Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Of course, we all know what this means....another post match moan from Appy about how uncompetitive his squad is and how unfair everything is. Bless.

This is true... how are they supposed to beat a team 22nd in League Two with only one player having experience from last season's PL? It's just not fair! :facepalm:

Of course, we all know what this means....another post match moan from Appy about how uncompetitive his squad is and how unfair everything is. Bless.

Is it time to make up the bingo cards with appropriate and predictable phrases? Quid each and first to a line of three phrases in the same interview takes all..

Appleton has the safest job in football. For all the wrong reasons. People lavish sympathy on him, but any and every kind of failure is tolerated. What a shameful night this.

At half-time Appleton should have stated: 'remember, you are on MONTHLY contracts.'

:lol::lol:

I'm still convinced this chap is one of us on a wind-up; he's absolutely classic.

The views of the phew on POL who haven't turned up to support their team

Well I'm glad I didn't waste good money driving down the A3 at break-neck speed this evening if this is the sort of thing I would have had to see!

to let 2 goals in at home to wycombe is unforgiveable

Honestly couldn't care less if we'd stuck the U12s out in this competition. It distracts from the League which we desperately need to pick up points in, and means the square root of **** all, even if we won it.

to go 2-0 down within 8 mins at home to a L2 side has taken things to a new level.

Thank god I didn't go.

I was looking forward to Wembley as well. I will just have to wait for the play off finals instead ;)

he bare facts are that the manager has put out his best available team bar his goalkeeper with an obvious attempt to win the match and yet we are 3-1 down against what is currently the 3rd worst team of the 92 clubs in the Football League! People can dress it up in as many ways and with as many excuses as they want but it's not good!

Its JP Trophy. Why are we getting upset?

if I'm honest, it scares me greatly that Webster is starting games for us. He's clearly talented, but he's still a boy.

Appy you might be a nice man but christ you are a crap manager

Come on, let's all calm down. It's only the tin pot trophy. I personally don't mind if the players weren't bothered tonight. More important stuff ahead of them.

:lol: :lol:

And finally, my POL deluded skate quote of the day

Of course we all know that there are other L1 and L2 teams in the cup, however, in the last 30 years, the chances of us facing a non league side have been low because we haven't entered in the First Round.

It's as romantic for the fans of the bigger teams to draw a non league club we've either never visited or haven't been to for years, as it is for the non league club to play at a ground like FP which is still regarded in certain circles as a massive ground full of history!

:facepalm:

It would seem the natives down the road are getting a bit restless with their glorious leader...

Appy you might be a nice man but christ you are a crap manager.

Webster just isn't ready for 1st team football. It's nuts that Appy is playing a LB at LM with Compton on the bench, and a young RB at LB. Insanity.

The bare facts are that the manager has put out his best available team bar his goalkeeper with an obvious attempt to win the match and yet we are 3-1 down against what is currently the 3rd worst team of the 92 clubs in the Football League! People can dress it up in as many ways and with as many excuses as they want but it's not good!

This is shocking though, what a pile of crap! Wycombe are 3rd from bottom in League 2, as Russell says they are the third worst team in English professional football and we're losing to them at home, conceding three goals against a side who have only scored ten times all season FFS! This is dreadful, each and everyone of those players should hang their heads in shame, there is more to winning a match than just turning up FFS!!! They only got their second win since March at the weekend!

Attendance: 7,292. They all ought to demand refunds."

And all this from the supporters who never, ever get on the team's back and who never, ever have a go at the manager.

This one takes the price: "Attendance: 7,292. They all ought to demand refunds."

Righto, I'm sure Birch is ready to pay it back if you show up at his office tomorrow. If he still has an office at PKF that is?

And yes, Fratton Park is full of history. So is Auschwitz.... History doesn't necessarily connotate something positive ;)

7,292 is a pretty good attendance for them, to be fair.

Sadly for them they lose half the gate receipts to Wycombe and a share to the Football League; and with tickets priced at only £10 a ticket, they've probably only cleared enough funds to pay PKF's bills for another 3 or 4 days. What a shame those plucky boys couldn't progress further to bring in more much needed revenues. Tricky Trev and his pals will just have to continue to pull their fees from the ever depleting post-takeover operating budget (which, lets face it, could end up entirely depleted at this rate).

But didn't PST budget for 10K+ for each cup game??

They've played two though, so they're ok. PST only budgeted for one of each cup game per season. It was a rare piece of conservatism from them.

Not that it matters. Trevster is working to his own budget; the PST or Portpin will have to sift through the wreckage of PKF's blatant overspending and adjust accordingly.

But surely half of them were WW supporters, afterall they were visiting "a ground like FP which is still regarded in certain circles as a massive ground full of history!"

History being the key word. Long, distant history. Not like recent history, more like men having sex with goats history. Not Moon landing history, we are talking "isn't it time we redecorated the cave honey?" history.

The handwringing continues from the bestest who never criticise their own...

Awful all around. Play like that and were going down. League is most important. Lets hope saturday is called off. Our first team and were well beaten ffs

Thats our good run over then. Back to the normal crap again i suppose. 1 Win at home this season is a joke

how people can disregard crap is beyond me :facepalm:

Bet appleton doesnt drop howard though. Him and williamson and to a lesser extent harley have been utter gash this season

they shouldn't be too worried about losing tonight, it's a poxy trophy - what did the JPT do for us?

Nothing.....apart from a couple of 30K gates, some TV money - oh, and the chance for a record-breaking 50,000+ Saints fans to bury the bitter memories of administration and share a fantastic day out with Markus, a day that acted as a springboard for an astonishing march through two divisions.

Yeah, poxy trophy, they are better off out of it, they can concentrate on the league.

Perhaps if the ref hadn't been overawed by the massive occasion and the Wycombe players hadn't been inspired by the fortress atmosphere that only the bestest can produce, then there might have been a different outcome.

Please don't anyone call this a giant-killing, I see no giant.

Appy has decided not to even defend such an abject result, claiming its only the 3 points on Saturday that matters. That being the case, I'm inclined to wonder why he put out a full strength team tonight.

Although I'm surprised at his ambivalence, given his constant clamouring for more funds for ever more players.

Appy has decided not to even defend such an abject result, claiming its only the 3 points on Saturday that matters. That being the case, I'm inclined to wonder why he put out a full strength team tonight.

Although I'm surprised at his ambivalence, given his constant clamouring for more funds for ever more players.

Yeah, I thought that he would play his reserves as well !

Appless it was, just Appless !