Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

But he wouldn't dissappear would he? he'd be the same irritating crap stirring, Julias Streicher-wannabe that he always has been....but now with a club with money and in the top flight giving him a platform for his vile, one-sided rants.

it wil be interesting to see how he tries to mend his relationship with chainrai after portpin take over. He has rather stuck his neck out lately. Will the News want to keep employing a reporter who is not allowed anywhere near the club?

And for example that idiot Corp Ho (banker on POL) denied vehemently that Sol Cambell was being paid as much as £100k a week ,and it turned out he was actually on £120k. Why else would an England centre half sign for such a small club? But where was the worried noise from the pompey fans? As for the hero worship over Mandaric, when he was the one who reneged on his ground improvement promises and sold them for a fat profit to the first of the blindingly obviously dodgy owners, I just don't understand it. He is the one who is most to blame in many respects.
I had forgotten that one lol. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this about MM.

As for Ho's quotes the best were on Saints Forever but I assume they have been lost. All those days when they were signing players on massive wages and he was arguing that they could afford it out of Tv revenues.

I had forgotten that one lol. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this about MM.

As for Ho's quotes the best were on Saints Forever but I assume they have been lost. All those days when they were signing players on massive wages and he was arguing that they could afford it out of Tv revenues.

His stock argument was "Sky money". He's a fuc.kwit.

[TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:04

[/TD]

[TD=class: chatmsgtext viewer_text, bgcolor: #FFFFFF][TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Rob Stevenson

HI Neil, to cut a long story sort...any news from PKF today? [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:06

[/TD]

[TD=class: chatmsgtext altcaster_text, bgcolor: #FFFFFF][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]phpcnIMl1neil_allen_150.jpg[/TD]

[TD]Neil:

As mentioned by the paper since Monday, Portpin are heading for control of the club once again.

Matt Slater from the BBC today also voiced the same opinion and it appears now a matter of when it is announced.

There has still to be anything official, let me make that absolutely clear.

However, the indications ever since the weekend are it is going to be Portpin. [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Borneo

Is it true Birch originally made PST preferred bidder till Portpin intervened ? [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Pompeymk

Do you believe TB is taking so long with making a decision is because he is looking at other bids more seriously as both the Trust bid and BC bids are not the best offer on the table [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:08

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD]Neil:

Plenty of rumours flying around about the alleged sidelining of Birch and the behaviour of PKF this week has been curious.

They have been excellent to deal with all along, approachable, helpful and very, very transparent.

Suddenly calls are not being returned, lips have been buttoned, communications are being carried out via e-mail and we are hearing 'no comment' when asking about the latest situation.

Clearly things are going on at both PKF and in the preferred bidder process.

But, in a nutshell, PKF have in media terms gone completely to ground. [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=width: 578]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:15

[/TD]

[TD=class: chatmsgtext viewer_text][TABLE=width: 506]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Ben

Neil: concerned that we have decided against signing a striker until January that is playing for a PL club, but will sign an unwanted League 1 player? Also in relation to Thorne and Allan, surely we wouldn't have been paying much more last year than our budget currently allows?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Ok, who's Ben?

I had a chat with Antony Fanshawe yesterday. A great guy with a wicked sense of humour. He has already warned the Pompey trust to decide "when to draw a line under things". He still thinks that Birch is more interested in liquidation, as he then gets to bleed the £3M in parachute payments instead of Chanrai getting his mitts on it. The trust has had zero help from anyone and he had nothing but contempt for the way they have been treated by the Premier League, with regard to the parachute payments, post a potential liquidation, and the Football League, who are just a collection of clueless old farts, according to him. Good luck to the trust, but they should respect the advice they are getting from Antony. He's a clever guy and I think now is the time for them to get the hell out....

Nice to have confirmation from an expert. A shame that the PST have lost sight of the objective it had at the very start - club survival.

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:55

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Portsdown Phil

Neil - i'll use the Tiger approach and ask again - is liquidation still an option? [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:56

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD]Neil:

No. All along there has been at least one bid on the table, mostly two.

Even now there are other bids, although they have come too late.

No administrator will seek liquidation is there are bidders supposedly queuing up.

Pompey will not be liquidated. [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Can someone ask Neil why the Trust have only offered £2.75M for Fortress Fatpipe, when Corp Ho told us it was worth £10M and upwards?

Cost of redeveloping Fratton has been reported as £22m which sounds about right to me. New stadium builds tend to cost around £2m per seat (ie a 30K stadium would cost around £60m) so an increase in capacity of 10,000 for £22m sounds right. Tesco have been reported as willing to pay around 70% of this cost. That would leave Pompey to find around £6.5.

IF (big if) Horsea ever did get the go ahead then you're right, we'd probably get around £10m for the land Fratton stands on. Seems like a decent deal all round.

Well this web chat is a tame affair, are they always like this? I remember one a long time ago when the toast theme was prominent in most of the poster's names and some difficult questions. But this is sh!t.

I think we've all got takeover fatigue. I don't think I could spend more than another 2 years on here if I'm honest.

I only had one success

Comment From Wanda Gershwitz

Neil, it's too easy to focus blame on Chainrai for not paying the small creditors but at the end of the day it was PFC that ripped off those small creditors to begin with not Chainrai.

My failed attempts below;

I've asked using the pseudonym Archie Leach "Neil, when Portpin take over are you worried if you'll keep your job?" - didn't get through

Also, under the name Otto "why don't the PST go for a phoenix club and stop clinging on to the wreck that is Fratton Park and the tainted history?" surprise surprise, never got through either

I asked something under the name Ken Pile too, but I've forgotten what it was...oh dear

The above pseudonyms are all from the film A Fish Called Wanda - appropriate, I thought.

I've posted under the name Team Chainrai "I love Balu and you are all just mean and nasty"

Finally I posted as Admin Andy " I will be seeing you all very very soon x"

The one that I forgot that I have now remembered (possibly due to alzheimers, dementia or a tumour)

Ken Pile "what's happened to Michael Appleton's eyelashes and eyebrows, has he traded them for loo rollls?"

I really should not work from home.

"Excellent point. There are people out there who seem to forget what Chainrai has done to small creditors i.e. not fulfilling his promise. In fact he even went to war with CSI not to pay up.

Having sat in every creditors meeting during both administrations it is disgusting how local people and local businesses continue to be treated."

Niel Jet on final approach course to Reality International Airport?

Just realised that at least Dickens learnt from his time in Portsmouth..... ;)

It's no satisfaction to be done by two men instead of one. One's enough. A person who can't pay, gets another person who can't pay, to guarantee that he can pay - Mr Pancks, the rent collector, squeezes the residents of Bleeding Heart Yard in 'Little Dorrit'

Just realised that at least Dickens learnt from his time in Portsmouth..... ;)

It's no satisfaction to be done by two men instead of one. One's enough. A person who can't pay, gets another person who can't pay, to guaranteethat he can pay - Mr Pancks, the rent collector, squeezes the residents of Bleeding Heart Yard in 'Little Dorrit'

Just to cheer you up Ken, The "Bleeding Heart Yard" is in Farringdon, right across the road from;

PKF Head Office and exactly where old birchy boy is based

FFS I've had the Dagenham Girls Pipers Band & a full on Pains Wessex Fireworks display on standby all day ready to celebrate page 1500.

And it's gonna come up with not even a whimper.

Well, seeing as EoA has returned to these shores complete with a fully recovered Mrs EoA the only thing left is to deliver them all up to Chez Eric for his welcome home party.

Of course, if the girls just turn up unannounced saying they'd been staying there all summer it may be fun watching Eric sail over the Burj later with the fireworks jammed up his.............

The (Blackburn) Rovers Trust is aiming to sign up fans for a £10 annual membership fee, to give the group credibility. The membership push will then be followed by a share-raising plan modelled on the "pledge scheme" first launched by BRSIT this year. That has seen almost £3m pledged by supporters wanting to buy a £1,000 share in a new ownership model.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/sep/25/steve-kean-future-blackburn-worse

Hhmm, £3million quid eh? That doesn't mean Blackburn fans are more bestest are they?

The Pompey Trust have responded to the media wars being engaged at he other end of the M27.

Pompey Supporters' Trust can confirm its bid to buy Portsmouth FC is still live and on the table.

Despite recent speculation that administrators PKF has selected Portpin as preferred bidders for Portsmouth Football Club, the Trust has not been informed of any decision to this effect officially. Moreover, to be successful, Portpin's bid would need to be approved by the Football League.

PST has written to the league to question whether Portpin's bid is eligible under the Football League's own rule book and Owners And Directors' Test guidelines.

PST Chairman Ashley Brown commented: 'Pompey fans have experienced a huge amount of uncertainty in the last ten months. This has been heightened by more speculation in the last 48 hours. We want to update our members and supporters on our position. We want to assure our supporters that we are still ready, willing and able to proceed with the purchase of the club if we are chosen to do so.

"Our bid is sensible, financially sustainable and viable. We firmly believe our bid is the best for the future of the football club, and offers a fair return to all creditors including the small creditors who have still not been paid from the previous period of administration. We believe Portpin is the wrong choice for PFC.

"Let's not forget the actions of Portpin have led to Portsmouth FC suffering two relegations, lose 19 points, with another ten on the cards, and go into administration twice. Local businesses and charities have suffered the consequences of their actions, as well as the players and staff, not to mention the fans.

"Portpin's comments in the media about our bid not being financially viable are simply untrue. Our bid is fully funded and the business plan is robust, both of which have been accepted by the league and PKF. Our forecasts, as they involve new money, are significantly better than Portpin's, which will introduce significant debt from day one. Our proposals also result in the re-uniting of the club and the ground on a debt-free basis.

"We have a united, professional bid team, the support of our local MP and council, and of Pompey fans who have funded our bid. We have a very good bid on the table, and it will stay there until we receive formal notification that another bidder has been selected and approved by the football governing bodies."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/sep/25/steve-kean-future-blackburn-worse

Hhmm, £3million quid eh? That doesn't mean Blackburn fans are more bestest are they?

Not using Pompey Maths ™, because the Blackburn £3m represents 100p in the £ so a grand total of £3m. The PST 2m represents 2p in the £ of 20p in the £ or approximately 50m.

Given this, Pompey = approx 83% more bestest.

Oh dear, there's a thread on POL entitled: Could or Should a Class Lawsuit be raised against the FL?

believe that there could be a call for a judicial review, but I think that would cost many thousands of pounds.

So Pompey maths = a couple of quid?

What if those that pledged agreed, in/through some official capacity, of course, to offer their pledges to contribute to at least ensure that action is taken?

:lol: :lol: :facepalm:

Some more replies

Dependant on the decision, would the fans have cause to enable a lawsuit against the FL for dereliction of duties?

Just wondering if this could be an option?

It seems to me that it is just the mere threat of legal action from Portpin that has PKF and the FL rattled.

The shoe on the other foot, We can also threaten legal action, or at least hint at it as Portpin have, we (the trust) have as much right to do so, and possibly more of a case if Portpin win by 'a threat'.

Put the pressure on, all equal in love and war.

I'm sure the FL will be quaking with even the threat of being sued by the bestest phew

And nutjobs, Fartoniser poses a question. Can anyone answer his query?

One thing I don't understand; whilst I know Portpin are apparently a creditor, what about the rest of them? Why can it not be put to a majority vote of creditors as to which they'd prefer, at least that way if they end up choosing Portpin and they f**k off without paying (which we pretty well suspect they will) then they only have themselves to blame for not making the right choice?

Oh dear, there's a thread on POL entitled: Could or Should a Class Lawsuit be raised against the FL?

Some more replies

I'm sure the FL will be quaking with even the threat of being sued by the bestest phew

The last point is simple. The process was agreed at the last creditors meeting & that process is that they, the creditors, gave TB carte blanc to tie up the best deal for them. It doesn't require another vote.

Dear me. The latest wheeze on POL is trying to get a picture of Levi Kushnir, and post it on their forum so they can add him to the Chainrai witch-hunt.

Notwithstanding the irony of PompeyScot offering to host the picture on his own website (in spite of his hissy fit at the "invasion of privacy" he claimed he underwent); I just hope Scumfinder Frattoniser isn't put onto the case to find Kushnir; he'd probably turn up Lord Lucan before he found the chap he was actually looking for.

Some more replies

The fans can't sue. You have to have a financial interest to take a class action lawsuit. You also have to be in America or one of a few European countries http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class_action it doesn't apply to UK law.

What grounds would it be? Being an owner who refused to fund their pet money pit? You can't sue a club for not applying the rules you want. It's like suing a private members club for having a no-trainers policy, but letting someone in wearing the wrong shoes.

A judicial review is "the doctrine under which legislative and executive actions are subject to review (and possible invalidation) by the judiciary" so that wouldn't apply.

The administrator is appointed by the courts to get the best deal for creditors. The only people who can question his decision in court is a creditor, not a customer of the business. Why would the creditors be qualified to make the decision, why have a dog and bark yourself?

The fans can't sue. You have to have a financial interest to take a class action lawsuit. You also have to be in America or one of a few European countries http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class_action it doesn't apply to UK law.

What grounds would it be? Being an owner who refused to fund their pet money pit? You can't sue a club for not applying the rules you want. It's like suing a private members club for having a no-trainers policy, but letting someone in wearing the wrong shoes.

A judicial review is "the doctrine under which legislative and executive actions are subject to review (and possible invalidation) by the judiciary" so that wouldn't apply.

The administrator is appointed by the courts to get the best deal for creditors. The only people who can question his decision in court is a creditor, not a customer of the business. Why would the creditors be qualified to make the decision, why have a dog and bark yourself?

Can you stop applying logic to the situation please.

This is not the time for rational thought; the locals are clearly clamouring for unsubstantiated and irrational nonsense.

Ah, Corp Ho; that poor, deluded fool. I do love his particular gem of inside information (no doubt from his contact at the club who he saw socially 2 times a week). This was on page 3 of this thread; no wonder we've gotten this far, the lols have been incredible.

Originally Posted by Coporate Ho

Time will tell I guess, but I wouldn't laugh too loudly too soon if I were you. I'm not party to the whole thing but if the rumour about where the money's coming from (and how much of it there is ready to be used on players and improving the club) are true you lot are going to be pig sick.

:lol::lol:

I'm bored sh*tless today, stuck under a blanket with a heavy cold and a lemsip in hand, I think I may have to search out some of Corp's best quotes just to pass the time.....

Ah yes, the classic Corpse quote. That will be in there when the PTS Greatest Hits get released.

In fairness to Corpse though, he would have been spot on if "the club" he was referring to was the Saints, and "you lot" were the phew.

Appy continues to spout nonsense in today's Portsmouth Delusion, apparently Kevin Long will have gained so so much from his 5 Pompey matches as the club is ABSOLUTELY MASSIVE, a big fish in a small pond, and the likes of Rochdale and Accrington Stanley aren't worthy enough to wipe the sh*t from his ar*e.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/pompey-boss-convinced-defender-learned-from-fratton-education-1-4299911

Glad to see they missed out on that 'proven Premier League performer too'... hahaha

Fratbrat

9:22 AM on 26/09/2012

I'm starting to worry for Appy's mental health!

We're actually a medium-sized fish in about the right-sized pond. Based on our hard core support of around 8-10k, our run-down small ground etc, PFC is a borderline championship/ L1 club. That is where we would have been over the past 10 years had various owners not blown some £150 million we didn't have . Time we got used to it and lived in the real world. It is our future.

:eek: Either a skate who's seen the light, or one of us nutjobs in disguise.

Having said that, borderline championship/L1 club is too flattering. Soon they'll be borderline Wessex league/nonexistent. :lol:

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})