I have met Harry Kerr through my work. He does not have the money to buy the fish fu ck ers! And that is saying something!

I know Harry Kerr and whilst he may not have the money himself he clearly does have contacts with well off individuals who would have the funds needed to buy the Skates. I think you will find Harry is organising the bid rather than raising the money himself.

I know Harry Kerr and whilst he may not have the money himself he clearly does have contacts with well off individuals who would have the funds needed to buy the Skates. I think you will find Harry is organising the bid rather than raising the money himself.

Knowing Corky as I do he will know all the wealthy folk you mention & will be all over it like a rash.

More like 80%. :)

Its all about trying to 'Up' the Fratton Park valuation, no more no less. The powers that be know whats going on and what they are dealing with. At the end of the day the choice is going to be which will raise the most money for the creditors.

1) Liquidation, little value here for anyone.

2) Chainrai, good on paper, but serious suspicions (I am being careful for obvious reasons) as to motives and delivery of promises.

3) PST - Hugely ambitious, well meaning, gonna be a big ask to succeed, but I believe it will.

There is a lot of goodwill towards the trust. I am proud to be a very small part of it. I can honestly say hand on heart that if Portpin take over I will not go and neither will anyone use our season tickets.

Yeah, yeah ,yeah...:rolleyes:

So kind of like a Skate Tony Lynam then? :lol:

Birch runs a really boring administration, he hasn't even signed autographs yet, AA was a laugh a minute compared with this guy.

Five bids, yet nothings happening!

Thankfully Appy has been on the delusion juice again to keep the comedy going.

Appleton saw more than enough to convince him Michalik and Gyepes will be his preferred central-defensive partnership.

The pair of them were up against some good, good centre-forwards on Tuesday night, let’s not beat around the bush,’ said Appleton.

Swindon’s strikers are up there with anything in the division and I thought they handled them reasonably well.

That's odd, because every pompey fan I've spoken to since said they could have been 7-0 down at half time, and the two of them looked like overfilled oil tankers that had run aground.

Birch runs a really boring administration, he hasn't even signed autographs yet, AA was a laugh a minute compared with this guy.

Five bids, yet nothings happening!

Thankfully Appy has been on the delusion juice again to keep the comedy going.

Appleton saw more than enough to convince him Michalik and Gyepes will be his preferred central-defensive partnership.

The pair of them were up against some good, good centre-forwards on Tuesday night, let’s not beat around the bush,’ said Appleton.

Swindon’s strikers are up there with anything in the division and I thought they handled them reasonably well.

That's odd, because every pompey fan I've spoken to since said they could have been 7-0 down at half time, and the two of them looked like overfilled oil tankers that had run aground.

Funnily enough one of my skate friends saw this quote. Even he admitted it made Cotterill look realistic

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by POS viewpost-right.png

I can honestly say hand on heart that if Portpin take over I will not go and neither will anyone use our season tickets.

[/b]

Yeah, yeah ,yeah...:rolleyes:

To be fair to POS, would you bother turning up to watch utter tripe getting walloped every week in the Wessex league?

Of course, that'll happen (if they're lucky enough to survive that long) Chinny takeover or not. :D

Conversation earlier:

Pompey Fan - I've been given a ticket to your game on Saturday.

Me - That's lucky for you.

Pompey Fan - Yes. I did wonder if I should bother going though, it might be a bit pointless. (He chuckled while emphasising the word 'pointless' here in the hope I'd get his joke)

Me - Oh. Well technically you currently have minus 5 points.

At this point (ha ha) I turned to the woman I was working with and explained that he supported Portsmouth. She looked at him and said:

"Do Portsmouth still even have a club?"

There was no coming back for him from there. If someone with a passing interest in football thinks your club no longer exists you really have slipped off the radar.

I've had a chat tonight with the woman trying to set up a phoenix club. She is a friend of a friend of a friend.

Hilarious. She has nearly £500k ready to go on a phoenix club, she says. (mainly from 8 or 9 pledges)

She backs the Trust bid but explained that "anyone remotely serious describes them as a hard-working but totally lamentable group of innumerate fruitcakes"

I've had a chat tonight with the woman trying to set up a phoenix club. She is a friend of a friend of a friend.

Hilarious. She has nearly £500k ready to go on a phoenix club, she says. (mainly from 8 or 9 pledges)

She backs the Trust bid but explained that "anyone remotely serious describes them as a hard-working but totally lamentable group of innumerate fruitcakes"

Didn't know there was anyone trying to do this. How far has she got? Why no publicity?

The gift that keeps giving.....

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/bids-are-flying-in-as-pompey-get-to-their-end-game-1-4287259

The sixth bid has only just been made, but the unnamed consortium behind it would have to make a high offer in order to move in front of either Portpin or the PST at this late stage.

Rumours flying around the Fratton Park terraces name a seventh bid – a consortium which tried to buy Newcastle United in 2007 – but those whispers have been quashed.

Didn't know empty blue seats could talk.

I do enjoy a well-turned phrase. "A hard-working but totally lamentable group of innumerate fruitcakes" is a good one.

The gift that keeps giving.....

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/bids-are-flying-in-as-pompey-get-to-their-end-game-1-4287259

The sixth bid has only just been made, but the unnamed consortium behind it would have to make a high offer in order to move in front of either Portpin or the PST at this late stage.

Rumours flying around the Fratton Park terraces name a seventh bid – a consortium which tried to buy Newcastle United in 2007 – but those whispers have been quashed.

Didn't know empty blue seats could talk.

Has it been put on eBay? why so many bids all of a sudden

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/howard-issues-honest-assessment-on-his-pompey-start-1-4286299

Another issue for some of the players is the status of a club like Pompey as they adjust to life in League One.

Howard said: ‘It’s a big club and some of the lads have got to get their heads around that.

‘Some teams will come to Fratton Park and it will be like a cup final for them. We saw that with Walsall and Oldham.

:facepalm:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/howard-issues-honest-assessment-on-his-pompey-start-1-4286299

Another issue for some of the players is the status of a club like Pompey as they adjust to life in League One.

Howard said: ‘It’s a big club and some of the lads have got to get their heads around that.

‘Some teams will come to Fratton Park and it will be like a cup final for them. We saw that with Walsall and Oldham.

:facepalm:

Yes, Walsall and Oldham were both really overawed by playing at Fortress Fratton :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can no longer laugh at the delusional crap that comes out in that paper... I used to laugh, but the thing is... they actually, genuinely believe it. It's vile.

They really do... They really believe they are some mega, giant, super Club in league 1....despite the 10k fans they now have, they are the best 10k fans ever in the history of football..

The last couple of threads got me thinking. Whilst we wait for the PST to receive preffered bidder status, I wanna get peoples thoughts. Every clubs fans have many with delusions of granduer. It doesnt make any of it true, but seriously, humour me here and give me your own perceptions, Lazy media perceptions and then what you truelly believe, for both sets of clubs & supporters. Here are mine;

Perceptions of Fans (Right or wrong).

Pompey Fans

Pompey Fans think; They are the most passionate around, Noisy, a bit tasty and Loyal.

The media thinks; Pompey Are Gutsy, Noisy, Loyal, Crisis riden money-spunkers.

The realisty (Probably is); Pompey are Noisy, beligerant, Interesting, low-brow, evoke strong opinions, Fan numbers not especially loyal, working to under class backgrounds, unimaginative and a little bit racist/homophobic/conservative.

Saints Fans

Saints Fans think; Saints a BIG club with a fantastic youth academy, massive potential, large away followings and they support a club whose 'rightful' place is in the big league.

The media thinks; They really dont seem that interested, see's Saints as a bit boring. Acknowlege Saints a great place for bringing through talent oh and MLT.

The reality (Probably is); Excellent academy, well supported, diverse support, very arrogant, not very vocal, Been amongst the top clubs a long time, sanctamonious, lacking an identity, uneventful and a bit non-descript.

The last couple of threads got me thinking. Whilst we wait for the PST to receive preffered bidder status, I wanna get peoples thoughts. Every clubs fans have many with delusions of granduer. It doesnt make any of it true, but seriously, humour me here and give me your own perceptions, Lazy media perceptions and then what you truelly believe, for both sets of clubs & supporters. Here are mine;

Perceptions of Fans (Right or wrong).

Pompey Fans

Pompey Fans think; They are the most passionate around, Noisy, a bit tasty and Loyal.

The media thinks; Pompey Are Gutsy, Noisy, Loyal, Crisis riden money-spunkers.

The realisty (Probably is); Pompey are Noisy, beligerant, Interesting, low-brow, evoke strong opinions, Fan numbers not especially loyal, working to under class backgrounds, unimaginative and a little bit racist/homophobic/conservative.

Saints Fans

Saints Fans think; Saints a BIG club with a fantastic youth academy, massive potential, large away followings and they support a club whose 'rightful' place is in the big league.

The media thinks; They really dont seem that interested, see's Saints as a bit boring. Acknowlege Saints a great place for bringing through talent oh and MLT.

The reality (Probably is); Excellent academy, well supported, diverse support, very arrogant, not very vocal, Been amongst the top clubs a long time, sanctamonious, lacking an identity, uneventful and a bit non-descript.

I'll leave it to others, in responding to the above crap. You really are delusional PES, up there with the best of your six fingered, heavily gilled relations.

As far as WUMs go PES, its not bad but a bit too obvious to get many genuine bites.

Only a delusional Saints fan would tell you we're a big club with enormous potential. We're a big enough club to consider that the Premier League is our level (i.e. we attract enough fans to be run sustainably rather than having 20K fans and relying on investment). The media interest in us is fairly equal in comparison to other clubs our size; in simple terms, we're not in the group of elite champions league clubs, and we're not in the 3 or 4 clubs outside that (Liverpool, Spurs, Newcastle); therefore the Premier League don't really give a sh*t about us.

I do enjoy it when fans of small clubs tell Saints fans that they're arrogant; simply for pointing out that we're a bigger club than them. A cup each aside, both Saints and Pompey haven't really won anything noteworthy in 2 or 3 generations; but in general comparison terms our fanbase, facilities and league standing show that we're a bigger club than you. That's not arrogance, its a simple fact. In contrast, we're a tiny club compared to others in our league, so it matters little who is the biggest south coast team, its like 2 bald blokes arguing over a comb, no-one outside of the county cares.

As for not very vocal, it must have been a different saints crowd that Gary Neville kept eulogising about when we played United. We're not the loudest set of supporters by any stretch, but then we have never claimed to be anything of the sort, and we don't hang our hats on convincing ourselves it is such in some mistakenly deluded quest to feel good about ourselves.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})