Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

He hasn't found me. I post every now and then.

Same here, over 200 posts and reached vary levels of "likes". Throw in a few comments about being the "bestest" and obvious stuff after games agreeing with others about certain players performances and having a go at the ref/ other team taking "us" far more seriously than others in this division, before throwing the odd upper cut about disappointing crowds, over paid players and getting rid of Appy.

Ain't rocket science, waiting for Fratts to pick me out, seeing as I've been registered there for a number of years I look forward to his feeble attempts and getting rid of a few innocent Skates as "cannon fodder" before he gets to me!

The thread owes us a laugh. The smiles generated by the suggestion that portpin are about to take over, need replacing with belly laughs when they actually do.

It will likely bring a lull to the thread, but the minus ten and hopeful relegation should keep us going, but whatever the outcome, the thread will be reborn in 24 months, when the final parachtue payment is paid and the football creditors demand their cash.

They banned my The Laughing Man login in the end, but only by default after I had a raging rant at one of them and was banned for the abuse. I'd racked up some likes and had some PMs too. They haven't got my other login yet though, which will never have posted from the same IPs as The Laughing Man.

Judging by the number from here who are regulars on POL, we have to be making up quite a percentage of their regulars! :)

They banned my The Laughing Man login in the end, but only by default after I had a raging rant at one of them and was banned for the abuse. I'd racked up some likes and had some PMs too. They haven't got my other login yet though, which will never have posted from the same IPs as The Laughing Man.

Judging by the number from here who are regulars on POL, we have to be making up quite a percentage of their regulars! :)

The Laughing Man was one of my favoruites! So obviously an infiltrator but they just didn't twig; top work Ess.

The thread owes us a laugh. The smiles generated by the suggestion that portpin are about to take over, need replacing with belly laughs when they actually do.

It will likely bring a lull to the thread, but the minus ten and hopeful relegation should keep us going, but whatever the outcome, the thread will be reborn in 24 months, when the final parachtue payment is paid and the football creditors demand their cash.

I am not so sure they will go down with the -10. They have cheated their way to a 'competitive' squad now and would only be 8 points (I think) from safety and the fixture computer has been relatively kind to them for the next few games so they could pick up points.

Fartoniser is STILL claiming he knows who all the faacckinnn scummaahhs are :facepalm:

Christchurchblue said:

At least two of the people who post regularly are scummers.

Frattoniser said:

Yep, that is true, had a conflict with what I think is one earlier

Christchurchblue said:

Its easy to to see (they never have an opinion on the football) but hard to prove.

Frattoniser said:

True again, but we're almost there

Christchurchblue said:

They need finding and dumping.

Frattoniser said:

Already on it, but equally it's sweetest when served cold

:lol: :lol: :facepalm:

Very very tempted to tease him on twitter, but it might give myself away so I won't :D

I'm more than a little concerned that theer appears to be a skate in Christchurch!!

I am not so sure they will go down with the -10. They have cheated their way to a 'competitive' squad now and would only be 8 points (I think) from safety and the fixture computer has been relatively kind to them for the next few games so they could pick up points.

I think it depends when they actually get taken over. There are a number of signs pointing to the possibility that their current players are being paid wages that are simply not sustainable within the business plans of either the trust or Portpin. Birch has got them on month to month contracts and it will become the new owners' responsibility to bring the wage bill into shape once he's left; there are signs that may be a very tough ask:

- at the beginning of summer Portpin indicated they would progress with a wage bill of £4K per player per week.

- Appleton attracted and took on pre-season a number of players (including Brian Howard, Lee Williamson, Luke Rodgers, Izale McLeod etc etc) with that budget figure in mind. Brian Howard stated that he turned down a 3 year contract offer from a Championship club; Lee Williamson turned down a £3.5K per week offer from Sheffield United.

- a few days before the start of the league season, Portpin formally announced that they wouldn't sustain a £4K budget, and the new budget would actually be £1.5K per player per week.

- Appleton went to the press and proclaimed that Pompey would definitely be relegated with that budget, that it had totally scuppered his plans, and he now had to go out and find 20 new players that he could afford within that wage bill, as the ones he had were recruited on the promise of the orignal budget figure.

- still, in the following 3 or 4 days, Pompey signed 10 players that had been involved with them at various points through pre-season, a good deal of them right from the start.

- Appleton has often proclaimed that Pompey's wage budget was in the bottom 2 or 3 clubs in the division. This is clearly either a daft mistake or an outright lie. Even if we take Portpin's wage budget of £1.5K per player per week, that is well in excess of many clubs in the division. Including Crawley, Walsall and Yeovil whose management have all been very forward in stating that Pompey are attracting players that many other clubs in the league simply cannot afford.

- even now Pompey are attracting players like Akos Buszacky from QPR (who turned down a 1 year deal with QPR to go month to month with pompey). Appleton claims that Buszacky has accepted a minimal wage, which kind of contradicts rumours that Bristol City and Barsnley both failed with deals for the player.

So I think there's a very dangerous risk that Birch is still operating on the original £4K per player per week budget, and is using the parachute payment received in September to fund this (and PKF's ever increasing bills, of course). When the club moves into the hands of new owners, there may be sme very difficult decisions to be taken regarding the level of the playing staff budget.

Also, Tricky Trev's bills as of August 16th stood at £1.3M, plus another £550K in legal and other associated costs. Since then PKF have managed the bid process and it's fairly likely that the total bills will have surpassed £2.5M by now. These bills will be paid first when a takeover goes through, and unfortunately for the Trust, that's money that they had previously budgetted to run the club, keep it solvent, and be able to afford the player deferral payments.

In short, Pompey could be in deep sh*t. Not only could they have an unsutainable wage bill, they'll be saddled with -10 points and perhaps have to recruit a team of players they can actually afford (or, God forbid, play the youth team).

http://pompeypages.com/2012/10/02/pst-statement-10-points-for-consideration-and-all-to-play-for/

The Pompey Supporters’ Trust have issued the following statement:

Iain McInnes is the proposed Chairman of Portsmouth Football Club, under the PST takeover plan. He is one of six major backers of the bid and is a passionate Pompey fan.

Until now Iain has kept his own counsel upon the whole process, in preference of striving and delivering a conjoined and fully funded bid by the PST.

Today, he speaks out to put the record straight on the bid, confirming to all supporters some crucial details whilst unashamedly leading a riposte against its detractors and critics.

The facts…

1) A competitive bid by its very nature must be confidential. Therefore after months of planning and thousands of man hours we have delivered one credible solution. We neither desired nor expected to be bidding against a body of people responsible for creating a position that threatens the very existence of our club, but that is what we have been faced with and responded to. We welcome and encourage comment from all, but will not accept uninformed prejudice from any.

2) A Trust divided within itself? Never has it been my privilege to work alongside such a committed and loyal group. A number have suffered both personal and health issues attributable to their involvement. We may have different ideas like any passionate group of football fans, but we have common hopes and values. The unthinkable alternative seems to involve one idea and negotiable values.

3) Our bid has been analysed, accepted and may well be adopted by PKF, The Football League, PFA and the PCC. Any comment to the contrary is simply a lie.

It needs to be recorded in this bid, where too often arrogance diminishes wisdom, that all of the above parties have shown us respect, encouragement, support and shared information, but with a complete absence of prejudice or partisanship.

4) All the major investor funds, together with the initial pledge money, have been in a dedicated escrow account for some weeks now. There is also a separate established contingency for the purpose of contesting the likelihood of litigation.

5) All the money invested will be, by way of equity and not loans at uncompetitive interest rates as has all too often been the case in the past. All the major investors have waived any entitlement to returns of any kind. It will represent the highest level of ‘non debt’ investment in PFC for some time. In essence ‘the money stays in’.

Of course, a Trust owned club also needs fans’ donations, so please pledge like mad when the prospectus arrives.

We cannot collect these funds until we have bid acceptance of course, but be ready and willing nonetheless.

6) The compatible agreement with our property partner offers the lowest rental on a 10 year lease (indeed nil in year 1) from any source past, present and I will take a flyer at the future with the guarantee to return Fratton Park to PFC ownership, possibly within a year contingent on receipt of planning.

7) Our bid is based upon a competitive player budget :facepalm: , but importantly one that is discussed, agreed and implemented by the manager, consistent with our finances and supplemented by any improved performance. The least a manager deserves.

Home grown talent will be the core of our future success and at the centre of our financial planning ongoing.

8 ) There is much to criticise in the husbandry of the club as it stands, partly a factor of administration and uncertainty. However, there is vast opportunity within both the dedicated staff themselves allied to more progressive and motivational management in promoting the PFC brand and the ‘match day’ experience. We are engaged in scouting and interviewing management capable to achieve this.

9) The club will be run by a performance motivated and talented Management team. An experienced CEO with day-to-day control alongside a Sales and Marketing Director and Financial Controller. We would expect the Football Manager to have a more integrated role in the running of the club.

These job roles would report closely into a Board constituting a Chairman and Directors, reflective of business experience, ownership and of course Trust and fan participation.

We then have the huge advantage of an ‘Advisory Board’ with recorded success and broad ranging experience to call upon for any matters of a suitable nature. Indeed I very much feel the runt of the litter!

10) Now it’s the decision of The Football League and the application of rules they laid down. All I can tell you is the day the PST bid team met at The Football League HQ, we were the only bid in town. I think the other was withdrawn. Although courteous and I think relieved they had a bid to survey, all the same they were probing, considered, challenging and discerning. If these criteria are maintained, there is likely to be only one outcome.

Ultimately it is our club in their hands.

Finally whatever the outcome, we are Pompey fans first and foremost. We should treat acceptance with humility and grace, for there is much to be achieved.

If the outcome goes against us, we still have a club to support and we will have to stop finding faults and find remedies through what is likely to be a difficult period for everyone. A lot can be achieved by talking directly, rather than about each other.

All I would respectfully say to Balu is ‘you can’t shake hands with a clenched fist’.

Edited by trousers

http://pompeypages.com/2012/10/02/pst-statement-10-points-for-consideration-and-all-to-play-for/

The Pompey Supporters’ Trust have issued the following statement:

Iain McInnes is the proposed Chairman of Portsmouth Football Club, under the PST takeover plan. He is one of six major backers of the bid and is a passionate Pompey fan.

Until now Iain has kept his own counsel upon the whole process, in preference of striving and delivering a conjoined and fully funded bid by the PST.

Today, he speaks out to put the record straight on the bid, confirming to all supporters some crucial details whilst unashamedly leading a riposte against its detractors and critics.

The facts…

1) A competitive bid by its very nature must be confidential. Therefore after months of planning and thousands of man hours we have delivered one credible solution. We neither desired nor expected to be bidding against a body of people responsible for creating a position that threatens the very existence of our club, but that is what we have been faced with and responded to. We welcome and encourage comment from all, but will not accept uninformed prejudice from any.

2) A Trust divided within itself? Never has it been my privilege to work alongside such a committed and loyal group. A number have suffered both personal and health issues attributable to their involvement. We may have different ideas like any passionate group of football fans, but we have common hopes and values. The unthinkable alternative seems to involve one idea and negotiable values.

3) Our bid has been analysed, accepted and may well be adopted by PKF, The Football League, PFA and the PCC. Any comment to the contrary is simply a lie.

It needs to be recorded in this bid, where too often arrogance diminishes wisdom, that all of the above parties have shown us respect, encouragement, support and shared information, but with a complete absence of prejudice or partisanship.

4) All the major investor funds, together with the initial pledge money, have been in a dedicated escrow account for some weeks now. There is also a separate established contingency for the purpose of contesting the likelihood of litigation.

5) All the money invested will be, by way of equity and not loans at uncompetitive interest rates as has all too often been the case in the past. All the major investors have waived any entitlement to returns of any kind. It will represent the highest level of ‘non debt’ investment in PFC for some time. In essence ‘the money stays in’.

Of course, a Trust owned club also needs fans’ donations, so please pledge like mad when the prospectus arrives.

We cannot collect these funds until we have bid acceptance of course, but be ready and willing nonetheless.

6) The compatible agreement with our property partner offers the lowest rental on a 10 year lease (indeed nil in year 1) from any source past, present and I will take a flyer at the future with the guarantee to return Fratton Park to PFC ownership, possibly within a year contingent on receipt of planning.

7) Our bid is based upon a competitive player budget , but importantly one that is discussed, agreed and implemented by the manager, consistent with our finances and supplemented by any improved performance. The least a manager deserves.

Home grown talent will be the core of our future success and at the centre of our financial planning ongoing.

8 ) There is much to criticise in the husbandry of the club as it stands, partly a factor of administration and uncertainty. However, there is vast opportunity within both the dedicated staff themselves allied to more progressive and motivational management in promoting the PFC brand and the ‘match day’ experience. We are engaged in scouting and interviewing management capable to achieve this.

9) The club will be run by a performance motivated and talented Management team. An experienced CEO with day-to-day control alongside a Sales and Marketing Director and Financial Controller. We would expect the Football Manager to have a more integrated role in the running of the club.

These job roles would report closely into a Board constituting a Chairman and Directors, reflective of business experience, ownership and of course Trust and fan participation.

We then have the huge advantage of an ‘Advisory Board’ with recorded success and broad ranging experience to call upon for any matters of a suitable nature. Indeed I very much feel the runt of the litter!

10) Now it’s the decision of The Football League and the application of rules they laid down. All I can tell you is the day the PST bid team met at The Football League HQ, we were the only bid in town. I think the other was withdrawn. Although courteous and I think relieved they had a bid to survey, all the same they were probing, considered, challenging and discerning. If these criteria are maintained, there is likely to be only one outcome.

Ultimately it is our club in their hands.

Finally whatever the outcome, we are Pompey fans first and foremost. We should treat acceptance with humility and grace, for there is much to be achieved.

If the outcome goes against us, we still have a club to support and we will have to stop finding faults and find remedies through what is likely to be a difficult period for everyone. A lot can be achieved by talking directly, rather than about each other.

All I would respectfully say to Balu is ‘you can’t shake hands with a clenched fist’.

That answers Kraken's point above.

Portpin said roughly the same thing buried in their PR guff last week. Birch's expensive temps will be out the door as soon as the purchase deal is done.

It's actually a half decent statement / letter but there are a couple of points worth exploring

1) The bid must be confidential. Really? The first bid they put in was publically available. That was the one that slashed the football creditors (Already compromised) compromise agreements, to around a massive 25% of what had been agreed (A cynic, might suggest that they wanted to use the rest of the parachute money, to sign better players on bigger wages as opposed to pay the hero's and legends (pompey fans words) that tore up their contracts to save the club. And of course the very same bid that was laughed out of town. The new confidential bid is supposed to cover the missing 6 million - Just a shame it's confidential and no one can see it.

2) So this property developer is going to buy the ground from Chanrai for 2.7 million, which Chanrai has rejected and will defend in court.... Not charge the pst rent for the first year and then give them back the ground, once they have planning permission to develop on the land they already own.....and all within a year? What jolly nice property developers they must be. Unfortuneatly my business acumen, doesn't extend to the point of being able to find any commercial sense or viability in that arrangement at all - I will have to just stick at being a nutjob.

POMPEY CHIEF AGEES TO HOLD CRISIS PROBE

Portsmouth Chairman John Deacon has agreed to an independent enquiry into the financial affairs of the club who are in danger of having to fold up if they cannot raise £25,000 by November 1st

Daily Mirror Thursday 16th September 1976

Nothing changes!

Gemmel - to be fair to the trust (I'm feeling magnanimous today lol), when they submitted their first bid they were the only game in town weren't they? This second bid will be in competition with Chanrai's, so they would want to keep their cards close to their chest.

So I guess they're justified in pleading 'commercial in confidence'

POMPEY CHIEF AGEES TO HOLD CRISIS PROBE

Portsmouth Chairman John Deacon has agreed to an independent enquiry into the financial affairs of the club who are in danger of having to fold up if they cannot raise £25,000 by November 1st

Daily Mirror Thursday 16th September 1976

Nothing changes!

Agent Deacon a Southampton Councillor i think

It's actually a half decent statement / letter but there are a couple of points worth exploring

1) The bid must be confidential. Really? The first bid they put in was publically available. That was the one that slashed the football creditors (Already compromised) compromise agreements, to around a massive 25% of what had been agreed (A cynic, might suggest that they wanted to use the rest of the parachute money, to sign better players on bigger wages as opposed to pay the hero's and legends (pompey fans words) that tore up their contracts to save the club. And of course the very same bid that was laughed out of town. The new confidential bid is supposed to cover the missing 6 million - Just a shame it's confidential and no one can see it.

2) So this property developer is going to buy the ground from Chanrai for 2.7 million, which Chanrai has rejected and will defend in court.... Not charge the pst rent for the first year and then give them back the ground, once they have planning permission to develop on the land they already own.....and all within a year? What jolly nice property developers they must be. Unfortuneatly my business acumen, doesn't extend to the point of being able to find any commercial sense or viability in that arrangement at all - I will have to just stick at being a nutjob.

Best not be, seeing as I am one of the "bestest" that made a pledge (ready to withdrawal at the last minute whilst laughing at their feeble attempts to get me to pay up) I'll insist on seeing all the details of where "my money" is going to be spent.

What % of take ups did they expect? Wasn't it based on some lazy Pareto 80% take up/ 20% drop out number? It's been a long time since the original members pledged, a lot can happen in that time, boilers break, Car repairs, daughters get pregnant, redundancies at work etc. Think my excuse will be a simple "decided to take up kite surfing in an attempt to join Team GB in their assault of Brazil in 2016 and sponsorship is hard to come by".

Will email now asking, no actually demanding transparancy and see what response I get!

We cannot collect these funds until we have bid acceptance of course

Why not? Surely it puts them in a stronger negotiating position if they've got confirmed converted pledges in the form of ACTUAL money rather than the pretend money they have at the moment?

That answers Kraken's point above.

Portpin said roughly the same thing buried in their PR guff last week. Birch's expensive temps will be out the door as soon as the purchase deal is done.

Just what 'home grown talent' do they think they will have. Anyone half decent will have been snapped up by us or Brighton as we can offer far better facilities than some council park full of dog sh1t!

Why not? Surely it puts them in a stronger negotiating position if they've got confirmed converted pledges in the form of ACTUAL money rather than the pretend money they have at the moment?

Think you've answered your own question there Steve. The recent bluster about 80% of pledges paying up is exactly that, bluster. Makes their negotiating position stronger than if they get a 40%+ drop out which I personally predict.

It could actually get rather embarrassing for a lot of "pledgers", all well and good giving it the big one in the pub and joining a syndicate, anyone that has collected for a stag do/ holiday/ away day from a large group knows there are always a few with good intentions but a nightmare to get to pay up! As for the full pledgers, finding £900 that you have to accept you will never see again when you can just anonymously say "sorry, give me back the £97.50 as I can't afford it due to X reason" will be just too big a temptation. A lot has happened since the first big waves of pledges were made, and it's become quite clear that PFC is a bottomless pit that needs wiping out and starting again in the lower leagues run properly.

Also, of course, the main person in that statement, Iain McInnes, the proposed chairman of Portsmouth Football Club - I'm not aware of the trust members having voted for him to assume that role... :suspicious:

Just a reminder from Pompey's own forum about the esteemed Mr McInnes - their words, not mine

Posted 02 Aug 2012 16:49

Iain McInnes - Fit and Proper Person?

Pompey Supporters Trust revealed today their prospective new chairman - Iain McInnes.

He has an interesting business record...

14 dissolved companies and 1 liquidation! Is he really the best person they could find for the role? See link below.

Given Pompey fans continue to mention the fit and proper person test, is this the sort of businessman you want at your club after what has gone on in the past?

From http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=424&fid=203&sty=2&act=1&mid=2114344497

How can they pledge to put home-developed talent at the core of their future development?

I might well have missed something, but wasn't it part of the trust's plans to scrap the academy?

No actually they expect the academy to be self supporting by selling on the wonderful talent it will bring through. Failing that local business will sponsor it so the Trust need make no provision for it. :lol:

Despite all the rivalry I actually hope the PST manage to pull it off - would carry on giving us plenty of laughs for one thing but I'm really sceptical about their model.

It is £1k you'll never see again. Never ever. For the vast majority that is a considerable amount not easily written off. But the main problem is that success or failure is not impacted by one individual which gives rise to freeloading i.e. if a target was set for £5m of funds being raised one individual pulling out their £1k isn't going to make or break the deal - £4,999k will do. Plenty of people will pull out because they'll reason that they can save their £1k and enough other people put up then they'll be able to carry on OK.

Just a reminder from Pompey's own forum about the esteemed Mr McInnes - their words, not mine

Pompey Supporters Trust revealed today their prospective new chairman - Iain McInnes.

14 dissolved companies and 1 liquidation! Is he really the best person they could find for the role? See link below.

Given Pompey fans continue to mention the fit and proper person test, is this the sort of businessman you want at your club after what has gone on in the past?

From http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=424&fid=203&sty=2&act=1&mid=2114344497

The stock Pompey fan answer to that one is: "ah, but Richard Branson has dissolved and liquidated more companies than that"

Altogether now... :facepalm:

http://www.bne.eu/story4048/Antonov_threatens_to_sue_Lithuania_for_lost_assets

After authorities seized Snoras in November following the discovery of a massive hole in its balance sheet, Lithuania had the bank declared bankrupt in December. Antonov and Baranauskas have been unable to explain the disappearance of LTL4bn (€1.158bn) from the bank, and Lithuania and Latvia - which found a hole of several hundred million at Krajbanka - are racing each other to track down and seize Antonov's assets around the globe.

There's a tatty old football ground down the road they could seize to claw some of it back...

Edited by trousers

Just what 'home grown talent' do they think they will have. Anyone half decent will have been snapped up by us or Brighton as we can offer far better facilities than some council park full of dog sh1t!

Do keep up. Appy's constantly having to field calls from England selectors trying to tempt his precocious young talent away on international duty.

to be fair to him, this doesn't necessarily mean that the companies were insolvent.

Neil Allen ‏@pn_neil_allen

Yeovil's first-half showing has to be comfortably the most abject I have seen from a side so far this season. #Pompey

A team living within its means, being mocked by the sports editor of a team who should be but is continuing to cheat their way up the league. It's disgusting. Neil should be ashamed, but it's quite apparent that none of them care.

Neil Allen ‏@pn_neil_allen

Yeovil's first-half showing has to be comfortably the most abject I have seen from a side so far this season. #Pompey

A team living within its means, being mocked by the sports editor of a team who should be but is continuing to cheat their way up the league. It's disgusting. Neil should be ashamed, but it's quite apparent that none of them care.

Indeed. If only plucky Yeovil had had the presence of mind to sign a premier league standard player this week....trouble is they all want to play for League One giants Pompey for next to nothing.... #andmymumisbobbydavro

Edited by trousers

Indeed. If only plucky Yeovil had had the presence of mind to sign a premier league standard player this week....

surely..if and when the takeover is sorted..be it by chinny or the trust...these types of signings cannot continue..? they cant keep signing people on 1 month contracts..?

Couldn't give a fck about their ownership, whining and what the future may or may not hold for them, I just want to know why the football authorities allow blatant cheating like that. How can anyone keep a straight face when a team writing off that many creditors millions, with no owner, no value and in administration STILL outbids the rest of the league for players? It's a fcking joke of a sport at the moment.

as incredible as it sounds, they seem to have complete impunity while they are in administration. It is ironically only when they come out of administration that the new owners will be subject to scrutiny by the Football League (as if that will ever happen, heard it all before).

Sh*thouse of a club with a fanbase who once again are sticking their fingers in their ears and chasing the "competitive" option. You only have to see the reaction on their forums to accusations that they're (yet again) outspending the rest of the league and living beyond their means; they jump down the throat of anyone that dares suggest it (including other League 1 club managers).

I thought Stuart Robinson was offering the Skate Trust a £3m loan? He seems to have become a "property developer partner" and now will be acquiring the ground or is it just security for that loan? Very good of him to offer a 0% interest rate, I assume because he is a supporter, but is that rate dependent on it being paid off within 12 months (didn't spot that in the original PST budget) or is it open ended?

What a joke this whole situation is. The FA should be ashamed of themselves. Everytime I check, they seem to have signed a new player. Absolute insult to other clubs in that league. How is this being allowed to happen whereby they are signing all these proven players on clearly higher wages than they ought to be paying. The buszaky thing is an absolute disgrace

cheat skates get another 3 points :facepalm:

Living up to their DFCSB tag :facepalm:

Relating to matters to the PST statement from Iain whatever his name is, here's a quote from POL

this is not a valedictory statement by Iain. I see no reason why we can't win this battle and, thus, this war. The next battle will be running the club and trying to create the club it can be... ;)

:facepalm: :facepalm:

They still think that they're a 'sleeping giant', what with their massive history and bestest fans in the world :facepalm:

When they come out of admin their player problems will begin.

All of them will want some sort of security and are only playing on month to month contracts because of the usual pompey promises of something better later (we all know what a pompey promise is worth)

It's easy to give Howard £4k a week when they only have to commit to one month at a time. Come out of admin and he'll expect his 2 year contract (worth £400k) along with the other 19 players, then the sh1t will hit the fan. Don't think BC or the trust's budget will stretch to £8m.

BC won't throw good money after bad and no bank is going to give the trust an overdraft so they can spend beyond their means on players.

.....I can't wait

:)

What a joke this whole situation is. The FA should be ashamed of themselves. Everytime I check, they seem to have signed a new player. Absolute insult to other clubs in that league. How is this being allowed to happen whereby they are signing all these proven players on clearly higher wages than they ought to be paying. The buszaky thing is an absolute disgrace

The man in charge (TB) is signing the cheques - he's spending BC's money.

As I said above - when they come out of administration the fun will begin

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})