Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

@pn_neil_allen: What a 'super' win for #Pompey. Witnessed by staggering 1,297 travelling fans among Huish Park crowd of 4,769.

These results are totally insignificant in the larger picture. Would make no difference if they were 1st or 24th...

So I think there's a very dangerous risk that Birch is still operating on the original £4K per player per week budget, and is using the parachute payment received in September to fund this (and PKF's ever increasing bills, of course). When the club moves into the hands of new owners, there may be sme very difficult decisions to be taken regarding the level of the playing staff budget.

Well, if (as expected) Chinny* takes over, I somehow don't think he will find a decision on the playing staff budget difficult. :D

* And I think he's in a bit of a hurry now, since Tricky Trev is burning through his cash faster than Avram does at Fufu's.

to be fair 1200 away fans is a good turnout. I assume BC is happy that they stay in admin and burn the cash that the trust need to fund their bid. Yes Bc may want that but the less money the trust have the weaker their bid is.

By the way, Pompey are getting away with it

to be fair 1200 away fans is a good turnout. I assume BC is happy that they stay in admin and burn the cash that the trust need to fund their bid. Yes Bc may want that but the less money the trust have the weaker their bid is.

double relegation and bottom of League 1? How much further do they have to drop before they have paid a price?

When they come out of admin their player problems will begin.

All of them will want some sort of security and are only playing on month to month contracts because of the usual pompey promises of something better later (we all know what a pompey promise is worth)

It's easy to give Howard £4k a week when they only have to commit to one month at a time. Come out of admin and he'll expect his 2 year contract (worth £400k) along with the other 19 players, then the sh1t will hit the fan. Don't think BC or the trust's budget will stretch to £8m.

BC won't throw good money after bad and no bank is going to give the trust an overdraft so they can spend beyond their means on players.

.....I can't wait

:)

I wonder if BC will continue to only offer one month contracts. Saves paying players for that long summer period for starters. It's not as though the players actually have a better offer elsewhere. If they did they'd be there.

stop it...you are getting tedius with the getting away with it.........as they clearly are not

double relegation and bottom of League 1? How much further do they have to drop before they have paid a price?

That's the problem

They HAVE NOT paid a price

They did not "pay" the circa £140 MILLION first time round

They did not "pay" the circa £60 MILLION second time round

They have never grasped the meaning of the word "PAY"

The Football Authorities have allowed THEM to get away with avoiding the payment of astronomical amounts of MONEY, something which those same Football Authorities crucified other so called "lesser" teams for pittances by comparison

Within a very short space of time, they will be entering Admin (again) to write off yet more unpaid MILLIONS

Now, if the other 91 Clubs cottoned on to the fact that it was that easy to have your debts written off in the same way, then PERHAPS the Football Authorities may start to live in the real world

Bottom of league one? They were 14th when I last checked, admittedly they have the points deduction to come but until this is actioned they are still 14th.

Ian

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

At the moment, if you look at things out of context, yep, there is an element of that this season - i.e. they are fielding players that others in the same league can't afford. But, looking at the bigger picture, they are not in a desireable position whatever the outcome.

As many of us have suggested previously, the "not getting away with it" scenario (i.e. liquidation) would actually be better for them longer term. As such, the "getting away with it" scenario offers much more false hope (for them) and entertainment (for us) going forward.

In summary, my vote goes for them "getting away with it" every time...

Indeed....Nick is suggesting that a prosecuted burgler who gets community service has "got away with" the crime over a burgler who gets 5 years in prison.

Ok, so one punishment is tougher than the other but you couldn't legitimately say that either burgler "got away with it". They were both caught and both punished.

I guess in Nick's view of life the only way either burgler wouldn't have "got away with it" is if they were executed :)

It is a joke that they're allowed to bring in these players though to be fair. What other L1 clubs would sign players like Buszaky and Brian Howard. They should be left to pick up the dregs that noone else wants not outbit fellow teams.

They're filming a remake of this 1961 classic....

carryonregardlessonesheet.jpg

A burglar??

The theft of £200M wasn't a petty burglary, it was a calculated and ruthless armed raid in which bystanders, taxpayers, and kids in wheelchairs were gunned down.

And as usual this particular bunch of criminals and their accomplices won't accept ANY blame.

No doubt it's the fault of the police for failing to stop them, and the people who made the sawn-off shotguns.

As for the outbidding of teams a division higher who are not in admin - it's become a disease.

The only way I can see it stopping is when the PPs are actually gone.

They are just spending tomorrow's money today, and hoping the football creditors just fade away - tis the road to Admin IV, or is it V?

And call me cynical but I don't believe the club's claim that they are not paying much.

Mainly because they have been proved to have lied on every previous occasion on the subject.

The managers and directors change but the policy continues.

I await the next accounts, then we'll see who is playing for peanuts.

Birch might suggest that outbidding other clubs is part of an effort to make the business look more attractive.

It hasn't worked.

You need to be top of the table to fool people, not in the bottom half with an unsustainable business model.

Come on Birch, announce new owners and let them clear out the playing staff - it's Chinny Time!

they were never going to be sent out of existence......they are, screwed for generations
only time will tell on that one. If they had not cheated they would never have been in the PL in the first place. I dont believe myself that things were fine when they first came out of admin with MM.

Chez, if you say that relegation from the PL and then the CCC is punishment that fits the crime then that society is very screwed.

If you canvassed every clubs fans apart from the top 6 of the PL and gave them the chance of 4-5 visits to Wembley, winning the FA cup, playing in europe with a team of all stars, watching top players week in week out. Then after relegation having a team that could compete every game and even then when you are relegated again and potless you not only survive but also have a team that can compete to a standard that could even get into the play-offs. I suggest at least 80% would take it.

If you added an extra question that if it meant the club going out of existence i suspect that would drop to 30-40%.

Dont forget Pompey had been in the depths of the leagues for generations before the circus came to town and none would have expected the ride they have had for the last 15 years. They have won the lottery and have experiences that my kids are not likely to have gained. iam lucky and seen my club play and win the cup final etc etc and would love my kids to have the same

If th

I really enjoy these crime freds....:rolleyes:

Just so you know where I stand on this debate...:)

All Burglars should be hanged or at least shot up the AAArse as they make their escape from any premises:p

Pompey thieves should be shot at dawn:D

Being shot up the arse is too good for them.

Hourly enemas for 25 years would be more fitting

I really enjoy these crime freds....:rolleyes:

Just so you know where I stand on this debate...:)

All Burglars should be hanged or at least shot up the AAArse as they make their escape from any premises:p

Pompey thieves should be shot at dawn:D

Would make a shocking mess!

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm actually gettting a bit bored with this now. Nothing is happening!

What on earth are PKF doing now? Is Birch still around? When will they announce a preferred bidder, or liquidate, or whatever the next step is?

I feel a bit like a child waiting to open his Christmas presents, who keeps being told 'not yet'.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm actually gettting a bit bored with this now. Nothing is happening!

What on earth are PKF doing now? Is Birch still around? When will they announce a preferred bidder, or liquidate, or whatever the next step is?

I feel a bit like a child waiting to open his Christmas presents, who keeps being told 'not yet'.

Although the outward appearance is that nothing is happening, they are currently between a rock and a hard place. It is effectively a Mexican standoff between Chainrai, the Skate Trust and Birch.

Whichever way that the situation is resolved, it will involve the club with so much pain further down the road and so much continuing fun for us, that it would be better for them to give up on Portsmouth Football Club and start again at the lowest level. The downside is that many like Westwood would have to make alterations to their name or their tattoos, but for the hardcore fans, they will have their club back, unencumbered by the leeches and parasites who have bled it dry.

In my opinion, instead of paying their hard-earned cash into pledges to keep the club afloat in the extremely unlikely event that the Trust could gain control, they would be far better off organising mass boycotts of the home matches until they have forced Chinny out of the reckoning.

Yes, giving away free tickets to a stadium that is only 70% or so of capacity is 'spending' £30k.

Indeed. So, let's get this right... Before the initiative starts Pompey have the £30k in the bank and afterwards they have...erm...the £30k still in the bank. Or am I missing something obvious...?

Indeed. So, let's get this right... Before the initiative starts Pompey have the £30k in the bank and afterwards they have...erm...the £30k still in the bank. Or am I missing something obvious...?

If anything they'll make money from extra program, merchandise and food/drink sales.

More than 2,500 young fans can watch Pompey for free.

Tickets will be distributed to local schools after Blues supporters won last season’s npower Fanpower Stadium competition.

Crikey - even Jimmy Saville didn't stoop that low.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/602178785?-11209

Who mentioned about the 30k win for the super fans a few days ago, well here is your answer

So they give away, by my calculations, 2420 tickets that wouldn't have been sold anyway. How exactly is that giving the fans the £30000? Seems to me it just goes into the bottomless pit. And even if you allow the lost revenue, it's accounting at £12.50 a ticket, which is a bit steep given most are Junior tickets and they are only a rather poor League 1 club in a sh!t stadium.

Cheats.

Only that the £30K isn't likely to be in the bank any more... :)

So they give away, by my calculations, 2420 tickets that wouldn't have been sold anyway. How exactly is that giving the fans the £30000? Seems to me it just goes into the bottomless pit. And even if you allow the lost revenue, it's accounting at £12.50 a ticket, which is a bit steep given most are Junior tickets and they are only a rather poor League 1 club in a sh!t stadium.Cheats.
So attendance should be 2420 higher than the last game. (Plus however many adults are needed to look after them)Unless even people given tickets for free don't want to go...? Nah... Surely not...

Well actually, you have to go back a step earlier than that. Before all this started PFC had £0 in the bank, then they were given £30k to use for the benefit of their fans and had £30k in the bank. Now they will allow people who otherwise would not have gone to Fratton (ie not theirfans) to go, at no cost to the club, and will end up with £30k in the bank (plus a few bob from selling programmes and food etc) , which they can spend on things which are still not to the benefit of their fans, such as PKF's fees for 3 or 4 days.

It all makes perfect sense.

So attendance should be 2420 higher than the last game. (Plus however many adults are needed to look after them)Unless even people given tickets for free don't want to go...? Nah... Surely not...

No, they are giving 14 lots of 12 tickets (2 adult and 10 kids) away for each of their 15 Saturday 3.00pm kick-offs remaining for the season.

So only an extra 168 per (Saturday, home) match.

If anything they'll make money from extra program, merchandise and food/drink sales.

Don't forget the thick Skate fans bring circa £300m to the local economy on matchdays. The PST said it was true so it must be.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})