Stoke Match Thread

saint_stevo

can I be the first to say something important is happening that might make us smile in the near future.

You forget the old maxim; You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

You forget the old maxim; You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Even if you gave them all spontaneous orgasm? Surely THAT would work!

FFS, We're going down :(.

;).

Are you happier now it is 1 1 at half time

I once saw Wolves score an own goal by Saints Skipper Tony Knapp within the First Minute

2 2 after ten minutes

9 to Saints 3 to Wolves at the end so anything can happen

Edited by John B

Apparently that side is coming of at half time ,they got a standing ovation.Man at ground said Lallana outstanding,kept everything ticking over.

Seems the Stoke Web site agree they have are 2nd half side as

Bialkowski; Hatch, Thomas, Racine, Mills; Dyer, White, Wotton ©, Wright-Phillips; John, Rasiak.

SAINTS (2nd Half): Bialkowski; Hatch, Thomas, Racine, Mills; Dyer, White, Wotton ©, Wright-Phillips; John, Rasiak

Strange that Stoke Website had this 5 mins before our own.

Obviously a change in plan as on the OS JP was saying about giving the 'first team' 60 minutes then swapping it round.

Obviously a change in plan as on the OS JP was saying about giving the 'first team' 60 minutes then swapping it round.

It might be a good move as the team will be in good spirits, and why risk them losing that for another 15 minutes and also try and keep them a little fresh for Saturday

Does anyone understand that line-up for the second half? Who's the second holding midfielder? White? I thought he was more of an attacking midfielder and which of Rasiak and John is playing striker and which one is playing "in the hole"?

he might be trying a different set up...as in a plan 'B'

Does anyone understand that line-up for the second half? Who's the second holding midfielder? White? I thought he was more of an attacking midfielder and which of Rasiak and John is playing striker and which one is playing "in the hole"?

Holding Midfielder? Wooton I would say.

The comparison between the firs and second halves will be very telling.

can I be the first to say something important is happening that might make us smile in the near future.A whole new team in the 2nd half.

OK, Nick, explain, please. Not sure that a whole new team in the second half will make us smile - seems the first half team played pretty well. On the takeover thread you have said "all systems go, IMHO".

Connection? Conspiracy? :D

Would seem like the OS are following OUR thread "As they lined up, Dyer played out wide on the right, Wright-Phillips on the left and Rasiak just ahead of Stern John."

Disproves the theory that Rasiak and John can't be on the pitch together, but maybe this is about keeping people in the shop window. On the other hand, no Skacel and no Saga. What do we read into that? And has the money for Safri actually been paid?

Both teams were limited to a variety of long-range efforts as the pace of the match slowed. Buxton then replaced Cort in the 63rd minute as Tony Pulis made his sixth switch of the evening.

Quelle surprise...

The senior pro's really need to step up a gear if they want to play on a regular basis this season.

Disproves the theory that Rasiak and John can't be on the pitch together, but maybe this is about keeping people in the shop window. On the other hand, no Skacel and no Saga. What do we read into that? And has the money for Safri actually been paid?

No problem about them being on the same pitch. They just can't find eachother with a decent pass.

Guest Hacienda
Quelle surprise...

The senior pro's really need to step up a gear if they want to play on a regular basis this season.

From what I've seen in two pre-season games the pace of thought and movement was too much for some of them.

Quelle surprise...

With Lowe back in the hot seat I assume that he is going to dangle the win bonus system again,about time some of the older members earned the cheque.