Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I'm to money management, as Fatty Arbuckle was to hang-gliding, but do I get this right. Chinny currently has a 'charge' over Nottarf, sort of a security against a debt.

In the new era, he will own the club/ground outright, and be owed £5 million. If we ignore the £5 mill debt (lets face it Skates always ignore their debts), he will soon owe the club outright without any strings. Could he then just close PFC down and sell everything off, to recoup his loses.

Could be an expedient way of getting any planning restrictions removed, though.

Heard a little ditty earller today along the lines of :

.........Chinn, Chinnery,Chin, Chinnery, Chinn, Chinn, Cherou,...........

.........Now Chinny's got you, it's down to League Two...................

Sung to the tune of the old **** Van Dyke song

Reminds me of a similar ditty sung at the Dell back in the 60's to the tune of 'Bicycle made for two'

The words have been slightly changed to reflect the current situation (it used to be 'stuck in Division 2'):

............Pompey, Pompey, give us your answer do,......................

............What's it like to go down to Division 2?...........................

I'm to money management, as Fatty Arbuckle was to hang-gliding, but do I get this right. Chinny currently has a 'charge' over Nottarf, sort of a security against a debt.

In the new era, he will own the club/ground outright, and be owed £5 million. If we ignore the £5 mill debt (lets face it Skates always ignore their debts), he will soon owe the club outright without any strings. Could he then just close PFC down and sell everything off, to recoup his loses.

The only potential value is if everything is pulled back together - The club, the ground and the land from gaydamak. If Chinny takes over, there will be no cost (Or a nominal pound - Think Terry Venables) and he will bring with him 5 million pounds worth of secured debt - But it wouldn't mean much in the grand scheme of things as he would have a club to sell (Again) and have ownership over everything as opposed to just a charge. When he sold to CSI it was for around ten million, plus they took on the liabilities of the old CVA, so we get an idea of what he will walk for.

The old cva is now diluted and is done and dusted for a million quid (Slightly less than the 18 million from CVA 1) plus the players compromise debts of 8.8... Which basically is the outstanding parachute payments (I am sure that the FL, FA and PL will get together and have these payed directly to the creditors, without Chinny getting near them) ....So ultimatey if the club trades within its means, Chinny gets the lot to sell on at some point in the future.

And that is my best guess for where the deal is to be done, although Phil's point about using it is a tax write down, is an intresting theory.

So it all comes down to what league they end up in by the time Chinny finds a buyer and what someone is prepared to pay for the bestest. BUT.... at that point in time they will be debt free, have a manageble wage bill and be self sustaining..... It's about finding their level.

At that point, my money is on Mandy Mandric to make a second coming.

I do believe he could, but unlikely - unltimately, he will have vto pay teh football creditors the 8mil form the parachutes - but at league 1 levels him injecting as littles 2 mil would make them competitive again - and it 'appears' his intention is to invest a little, get back in the Campionshoip and then sell lock stock and barrel - but at what value? might be worth 5 or 6 mill to teh right mug, but given the lack of any infrastructure of note, teh 5mil debt to chinney, not sure its worth it...

I still have this suspicion that he may cal it a day just after he has pocketed the parachutes, put them back in admin and walk away if that is legal.... ?

but sell to who?

no one wants it or to be correct no one wants to pay for it

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=455391

Sent: 25 September 2012 14:43

To: 'enquiries@football-league.co.uk'

Subject: FAO Nick Craig Re: PFC Ownership issue

Good afternoon Nick,

I understand you have received many emails on this subject already so I will keep mine as brief as possible.

It has been widely reported in both local and national media that the Football League (FL) will soon be asked to apply its Owners and Directors Test once administrators PKF name their preferred bidder for Portsmouth Football Club (under whichever corporate guise this might now be).

I’m sure the FL is aware that there has also been widespread speculation that former owners Portpin may yet be that ‘preferred bidder’, news that has prompted this and other emails to you.

I’d like to add my feelings to those who have already been in touch to express their concerns about this possibility. As an unsecured creditor of the club from the club’s first recent spell in administration, I am aware that the FL appears to have some empathy with the likes of myself, having imposed the suspended 10-point deduction on the club because of the way people like myself have been treated.

I therefore implore you to extend this empathy and give strong consideration to representations such as this one.

At time of writing, I am owed £2,375 by the club. To give you a brief history and hopefully unnecessary reminder, I was initially told that Portpin would pay me this money in full in the original CVA. I have never received a penny from Portpin and I have also never received any explanation as to why this was the case – to simply say “I sold the club so the CVA is not mine anymore”, as Portpin did, does not tell the story of why they made no effort to make or offer any repayment in the many months before they sold the club.

To now think Portpin could resume ownership of the club and pay me in the region of £40 of what I am owed is disgusting in itself. Based on the above, to believe I will ever actually see even that pittance from Portpin is, in my view, naïve and ignorant.

It doesn’t matter what the FL is now calling its ownership test, or even what the test involves – if Portpin might pass it and be deemed a ‘suitable’ owner of a football club I can’t help but feel the FL would be negligent in its duties and would be failing to protect the integrity of the league (after all, the club has been potentially docked 10 points for this purpose).

I leave you with one question Nick – in all of this, I have been punished by losing circa £2,330 through no fault of my own. The club has been punished by plummeting down the Football League with League Two now looking like the next destination (if liquidation can be avoided). The club’s fans have been punished by having to watch this happen. The club’s staff have been punished by losing jobs and/or monies owed. If Portpin return to the Fratton Park boardroom, where is their punishment in all this, and where is the deterrent to avoid the FL having to do this all again with another club?

I have seen first-hand - Portpin are not proper.

Protect the integrity of the Football League. Protect Portsmouth Football Club.

Thank you for your time.

3 years too late but a good letter nonetheless...

Edited by trousers

Rallyboy asked if anyone still thought they had got away with it?

I still do, they have had little pain compared to the glories they stole. Ho0w many really bad days have they had? 1 and a half seasons. Even in the CCC they had some good players and had a chance. They had 5 years at least of watching success and quality players, cup final appearances etc. If Bc comes backthey are safe and from there you never know what may happen, although if he keeps to spend what you earn they may suffer quite a bit more.

Agreed completely, Nick.

I'm assuming, of course, that "safe" is your euphemism for f*cked.

UHm - so The PST need Chinney to either sell them the ground for a couple of mill or lease it to them at a sustainable rental... now maybe I am being disenguous to Chinney, but given the pST are now looking to scupper chinney with the FL through a legal challenge, might Chinney not get a tad pished off with them and then maybe not be quite so willing to deal with them at a rate that the PST could afford?

UHm - so The PST need Chinney to either sell them the ground for a couple of mill or lease it to them at a sustainable rental... now maybe I am being disenguous to Chinney' date=' but given the pST are now looking to scupper chinney with the FL through a legal challenge, might Chinney not get a tad pished off with them and then maybe not be quite so willing to deal with them at a rate that the PST could afford?[/quote']

It's what used to be referred to as 'Shooting yourself in the foot' - the PST is desperately hanging on without a financial pot to p*ss in.

Rallyboy asked if anyone still thought they had got away with it?

I still do, they have had little pain compared to the glories they stole. Ho0w many really bad days have they had? 1 and a half seasons. Even in the CCC they had some good players and had a chance. They had 5 years at least of watching success and quality players, cup final appearances etc. If Bc comes backthey are safe and from there you never know what may happen, although if he keeps to spend what you earn they may suffer quite a bit more.

Wrong. As someone who hates Pompey, keep your fingers crossed for ChinnySuck.

There is some interesting and deliberately broad language about who the Owners & Directors test applies to ... "Persons exercising “control” over the Club "

http://www.football-league.co.uk/staticFiles/0/8c/0,,10794~166912,00.pdf

Chainrai put them in to admin the first time round, in 2010 - that's not in doubt: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/9121791.stm

Balram Chainrai, a Hong Kong-based businessman, became Pompey's fourth owner inside a year when he assumed control of the club in February 2010 before putting them in administration soon afte

So I guess the question is whether Chainrai had any "control" at the time of the 2012 administration (or indeed the CSI administration which also qualifies as an "insolvency event"? It sounds like CSI never paid him a penny, and given that he was trying to bring AA in to undertake the administration process, he was perhaps (indirectly?) involved in the act of entering administration.

So i'm idly speculating, and i can't quite remember the sequence of events back in February, but this has the potential to run on...

Yep, spot on.

Chinnys changed his mind he is going to put "more" money in! I wonder what has changed his mind ? could he really have a heart after all ? has he become a compassionate man ? a fan even,he even thinks he might enjoy losing millions at PFC in a quest to return to the bigtime.He really has had a change of heart. PMSL.

Again, you know te score.

:lol:

Of course you are, Chinny; those purse strings are going to get loosened to the nth degree, aren't they?!

:lol::lol:

The more I see Chinners bluster his way through the media and attempt to strongarm all and sundry into getting what he wants, the more I think he's fighting a losing battle. There'd be simply no need for him to engage in such a public slanging match were he in any position of power; so he's using these bullying tactics to try and engender a fear of huge litigation.

I also genuinely think the Football League may for once take a strong stance with its owners and directors test. And how ironic that David Lumpitt may have a very active role in determining to what extent Chinners was involved in the last entrance into administration, which would be the final nail in the coffin for the loan shark.

Two things are for sure after these latest revelations; there is still a huge way to go with all of this, and PKF and Trevor Birch are going to get continually richer because of it (all the while eating up the Trust's much needed cash funding).

Help us David Lampitt, you're our only hope!

what's this infighting within the PST all about or is it just Chinny bull****?

Yes Bull****, whatever you think of the PST financial footing, they have been the model of professionalism, though as its getting REALLY nasty now, the gloves may come off!

There's certainly infighting among the fanbase at large, which I assume is what he actually means, which suggests that he basically thinks he's up against the entire fanbase with the PST bid :lol:

I fear a civil war amongst Pompey fans. Two separate ideologies on how best to support PFC through a 'New' ChinnySuck Era. I will be in the don't go camp, but I will be bloody annoyed with those that will, although I truely have no right to be.

I think the bulk of their "punishment" will truly be seen as and when they come out of administration, and for the 2 or 3 years that follow that.

If they get Chinny; well, that's obviously a massive kick in the nuts for any Pompey fan, the man is just a disease and will extract every last penny out of them that he can, to the detriment of the football club. Even a good proportion of us nutjobs seemingly don't wish Chinny on them, as its a surefire way for yet another administration 2 or 3 years down the line.

If the Trust get in, then the finances simply don't stack up. Tricky Trev and his cohorts are busy filling out their timesheets so that the bulk of the £3M parachute payment figure recently received (previously budgetted for the Trust to run the club) will be used to pay PKF's ever-increasingly astronimical fees. The Trust's original operating budget was half decent without being exhorbitant; they've since had to find an extra £6M to cover the player deferral payments, so naturally the rest of the budget will suffer because of that. The Trust have already been on the radio saying they'll need addtional pledges and investment year on year to go forwards (a claim that was hastily backtracked upon when they considered the actual implication of that statement being out in the open), so there are clearly concerns with the level of funding, even if its being publicly denied. The Trust can't afford an academy in the longer term; the natives are getting restless with the poor footballing show on offer at Fortress Fatpipe; relegation to League 2 is looming large on the horizon (with or without the -10) and the crowds are falling away. And in the background Chinny still holds the keys to the charge over the ground and won't relinquish that without a fight in court, which will have to be funded by even more money that would originally have gone into the Trust's operating budget. The Trust are slowly gaining extra pledges day by day, of course, but Tricky Trev's £500 per hour demands much more of a financial investment that those few hardy souls diverting their life's savings into the Pompey life support machine are able to provide.

Its a sad indictment for them, but life will be perilous for Pompey whether they get Chinny or the Trust. I still maintain that liquidation and a phoenix club would have proved to be the most sensible option in 5 year's time. The Trust's is an admirable effort, but ultimately flawed IMO.

Agree mostly, yet I believe the PST will finance it. For example I pledged 1k, but if needed I can go to 3k and will do, so will many others. More will go in than will come out.

Heard a little ditty earller today along the lines of :

.........Chinn, Chinnery,Chin, Chinnery, Chinn, Chinn, Cherou,...........

.........Now Chinny's got you, it's down to League Two...................

Sung to the tune of the old **** Van Dyke song

Reminds me of a similar ditty sung at the Dell back in the 60's to the tune of 'Bicycle made for two'

The words have been slightly changed to reflect the current situation (it used to be 'stuck in Division 2'):

............Pompey, Pompey, give us your answer do,......................

............What's it like to go down to Division 2?...........................

Very good. As for the second one, L2 holds no fear for me, in fact if the trust get the club I'd positively welcome it. We are already the only club in the league to of gone from very bottom of the league to the very top, back down to the bottom and all the way back to the top. And now We're nearly halfway through the second cycle! :)

Wrong. As someone who hates Pompey, keep your fingers crossed for ChinnySuck.

Very good. As for the second one, L2 holds no fear for me, in fact if the trust get the club I'd positively welcome it. We are already the only club in the league to of gone from very bottom of the league to the very top, back down to the bottom and all the way back to the top. And now We're nearly halfway through the second cycle! :)

PES, I entirely welcome your comments on this site. They add diversity.

But it is ridiculous to suggest that the PST should be the new owners, as they simply can't fund the debt and ongoing costs.

It's like walking up to a a mortgage broker and saying "I'll buy that house that is being repossessed but I can't afford the knock-down sale price because it includes debts that have to be paid off. However, I'll offer you a small amount now and I'll pay the rest when I get the money together. How about it?"

Lol, on POL, someone dares to question the trust's business plan on a thread about the letter that was sent to the FL

Serious question - no "pro-portpin" replies please - this letter is the story...

1. In 3.2.4 of the CVA does the full payment of creditors owed under £2500 apply to both CVAs or just this one?

2. Can anyone at the trust enlighten me on their business plan with relation to this issue - is the plan to pay sub 2.5k creditors in full within 90 days?

Here are some of the responses

this letter has nothing to do with the trust.

Its about how Portpin have hurt the fans and local businesses.

Wise up.

you do like to go in for little provocations, don't you?

You know perfectly well that the point of the letter was that Chainrai had not done what he promised to do.

But you do this kind of thing so often that I think it's your twitter-type personality rather than a studied campaign. Is that right?

Can we not ban him for trolling?

stick him in gaol or just block him (i have)

This poster was asking a simple question about the trust and he gets shot down :facepalm:

Frattoniser on POL just posted this

The AGM of the Pompey Supporters' Trust takes place at the Rifle Club, Goldsmith Avenue, Portsmouth on Thursday September 27 at 7.30pm.

PST looks forward to seeing as many members as possible at the event where, as well as the formal business, there will be a chance to also get an update on the current situation surrounding PST's bid to buy Portsmouth FC.

I doubt we'll learn anything new but should be interesting all the same.

Talking of "scumfinder general", it would appear that he has a twitter account: @Frattoniser . Of course, by posting his twitter account, his entire family is at risk of us faaccckin scummmas and he'll have to leave POL as a result. :rolleyes:

But it is ridiculous to suggest that the PST should be the new owners, as they simply can't fund the debt and ongoing costs.

It's like walking up to a a mortgage broker and saying "I'll buy that house that is being repossessed but I can't afford the knock-down sale price because it includes debts that have to be paid off. However, I'll offer you a small amount now and I'll pay the rest when I get the money together. How about it?"

What's wrong with that ??

That's exactly how the Football Authorities have allowed them to operate for YEARS

The FL are, as per usual, GUTLESS to do anything other than to they themselves " BRING THE GAME INTO DISREPUTE "

The PST can afford it and have to be a better option than handing it back to one of the series of crooks who have used the club to wash their dirty greens. I've always been careful what i say, but f@ck it. People do realise that that's what it was always all about right? Not buying success, that was an accident or by-product of chucking 100 dirties to get out 10 cleanies. Ah Mr 45 year old African. Of course we can pay you 70k a week, into your bank of Nigeria account? Why of course. And Mr Arsenal Girls name, 45k a week, you don't have to play, it doesn't matter that your perma-crocked. See if your mate Arsehole Camp bellend wants to come here for 110k a week, we can even make most of the money tax free as image rights cos he is such a stud.

It wasn't even badly run, it's been run very well, in fact they have pretty much achieved everything they wanted to. Look at the transfer in v transfer out ratio (Clean), ignore wages (dirty). Of course this is now a blueprint for other like minded people at or soon to be at other clubs around the world.

Well the fans did get into bed with them I suppose, though I don't remember exactly how we got into this situation? We we're drinking at the bar, they were buying, The first couple of drinks were nice, then it was a blur, and then we woke up. I sure can't remember ever consenting to this butt F@cking! And the truth is, as fans, we behaved no different to any one else in our situation, but you won't buy that. We ain't the first and we sure won't be the last.

The PST can afford it and have to be a better option than handing it back to one of the series of crooks who have used the club to wash their dirty greens. I've always been careful what i say, but f@ck it. People do realise that that's what it was always all about right? Not buying success, that was an accident or by-product of chucking 100 dirties to get out 10 cleanies. Ah Mr 45 year old African. Of course we can pay you 70k a week, into your bank of Nigeria account? Why of course. And Mr Arsenal Girls name, 45k a week, you don't have to play, it doesn't matter that your perma-crocked. See if your mate Arsehole Camp bellend wants to come here for 110k a week, we can even make most of the money tax free as image rights cos he is such a stud.

It wasn't even badly run, it's been run very well, in fact they have pretty much achieved everything they wanted to. Look at the transfer in v transfer out ratio (Clean), ignore wages (dirty). Of course this is now a blueprint for other like minded people at or soon to be at other clubs around the world.

Well the fans did get into bed with them I suppose, though I don't remember exactly how we got into this situation? We we're drinking at the bar, they were buying, The first couple of drinks were nice, then it was a blur, and then we woke up. I sure can't remember ever consenting to this butt F@cking! And the truth is, as fans, we behaved no different to any one else in our situation, but you won't buy that. We ain't the first and we sure won't be the last.

The piano has been drinking.

http://www.ripcat.free-online.co.uk/waitshtml/thepianohasbeendrinkingbclyrics.htm [lyrics courtesy of Tom Waits]

Edited by TopGun

The PST can afford it and have to be a better option than handing it back to one of the series of crooks who have used the club to wash their dirty greens.

How exactly are the trust going to afford it? As far as I'm aware that FL is insisting that all football creditors are paid in full (or as fully as they've agreed to be). This means that somewhere north of £8M has to be found for these payments; in its initial proposal the trust stated that no more than £2M would be paid to football creditors. Where has the additional £6M appeared from? If it's been extracted from funds earmarked for elsewhere, how will these other costs be met?

That's one example of a huge hole in the trust's plan; others have been highlighted by other posters as well. Try as I might, I really can't see how the trust can do this. If the money were used to start a totally new club, at whatever level it took, free of all the baggage and debt, then that would make sense. Trying to buy and run the existing club on the back of fewer than 2,000 pledges of £1,000 each makes no sense at all.

Have the details of the new trust bid been published or, in the interest of transparency, have they kept them quiet in the hope nobody asks any questions like the one related to where the **** they've found an extra £6m to cover the compromise agreements?

I think it was mentioned in one post/email/tweet/ that the intentions was to pay it off over 4 years at 2mil a year.... which was fine for year 1, when they had the paarchutes, but suspect even BT and certainly the FL, might struggle accepting that the projection of a fortnightly gate of 20K+ neede dto cover that in L1/2 might be pushing the boundaries of what is possible.

I knw we enjoy laughing at their 'fag packet' maths, but IMHO tehir problem always stemed from, not being prepared to work out a manageable debt repayment schedule that was acceptable to both Chinney and the FL (Football creditors) - acknoledging that this would leave them uncompetitive for many years. They owe 8mil to fooball creditors, and I suspect that Chinney would have accepted around that as well - with parachutes and a 10-15 year repayment plan and a shoestring budget, it could be done and the club, would be theirs and debt free by the end of it - sure they might be in the blue square, but their history would be theirs.

I would have thought that given they have 200,000 bestest fans, who would support the new fan owned regime, getting more than 5000k in L2 or the conference would not be a problem?

Seriously, yes it would be very tough to pay off 500,000k a year if relegated to the blue square, and if Chinney was a normal decent bloke, it would/should be possible to have a sliding repaymnet schedule that was based on a percentage of revenue until the debt was repaid - but chinney is not a reasonable bloke, he's a 'loan shark' and interest on interest is his bread and butter - but if you swim with sharks... etc.

... to ensure BT also did what was best for unsecured creditors, they could have factored in a longer term repayment in excess of chinneys 0.2p -but all we have seen from the PST is the constant undercurrent that reflects the average fans wish to remain competitive as they are owed this fo some reason being the Real Madrid of L1 and so special favours shoudl be granted that allow them to ignore debt and pay wages.... now where have we heard that before?

Perhaps the questions that the PST should REALLY be asking right now should be about what happened during this past 9 months.

It is pretty clear that barking at the Chinny tree is NOT a wise move, their only hope of a result there is with the FL getting onside and blocking Chinny with FAPP refusal. (That ACTUALLY could kill the club IF PKF truly do not believe the Trust can go forwards.

No, the place to start looking IF this all gets legal is at TB & PKF themselves.

Why were no players sold last January? Why were steps not taken then to dramatically cull wages? Send players out on loan?

Why were PKF not questioned about "trying to stay up instead of trying to stay in business for as long as possible"?

TB is a (track record) wannabe Football Club Chairman. He ENJOYED his work. Did he enjoy it too much?

How much of the income was spent in those months? Why did PKF NOT try and reach compromise agreements in MAY? Christ, why were they not trying to do that in JANUARY?

Why on earth was Appy led to believe he could spend MORE money than any other L1 club?

PST will get murdered in a law suit against Chinny.

But digging into possible negligence (with the CVA Creditors) into TB's actions MAY give them a better angle

Yeah we all laugh at the deluded phew who lapped it all up and went with the be competitive line, and they all enjoyed their moment at SMS, BUT TB's actions (OR more importantly lack of) since January have sucked the club dry and left the Trust in this mess.

Change your aim. Go for a case you might be able to win, you may not get the club away from Chinny but you will not waste the pledges.

But then, it won't happen because as Frank Says they are just benefit junkies chasing what they insist is theirs by right not by being earnt.

ut all we have seen from the PST is the constant undercurrent that reflects the average fans wish to remain competitive as they are owed this fo some reason being the Real Madrid of L1 and so special favours shoudl be granted that allow them to ignore debt and pay wages.... now where have we heard that before?

Phil.

You're right, perhaps you should look at the last nine months.

You may notice that PKF only took over the reins in FEBRUARY when the club officially went into admin! It was run during JANUARY by Lumpitt.

PKF may well be killing them with their £9k per day billings, but you can't make up history to blame them too ;)

Phil.

You're right, perhaps you should look at the last nine months.

You may notice that PKF only took over the reins in FEBRUARY when the club officially went into admin! It was run during JANUARY by Lumpitt.

PKF may well be killing them with their £9k per day billings, but you can't make up history to blame them too ;)

Ouch.

Yeah it was CSI in admin BUT then the club (And Chinny's strings) spent everything they had.

There's been so many admins it is hard to keep up. :blush:

Anyways, a person with a brain should have adopted a more careful approach when your owner is in trouble...

BUT PKF could STILL have done the compromise agreements in Feb. Would have saved a good couple of million I am sure (Wage deferrals vs a compromise done earlier as eg)

PES.

You are living in a fantasy. Wake up.

Here's my last post.

Nope, thats pretty much how it's been run (under the original Israeli owner at any rate). Then the 'others' have taken advantage of our ridiculous business administrative laws to clear off the 'debts'. But where did the transfer money go, seriously. Look at what we spent on player transfers (much of which was renegotiated anyway) and look at what we received. They weren't doing it for the glory, you do realise that right? What do you think their motives were? We accidentally won't he cup, flukey result at Man Utd and ridiculously easy draws. Success for Portsmouth was never on their agenda, it was an accident.

I realise this isn't going to be the spin you want, but which do you really think the most likely? An arms dealer and associates using football to do some washing or an arms dealer and associates looking for a club to bring success to? Obviously it's not in the public domain because without concrete evidence who'd risk a law suit? and with so many shysters involved, who do you nail the blame on, its a very clever scam. And one which on a smaller scales has been done before and worryingly, will be done again as this lot will get away with it.

Here's my last post.

Nope, thats pretty much how it's been run (under the original Israeli owner at any rate). Then the 'others' have taken advantage of our ridiculous business administrative laws to clear off the 'debts'. But where did the transfer money go, seriously. Look at what we spent on player transfers (much of which was renegotiated anyway) and look at what we received. They weren't doing it for the glory, you do realise that right? What do you think their motives were? We accidentally won't he cup, flukey result at Man Utd and ridiculously easy draws. Success for Portsmouth was never on their agenda, it was an accident.

I realise this isn't going to be the spin you want, but which do you really think the most likely? An arms dealer and associates using football to do some washing or an arms dealer and associates looking for a club to bring success to? Obviously it's not in the public domain because without concrete evidence who'd risk a law suit? and with so many shysters involved, who do you nail the blame on, its a very clever scam. And one which on a smaller scales has been done before and worryingly, will be done again as this lot will get away with it.

Yea.

But we were whingeing idiots.

We were jealous of you.

When WE all pointed this out

Appy continues to spout nonsense in today's Portsmouth Delusion, apparently Kevin Long will have gained so so much from his 5 Pompey matches as the club is ABSOLUTELY MASSIVE, a big fish in a small pond, and the likes of Rochdale and Accrington Stanley aren't worthy enough to wipe the sh*t from his ar*e.

SelfDelusion.jpg

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/pompey-boss-convinced-defender-learned-from-fratton-education-1-4299911

Glad to see they missed out on that 'proven Premier League performer too'... hahaha

@pn_neil_allen: Vernon-Jackson fears they could be in admin again in a year if Portpin return. Take it he didn't ask them back then! http://t.co/kMYpmQJr

And yet the council's refusal to loan the Trust any money ifI there are any other bids on the table was the first torpedo to hit sinking ship. You made the right decision Vernon, and but you can't have it both ways.

Here's my last post.

I notice you dont go back as far as MM. Do you not think that was also when strange things were going on? MM HR and his dog have been cleared in court and are innocent. In that period we had lots of discussions with your Mates on here and pointed out that you were in massive debt that was untenable. We had answers back that the Tv payments etc could cover the players wages, and when the sunday papers said you were 50m-100 in debt, it was sneered at.

I never have like MM and would not touch him with a bargepole, he was very smart and deserted the ship before the s### hit the Pompey fans. BC is the man who saved your club and you cant see it.

If it was not for his loan, Fratton Park would now be a like a Sinclair C5, something that was odd and laughed at, a bad idea and only weirdos likely to be seen in it.

Love the deluded *** on the comments page.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/supporters-trust-is-best-long-term-hope-for-pompey-1-4300835

CILLIT BANG

10:00 AM on 26/09/2012

see the s(um had a big turn out last night LOL 9,890 and 1900 were away supporters so 7990 s(um now thats support NOT !!!

The pompey maths in full swing again.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/supporters-trust-is-best-long-term-hope-for-pompey-1-4300835

CILLIT BANG

see the s(um had a big turn out last night LOL 9,890 and 1900 were away supporters so 7990 s(um now thats support NOT !!!

Love that 1900 number when everywhere inc BBC were saying 680.

(And in that context. 680 Owls fans make the journey from Yorkshire in appalling weather on a Tuesday night for a mickey mouse Cup Match knowing they would rest their own key players. Those 680 - far besterer than the bestest)

I notice you dont go back as far as MM. Do you not think that was also when strange things were going on? MM HR and his dog have been cleared in court and are innocent. In that period we had lots of discussions with your Mates on here and pointed out that you were in massive debt that was untenable. We had answers back that the Tv payments etc could cover the players wages, and when the sunday papers said you were 50m-100 in debt, it was sneered at.

I never have like MM and would not touch him with a bargepole, he was very smart and deserted the ship before the s### hit the Pompey fans. BC is the man who saved your club and you cant see it.

If it was not for his loan, Fratton Park would now be a like a Sinclair C5, something that was odd and laughed at, a bad idea and only weirdos likely to be seen in it.

And for example that idiot Corp Ho (banker on POL) denied vehemently that Sol Cambell was being paid as much as £100k a week ,and it turned out he was actually on £120k. Why else would an England centre half sign for such a small club? But where was the worried noise from the pompey fans? As for the hero worship over Mandaric, when he was the one who reneged on his ground improvement promises and sold them for a fat profit to the first of the blindingly obviously dodgy owners, I just don't understand it. He is the one who is most to blame in many respects.

I had a chat with Antony Fanshawe yesterday. A great guy with a wicked sense of humour. He has already warned the Pompey trust to decide "when to draw a line under things". He still thinks that Birch is more interested in liquidation, as he then gets to bleed the £3M in parachute payments instead of Chanrai getting his mitts on it. The trust has had zero help from anyone and he had nothing but contempt for the way they have been treated by the Premier League, with regard to the parachute payments, post a potential liquidation, and the Football League, who are just a collection of clueless old farts, according to him. Good luck to the trust, but they should respect the advice they are getting from Antony. He's a clever guy and I think now is the time for them to get the hell out....

CILLIT BANG

I do love pompey fans... Taking the Michael out of. Low turn out for us against a lower league team in an early round of the cup... When said attendance pretty much matches their home support for their league games

Retarded is a word that does not do them justice

And for example that idiot Corp Ho (banker on POL) denied vehemently that Sol Cambell was being paid as much as £100k a week ,and it turned out he was actually on £120k. Why else would an England centre half sign for such a small club? But where was the worried noise from the pompey fans? As for the hero worship over Mandaric, when he was the one who reneged on his ground improvement promises and sold them for a fat profit to the first of the blindingly obviously dodgy owners, I just don't understand it. He is the one who is most to blame in many respects.

Ah, Corp Ho; that poor, deluded fool. I do love his particular gem of inside information (no doubt from his contact at the club who he saw socially 2 times a week). This was on page 3 of this thread; no wonder we've gotten this far, the lols have been incredible.

Time will tell I guess, but I wouldn't laugh too loudly too soon if I were you. I'm not party to the whole thing but if the rumour about where the money's coming from (and how much of it there is ready to be used on players and improving the club) are true you lot are going to be pig sick.

I'm bored sh*tless today, stuck under a blanket with a heavy cold and a lemsip in hand, I think I may have to search out some of Corp's best quotes just to pass the time.....

Ah, Corp Ho; that poor, deluded fool. I do love his particular gem of inside information (no doubt from his contact at the club who he saw socially 2 times a week). This was on page 3 of this thread; no wonder we've gotten this far, the lols have been incredible.

I'm bored sh*tless today, stuck under a blanket with a heavy cold and a lemsip in hand, I think I may have to search out some of Corp's best quotes just to pass the time.....

A modern classic here: http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?14620-Pompey-Takeover-Saga&p=1428275#post1428275

Not on par with really old stuff (from before I frequented this thread ;)), but a very illustrative example of how things go wrong. A budget posted less than 2 months ago showing PST with a whopping £8M in reserve after all has been paid off. Ouch.

Do it Kraken

. I bet there a a few gems in the first quarter of this thread..

Could have a sperate thread on here called. Corps Gems.... People can add to it as they see fit lol

I'm only up to page 14, I'm almost crying here! His love in for Sulaiman Al Fahim was quite brilliant, but this one has just almost finished me, I'd completely forgotten about it.

Not going to happen, certainly not signing Eto'o/ Villa etc but wouldn't be surprised to see Maradona acting as some sort of "ambassador" (call it what you want) for PFC as he is allegedly quite good friends with Al Fahim.

You're right though TDD, I shouldn't clutter this board with nonsense, it should be a new thread.

Yes, all tough questions are from rivals. Like those pesky rivals who set your GCSE questions no doubt.

Would happily see PFC get a billionaire owner and a couple of promotions in exchange for vile, incompetent thick little fcknuggets like Allen to disappear.

But he wouldn't dissappear would he? he'd be the same irritating crap stirring, Julias Streicher-wannabe that he always has been....but now with a club with money and in the top flight giving him a platform for his vile, one-sided rants.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})