Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Damn....I'd geared myself up for another couple of fun filled years with Chainrai at the helm. Looks like I'll have to be content with the comedy value offered by the Trust ownership instead...

And there will be lots of Comedy moments, now lets get the cash in from people who pledged being the first and then does anyone think Chainrai is going to just disappear.

Lots of laughs left yet i think

And there will be lots of Comedy moments' date=' now lets get the [b']cash in from people who pledged [/b]being the first and then does anyone think Chainrai is going to just disappear.

Lots of laughs left yet i think

Just before Christmas and all.... there has been plenty of time for the wives and sisters of Portsmouth to weardown their menfolk and highlight teh stupity of sinking £1000 into a football club...

@pn_neil_allen: Hancock calls on Football League to look into @blueballoo2000 Portpin dossier. Seems like they already have. http://t.co/EOsOey4A #Pompey

Mr Hall, from Gosport, said: ‘‘It took me six to seven months to try and work out what was going on and taken me the rest of the time to talk to sources and gain information from around the world.

‘There’s a lot of people who have put the picture together over the years.’

It's been our pleasure to have been of assistance Mr Hall ;)

Hmmm...

"The News has been aware of the claims made in Mr Hall’s blog for some time but is unable to publish them on legal advice."

And, another Pompey fan confirms they've had their head in the sand the last 3 years, this time a local MP...

Mr Hancock said: "‘I am shocked and surprised by what I read (in the Hall blog)"

Edited by trousers

all this slapping each other on the back in congratulation will blow up in our faces. Pompey have wriggled and squirmed and defied all logic. If things were even they would have been gone years ago, they are the cockroaches of football even when the nuclear option is used they will survive. it is a travesty

Seems like a whole lot of spin going on. Saying that the FL "failed to agree" and implying that this means they have rejected Chainrai/Portpin as owners.

The FL's statement is entirely neutral on this.

"It is for the Administrator to select his preferred bidder for the club. The Administrator is aware that any such bidder must meet The Football League’s requirements including the terms of the Owners’ and Directors’ Test,' said a league spokesperson.

'Once the preferred bidder has been selected the matter will be considered formally by the League Board."

Seems like a whole lot of spin going on. Saying that the FL "failed to agree" and implying that this means they have rejected Chainrai/Portpin as owners.

The FL's statement is entirely neutral on this.

"It is for the Administrator to select his preferred bidder for the club. The Administrator is aware that any such bidder must meet The Football League’s requirements including the terms of the Owners’ and Directors’ Test,' said a league spokesperson.

'Once the preferred bidder has been selected the matter will be considered formally by the League Board."

This is the bit I'm not quite understanding at the moment...I thought that PKF had already selected Portpin as their preferred bidder and it was that recommendation that the Football League were supposed to be discussing yesterday...?

Edited by trousers

Not to downplay Mr Hall's fine body of work that takes our research to the next stage, but....

Saints forum members list the criminality in detail = jealous Nutjob scummahs spinning ridiculous conspiracy theories.

pompey fan lists the same criminality in detail as part of a PR campaign for the Trust = media-savvy hero and research guru pioneer, heralded as the new messiah by the few.

Now would be the time to scrutinise the exact wording of the council's conditions of providing the loan.

And also the wording of the FA following their meeting - sadly I can't find anything now, but I'm certain I read a statement that said the FA / FL had made NO DECISION on Chinny's bid and had referred it back to the administrator to choose.....

I read that as PKF - Birch??? - had put forward a tentative document to garner the FL's opinion on it, rather than actually submitting his bid for approval.

Only PKF truly knows what is going on down there, but their lips have been tighter than Avram's pants outside a car dealership.

all this slapping each other on the back in congratulation will blow up in our faces. Pompey have wriggled and squirmed and defied all logic. If things were even they would have been gone years ago, they are the cockroaches of football even when the nuclear option is used they will survive. it is a travesty

It depends on what we want to see as the result of all this fallout. Perhaps many of us are happy to have them continue, either run by the Trust or with Chainrai. Unless some lunatic multi-millionaire arrives on the scene to save them, they are going to be incredible comedy value with either of the two scenarios under which they now find themselves. And we still have the results of the Baker Tilley forensic examination to look forward to.

It depends on what we want to see as the result of all this fallout. Perhaps many of us are happy to have them continue, either run by the Trust or with Chainrai. Unless some lunatic multi-millionaire arrives on the scene to save them, they are going to be incredible comedy value with either of the two scenarios under which they now find themselves. And we still have the results of the Baker Tilley forensic examination to look forward to.
I want them gone forever, that is justice in my eyes. There would have been little tears from them had we gone. I survived decades without a derby,if Jiommy Saville came back as a born again christian would that cleanse his past?

Not to downplay Mr Hall's fine body of work that takes our research to the next stage, but....

Saints forum members list the criminality in detail = jealous Nutjob scummahs spinning ridiculous conspiracy theories.

pompey fan lists the same criminality in detail as part of a PR campaign for the Trust = media-savvy hero and research guru pioneer, heralded as the new messiah by the few.

you seriously expect/want the skates to pat us on the back for this thread?

Unless of course a previously unseen and brand new consortium mysteriously steps from the shadows next week...

No links to any other potential owners past nor present, fronted by some imaginary Arab/Russian - probably with Andronikou as an advisor, and a figure of £17M mentioned somewhere!

quite frankly I'm amazed a mystery (insurance) third bidder hasn't been chucked into the ring a while back. Too late and too obvious now?

This is the bit I'm not quite understanding at the moment...I thought that PKF had already selected Portpin as their preferred bidder and it was that recommendation that the Football League were supposed to be discussing yesterday...?

if that's not the case, what the **** are PKF waiting for? The bids were handed in yonks ago and since then PKF seem to have sat on their hands. They're not getting paid by the hour by any chance?

Edited by Chez

It seems likely that if Portpin don't take control soon, there is likely to be a drawn out legal case.

Chanrai isn't just going to shrug his shoulders and walk away.

Exactly, this is going to run and run and is getting murkier by the day. Birch has been caught between a rock and a hard place and there is no even half-decent solution for him. This is going to get really heavy and for one I can see liquidation as being Birch's best option - anything else is going to end up in a long drawn out legal battle which the club or the trust can ill-afford. Pull up an armchair if I were you.

Exactly, this is going to run and run and is getting murkier by the day. Birch has been caught between a rock and a hard place and there is no even half-decent solution for him. This is going to get really heavy and for one I can see liquidation as being Birch's best option - anything else is going to end up in a long drawn out legal battle which the club or the trust can ill-afford. Pull up an armchair if I were you.

Hey ho - page 2000 here we come

They did. Sultan Bin Trump and one other bloke living with his mum

Think it was about 50 pages ago. PKF said they were too late.

of course. Well they are all set and ready should the need arise. I suspect the skates will prise a little deeper than they did when Al Mirage grabbed the reigns

Nabil Hassan@NabilHassan79 #bbcfootball RT @alex_crook - Reports from Lancashire suggest Michael Appleton has held 'relaxed talks' with Bolton #bwfc #pompey

We are not that *****in lucky,:x If we manage to palm him off to them it will be as good a result as you SC*****s had in flogging beer bottle burly to the Jocks

ps i see them cheating feckers down the road are creeping up the league:D

We are not that *****in lucky,:x If we manage to palm him off to them it will be as good a result as you SC*****s had in flogging beer bottle burly to the Jocks

LOL Mackers - Get your cheque book out son - 900 pound payable to pst trust...... Keep old trev going for an hour or so

I think beer was the only thing that Burley did not drink :lol: I hope the PST pull through but a legal challenge by Portpin could mean liquidation if the FL do not accept the Portpin crooks as fit and proper. I have read Micah Halls work and I think it deserves an award.

I think beer was the only thing that Burley did not drink :lol: I hope the PST pull through but a legal challenge by Portpin could mean liquidation if the FL do not accept the Portpin crooks as fit and proper. I have read Micah Halls work and I think it deserves an award.

To be honest!(thats good coming from us feckers) If PST had the minerals to run the club tricky Trev would of handed over the keys to the safe by now, so that leaves the slippery slope, and Trev knows what old chinnys up to, I think the safest bet for our club is to let Trev play Governor for the time being and hope the readys don't run out just yet.

To be honest!( i know good coming from our end of the ally) If PST had the minerals to run the club tricky Trev would have coughed up the keys to the safe by now, So that leaves the slippery Slope, And Trev knows what old Chinnys aims are, Whats safest for the club at the mo is most likely to let Trev play guv and hope the money don't run out until another option turns up.

To be honest!( i know good coming from our end of the ally) If PST had the minerals to run the club tricky Trev would have coughed up the keys to the safe by now, So that leaves the slippery Slope, And Trev knows what old Chinnys aims are, Whats safest for the club at the mo is most likely to let Trev play guv and hope the money don't run out until another option turns up.

Yay. The Mack is back. Missed Mack.

you seriously expect/want the skates to pat us on the back for this thread?

If they did, Caesar, they would be holding knives. As pointed out earlier, the hypocrisy from down there is is delicate, ironic and succulent.

We point it all out then we are dirty, obsessed, lying faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakin' scummmaaaaaaaaaaaaz.

One of their own points it out and it's a work to rival war & peace.

Get thee gone, Satan's spawn or milt or whatever we may call them.

Appy get his justifications in early

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2217333/Michael-Appleton-managing-Portsmouth-The-hardest-job-football.html?openGraphAuthor=%2Fhome%2Fsearch.html%3Fs%3D%26authornamef%3DMalcolm%2BFolley

My betting on his replacement -

Cot the clot 5/1 - out of work, but still a legend

Uncle Avram 6/1 (in from 20/1) now that the sex trade can continue on Inbred Island

Arry & Rosie 20/1 - now Bompey don't want him

Whiskey George 50/1 - surely they wouldn't be that kind to us

Jan Poortvliet 100/1 (20/1 if the PST realise the true size of their player budget)

Lee Bradbury 150/1 - for when they merge with Havant & Waterlooville