Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Yep, there was a pretty big court case a year or so ago, and BC took around £18m from Gaydamak snr. Is Gaydamak going to take a hit for the good of the club and to the benefit of BC? Can't see it. I'd be fairly confident that the Gaydamak debt is to Daddy anyway and, if it's secured, then he's gonna want his pound of flesh.

Common sense says that there's no way back as the Gaydamaks need the money and hate BC. Two birds one stone.

Gut feel.....it's brinkmanship and a deal will be agreed.

The only other factor I can think of is that neither BC or Gaydamak have any emotional ties to Pompey. If one did then you could see a bit of give. However....

Sept 2009

http://archive.globes.co.il/searchgl/Court%20orders%20Gaydamak%20to%20pay%20Kushnir,%20Chainrai%20$23m_h_hd_2L34nDZaqDbmnC30mDJ0mC34sBcXqRMm0.html

The Tel Aviv District Court yesterday ordered Arcadi Gaydamak to pay NIS 100 million to Levi Kushnir and Balram Chainrai, a British citizen. Gaydamak did not file a statement of defense in the lawsuit filed by the two businessmen against him.

Judge Avi Zamir ordered Gaydamak to pay each of the plaintiffs $11.4 million, plus interest from the date the lawsuit was filed in July 2008, and NIS 500,000 in court costs.

AND

June 2010

http://archive.globes.co.il/searchgl/Gaydamak%20avoids%20bankruptcy%20with%20settlement_h_hd_2L34oCJWoCbmnC30mDJOuEJOtBcXqRMm0.html

Arcadi Gaydamak has reached an out-of-court settlement with Balram Chainrai and Kital Holdings & International Development Ltd., following which the Tel Aviv District Court cancelled Chainrai and Kital's petition to declare Gaydamak bankrupt.

In March 2010, the court accepted Chainrai and Kital's petition and issued bankruptcy warning against Gaydamak in the amount of NIS 90 million. Gaydamak was ordered to pay Chainrai $23 million, plus interest from the date of the Supreme Court ruling against Gaydamak in September 2008. Gaydamak was also ordered to pay court costs.

Payback time for Sept 2009 and June 2010 ?

Yep, there was a pretty big court case a year or so ago, and BC took around £18m from Gaydamak snr. Is Gaydamak going to take a hit for the good of the club and to the benefit of BC? Can't see it. I'd be fairly confident that the Gaydamak debt is to Daddy anyway and, if it's secured, then he's gonna want his pound of flesh.

Common sense says that there's no way back as the Gaydamaks need the money and hate BC. Two birds one stone.

The only other factor I can think of is that neither BC or Gaydamak have any emotional ties to Pompey. If one did then you could see a bit of give. However....

Sept 2009

http://archive.globes.co.il/searchgl/Court%20orders%20Gaydamak%20to%20pay%20Kushnir,%20Chainrai%20$23m_h_hd_2L34nDZaqDbmnC30mDJ0mC34sBcXqRMm0.html

The Tel Aviv District Court yesterday ordered Arcadi Gaydamak to pay NIS 100 million to Levi Kushnir and Balram Chainrai, a British citizen. Gaydamak did not file a statement of defense in the lawsuit filed by the two businessmen against him.

Judge Avi Zamir ordered Gaydamak to pay each of the plaintiffs $11.4 million, plus interest from the date the lawsuit was filed in July 2008, and NIS 500,000 in court costs.

AND

June 2010

http://archive.globes.co.il/searchgl/Gaydamak%20avoids%20bankruptcy%20with%20settlement_h_hd_2L34oCJWoCbmnC30mDJOuEJOtBcXqRMm0.html

Arcadi Gaydamak has reached an out-of-court settlement with Balram Chainrai and Kital Holdings & International Development Ltd., following which the Tel Aviv District Court cancelled Chainrai and Kital's petition to declare Gaydamak bankrupt.

In March 2010, the court accepted Chainrai and Kital's petition and issued bankruptcy warning against Gaydamak in the amount of NIS 90 million. Gaydamak was ordered to pay Chainrai $23 million, plus interest from the date of the Supreme Court ruling against Gaydamak in September 2008. Gaydamak was also ordered to pay court costs.

Payback time for Sept 2009 and June 2010 ?

Is it really going to happen then? It all comes down to if the crook makes more money through liquidation or through the admin exit plan. That we don't know but all will be obvious Tuesday.

Do you think they need closure Tuesday / Wednesday as this is pay day perchance?

Is it really going to happen then? It all comes down to if the crook makes more money through liquidation or through the admin exit plan. That we don't know but all will be obvious Tuesday.

Do you think they need closure Tuesday / Wednesday as this is pay day perchance?

However much i would love to see them liquidated and disappear,nothing more than they deserve,i cannot see it happening.

More brinkmanship from AA and Sasha will bow down in the end.Lies and spin from day one all along.

So near..yet so far.

Atleast it goes some way to them admitting they are insolvent and have been for an age.

Edited by saint lard

However much i would love to see them liquidated and disappear,nothing more than they deserve,i cannot see it happening.

More brinkmanship from AA and Sasha will bow down in the end.Lies and spin from day one all along.

So near..yet so far.

Atleast it goes some way to them admitting they are insolvent and have been for an age.

Edited by saint lard

I quote from a mate who is listening to radio in Coventry. There is a lecturerer at Cov uni who is a Skate and he was interviewed.

"He came on the city phone in and said it was unconfirmed breaking news that they had gone bust he has a source within the club, all clubs or city who had already played them would be stripped of there points from that match."

I quote from a mate who is listening to radio in Coventry. There is a lecturerer at Cov uni who is a Skate and he was interviewed.

"He came on the city phone in and said it was unconfirmed breaking news that they had gone bust he has a source within the club, all clubs or city who had already played them would be stripped of there points from that match."

This.

The only way Pompey will be liquidated from what I can see is if Gaydamak is doing Chainrai up like a kipper.

This.

The only way Pompey will be liquidated from what I can see is if Gaydamak is doing Chainrai up like a kipper.

At the end of the day, if they go belly up there is a certain amount of justice to it.

There was no way a small club like Portsmyth could achieve and sustain the 'success' they have enjoyed over the past few seasons; not in the normal course of events. Theirs is not a story about a rare sporting triumph that makes football so compulsive. Theirs is a story about greed, arrogance, and the murky world of international finance.

That the PFC fans couldn't see what was going on, or simply didn't care as the flocked to not sell out their toilet of a ground time after time in the premiership perhaps underlines why they will be the highest league positioned club to go bust.

Good riddance.

At the end of the day, if they go belly up there is a certain amount of justice to it.

There was no way a small club like Portsmyth could achieve and sustain the 'success' they have enjoyed over the past few seasons; not in the normal course of events. Theirs is not a story about a rare sporting triumph that makes football so compulsive. Theirs is a story about greed, arrogance, and the murky world of international finance.

That the PFC fans couldn't see what was going on, or simply didn't care as the flocked to not sell out their toilet of a ground time after time in the premiership perhaps underlines why they will be the highest league positioned club to go bust.

Good riddance.

After supporting Saints for 40 odd years and having had my first experience of Krap Notarf way back in '76 when Micky Channon scored in the 89 min my early feelings were nothing but hatred for the blue few but having worked along side many Skates over the years I enjoyed the mutual banter that I've given and taken and have even developed friendships with some but after the sh*t me and my mates have had to endure on sites over the last 5 years and with them wanting us to fold when we were in the same position a couple of years ago I'm in the 'Fack 'em and good riddance' camp. My only regret is that they will still harp on about the two 4-1's and we'll not get the chance to avenge these results but I guess I can live with that and and there's always Eastleigh to avenge and embarrass them.

After supporting Saints for 40 odd years and having had my first experience of Krap Notarf way back in '76 when Micky Channon scored in the 89 min my early feelings were nothing but hatred for the blue few but having worked along side many Skates over the years I enjoyed the mutual banter that I've given and taken and have even developed friendships with some but after the sh*t me and my mates have had to endure on sites over the last 5 years and with them wanting us to fold when we were in the same position a couple of years ago I'm in the 'Fack 'em and good riddance' camp. My only regret is that they will still harp on about the two 4-1's and we'll not get the chance to avenge these results but I guess I can live with that and and there's always Eastleigh to avenge and embarrass them.

You are the owner of a Humberside Hotel with 17-20 guests of dubious financial credentials. Do you let them stay in the hope they settle their bill in the morning, or kick them out before a breakfast of grilled bread?

You are the owner of a Humberside Hotel with 17-20 guests of dubious financial credentials. Do you let them stay in the hope they settle their bill in the morning, or kick them out before a breakfast of grilled bread?

ask for cash

ask for cash

If it's in Humberside, those are the only kinds of guests you're going to get.

Where is this going exactly?

If it's in Humberside, those are the only kinds of guests you're going to get.

Where is this going exactly?

I don't buy that, the Chanrai sueing Gaydamak thing happened before Chanrai got involved in PFC.

Why would Chanrai get involved with or put himself in a situation where he can be shafted by Gaydamak again? It doesn't make sense.

Gaydamak and Chanrai are working together IMO.

I don't buy that, the Chanrai sueing Gaydamak thing happened before Chanrai got involved in PFC.

Why would Chanrai get involved with or put himself in a situation where he can be shafted by Gaydamak again? It doesn't make sense.

Gaydamak and Chanrai are working together IMO.

I'm sure that the guests will be able to pay for their own rooms and breakfasts - after all they've been paying for their own lunches!

I'm sure that the guests will be able to pay for their own rooms and breakfasts - after all they've been paying for their own lunches!

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})