Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Does that mean the other 247,700 on Southsea Common will back him to the hilt and 'Pack the Park' once he's back at the helm.

2,700 signatures including multiple signatories and a fair share of spoofs? I don't think I'd be shouting too loud about that if it were me.

It's from the same source that made out there was a massive group of Skates outside the training ground handing pleading letters to Kitson & Co a few months back, until TV showed it was actually just 6 (six). Oh, and gave extensive coverage to the huge SOS Pompey "march", which actually consisted of 20-30 bored, spotty oiks who happened to be hanging around FP at the time, probably looking for car stereos to nick.

I think it's great that Saints fans are asking questions on a messageboard, though not a majority and certainly not me, against popular belief on here, many Pompey fans did. Most noteable being Mike Hall. He has kept tabs for years on irregularities at Pompey, sadly not enough of us listened.

Anyway my point being, it's all very well asking questions on a messageboard, but you need proof. It's your club and if you think you can trust NC then you're as stupid as me.

Questions that need answering (Preferably backed up with financial statements) include; exactly how much money are you borrowing and when will it stop? I mean how many years now has your outgoings exceeded income, when and how are you going to start clawing it back especially as your clearly not being propped up by the Liebherr family anymore? And here is the biggie I'd be really worried about? How in arrears are you to HMRC? You cant let that one get outta hand I can tell you. These are all questions that need answering, not on messageboards but directly. NC is a very amicable fella who is really open and respectful to the fans so he will be really upfront I'm sure?

I know you are only trolling/fishing, but I'll bite:

I will be worried when on sub 20 000 crowds we don't pay tax and rip off charities in order to facilitate our signing:

Hart (read James)

Terry (read Campbell)

Baines (read Johnson)

Defoe (read Defoe)

Etc, etc, etc.

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/blues-to-meet-a-familiar-face-appy-couldn-t-afford-1-4335888

Appleton would have loved to see Allen in a royal blue shirt again – but simply couldn’t afford to fund a move.

Appleton said: ‘I’ve got a lot of time for Scott. We’d love to have him here but he’s at MK Dons at the minute.

‘He never quite went to Crystal Palace, who were also interested, because they couldn’t quite agree on things finances-wise.

‘And he was certainly out of our pay bracket when I enquired a month ago.

So they must be doing something right at MK Dons in terms of budgets'[/Quote]

Yes, like paying taxes, charities and local businesses you mean? (Yeah, I know...bit of an alien concept)

Or is this Appy having a side-swipe at a club spending more than he thinks they can afford because they could outbid poor old Pompey...?

Anyway, since when did a player being out of Pompey's price range ever stop them?

Shame, because I'm certain he'd have preferred to have gone to Pompey than the high flying MK Dons. They've hardly got the bestest fans in the world up there, have they?

Edited by trousers

So a skate says we're not as obsessed as them.... by looking at our forum :facepalm:

All it proves is that there's noone over the age of about 10 on POL. Any skate who's been supporting them any longer would be well aware of their freaky obsession with the "scummahs" from about the early/mid 60s once we become top dogs on the south coast. The fact that we gave them little or no attention for the next 40 years really f*cked with their heads and made them real bitter. Bitterly obsessed.

We've had the opportunity to turn the tables for a few years but, it must be said, more a tongue-in-cheek p*ss-take for most.

A high debt/equity ratio generally means that a company has been aggressive in financing its growth with debt. This can result in volatile

earnings as a result of the additional interest expense.

If a lot of debt is used to finance increased operations (high debt to equity), the company could potentially generate more earnings than

it would have without this outside financing. If this were to increase earnings by a greater amount than the debt cost (interest), then

the shareholders benefit as more earnings are being spread among the same amount of shareholders. However, the cost of this debt financing

may outweigh the return that the company generates on the debt through investment and business activities and become too much for the

company to handle. This can lead to bankruptcy, which would leave shareholders with nothing.

The debt/equity ratio also depends on the industry in which the company operates. For example, capital-intensive industries such as auto

manufacturing tend to have a debt/equity ratio above 2, while personal computer companies have a debt/equity of under 0.5.

Read more: http://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/debtequityratio.asp#ixzz28PM1aZqS

I will be worried when on sub 20 000 crowds we don't pay tax and rip off charities in order to facilitate our signing:

Hart (read James)

Terry (read Campbell)

Baines (read Johnson)

Defoe (read Defoe)

Etc, etc, etc.

You forget that those players wanted to play for pompey and the bestest fans and not for the 100k+ wages (Sol Campbell?)

Hart (read James)

Terry (read Campbell)

Baines (read Johnson)

Defoe (read Defoe)

Etc, etc, etc.

We'd need to sign a 40 yrd old Nigerian too. Where's Yakubu these days?

Now you've infiltrated that with some intellectual explanation it's gonna shut the buffoons up again for a few weeks.

"Weeks" - you're not worried about that really, are you? When has rationality and evidence ever had any impact over there? O.K. - I'll give you Corp, who has been silent here for ages, but he was an exceptional example even for Pompey standards, and even he must look back at his old posts and say to himself.."That was some fantastic trolling". Kept us amused though...

@pn_jordan_cross: In The News tomorrow, Appy's blunt message to the league, l

Can we have a prediction poll:

"We're ****ed"

"It's not fair"

"It's your fault"

"Let me have more players (we can't afford)"

"Why can't we defer wages?

"It's not a level playing field"

Any other suggestions?

Can we have a prediction poll:

"We're ****ed"

"It's not fair"

"It's your fault"

"Let me have more players (we can't afford)"

"Why can't we defer wages?

"It's not a level playing field"

Any other suggestions?

Pretty much all of those....

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/appy-pompey-denied-in-bid-to-scrap-crewe-visit-1-4335915

Michael Appleton has hit out at the Football League after a request to postpone next week’s Crewe match was rebuffed.

The Railwaymen visit Fratton Park on Saturday, October 13.

However, the Blues could be without Lubomir Michalik and Mustapha Dumbuya due to international duty.

Michalik is on standby for Slovakia, while Dumbuya has been named in Sierra Leone’s squad.

A match can be postponed if three players from a club are away representing their country.

But Appleton argues the fact Pompey are only allowed a 20-man squad should be taken into consideration.

In addition, Josh Thompson (ankle) and Darel Russell (hamstring) remain on the sidelines.

But on Wednesday the Blues’ approach to the Football League was declined.

He said: ‘One day, further down the line, I will have my day with the Football League.:lol:

‘We have a possible scenario where we lose Lubo and Muzzy for the Crewe game through internationals.

‘But the Football League are not prepared to do anything.

‘Lubo, at the minute, is on standby.

‘The problem is you are in no-man’s land.

‘We might not find out until Thursday.

‘If you have a squad of as many players as you want, most teams have 28 to 30 or at least 25.

‘Then, if three are missing, the game is called off because it is crucial.

‘What if I have only got 20 players and two of them are missing and both defenders?

At some point surely the integrity of the game and the competition has to come into play. :lol:

‘It’s difficult enough for any squad to lose three players but I would like to see the percentage of how big their squad is compared to ours missing two players.’

That's made my day that has. Someone at Pompey having the gall to bang on about integrity and fair play....maybe if you weren't trying to cheat in League One by fielding internationals in your team then you wouldn't have the 'problem' in the first place.... :facepalm:

piperpirate

10:40 AM on 05/10/2012

Good one Appy - I love the "One day, further down the line, I will have my day with the Football League". Brilliant.

Of course he should complain - he's being punished for the actions of others. And one of those others is actually being considered by the Football League as a suitable person to take over the club again. That shows what a cheap, nasty and weak organisation they are - they only punish those that can't fight back - the fans, the managers and the players. Gutless FL.

:facepalm: Edited by trousers

What if I have only got 20 players and two of them are missing and both defenders?

At some point surely the integrity of the game and the competition has to come into play. :lol:

I bet he flinched in anticipation of a thunderbolt from on high as he said that. defo would have had both fingers crossed behind his back as well.

I wonder if he nicked that quote from on here .... after all it's basically what we have all been thinking/hoping since the start of this epic thread!!

WAC he really is.

Hart (read James)

Terry (read Campbell)

Baines (read Johnson)

Defoe (read Defoe)

Etc, etc, etc.

haha, good one Centurian.

From one of the Phew

So far we have them loaning from the BVI

Work stopped on their TG

And today all Programme Sellers sacked.

All happening within a short space of time.........

We can all make of it what we will, my take is the Liebherrs have shut the revenue streams and are about to bin them.

Is that the sound of clutching straws on Myth Island.

@Lord_Palmerston: You've got to love Cortese. Constant source of entertainment. Makes Mandaric look positively stable. Poor old Saints!

@SOSPompey: @Lord_Palmerston just think, they're under his full control. Well, apart from the fixed and floating charge on all assets of course.

:facepalm:

Edited by trousers

Christ, they're absolutely desperate for some deflection from their own circus act down there, aren't they?

:lol::lol:

And please don't tell me that SOSPompey is the actual SOS Pompey? I can't believe it would be tha actual SOS Pompey, surely? Because that would reflect pretty poorly on the sheer unprofessional nature of the happy band of renegades they have down there trying to "save" their own club.

Edited by The Kraken

Christ, they're absolutely desperate for some deflection from their own circus act down there, aren't they?

:lol::lol:

And please don't tell me that SOSPompey is the actual SOS Pompey? I can't believe it would be tha actual SOS Pompey, surely? Because that would reflect pretty poorly on the sheer unprofessional nature of the happy band of renegades they have down there trying to "save" their own club.

They lost all sense of credibility and professionalism when they only managed to get 6 (six) of their members to turn up and beg the plucky heroes to leave.

As for how much we are borrowing, we know it's not more than 16 million (So reasonably small amount) as it is only secured against one years season ticket / parachute payment)

Season ticket revenue will be around £12m and next season the TV money is over £22m so it could be quite a bit more than £16m.

Season ticket revenue will be around £12m and next season the TV money is over £22m so it could be quite a bit more than £16m.

They will only work on guranteed income. Next years TV money is not guaranteed, but the parachute payments would be if relegated, which is 16 million, but even so would probably work of the lower figure of season ticket revenue.

The loan will be somewhere between 10 and 15 million and as some have already pointed out; That's very close to Gaston's fee.

They will only work on guranteed income. Next years TV money is not guaranteed, but the parachute payments would be if relegated, which is 16 million, but even so would probably work of the lower figure of season ticket revenue.

The loan will be somewhere between 10 and 15 million and as some have already pointed out; That's very close to Gaston's fee.

so it could not be both ST and TV money then?

Dear Trousers

Sorry. I was so excited this morning, a mate called me and offered me a Round the World Cruise free as long as I took the beer.

Turned out it only took 6 hours, luckily I fell asleep just before the North West Passage to the UK and woke up in Munich. No, I don't understand that either, but Oktoberfest was fun.

After I work that out I will try and re evaluate my rant this morning into more Golf related terms.

All I can say at the moment is that POL seem to have a double bogey going on.

God Bless Weissbier

We can all make of it what we will, my take is the Liebherrs have shut the revenue streams and are about to bin them.

What would they know about revenue streams? I presume they had them when they were getting 20k crowds and TV money, but if so they don't seem to have much to show for it. £190m in debt would suggest debt streams...

Old Apppy hey... it would be funny...no seriously it would if it was not so pathetic. Its why so many of teh skates believe in their victim status, because this clown in a tracksuit believes it to... I see those faster at the keyboard than me have already pointed out the obvious, that a typical well run L1 club, keeping a stringent eye on books, forego the idea of unfairly gaining a competitve advantage and dont sign internationals... on whatever wages they may be on on either short or long term contracts... but when did this sort of logc ever resonate with those down the M27?

Now all clubs have fans that are maybe challenged a little in the brain department, and finance can be a complex business in football, but down the road, if their web warriors are truely representative of the local neuron count, living there must be akin to that film... cant remmeber the name but where the guy wakes up and everyone is thick as ****... They dont even realise that the Liebherrs were not 'bankrolling us' in the first place - they bought us and subequently also provided the extra investment for promotion that Markus had merely put aside - nor do they appreciate that teh most likely reason for why the 33 mil was only converted to equity last year, is because Markus' money was going through probate... but never mind...now they clutch at straws that we are getting into debt... is it really that difficult for tehm to grasp the quite obvious differences...

But back to Appy, he is good for laugh... fits right in, as they say in the country of the blind, the one eyed man is king.. or in the country of the stupid the man who has two brain cells .... Do you think they could raise a few quid by selling the TV rights for when Appy has his 'day' with the FL?, Does he believe his rantings wil endear him to the folk that matter? Not the fans by the way, but the FL? Appy mate, a word of advice -keep your gob shut and stop whinging - my 7 year old daughter used to cry everytime she could not have what she wanted - but has grown out of that now, realizing it gets you nothing but annoying those you are trying to influence...

As has been said by someone on every page almost since the start of this thread... the biggest laugh comes form their constant wanting it both ways... its all the owners fault...bt we wont admit it gave us a trophy.... the biggest annnoyance from their belief they have some right to be more competitive than others who live within their means (truely shows the ignorance and stupidity of Appy and his fans), the biggest tragedy that whatever happens, 100mil of debt will be written off... and tehy will carry on as before, believing they are above the rules...

I have sent the next batch of ten questions to Tavistock and hopefully I will be able to bring you some answers to those on Sunday.

It's great that this guy has put these questions together, but there comes a time when really you should just give up.

So far he's sent 54 questions to Portpin via their PR company and he's received 54 'no comment' responses! It's a given that the next 46 questions will also be met with the same no comment answer, so what is he trying to prove now? We get it, Portpin aren't bothering to answer any questions. Stop making yourself look like an even bigger bell end by sending the questions 10 at a time! Just send the whole lot next time and get the whole lot not answered!

It's great that this guy has put these questions together, but there comes a time when really you should just give up.

So far he's sent 54 questions to Portpin via their PR company and he's received 54 'no comment' responses! It's a given that the next 46 questions will also be met with the same no comment answer, so what is he trying to prove now? We get it, Portpin aren't bothering to answer any questions. Stop making yourself look like an even bigger bell end by sending the questions 10 at a time! Just send the whole lot next time and get the whole lot not answered!

At least he is trying.

Wonder what the response would be if WE pulled the top 50 moans from the main board and sent them to Sibley/Cortese?

Wonder what the response would be if WE pulled the top 50 moans from the main board and sent them to Sibley/Cortese?

1. We've heard there is temporary pause in the spiffy new Staplewood build and are convinced the sky is about to fall

2. We were worried about no new players but are now worried we didn't have all the cash up front for the players we wanted and are convinced the sky is about to fall

3. Adkins got us back to back promotions, but now we've lost to Man City and Man U we are worried he is crap and the sky is about to fall etc etc...

Edited by buctootim

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})