• Puncheon
    • Hammond
    • Schneiderlin
    • Lallana
    • Lambert
    • Barnard
    • Shooooooooot!!! Thomas
    • Waigo

Great result that. By the sounds of it a fantastic performance in the first half and a professional effort in the 2nd half to restrict them to half chances.

I dont care what anyone says this shows progress. This side even 2 or 3 months ago would have crumbled after 70-odd minutes and invited Leeds to attack us.

Showed some real grit and determination to cope with their inevitable pressure in the second half, although they still failed to really test Davies, which says a huge amount for our defence who played superbly by the sounds of things, and of course fully helped by the rest of the side. A great team performance.

Results like Tranmere will happen, but the performances today, vs Huddersfield and Walsall, and in other games recently, clearly show me that AP is moving things in the right direction and all the momentum is taking us in the right direction. In many ways, holding on for the win today, despite not scoring the goals we should've had, is a greater achievement.

Great result. Good performance.

Bring on Swindon!! If we can beat them we'll be 13 points off the playoffs. We'll STILL have a game in hand on them and two games on hand over most of the play off teams. Unlikely... but not impossible. Keep the faith!!!

C'mon you saints!!!!!!!!!!! :-) !!!!!!!

We need to play Swindon still ? Forgot that.

Maybe all hope not lost, but still would have looked better if Brighton had done the biz..

We can only do what we can do. What other teams do is beyond our control. It has always been the case. There's still hope while there are still games to play in this season.

Ironically, we sort of needed Leeds to win so they get promoted. Like it or not, this league will be weaker without them next year.

Great result though. That's Leeds and Norwich we've hammered. I would argue we CAN get promoted next season.

Down the bar, down the bar, down the bar.....

Could do with a decent pint though, even if the local red is OK (That's for GM...)

Nerve-racking though when you can actually hear a commentary - thanks for that feed whoever it was, I won't charge for the manicure I now need!

Great result. Good performance.

Bring on Swindon!! If we can beat them we'll be 13 points off the playoffs. We'll STILL have a game in hand on them and two games on hand over most of the play off teams. Unlikely... but not impossible. Keep the faith!!!

C'mon you saints!!!!!!!!!!! :-) !!!!!!!

Considering that gap was 19 points only a few weeks back, things are looking a lot more optimistic.

Not gonna happen, all of those, 'freak' results have put pay to that

Who ever claimed they we're 'freak' results? We struggle away at little shed stadiums on muddy pitches. There's nothing 'freak' about it. And besides.. look at the the fixture run in. Its possible still, just unlikely!

Surely the best thing to do, with all this play-off talk is simply ignore the table, stop making predictions or putting yourself into a specific mindset about it, and just go out and try and win every game. That's all we can do... if it happens, it happens, if it doesn't, so be it. But it'll be down to so muhc more than just our results, so to try and predict it is a bit of a lottery IMO.

If we play like we did today, who knows? Just try and do that every game, and see what happens.

just got in...great result but another crap ref....anyone know why the second goal was disallowed as could not see from where i was...COYR

Everybody who has seen the disallowed goal, so far, has commented that the actual foul was on Fonte, and not committed by Jaidi. However, the ref saw it differently.

A good win.

Solid team performance again.

Christ this does'nt sound like Southampton!

Swindon seriously is the last chance saloon, ignore the league table now, just play each and every game for 3 points, who knows, we could be there.

Same here. I wasn't actually nervous until the crowd started whistling for full-time to be called.

It just shows how solid we were at the back.

Yeah, that always give one the jitters, a bit, especially with Saints recent history of the last 5 or 6 years. But at least it has only taken 6 or so months for that feeling to start to dissipate.

With Jaidi and Fonte at the back, against any League One opposition, if you can't be fairly confident, you never will be.