Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I think you've got a fair point there. The older heads at Pimpley will be fine with hanging around the lower leagues.. the problem is that the very early 20's and teenagers who have pretty much had Pimpley in the PL for most of their football supporting life, they honestly believe and expect pimply to be a PL club, when most sane supporters know otherwise... except for that mentalist Joe whatever his name is.....

A sense of reality is hardly likely to emerge down there when the News and Appy come out with lines about the ref bottling it bedause he has never officiated at such a big club as Pompey or that they are now the rest of the division's Cup Final.

Personally I hope the skate c**t has Portpin take over his club, r*pe it for a few years, causing him untold anguish before it finally dies.

I hope that every skate c**t hates every painful nano second of it.

No sympathy from me, they quite simply are reaping what they sowed.

Hell yeah !

i enjoy saying this to the pet skate at work all the time just as much as he did when we were in trouble.

Personally I hope the skate c**t has Portpin take over his club, r*pe it for a few years, causing him untold anguish before it finally dies.

I hope that every skate c**t hates every painful nano second of it.

No sympathy from me, they quite simply are reaping what they sowed.

Harsh :-/

Phew. Two weekends away with a week of jury duty inbetween and finally found the time to catch up on the thread..

The one thing I will say w.r.t. PES's post earlier about the possible PR plants is that though only a few people were proven to be plants in our episode it did give rise to something of a witch-hunt at the time where anyone who had only recently joined and started posting was condemned to be burnt at the stake, or something like that. So if you actually find they are PR plants it may turn out worse than just thinking they might be.

[My avatar was created at the time as a bit of a joke on the plants and one day I might get round to using a new one]

I dunno really, I enjoy the exchanges. It can get a bit much sometimes and the bile chucked down from a position of superiority seems a bit OTT and cheap/easy, but then I remember when the roles were reversed I wanted Saints to go out of business, I wasn't any better than the most malicious on here, I never vocalised it, but this is your board and I wouldn't of done it, some weird politeness or summink, I dunno? It Didn't stop me from wishing the demise of something much loved by friends and even a large proportion of my family, so carry on filling yer boots, I get it. I also believe 4 or 5 years down the line you'll find an edge missing, but you could of told me that at the time of your near demise and I wouldn't of given a **** so, meh.

Premiership, hmm. Ok I'm trying to be honest, loved it at first, loved and hated the Derbies. Saints got relegated, loved it, Pompey start signing 'Superstars', loved it, started obsessing over who we would get next? Reading every bit of media linking us to this and that. Prices started escalating and started to feel that it wasn't worth it and that it was a rip off. My least favourite season was the year we finished 8th, I felt the crowd became spoilt and the atmosphere DEFINATELY declined, the FA cup win was good, but not as good as you would expect. I quite enjoyed the Season we got relegated, it was exciting and the FA cup appearance against Chelsea really good.

I can honestly say at this point I was not bothered about being out the Prem. It became cheaper and more games on Saturday, I was so fed up of stupid kick-off times and days. I enjoyed the Championship, but then that was the level I had grown up supporting Pompey at. For that reason I don't believe most Saints fans will become dissallusioned with the prem, it's what many will of grown up with but personally i think the best position to be in is like a West Brom, one year a relegation battle, survive, next year a battle that you lose, then a promotion season, to my mind thats so exciting! I do think the premier league somehow sucks the soul out of a fan base, but I don't think it's been scientifically proven?

Nope, I won't. I can't watch the carcass being raped by the Hong Kong dog ****er. Already told my wife, not sure if she'll follow suit, but I will not go whilst Portpin are at the helm.

Sorry Pugwash, obviously I was not aware of your experiences.

Honestly, this is not what I want. I'd be happy to get my team back into a position where our rivalry would be relevant again, but no excesses, it really didn't suit us.

This is borderline sensible - you are a much better person when not trolling. And I do understand what you mean about the Prem. I nearly gave up my season ticket the year befopre we were relegated because I got so hacked off with Sky ruining my life for the armchair viewer and I did enjoy the CCC and League One. And the Prem is a bit soulless - we are only a bit part in a game owned by, managed by and played by foreigners (and mostly watched by them, too), but that is an age thing. But for now I will savour the wins and any success we have.

And, for what it's worth I don't particularly wish the Skates out of existence - I'd miss this thread for a start, but I do want to see them get some retribution for their wanton disregard for other people's money - and tbf, they are getting close to getting it at last. I spent the first twenty years as a Saints fan barely registering Pompey - I thought of them as on a par with Bournemouth, and it was only moving east that I realised how much you hated us.

With apologies to any Scots reading this, I compare the Saints/Pompey thing to England and Scotland's rivalry - basically we just are bigger than you - numerically, financially, geographically, you name it, and most of the time we just don't even think about you (you might call it a sort of arrogance), whilst you revel in being plucky underdogs (bestest fans et etc) and hate us with a festering passion, waiting for the day when you get one up on us. And like the Scots in the 70's you did for a short time, but it is never sustainable and inevitably ends in tears. Like them, you live for the derbies and will rabbit on about 4-1 forever, whilst for us it's truly not that big a deal.

The rivalry is fun, but for us, unlike yourselves I suspect, it's never been a defining thing.

I think the trust have given it a go, but they just don't have the cash, and you have quite a few more years of misery ahead, I'm afraid, and I'm afraid you are going to give us a few more laughs along the way. But good luck to them if they can pull it off.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/600159432?-11209

Another good read, click on link in story for rest of it,

Interesting article, finally we have evidence of a Skate doing some proper in depth research.

Hmmm

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-news/thousands-of-fake-electronic-goods-seized-in-dubai-sting

Totally unconnected dots at this moment in time.

We have an allegation of pedaling fake products in Russia

We have Dodgy Russian Owners

We have an odd character reappearing in August in Dubai

We have $1.1million dollars worth of fake TV's being seized in Dubai in early August

No clearly not linked

Now if only we had an agent who had some special hacking software that worked in this sort of investigative area?

Can someone help me out please? I used to be a regular PSTer but haven't been keeping up to date with this thread since the season started really. The last time I checked up the Trust were the only interested party and things were looking pretty bad. Chanrai was temporarily out of the picture, Birch was making and breaking deadlines, Appleton crying over how unfair everything was "We need to start buying, the league must gift us some top premier league players and pay their wages" etc, the fans coming up with the same usual "it's not our fault" mantra. How much has changed?

I know that many here want pompey wiped from the landscape completely, but after looking at the table, is there anyone who still thinks that they haven't been punished, and still feels that they have got away with it?

Let's not forget that the cheating was uncovered in the Prem, and from where they are now they would need a telescope to see the top of League One.

I know they've continued to flick the Vs which annoys all, but I'm pretty close to feeling that a form of justice is being done, not all, but some.

To expect them to admit that the cup itself was pinched is a tall order, ditto the win at St Marys.

That team they BOUGHT in to win the game was a vital part of the overall financial damage done around that time, so Karma has been doing a pretty good job.

And while PES has his sensible head on - was it worth it?

I realise of course that there were no financial issues prior to 5pm on that cup final day, but that whole period has directly led the club to the brink.

Maybe one day a pompey fan will admit that 'paying' a 45 year old man £50K a week to score the winner against a bankrupt midtable Championship side, was not worth losing the whole club for.

And I might think they haven't got away with it, but I'm no nearer giving them back the basic courtesy of a capital letter.

As soon as a new clean club starts competing on a level playing field I'll give them some sort of respect.

Though I would like an FA Cup draw...that might complete the justice process for me - it's just a pity that they won't make round three.

Meanwhile, Birch has pocketed his usual £4,500 this morning. :)

I know that many here want pompey wiped from the landscape completely, but after looking at the table, is there anyone who still thinks that they haven't been punished, and still feels that they have got away with it?

Let's not forget that the cheating was uncovered in the Prem, and from where they are now they would need a telescope to see the top of League One.

I know they've continued to flick the Vs which annoys all, but I'm pretty close to feeling that a form of justice is being done, not all, but some.

To expect them to admit that the cup itself was pinched is a tall order, ditto the win at St Marys.

That team they BOUGHT in to win the game was a vital part of the overall financial damage done around that time, so Karma has been doing a pretty good job.

And while PES has his sensible head on - was it worth it?

I realise of course that there were no financial issues prior to 5pm on that cup final day, but that whole period has directly led the club to the brink.

Maybe one day a pompey fan will admit that 'paying' a 45 year old man £50K a week to score the winner against a bankrupt midtable Championship side, was not worth losing the whole club for.

And I might think they haven't got away with it, but I'm no nearer giving them back the basic courtesy of a capital letter.

As soon as a new clean club starts competing on a level playing field I'll give them some sort of respect.

Though I would like an FA Cup draw...that might complete the justice process for me - it's just a pity that they won't make round three.

Meanwhile, Birch has pocketed his usual £4,500 this morning. :)

YES, I think they have got away with it

£140 MILLION First time around

£60 MILLION Second time around

They have been trading as Insolvent for best part of a year at least... WHY have the Football Authorities not come down hard on that, as they have done many times in the past

The -10 points is a JOKE, I'm convinced that the FL are racking their brains as how to let them off.

And Birch is a joke also. For ANY other Business, he would have been forced to LIQUIDATE months ago

The whole issue STINKS, starting with the MORONS at the Football League of Shysters.

Can someone help me out please? I used to be a regular PSTer but haven't been keeping up to date with this thread since the season started really. The last time I checked up the Trust were the only interested party and things were looking pretty bad. Chanrai was temporarily out of the picture, Birch was making and breaking deadlines, Appleton crying over how unfair everything was "We need to start buying, the league must gift us some top premier league players and pay their wages" etc, the fans coming up with the same usual "it's not our fault" mantra. How much has changed?

The weather's got a bit cooler.

They have been trading as Insolvent for best part of a year at least... WHY have the Football Authorities not come down hard on that, as they have done many times in the past

The -10 points is a JOKE, I'm convinced that the FL are racking their brains as how to let them off.

The whole issue STINKS, starting with the MORONS at the Football League of Shysters.

I can assure you that the FL are not trying to let them off. They are however very mindful of not being the ones to kill them off, they do not want to leave themselves open to potential future litigation. You are correct that they should have been liquidated a long time ago by the courts.

Taken from the News:-

Portsmouth North MP Penny Mordaunt said: ‘The administrator must look to the best interests of the creditors and that means the long term. This is a clear test for football, and it is obvious which option is the right choice for all concerned.

‘I remain resolute that the Supporters’ Trust bid is the right solution, as do many parliamentary colleagues.

‘If this opportunity is not seized owing to short-term interests against the long-term interests of creditors and stakeholders we, Parliament, would be right to question how the game is governed.’

What the f*ck has this all have to do with Parliament? Are the football authorities not the governing bodies of what is effectively a private members' club?

If she and her Parliamentary colleagues wished to do something useful where Football and matters of administration were concerned, why doesn't she campaign for Parliament to make the priority payments to footballing creditors over non-secured creditors illegal? She could assist her husband and make HMRC a priority payee ahead of wealthy footballers too.

Anyway, what qualifies her to assess the administrator's conclusions as to how the best interests of the creditors will be served. Does she not realise what Chainrai's position is as a main creditor? Are his interests to be ignored?

Chinney: ' I will get my money, I am secured'

Shoestring budget... take out what he can, take the parrachutes and then place in admin again before he has to pay the football creditors their 8 mil? Could this be done legally? Does he care? Will he be happy to leave them to be liquided by this time next year? Tune in next week folks for more exciting installment....

Seriously, the PST should now go for a pheonix and encourage all teh fans to follow - leave Chinney with the rusting hulk of Fraton park, empty and him and Appy can sit and moan together, leaving the genuine fans with a fresh start, and hope of a clean and more stable future.

@colinfarmery: Can I ask that Pompey fans keep calm. There is a huge amount going on in front and behind the scenes. Let all parties do their jobs. #PUP

Poor old Frattoniser doesn't seem to have gotten the memo.

Maybe the Trust should sue PKF themselves, though I'm totally unsure on what grounds. Either way, it appears to have worked for Crooks R Us Ltd.

It's at times like this I wish I hadn't blown my cover on POL. Must be hilarious over there at the moment.

Frattoniser and co must be apopleptic with rage by now. They've spent so long trying to convince everyone, in the face of all common sense, that the £167,000 of pledged money that they have in the bank was enough to buy and run a football club, that they'd really started to believe it themselves.

It's at times like this I wish I hadn't blown my cover on POL. Must be hilarious over there at the moment.

Frattoniser and co must be apopleptic with rage by now. They've spent so long trying to convince everyone, in the face of all common sense, that the £167,000 of pledged money that they have in the bank was enough to buy and run a football club, that they'd really started to believe it themselves.

To be fair, that £167,000 would be plenty to kick things off for a phoenix club...

And with the backing, week in and week out of the best fans in the world... Surely, they will have so much money to spend from gate receipts of their own?

They'd rocket up the divisions and do a lot of good for non-league football, just as AFC Wimbledon did.

Sadly it'll never happen as they believe they deserve special treatment. Why not I suppose, they've got it already - being in administration three times and getting a slap on the wrist, still being allowed to sign players...

What a joke, the whole situation would be laughable if it wasn't so desperately sad and costing the tax payer, small businesses and charities a fortune.

I can't believe that either the financial or footballing institutions in this country can allow such a farce but clearly it does so we will have another two years of Chiny robbing and asset stripping before once again putting the club into admin to dodge the massive debts he's run up. It's predictable rinse and repeat and those that could stop it are just sitting back and watching.

They'd rocket up the divisions and do a lot of good for non-league football, just as AFC Wimbledon did.

Sadly it'll never happen as they believe they deserve special treatment. Why not I suppose, they've got it already - being in administration three times and getting a slap on the wrist, still being allowed to sign players...

Can anyone remind me please btw? I am trying to remember how many times they have been in administration, in total, as opposed to just recently?

Oh Penny Penny, you stupid woman. I'm sure the Trust would indeed be the best thing for the future of the club. i'm sure it would be the best thing for the creditors.

IF IT HAD ANY F*CKING MONEY.

It doesn't.

Live with the fact that there are not enough people on the island with spare cash enough to keep the thing alive.

If having a community club is what matters then start again. It really isn't rocket science.

Oh Penny Penny, you stupid woman. I'm sure the Trust would indeed be the best thing for the future of the club. i'm sure it would be the best thing for the creditors.

IF IT HAD ANY F*CKING MONEY.

It doesn't.

Live with the fact that there are not enough people on the island with spare cash enough to keep the thing alive.

If having a community club is what matters then start again. It really isn't rocket science.

In one! Tricky Trev knows the lying sack of s**t lone shark is the only bidder with the minerals to take the club back on,Just as we all know putting back the dead line is keeping his snout in the parachute troff, Looks like we will be leaving the laundry for the line to be hung out to dry,:scared:

Can anyone remind me please btw? I am trying to remember how many times they have been in administration, in total, as opposed to just recently?

Thanks .. presumably they top that particular league?

It woud be fitting if the guiness book of records had an entry for it!

5.....but it is hard to keep count, as they have had other 'insolvency' events as well!

Thanks .. presumably they top that particular league?

It woud be fitting if the guiness book of records had an entry for it!

(Sorry about the double post. Thought I'd deleted the first one. Am obviously a technical incompetent)

Edited by Ken Tone

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})