Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Apparently, plans for AFC Portsmouth are well advanced. They've already been speaking to the football's governing bodies:

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2010/10/22/revealed-plans-for-post-liquidation-portsmouth-afc-‘ready-to-roll’-if-club-goes-under-221011/

I don't see why the argument about having too large a fanbase for non league football so must start in League Two, stands up. What is the logic behind it? They can just restrict the capacity of the stadium and make games all ticket to help with police costs.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Apparently, plans for AFC Portsmouth are well advanced. They've already been speaking to the football's governing bodies:

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2010/10/22/revealed-plans-for-post-liquidation-portsmouth-afc-‘ready-to-roll’-if-club-goes-under-221011/

I don't see why the argument about having too large a fanbase for non league football so must start in League Two, stands up. What is the logic behind it? They can just restrict the capacity of the stadium and make games all ticket to help with police costs.

Edited by Matthew Le God

And where would they play?

Why would they get 15,000 when playing Hemel Hempstead when they could only get about 7500 for the FA cup game against Sunderland. I can also remember the record low away attendances at Sunderland and Wigan, I'm sure the Blue Sq Prem would cope.

They really are rotten to the core.

The fact their fans feel cheated is disgusting.

And where would they play?

Why would they get 15,000 when playing Hemel Hempstead when they could only get about 7500 for the FA cup game against Sunderland. I can also remember the record low away attendances at Sunderland and Wigan, I'm sure the Blue Sq Prem would cope.

They really are rotten to the core.

The fact their fans feel cheated is disgusting.

Just thought I'd pop up amongst all the vitriol flying around to say should we go to the wall, many on here will be happy and in some cases maybe even vindcated? Anyway, I look forward to your support for a new fledgling AFC Portsmouth side and will look to continue what has been a fantastic rivalry over the years. Either way the club will always continue to have my and thousands of others support. So que sera sera. :)

Just thought I'd pop up amongst all the vitriol flying around to say should we go to the wall, many on here will be happy and in some cases maybe even vindcated? Anyway, I look forward to your support for a new fledgling AFC Portsmouth side and will look to continue what has been a fantastic rivalry over the years. Either way the club will always continue to have my and thousands of others support. So que sera sera. :)

with support of a few hundred compared to our 20,000 plus how could afc skates ever be significant to comment on let alone rival us?

with support of a few hundred compared to our 20,000 plus how could afc skates ever be significant to comment on let alone rival us?

If Pompey had played by the rules then I would be certainly be sad to see the clubs demise. The fact is they have continually flouted the rules and cheated to success. Pompey need to be severely punished for this and that is why many are pleased. If you start a new club that climbs through the leagues

(without cheating) then I will have nothing but respect and look forward to continuing the rivalry.

If Pompey had played by the rules then I would be certainly be sad to see the clubs demise. The fact is they have continually flouted the rules and cheated to success. Pompey need to be severely punished for this and that is why many are pleased. If you start a new club that climbs through the leagues

(without cheating) then I will have nothing but respect and look forward to continuing the rivalry.

Yeah right - bye!

Yeah right - bye!

God it p**ses me off when they go on about their great fans cant even fill their S**te hole of a ground in the prem it really is a complete fallacy. It is one off the most perpetuated myths of modern times. I so hope they finally get their comeuppance come Tuesday (is Tuesday the new Friday??? :lol:) Made my day seeing that come up on sky news in the pub tonight.

God it p**ses me off when they go on about their great fans cant even fill their S**te hole of a ground in the prem it really is a complete fallacy. It is one off the most perpetuated myths of modern times. I so hope they finally get their comeuppance come Tuesday (is Tuesday the new Friday??? :lol:) Made my day seeing that come up on sky news in the pub tonight.

you'll be alright, far too much parachute money down the line for the club to be liquidated. By the way not everyone on here wakes up dreaming of toast.

you'll be alright, far too much parachute money down the line for the club to be liquidated. By the way not everyone on here wakes up dreaming of toast.

So they've been running the club on a shoe string, is that why they got rid of players on small wages so they could get expensive replacements in on double their new wage structure. And still the rest off football seems to think they are hard done by???

So they've been running the club on a shoe string, is that why they got rid of players on small wages so they could get expensive replacements in on double their new wage structure. And still the rest off football seems to think they are hard done by???

What does it say? Can't read on iPhone

Long article, mainly repeating what we already know but opens as follows:

"Andrew Andronikou tonight denied a statement on the club's official website which said the club may be about to go into liquidation due to a claim by the former owner Sacha Gaydamak for an upfront payment of £2.5m.

Andronikou stated that Portsmouth will play at Hull City tomorrow but said Gaydamak's Jewish faith meant he was out of contact until the Sabbath ended on early Saturday evening and so is unavailable to resolve the issue. The article had been published on the website due to "pure frustration".

Long article, mainly repeating what we already know but opens as follows:

"Andrew Andronikou tonight denied a statement on the club's official website which said the club may be about to go into liquidation due to a claim by the former owner Sacha Gaydamak for an upfront payment of £2.5m.

Andronikou stated that Portsmouth will play at Hull City tomorrow but said Gaydamak's Jewish faith meant he was out of contact until the Sabbath ended on early Saturday evening and so is unavailable to resolve the issue. The article had been published on the website due to "pure frustration".

Android says it's all a bit premature; he's waiting for the end of the Sabbath because SG's gone all Jewish on him and can't be contacted on his holy day; SG want's £2.5 million but will only be offdered it in installments; suggestion is Chanrai leaked the story

Android says it's all a bit premature; he's waiting for the end of the Sabbath because SG's gone all Jewish on him and can't be contacted on his holy day; SG want's £2.5 million but will only be offdered it in installments; suggestion is Chanrai leaked the story

One last thing. Can all the Bandwagoneers get the f**k off our thread. Where were you c*nts over the past few weeks things had been looking up for Pompey? Nick, Rock, ESB, Rally, Dubai, Ginge, Weston, Gemmel and the regulars who stuck around week in, week out clinging to hopes of Pompey's demise I salut you (You know who you are). The rest of you are a bunch of gutless nomarks, springing up like a bunch of gloryhunting ****s at a Man Utd match, I have zero respect for you and feel your intruding on other Saints fans hard earned vitriol. ;) :D

One last thing. Can all the Bandwagoneers get the f**k off our thread. Where were you c*nts over the past few weeks things had been looking up for Pompey? Nick, Rock, ESB, Rally, Dubai, Ginge, Weston, Gemmel and the regulars who stuck around week in, week out clinging to hopes of Pompey's demise I salut you (You know who you are). The rest of you are a bunch of gutless nomarks, springing up like a bunch of gloryhunting ****s at a Man Utd match, I have zero respect for you and feel your intruding on other Saints fans hard earned vitriol. ;) :D

Is that aimed at anyone in particular?

Is that aimed at anyone in particular?

LMFAO .... pes, that made me laugh, good luck fella

LMFAO .... pes, that made me laugh, good luck fella

PES, you get my vote fella, you may support the wrong team, but you have a red and white sense of humour!;)

PES, you get my vote fella, you may support the wrong team, but you have a red and white sense of humour!;)

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})