Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

We wanted Noooooooooge off the books, But no other knut was wiling to pay the wad he is on down hear.So nothing we can do about it. Still at last hes starting to earn it Another good win thats 16 points out of 18 not bad for a side most you pony boys were sure would go a tumbling down the leagues. Oh and don't turn the old toaster on just yet mosh!

This is not the side we were sure would go down. That was before the millions were added back on the wage bill!

So is Gaydemak really about to sign or was his statement earlier just to stop him looking so bad to the blue few? Finger was pointing at him to be the one to ruin them but now everyone thinks it's going to be A OK. What if he is only going to sign if the technical details he wants sorted are done? If he doesn't sign he can throw the blame back to the others for messing it all about.

I think there is still a chance that it won't be over tonight and there may be a few more twists yet to turn.

On the news this morning, it was suggested they took 3 coach loads up because some of their 'fans' thought it would be their last match ever.

This is true, some of my youngest sons friends are Pompey fans and they decided only last night to go

Paul Duffen(sp)the ex Hull chairman is rumoured to be wanting to invest/purchase PFC.

It is more than just a rumour, the BBC/ExpressFM have direct quotes from him...

Meanwhile, former Hull chairman Paul Duffen has put together a consortium that is interested in taking over Portsmouth.

"I have been monitoring the situation at Portsmouth for several months and trying to do a deal for some weeks," Duffen told Express FM. "I have a fully funded bid ready to go.

Duffen was part of a consortium that bought the Tigers from Adam Pearson in June 2007, the year before they were promoted to the Premier League.

They began the 2008-09 season well but struggled towards the end of the season and only escaped relegation on the last day of the campaign.

Duffen stepped down as executive chairman of the club and Superstadium Management Company Ltd in October 2009, with Pearson returning to the club as chairman.

In February Hull settled a financial dispute with Duffen out of court "on terms satisfactory to the club", after accusing their former chairman of spending company money for his own personal use.

The club had also alleged Duffen's company received payments from agents in return for using those agents to deal with the transfer of players.

Duffen had denied the allegations at a preliminary hearing at the High Court.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/9120575.stm

So another possible owner with a case to answer in the High Court! They sure do attract them! Unlikely any clean businessmen would see them as an attractive investment proposition.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1323203/PATRICK-COLLINS-Portsmouth-faithful-deserve-dogs-chance.html

will please you knowing how much you like us getting the sympathy vote

the other thing I cannot get my head around is yes we prolly should not have been allowed to sign the likes of Lawrence, Kitson etc but we have not done anything illegal, whilst yes morally its not right and on a personal opinion it doesn't feel right but no laws have been broken, perhaps the FL should be looking at this situ and making sure it dies not happen again to the disadvanatge of the rest of the FL clubs

This isn't a surprise. Chanrai needs the club to trade long enough to pick up the parachute payments. This latest event was a sideshow. The events to come:

- Who is in the new consortium?

- Why did AA make it so difficult for Lever?

- When will Golden Share transfer?

- Will the court cases bring a points deduction?

- Will they stick to CVA?

- Now it is his money will the big wages continue?

Edited by St Chalet
typo

A little bit more of my fading love of football has gone.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/9121791.stm

It's not just because it's Pompey. It's not just because Saints (& Salisbury, too) tried to play fair when they got into trouble and got royally shafted. It's because throughout all of this they have lied, CHEATED, deceived us as taxpayers, stolen from charities and then after all that they have still continued to try and spend their way back to the Prem. The whole game is tainted by the rotting fish stench of their corruption and is proof that, sadly, CHEATS do prosper.

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Portsmouth-Football-Club-Statement-1527.aspx

All out of admin and everything is rosey it seems,on the outside.

I am not however so easily convinced this is the end of the thread.

If it is,the Admin mullarky has not been to unkind to them has it,AA has done a blinding job in some aspects.

They never got what they deserved by a long shot.

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Portsmouth-Football-Club-Statement-1527.aspx

All out of admin and everything is rosey it seems,on the outside.

I am not however so easily convinced this is the end of the thread.

If it is,the Admin mullarky has not been to unkind to them has it,AA has done a blinding job in some aspects.

They never got what they deserved by a long shot.

or maybe not....

Oops, looks like this page has been moved or deleted.

Please click here to return to our homepage.

Don't forget coming out of admin now means they are open to creditors giving them winding up orders should Pompey not stick to the CVA.

March is where it is going to start to get interesting

March will indeed be interesting - and, who knows, there might be some fun to be had before then; the wages are due at the end of this month and then comes the Tax and National Insurance payment to HMRC a couple of weeks after that. I doubt HMRC will cut them much slack should there be any delay.

March will indeed be interesting - and, who knows, there might be some fun to be had before then; the wages are due at the end of this month and then comes the Tax and National Insurance payment to HMRC a couple of weeks after that. I doubt HMRC will cut them much slack should there be any delay.

According to the NofTW, they have the money for this, and the tax bill! we'll see!

So when does AA liquidate the old company and whats the odd's on him finding out that everything was absolutly peachy all along?

In a way I suppose its good that they are still in business, its not a nice thought for any club to go to the wall but it's galling to see how much they have flicked the V's to the rules and got points of other teams who are at least trying to manage there finances correctly. Feels like they have come through this situation without being punished for all there wrongs.

After all of this I dont hold out much hope that the tax evasion cases will come to anything either. :(

Let us hope that their short term future is now secured.

In the meantime, for those muppets down there celebrating, may they also be fired, made redundant or have their benefits, housing maintenance programmes cut as a part of the impact the loss of 20 million or so will have from the Exchequer.

And no, this thread is not over, there will still be a long way to go just remember, this is not about a Football Club, it is about money

they don't need it.

their wages are completely unsustainable at their current level. They are doing exactly the same thing now as they were doing under Storrie.

Plus their current owner is an asset stripper and a money lender. Chainrai doesn't want to put money into the club he wants to take money OUT of it.

Financially speaking they've been saved by the grim reaper.

it was like watching the Graet train robbery unfolding in front of your eyes and the authorities not answering the 999 call.

So sadly 'pompey will get away with ' has morphed to 'pompey got away with it'

I now await the smug crew return.

As I said to Phil yesterday it is vomit time form now on. As they go and push on for promotion with a damned good squad. the only thing may be that Stoke may get a decent bid for Lawrence and they dont go through with his transfer.

The FL showed no balls and again I said that the ex Leicester chairman who would be mates with MM at the top instead of Malwinney played into their hands as well.

And no, this thread is not over, there will still be a long way to go just remember, this is not about a Football Club, it is about money

In Thread We Trust. I think there will be plenty more opportunities to lol at our fishy friends in the next year or so.

Also, for me at least, as well as being a great opportunity for lolage at the cod botherers, this thread provides an insight into all that is wrong with the greedy & corrupt world of modern football. The fact that the skates are the case study used to represent this is just a happy coincidence imo.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})