The lads who got nicked at P*mpey...

StuRomseySaint

:rolleyes: So you think potentially someone should get 5 years in prison for shaking a fence after a game of football? You're bonkers. :rolleyes:

You may think I am bonkers but I dont think you can read.

I said the maximum sentenance for the offence - shaking a fence if that is what they did is hardly likely to be five years but if it is yes .

Violent behavior should not be tolerated

If found guily they should be given the maximum term allowed.

I dont want mob violence on the Streets of Southampton from a load of morons

:smt120 Anyone that thinks those boys deserve to even been banged up for their "violence" lives on a different planet. Such a thing as punishment fitting the crime.

I said the maximum sentenance for the offence - shaking a fence if that is what they did is hardly likely to be five years but if it is yes .

They have been charged with violent disorder, the maximum sentance is 5 years.

Yes I can read you lunatic. They have been charged with violent disorder, that carries a maximum sentence of 5 years. Consider what you write, rather than the usual misinformed, lazy, incorrect garbage. :smt026

If they get jail sentences it'll be absolutely ridiculous. Yes they were stupid enough to do it in the first place but the crime is hardly fitting of such a punishment. The justice system is in place to defend people and ensure justice is served, not exploit the law to make examples of them.

Those of you who feel a jail term is justified- surely you have done something stupid and regrettable in your lives? Just chances are you didn't get caught or punished with a potential jail term.

A pedophile gets 3 years, out in 18 months, for molesting his niece for 9 years,

& you would like to see a fellow Saints fan get up to 5 years for shaking a fence and snarling at our worst enemy! oh which the ob instigated in the first place!

I would be happy to discuss this with you further in the plume on sat afternoon.

Yes I can read you lunatic. They have been charged with violent disorder, that carries a maximum sentence of 5 years. Consider what you write, rather than the usual misinformed, lazy, incorrect garbage. :smt026

I am very sorry but I still dont think you have read my post.

I said they should be given the maximum sentance if found guilty pretty harsh I agree

If they get jail sentences it'll be absolutely ridiculous. Yes they were stupid enough to do it in the first place but the crime is hardly fitting of such a punishment. The justice system is in place to defend people and ensure justice is served, not exploit the law to make examples of them.

Those of you who feel a jail term is justified- surely you have done something stupid and regrettable in your lives? Just chances are you didn't get caught or punished with a potential jail term.

Just think most people behave in a responsible and non violent way and do not expect to see violence on the streets of Southampton

I am very sorry but I still dont think you have read my post.

I said they should be given the maximum sentance if found guilty pretty harsh I agree

Yep, just re-read it, but I'm afraid nothing has changed, I still think you're crackers. Wish I could help.

although the punishment is over the top (or the maximum) for what they did...

they could have easily avoided the situation..by simply, going home/town/pub/derby road

For FFS DD if I have to agree with one more of your posts I'm going to start getting worried. I have to say though Nail and Head. How hard is it to walk away?

they could have easily avoided the situation..by simply, going home/town/pub/derby road

Or they could have easily avoided it by staying put and simply not acting like a bunch of moronic knuckle-draggers. I'm still at a loss to just how utterly stupid you have to be to throw stones from behind a police line and think you'll get away with it when its patently clear the police will have a multitude of cameras and CCTV out in full force.

Yes' date=' they do. And, judging by the fact that people have stated that none of those arrested were the targeted 'casuals', these people probably usually behave themselves too.

Irrelevant though isn't it? If they broke the law they broke the law they have to execept the consequences like we all do if we break the law. I really promised my self I wasn't going to bite on this thread too.

Yes' date=' they do. And, judging by the fact that people have stated that none of those arrested were the targeted 'casuals', these people probably usually behave themselves too.[/quote']

who cares if they are targetted casuals...

If I was being a complete knob, thrown missles at other people in a mob, trying to rush the fences..RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE POLICE

I think I would be man enough to take my punishment

Points taken, and I'm not condoning their actions and stupidity, but I just think it's ridiculous that a reletively minor offence, something stupid done in the heat of the moment, could ruin the rest of someone's life. There should obviously be consequences, but ones in line with the severity of the crime, I.e a ban from football, fine, community service etc

Oh FFS, no-one is suggesting these lads are going to be representing Southampton at the next Mensa conference, of course it was bloody stupid. A few blokes got carried away in the heat of the moment, lost thier heads a bit, when as you say they should have walked away, yes they should probably be punished for it, but no-where near to the extent that some on here are suggesting (and unfortunately I'm not expecting any common sense of fairness from the authorities on this one). Just a good job there are no burglars, muggers, rapists on the loose in this country that all this funding and resources could be better spent on, but that is another debate......

Points taken' date=' and I'm not condoning their actions and stupidity, but I just think it's ridiculous that a reletively minor offence, something stupid done in the heat of the moment, could ruin the rest of someone's life. There should obviously be consequences, but ones in line with the severity of the crime, I.e a ban from football, fine, community service etc

Well they might do. As yet no ones been sentenced have they? So people getting upset about what they might get is a bit pointless. The point is if the maximum sentence is five years. They have to accept they might get that and it would be within the judges right to do so wheather anyone considers it fair or not. The best thing they could of done was not get involved.

I seriously can't believe how utterly pathetic some of our fanbase were.

A few FACTS

1) None of those arrested are people who a regulary involved in disorder, they are normal fans / scarfers / clowns / whatever you want to call them who normally wouldn't get involved in disorder.

2) NOBODY was injured.

3) Some of them are being taken to court for things as simple as shaking a fence.

If you shook a fence anywhere else you might get £80 fine. If you threw a stone of plastic chair at someone, you might get an £80 fine...

Punishment should fit the crime.

Even if they are found guilty, they deserve no more than a banning order and a fine.

Some of you on here calling for them to be put in prison for 5 years and the rest of their lives ruined are absolute c*nts of the highest order and just trying to come across all high and mighty from your PC.

That is EXACTLY what they done DullDays.

Letting both sets of fans out at the same time and making no attempt to prevent disorder at any point throughout the day, instead sitting back and watching, armed with cameras.

I was there mate...I came out right near them..I walked home

my choice

yes, 5 years would be stupid..they will probably get some sort of suspended sentance, and a banning order..end of..

but to suggest that is was the fault of the police is stupid

that is what I hate about these cases, people make a conscious choice to stay and act up but refuse to take ANY responsibility for their choice...

ffs, these are grown adults

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkg1iRLkn2Q&feature=related

yes...just wobbling a few fences...nothing more..not at all

and yes, you can clearly see the police are not doing anything

lol

edit..another link

Seriously, what exactly can you see that I can't?

I don't see the police doing anything apart from standing there. I see some fence rattling which results in part of the fence collapsing and I can pick out 2 police officers using camcorders.

Are you looking at something different because that's exactly what I see?!!?

Come on DullDays.... enlighten me....

I was there mate...I came out right near them..I walked home

my choice

yes, 5 years would be stupid..they will probably get some sort of suspended sentance, and a banning order..end of..

that is what I hate about these cases, people make a conscious choice to stay and act up but refuse to take ANY responsibility for their choice...

Nobody is saying it was the polices fault they nicked the people.

What they DID do was set it up so there would be disorder and they could make arrests, they wanted to make an example of the Southampton casual and youth elements... unluckily for the police, neither of these groups were stupid enough to kick off in front of the police outside the ground, so all they could nick was a few ****ed of scarfers.

Seriously, what exactly can you see that I can't?

I don't see the police doing anything apart from standing there. I see some fence rattling which results in part of the fence collapsing and I can pick out 2 police officers using camcorders.

Are you looking at something different because that's exactly what I see?!!?

Come on DullDays.... enlighten me....

look stu..I could not care less what people do at football grounds (or outside)...getting all hot and bothered about someone after a game is not my cuppa..been in enough trouble in plymouth in my time so not to tot up anymore pointless charges when home..

I was there, I came out of sms right near there..I CHOSE to go home..my choice...they CHOSE to stay and cause a scene.."wobble" a few fences..

if you think that was a little bit of fence wobbling and nothing more then fine, we can go tit for tat over the point and we will disagree..I agree that 5 years in prison is stupid..but for gods sake, grown men should actually take responsibility for their actions...not say "not my fault guv"

NB. I notice for all the "peac*ck" posturing and mouthing off, no one tried to run past the police (who were there prepared to put themselves in harms way)...sterling stuff

Edited by Thedelldays

That is EXACTLY what they done DullDays.

Letting both sets of fans out at the same time and making no attempt to prevent disorder at any point throughout the day, instead sitting back and watching, armed with cameras.

stu, you sound like the kind of arsehole who thinks hillsborough was the police's fault for opening the gates.

no it isn't stupid at all. derby game, home fans angry due to being turned over in a game we could and probably should have won. Tensions run high, letting fans out into the streets at the same time is in my opinion, asking for trouble, regardless of what people say about having a choice got a derby anywhere in the country or world and there are always going to be people up for a ruck, like it or not. Common sense says keep them in until the areas immediately around the ground are clear, like we are kept in at Fratton Park. Personally i think that the reason for all this is 1/ the OB let it happen in an attempt to get some bans put on know 'risk element' or 2/ They ****ed up in doing what they did and know they did and are now trying to cover their arses in allowing a flash point to happen.

no it isn't stupid at all. derby game, home fans angry due to being turned over in a game we could and probably should have won. Tensions run high, letting fans out into the streets at the same time is in my opinion, asking for trouble, regardless of what people say about having a choice got a derby anywhere in the country or world and there are always going to be people up for a ruck, like it or not. Common sense says keep them in until the areas immediately around the ground are clear, like we are kept in at Fratton Park. Personally i think that the reason for all this is 1/ the OB let it happen in an attempt to get some bans put on know 'risk element' or 2/ They ****ed up in doing what they did and know they did and are now trying to cover their arses in allowing a flash point to happen.

what flash point..stu said all they did was wobble a few fences...?

you are probably right, the police SHOULD have kept them in..I remember thinking thatas I WALKED ON HOME..

again, people need to man the fuk up and take responsibility for their own actions..

Good luck to all the lads involved.

Anyone who has had run ins with the skates over the years, England games etc, and who had to sit through them gloating at the end of a 4-1 home defeat can surely understand why just going for a quiet walk home wasn't such a simple option

Edited by JRM

stu, you sound like the kind of arsehole who thinks hillsborough was the police's fault for opening the gates.

What has this got to do with Hillsborough you mong?

The Police COULD have prevented them scenes by simply keeping the skates in for 20 minutes and clearing the area, like happens in every other derby game in the country.

Why not with Southampton v P*rtsmouth which is one of the most hostile of them all?

So if you are asking me if the disorder could have been prevented by the police then the answer is a most definate yes. And I believe it was an intentional tactic of the police in the hope of making arrests of certain elements of our support.

No, the vast majority arrested would not have expected to be looking at 2 years in prison for a what most see as a fairly minor confrontation. They've been really unlucky in my opinion and I hope (but do not expect) that the British Justice system uses some common sense.

Do any of us actually know what the Police think these people did to deserve prosocution at all?

What you think is minor might not actually be what the Police think they have done. If they really have done bugger all then hopefully the Justice system will sort it out and they will walk away with charges dropped or an appropiate fine or what ever. But if they are being done for something more serious then they should get what they deserve IMO.

I agree with what someone else said in that it should be in context with the person who was stamping on some fans head but then I dont think that person got punnished enough.

These people are not in court because they did nothing. Doesnt matter if they have done something before or not.

:rolleyes: So you think potentially someone should get 5 years in prison for shaking a fence after a game of football? You're bonkers. :rolleyes:

Seriously they have video of a load of saints fans running at the poopy lot throwing things at them and inciting more violence and they are going to do some lad for shaking a fence.

At a guess..... and I could be wrong here....... but maybe, just maybe, they are doing him for something a little more than shaking a fence.

If thats all that he has done then the case will get laughed out of court and he will be a free man/boy very soon.

Do any of us actually know what the Police think these people did to deserve prosocution at all?

What you think is minor might not actually be what the Police think they have done. If they really have done bugger all then hopefully the Justice system will sort it out and they will walk away with charges dropped or an appropiate fine or what ever. But if they are being done for something more serious then they should get what they deserve IMO.

I agree with what someone else said in that it should be in context with the person who was stamping on some fans head but then I dont think that person got punnished enough.

These people are not in court because they did nothing. Doesnt matter if they have done something before or not.

The majority of the fans in court are so because they have been found guilty by association. So of the 20 odd due before magistrates it only took one or two of them to throw a stone and the police have charged all of them with voilent conduct as opposed to each seperate offence. Totally wrong IMO, the punishment should fit the crime,and if some fan can get away with stamping on a Yeovil supporters head then the fact that these lot are facing up to 5 years inside is a joke.

No, the vast majority arrested would not have expected to be looking at 2 years in prison for a what most see as a fairly minor confrontation. They've been really unlucky in my opinion and I hope (but do not expect) that the British Justice system uses some common sense.

One thing that a lot of the population of this country do not understand, is the leniency of the law or the leeway which Judges had at their disposal no longer exist. Due to changes in the law, over the last twenty years and particularly since Blair came to power, Judges are very rarely in a situation where they have the option of passing sentence. Nowdays there are mandatory sentences for so many crimes, so if the CPS are confident of getting two year sentences for most of the supposed offenders, then they already know what the sentence will be if the accused are found guilty by their peers. Which in this case will probably be a degree of the original charge.

Having been called for Jury duty several times, I have been directed by the judge on the penalty for the crime on more than one occasion, should a guilty verdict be reached, including an occasion where a guy was going to be getting a life sentence for his third court appearence on a GBH charge, which included one charge of GBH for his dog biting a policeman when he was being arrested. So these guys had better pray that they get a jury which doesn't find them guilty. I hope for their sakes that they do, i'd hate to see their lives ruined for a few moments of madness.

Just think of all the vile scum on the streets that avoid long jail terms for proper crimes ffs. And all the benefit scroungers that get everything on a plate for them. 5 years??? 5 fookin years. Dear oh dear. They should be warned and maybe a few months ban (in the summer so they can come back fresh for the new season)

can i shake a tree on the common?