Illingsworth wades in

Block 5

I have e-mailed the CEO of Johnstone paints. I pointed out that having empty seats on an occasion that will be watched nationwide would not do their branding that good if there are lots of empty seats....also of course their brand would be more popular in the south of England

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/southampton/8562283.stm

It looks like all our ticketing problems could soon be over now that Mr Illingsworth is involved.

No doubt Lord Mawhinney and the people who run Wembley are about to have a rethink.

Get of Nick's back instead of just sitting back and moaning on messageboards which numerous people have done, he is actually doing his best for all Saints Fans to get extra tickets.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=121&fid=18&sty=2&act=1&mid=2122478871

It seems Carlisle fans don't have a problem with us getting more, so why don't the powers that be give us more tickets

By the way it appears Carlisle have sold nearly 20,000 not 12,000 as suggested in BBC article

Wembley are only allowed to host a certain number of large events every year. They will not change their mind

JPT trophy is not a large event for them

you're point is completely irrelevant, you are confusing segregation / our request for more tickets and wembley not wanting a full house.

if leeds had won the penalty shoot out against carlisle this would be a 90k sell out.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/southampton/8562283.stm

It looks like all our ticketing problems could soon be over now that Mr Illingsworth is involved.

No doubt Lord Mawhinney and the people who run Wembley are about to have a rethink.

fair play to him for making the issue public, the football league / wembley etc should be embarrassed by their lack of organisation and planning.

better than you just coming on here trying to have a cheap dig at the saints trust.

fair play to him for making the issue public, the football league / wembley etc should be embarrassed by their lack of organisation and planning.

better than you just coming on here trying to have a cheap dig at the saints trust.

Do none of you understand???

THERE IS NO SUCH ORGANISATION AS THE SAINTS TRUST!!!! IT NO LONGER EXISTS!

Who cares if Saints Trust, SISA, whoever exist

The important thing is Nick is trying to highlight that there are loads Saints fans without tickets and that the authorities should give us more tickets as there are liekly tobe 20,000 empty seats.

He's just trying to get more Saints fans to game

What's wrong with that ?

The important thing is Nick is trying to highlight that there are loads Saints fans without tickets and that the authorities should give us more tickets as there are liekly tobe 20,000 empty seats.

What's wrong with that ?

agree 100% mate.

Baffles me, some weird personal agendas from people on here, maybe that is a symptom of being on internet forums to much.

we could do with more people highlighting issues like that, if Nick has a contact at the media that he has been able to use, then i say well done. Even if we don't get anymore tickets in the end the least we should do is try. The club have been quiet on this, would have thought Luker would have made a public request from more tickets to appease the fans.

I'm not sure what "HACKED 1923TURK-GRUP" means. Any ideas?

It seems that HACKED 1923TURK-GRUP means that the website has been compromised by a team of naughty hackers.

I hope none of you have your personal details held by the Saints Trust.

What's wrong with that ?

Fine... if he still wants his moment in the paper then why not insist he is is describe as simply 'Saints fan Nick' or even 'the former chairman of various formerly failed organisations Nick' ?

you're point is completely irrelevant, you are confusing segregation / our request for more tickets and wembley not wanting a full house.

if leeds had won the penalty shoot out against carlisle this would be a 90k sell out.

how do you know it would be a sell out? surely thats an assumption.

I work in Wembley. In my job work very closely with the stadium management- this is the case. They are allowed a certain number of events of a certain size per year. Its down to agreements with Brent Council and the Met on the grounds of policing, their health and safety license and impact on surrounding residents.

Whoever is in the final the JPT falls into a lower category.

If Wembley had a choice, do you think it would rather limit the capacity of the JPT or an international friendly?

Wembley are only allowed to host a certain number of large events every year. They will not change their mind

JPT trophy is not a large event for them

i think your wrong. go to the wembley website click on major events and you will find the johnston paint trophy

I work in Wembley. In my job work very closely with the stadium management- this is the case. They are allowed a certain number of events of a certain size per year. Its down to agreements with Brent Council and the Met on the grounds of policing, their health and safety license and impact on surrounding residents.

If Wembley had a choice, do you think it would rather limit the capacity of the JPT or an international friendly?

So are you saying it is nothing to do with segregation but that Wembley is not allowed to have a capacity over a certain amount for this game. If true even more of a joke

Fair enough, but what would have happened if we had played Leeds and it was a potential sell out?

Would Wembley have restricted the number of tickets available to prevent this happening?

i think your wrong. go to the wembley website click on major events and you will find the johnston paint trophy

that assumes the website has a category for minor events, or average events, which of course it doesn't

I think there is a difference between presentation on a website and the details of legal agreements with respective authorities

But we were given 44k tickets, Carlisle initially 24k, more if required, and how many does 'Club Wembley' accomodate, 10-15k? That's around 80k before any extras Carlisle could have asked for. That suggests capacity is allowed for the JPT.

The issue with Saints getting no more tickets aint because the stadium is on restricted capacity, it's because of (over-comable) 'segregation' issues.

Do you think he contacted the BBC or the BBC contacted him ?

Could be either.

I know one thing though... if they were going to keep insisting I was the Chairman of an organisation which doesn't exist... I wouldn't talk to them and to be frank, I would find it a touch embarassing.

Could be either.

I know one thing though... if they were going to keep insisting I was the Chairman of an organisation which doesn't exist... I wouldn't talk to them and to be frank, I would find it a touch embarassing.

Maybe he does. Why not ask him?

that assumes the website has a category for minor events, or average events, which of course it doesn't

I think there is a difference between presentation on a website and the details of legal agreements with respective authorities

Give it up. Your point has been shown to be irrelevant.

Why is that SO important to you?

Why has Illingsworth alerting the media to the Wembley ticketing fiasco upset you so much?

He is attempting to do something about it. You are not. Your posts are so negative at times.

Hornseysaint, you haven't got a clue pal. if saints v Leeds were in the final it would be a sell out. Wembley would not say hold on, you are not allowed to sell all the tickets, both teams would take full allocation.

You are making this up based on some assumption, clearly you have read somewhere that wembley are only allowed a certain number of events, but you have provided no evidence of

a) how many they are allowed

b) that JPT final could not be one of them.

I agree that it's the nippers who are missing out.

I was a season ticket holder for 11 years, stopped going for various reasons a couple of years ago but my 7 year old son supports Saints because of me. I take him to a couple of matches each year but with us not being on the TV much he is beginning to sway towards Reading (the local team).

Taking him to Wembley would have been a superb day out for him and would have cemented Saints as being 'his team' but as I was only eligible for 1 ticket neither of us will be going and boy do I feel gutted.

Well done Nick and anyone else, prepared to get off their back sides and whether it be writing, phone calls or emails to lobby for more tickets for fellow Saints fans-good on you all.

I emailed Wembley Stadium and offered to sort out the segregation by the way of supplying netting and barriers and extra stewards, as long as they paid me just over quarter of a million pounds.

I havent heard back from them yet.

I emailed Wembley Stadium and offered to sort out the segregation by the way of supplying netting and barriers and extra stewards, as long as they paid me just over quarter of a million pounds.

Two up with Illingsworth and he may just be able to sort it out for you !!

Fully agree with Nick

I am going but due to my 7 year old not having a season ticket or being allowed to stay up until 10pm on a school night for the MKD Dons game, I was unable to get him a ticket.

He was very upset when I told him he cant go...I imagine he will be even more upset when he sees thousands on thousands of empty seats in a couple of weeks

No way to treat future fans of this club.

I quite agree with you Stu - how dare anyone actually try to get more tickets for Saints fans? Much more constructive to sit in your armchair and talk a load of sh!te.

I quite agree with you Stu - how dare anyone actually try to get more tickets for Saints fans? Much more constructive to sit in your armchair and talk a load of sh!te.

I obviously have tried to do something, and not gone to the papers about it, I come up with a solution where I could provide a segregation arrangements so another 20,000 tickets could be sold, I was only going to charge £250,000

Ticket sales for these seats will be approximately £750,000 and merchandise and food etc will push it towards £1million.

Ticket sales meaning each club will also earn an extra £350,000 each. MASSIVE revenue for a club Carlisle... to put in in perspective... thst is the same revenue as more than half their season ticket sales.

So for the sake of £750,000 profit for Wembley, SFC and CUFC, I think my offer is a no-brainer, I am awaiting feedback from them.

Much more productive way of doing things than giving an interview to the press, I am sure you will agree.

Edited by StuRomseySaint

Funnily enough i ran into Nick at the Ticket Office yesterday, hadn't seen him for a long time, had a quick chat about things (we go back to the gool old days of proper (paper reading material) fanzines), nice guy and just doing his best for Saints fans etc.

Why on earth people come on here and slag him off for talking to the media (who have no doubt called him) is absolutely ridiculous! Whether he runs the Saints trust or SISA, WHO CARES!

God if the likes of SRS are so jealous of him being in the limelight then ring the BBC or Meridian or Sky yourself and put your name forward but please don't come on here bleeting about someone saying something about Saints, and above all....

He is right in what he is saying!

I obviously have tried to do something, and not gone to the papers about it, I come up with a solution where I could provide a segregation arrangements so another 20,000 tickets could be sold, I was only going to charge £250,000

Ticket sales for these seats will be approximately £750,000 and merchandise and food etc will push it towards £1million.

Ticket sales meaning each club will also earn an extra £350,000 each. MASSIVE revenue for a club Carlisle... to put in in perspective... thst is the same revenue as more than half their season ticket sales.

So for the sake of £750,000 profit for Wembley, SFC and CUFC, I think my offer is a no-brainer, I am awaiting feedback from them.

Much more productive way of doing things than giving an interview to the press, I am sure you will agree.

Absolutely, very altruistic of you.

Well done Nick and anyone else, prepared to get off their back sides and whether it be writing, phone calls or emails to lobby for more tickets for fellow Saints fans-good on you all.

Well I have had a reply from the FL... see below. segregation is their main reason. How many seats do they want to segregate Saints and Carlisle???

Geez for the heated south Coast derby we had a bit of netting... not 9,000 seats!!!

look what happened when Luton were not allowed more tickets and they tried to segregate Luton and Scunny fans...

Up, Up and Away!

here is the FL response...

>>>

Dear Mr XXXX,

Many thanks for your email.

We are delighted that Southampton will be taking the largest following that any club has ever taken to the new Wembley Stadium for a Johnstone’s Paint Trophy Final.

The safety of spectators is of paramount importance to The Football League, Wembley Stadium, the Metropolitan Police and the local safety authorities. With this in mind, all Wembley Finals require the implementation of a segregation plan, which is based on the ticket allocations requested by both clubs. These plans were presented and agreed by the finalist clubs seven weeks before the match. The plans ensure that as many fans as possible from each of the participating clubs will have the opportunity to purchase a ticket and to enjoy the match in a safe environment.

For this particular match the actual saleable capacity of Wembley Stadium is approximately 81,000 after taking into account unavailable seats such as media seats the Royal Box and segregation. The Football League have been allocated approximately 72,000 of these tickets which, once contractual obligations have been honoured, have been passed directly on to the two participating clubs (approx 44,500 to Southampton and 24,500 to Carlisle). The 9,000 remaining tickets are Wembley Stadium tickets available to Club Wembley members and box holders.

At this present time Southampton have sold out of their allocation and Carlisle United have sold approximately 20,000 tickets. In this particular instance, the unsold tickets are in areas of the ground that are located directly above Carlisle United fans and cannot, therefore, be sold to Southampton supporters for reasons of crowd safety.

We can understand your frustrations in that some supporters are unable to purchase tickets but would like to assure you that every effort has been taken by all parties to maximise the number of tickets available to each club.

Kind regards

Customer Services Manager

The Football League Limited

Edward VII Quay | Navigation Way | Preston | PR2 2YF.

T 0844 826 9220