, and good luck to him, he has started an attempt to walk to the 92 league club grounds in a season, raising money for prostate cancer in the process -- which is presumably really why he packed in POL and passed it over to that Frattoniser nutcase.

I see Scott McCochlan (sp?) has reappeared on the News site, in his 'oldredeye' incarnation. To give him his due, and good luck to him, he has started an attempt to walk to the 92 league club grounds in a season, raising money for prostate cancer in the process -- which is presumably really why he packed in POL and passed it over to that Frattoniser nutcase.

Fair play to him for doing that.

are you suggesting that Andronikou may just be using this platform to attack the company that got the gig instead of him? :o

While everyone has an agenda - AA has about three.

Interesting that he 'claims' that Chinny has been passed FaP, and that the only delay to takeover is now a negotiation of the admin fees.

I'm not sure administrators do too much haggling, so that shouldn't slow things down.

Unless of course Birch is too busy signing autographs, which brings me onto another point - which is, just like Avrams' favourite granny, old, but worth revisiting.

When pompey fans claim that their admin was the same as ours...

How many people on here queued up to get Mark Fry's autograph?

Because the Andronikou signing session sums up the mentality on Portsea better than anything else.

Even putting aside Fahim being welcomed in his little skimpy top, and Storrie's name being chanted - too many people down there would cheer a turd in a shirt if it said hero on the back.

They need to throw off the shackles of stupidity, stop following like sheep, and make some decisions without consulting their local paper for who is a hero today, and who is now a villain.

If they had asked about the finances before, questioned the last few managers' records, and not believed all the hype chucked at them, the few could distance themselves from this debacle and claim some innocence.

But I see no significant distance between them and the crooks - they want the cup, but they don't want the debt, and they don't want to pay the captain who lifted it.

They still want to celebrate the historic 4-1 victory over a team from the third tier, but they don't want to pay the players.

The few are implicated.

You may not have shot the clerk, but it's stretching things to deny any knowledge of the crime when you've pocketed your share of the cash and been caught wearing a balaclava, sat outside the bank at the wheel of a stolen 1975 Transit.

So for that reason, when it comes to being sympathetic to the poor plucky bestest fans who still give it large, I'm out.

Amen

Official_Twitter_Logo_normal.jpgPortsmouth FC ‏@officialpompey

Christmas party bookings at Fratton Park are still being taken. Please visit http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/commercial/christmas.aspx … or call 023 9277 855 for more information

Unusually, it would appear they have the pantomime season in full swing well before the Christmas festivities this year down at Krap Nottarf ... :lol:

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/cup-of-nations-heartache-for-dumbuya-1-4369337

And there was me thinking the players were only on a monthly 'contract'. Pompeyland talking as if the players are there for the long term. Same old Pompey "business as usual" mentality...

I would have thought clubs will be queuing up to take the international stars off Pompey's hands in January. It's not as if Pompey can offer them a better deal financially...doh...

Does this mean they have to pay Dumbuya when he is at the African Cup of Nations?

Go on, you know you want to...

@officialpompey: Take the Fratton Park stadium tour this Sunday: http://t.co/9KqV89IW #pompey

"All guests will receive a tour certificate and opportunity to have their photo taken with a full-size replica of the FA Cup." :facepalm:

All proceeds to the creditors who are owed c.£150m due to Pompey cheating their way to the cup final (and beyond) no doubt?

Edited by trousers

Looks like Birch has booked the venue for the liquidation party then...

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Victory-Bar-Closure-On-December-15-3804.aspx

Victory Bar Closure On December 15

The Victory Bar will not be open after the League One match against Preston on December 15.

It will close after half-time and there will be no post-match access.

Portsmouth Football Club apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

They're two different people - PompeyScot's real name is Bill. The 'Scot' part of his username is because he is originally from Scotland.

Celtic fan on Twitter

Mícheál Mac Eoghain ‏@MrMacFunn

Why have #Pompey not just sacrificed their old company and set up a new one, debt free? Why have FA club not found this easy way out?

Looks like other teams' clubs are beginning to get it, although I'm sure Celtic fans will be well aware of the situation of their Glasgow neighbour and perhaps can see similarities easier. I wonder if their forum has a Rangers Takeover Saga thread? ;)

Surely, that's not fair!

Bournemouth just don't understand, they've never been in a situation anything like what poor old plucky bestest loyal faithful massive pompey are currently in.

Absolute disgrace from Bournemouth not to be giving Wes Thomas a free transfer. They should have to pay his wages until the end of the season too.

And the rest. Surely they won't get a Court date this year?

So, IF Birch is prepared to do that (which I doubt) PST either proceed carrying the risk of paying Portpin's damages & costs next year if Chinny wins, or they tell Birch they'll wait until after the Court case. How much money have the Trust got?

I don't know if it works this way, but it seems to me that Birch's best option is to convene another Creditor's meeting, and make them choose one bid, then take that bid to the FL. If the FL don't accept then liquidate.

So, IF Birch is prepared to do that (which I doubt) PST either proceed carrying the risk of paying Portpin's damages & costs next year if Chinny wins, or they tell Birch they'll wait until after the Court case. How much money have the Trust got?

I don't know if it works this way, but it seems to me that Birch's best option is to convene another Creditor's meeting, and make them choose one bid, then take that bid to the FL. If the FL don't accept then liquidate.

Your bringing common sense into the equation. That will not do, on here we want the hardest strangest most deranged options to come into play at every turn and U turn that occurs in the drama that is PFC. Nuclear winter on the island of Dr Moreau as long as it dragged out the imminent death of the blue few would be what they deserved.

Although being in UK this year think nuclear winter may have arrived for the whole country.

You've also got the potential situation of:

Birch chooses the PST as preferred bidder.

Chinny refuses to accept the £2.75M offer for his Fatpipe Park charge, so it goes to court.

The court decides that the £2.75M figure is indeed too low, and sets a figure of, say, £5M.

The PST can't afford £5M.

OR

Chinny doesn't accept the £5M valuation and appeals it, again in court.

Any choice involving the PST has all sorts of potential twists and turns with no quick outcome. I've said I expect nothing to be settled before Christmas, if the PST get the nod then it could be the summer before it gets sorted out. What a terrible soap opera this is (thoroughly entertaining though, of course).

You've also got the potential situation of:

Birch chooses the PST as preferred bidder.

Chinny refuses to accept the £2.75M offer for his Fatpipe Park charge, so it goes to court.

The court decides that the £2.75M figure is indeed too low, and sets a figure of, say, £5M.

The PST can't afford £5M.

OR

Chinny doesn't accept the £5M valuation and appeals it, again in court.

Any choice involving the PST has all sorts of potential twists and turns with no quick outcome. I've said I expect nothing to be settled before Christmas, if the PST get the nod then it could be the summer before it gets sorted out. What a terrible soap opera this is (thoroughly entertaining though, of course).

I was kind of assuming, maybe wrongly, that as the biggest creditor, if Portpin didn't accept the terms of the PST bid, it wouldn't be the one chosen.