Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Serious question --- what do you think Birch and his PKF pals are doing? Isn't it very odd that they have not yet declared a preferred bidder? And I see Neil Allen is saying they are not answering calls etc.

When will something be announced?

My pet PST skate fears that it is all heading towards a Portpin / TB fait accompli "immanently".

Some snippets from Poopey Online

I can only see this ending badly. Can anyone else see things getting pretty nasty? I can see it. I won't be going into Fratton Park all the time Ballbag is there (Should he take over). I have ignored the calls to boycott from the ever increasing amount of stay aways for the last few years, this would be one step to far even for me. This is gonna split families down the middle, I have a wife who is also a season ticket holder and whilst she is not happy about Ballbag, she will "Support her team". I cant do that, it's tantamount to watching something I love being kicked to death in the gutter and just gently stroking its head whilst it passes away.

I just can't do that. I will lose my Season Ticket money cos no way Portpin will refund it, but I will stand outside Fratton Park trying to dissuade my fellow fans from propping up Ballbags final rapings of the club we all love. However as I may not be able to convince my wife this is the best plan of action, I doubt I could persuade anyone else? This is gonna get nasty between the fans and will make things difficult for a rebirth when we finally do get rid of Portpin. So sad. Thoughts anyone?

:lol: If they were truly the bestest, they'd turn up and support their team. Although they want to harm Portpin, they'll be hurting the local pubs, food outlets etc, once again killing local businesses.

I think we should call them the worstest.

its not a civil war its a revolution.

Good luck with that one :lol: :facepalm:

Neil Allen ‏@pn_neil_allen

Off to the #Pompey Trust AGM tonight. If any of you are there come and introduce yourselves. Although have to shoot off after to play footy!

1h Sj Maskell ‏@SjMaskell

@pn_neil_allen Getting excuses in early eh? :-)

1h Neil Allen ‏@pn_neil_allen

@SjMaskell Can't be there too long otherwise I'll get brandished biased!!!

Neil Allen is if course well known for his impartiality... :facepalm:

Let's be frank here - bears do sh!t behind trees, Glitter is a paedo, and Chinny is going nowhere without that PP money.

The ones who might suffer are those businesses that pocket £13M at every home game - those burger vans and pubs could be heading for a slight cashflow issue.

It's as predictable as a plucky News press release - The Chinster will retake control, and their already paltry fanbase will split like a Horton Heath prossie.

I can see them having home gates of 6K and less before Christmas, and the sensible ones will be the passionate 246,000 bestest who stay away and refuse to tuck any more cash into criminals' Y-fronts.

Yes, that admirable boycott will be approx ten years too late, and as hollow a gesture as Lampitt presenting a charity cheque, or Avram taking service station flowers home, but...... IMO the idiots will be the 6K who continue to fund criminals.

So a free bit of advice offered in good spirit to fellow football fans - the only way you hurt a loan shark/arms dealer/organised crime syndicate is in the pocket - they care about nothing el$e.

Starve the feckers out of your club, even if it means liquidation.

Slightly too late I know but there is a lot to be said for death before dishonour.

The war of words has started, now back it up - whoever the club is, I say power to the fanbase!

However small, annoying, deluded and pikey it may be.

We are right beside you brothers and sisters!

Well not that close obviously as you fricking stink, but we'll be there in spirit if you chase the criminals out and return with a clean and legally-run phoenix club that competes on a level playing field.

Some snippets from Poopey Online

:lol: If they were truly the bestest, they'd turn up and support their team. Although they want to harm Portpin, they'll be hurting the local pubs, food outlets etc, once again killing local businesses.

I think we should call them the worstest.

Good luck with that one :lol: :facepalm:

Having gone through something very similar at Crawley I can actually fully understand the point of view of the fish quoted

I cant help but feel that Chinney is watching all of this thinking 'The plan is falling into place perfectly. The inbreds are behaving exactly as I had hoped so I will be forced into pulling the plug after I pocket my PP money'.

It looks like if Chinney takes over and the boycott follows this could be one piece of action that the Pompey fans proove to be successfull at!!

Nabil Hassan@NabilHassan79

#Pompey Supporters' Trust have finally accepted they are not PKF's 'preferred bidder'. Only Football League can save them and stop Portpin.

And the POL natives aren't best pleased....

If this goes through then its a death knell for not just PFc but for potential fan based clubs the country over. The FL are going to have to live with this decision & if in say two years we are proved right then I hope the journo's who have followed this like David Conn can remind them (FL) of what was said to them by Pompey fans & whats come home to roost.

Disgraceful if they allow it. Beggars belief.

****. ******* ******* ******* ****. Football ******* league, what chance have we got, **** off Portpin, **** off PFK, **** off Football League spineless *****.

Apologies for the swearing, but, really, ****.

The football authorities in this country are not fit to govern the sport. Simple. They are spineless and scared. Scared of a fan owned club being succesful.

Shame on them!

But the Trust aren't giving up just yet...

It's really not over people. We're 2-1 down with 5 minutes to go.

Top 20

trousers Posts 2,290

dubai_phil Posts 2,096

pedg Posts 1,655

OldNick Posts 1,421

rallyboy Posts 1,318

Gemmel Posts 1,237

Channon's Sideburns Posts 1,163

Gingeletiss Posts 1,149

View From The Top Posts 1,020

Crab Lungs Posts 956

EastleighSoulBoy Posts 933

Dark Munster Posts 890

sidthesquid Posts 876

Matthew Le God Posts 869

JackFrost Posts 821

hypochondriac Posts 801

hutch Posts 793

stevegrant Posts 783

bridge too far Posts 774

benjii Posts 746

Disappointed that I was on 434 posts with a skate....I need to get one more post to cleanse myself

It's really not over people. We're 2-1 down with 5 minutes to go.

But what they're forgetting is that Chainrai can move the goalposts when and where he can.

I noticed the news stand outside the local corner shops round here have the headline "Appleton admired by rival managers" on them.

God knows what their on about. "Admired" because he's done such a poor job and Pompey can't afford to get rid of him?

But what they're forgetting is that Chainrai can move the goalposts when and where he can.

I noticed the news stand outside the local corner shops round here have the headline "Appleton admired by rival managers" on them.

God knows what their on about. "Admired" because he's done such a poor job and Pompey can't afford to get rid of him?

The problem appleton has got, is these other managers are patting him on the back with one hand and then walking away with the three points with the other

Edited by Gemmel

I wonder how many "Why did the FL not let chainrai take over, its an outrage" posts there will be if the FL stop chinny and Trev decided the trust bid is not enough and liquidates them?

100% of those currently berating the FL for the opposite reason. Guaranteed.

Yes, that admirable boycott will be approx ten years too late, and as hollow a gesture as Lampitt presenting a charity cheque, or Avram taking service station flowers home, but...... IMO the idiots will be the 6K who continue to fund criminals.

We are right beside you brothers and sisters!

Well not that close obviously as you fricking stink, but we'll be there in spirit if you chase the criminals out and return with a clean and legally-run phoenix club that competes on a level playing field.

:adore: :lol:

I have read every page too . I propose there should be an examination based on the contents of this thread , or perhaps a future Mastermind contestant may use The PTS as their topic , or even a Quiz Night could be held based on the thread with any profits made going to any of the charities who are still owed money by Pimpey

I have read every page too . I propose there should be an examination based on the contents of this thread , or perhaps a future Mastermind contestant may use The PTS as their topic , or even a Quiz Night could be held based on the thread with any profits made going to any of the charities who are still owed money by Pimpey

Which, somewhat tangentially, reminds me... Whatever happened to that £30,000 the fans won in the summer. Was supposed to supply schools with 'free' tickets wasn't it? Seems odd that we haven't seen any news stories on this wonderful gesture since (unless I missed it)...

If they really are driving towards a fan based and owned club model then Portpin taking over could be the best news for them. With the pledges in place, public support and a displaced fan base to hoover up there is absolutely no reason why they cannot start "afc portsmouth" a la mancs model. The pledge money that remains in place could make them a heavy weight in what ever division they start in and we have seen (not just from us) how far goodwill and a winning mindset can take you in football.

In short - stop whinging and get on with it. You could benefit within 10 years by displacing the Portpin owned club.

@TheRealSulaiman: Protpin refused selling its secured credit at our new offer of £5m. Now we are analyzing the feasibility of accepting their offer

@cfpfc1978: @TheRealSulaiman whats their offer?

@TheRealSulaiman: @cfpfc1978 £17m over 5 years payment plan

Edited by trousers

Me too, but it shows me I'm getting old as I forget so much of it. A few diagrammatic representations, timelines, flowcharts, the ownership model reduced to 3rd normal form, and a list of balance sheets by date would all help.. But instinct and common-sense has for a long time told me they're shafted. Meeting AA when I popped into the High Courts on a day out in London a couple of years ago confirmed that the dramatis personae in this drama are all.... people I wouldn't want to be friends with...

If they really are driving towards a fan based and owned club model then Portpin taking over could be the best news for them. With the pledges in place, public support and a displaced fan base to hoover up there is absolutely no reason why they cannot start "afc portsmouth" a la mancs model. The pledge money that remains in place could make them a heavy weight in what ever division they start in and we have seen (not just from us) how far goodwill and a winning mindset can take you in football.

In short - stop whinging and get on with it. You could benefit within 10 years by displacing the Portpin owned club.

Exactly - but they won't - because they want to cling onto the 'glories' of the old club and they feel that setting up a new club will somehow be disloyal to the old club.

Surely 'the club' is the fans (and the bestest fans in the world in this case) so surely a new club with the old fans is better than the old club with old owners and a percentage of fans boycotting?

To my mind, setting up a new club and the fans migrating over to that is probably the most loyal thing they could do right now.

Edited by trousers

Chanrai is trying to sell them a rusting 1986 mot-failing Montego with 300K mileage, for £175,000.

Imagine the club being able to generate the best part of £4M a year in spare cash. :o

Ridiculous.

Why is Fahim even considering that offer?

More likely to see John Terry doing a remake of Ebony and Ivory with Malcolm X.

Exactly - but they won't - because they want to cling onto the 'glories' of the old club and they feel that setting up a new club will somehow be disloyal to the old club.

Surely 'the club' is the fans (and the bestest fans in the world in this case) so surely a new club with the old fans is better than the old club with old owners?

1502 pages.

2500+ posts

It must be really early in the morning still, 'cos Trousers is STILL trying to use logic on this thread....

In other news, I am told the 1,500th page party went very well.

Good grief ! We'd never raise that much!

Chanrai is trying to sell them a rusting 1986 mot-failing Montego with 300K mileage, for £175,000.

Imagine the club being able to generate the best part of £4M a year in spare cash. :o

Ridiculous.

Why is Fahim even considering that offer?

More likely to see John Terry doing a remake of Ebony and Ivory with Malcolm X.

Fahim is their equivalent of Micky Fialka. He can 'consider' till the cows come home. He still hasn't got any money. (Mind you that isn't stopping the trust tbf)

From the link posted by Trousers was this quote about the Trust teaming up Portpin:

‘We would potentially be looking at a two per cent stake in the club for £2m. It would be a waste of supporters’ money because we would have very little power over the club.’

So Portpin values the club at £100m???

Looking at the TheSnooze article Trousers pointed out, there are a few intelligent comments under the line, but not many. What there is is a more general realisation (at last) that Chanrai is in it for himself and the PP. A few comments on the professionalism of the PTS (e.g. beers on the top table at the meeting..) and some unrealistic assessments of what the Trust could do - of the Saturday morning kids films/comics type "with one bound he was free"..

From the link posted by Trousers was this quote about the Trust teaming up Portpin:

‘We would potentially be looking at a two per cent stake in the club for £2m. It would be a waste of supporters’ money because we would have very little power over the club.’

So Portpin values the club at £100m???

0.jpg

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})