Highlights up, and...

Badger

Refs should be disciplined over decisions like that. It was so obviously a pen and the ref couldn't have been better placed to see it, let alone the linesman. Not only that, it was just one of a number of very questionable decisions in the game. Ranks as one of the worst referreeing displays I have ever seen in 45 years of watching football.

Hang on a min.

The ball wass fired across the box hard and his arm was down. Its not like his arm was in the air or moved in the way of the ball so anywhere else on the pitch and it ould have been ball to hand.

I think its slightly different if the ball is heading into the net and hits an arm on the way but that was a cross so the arm did not stop a certain goal.

That kind of decision has been given in the past but either decission would have been harsh on either team. Its crap that it went for them this time but thats football.

Given that he failed to spot a similar hand ball by an attacking Saints player in front of the Northam (in the Oldham box) in the first half, actually pointing to the middle of his chest when it hit nothing BUT arm, and 3 or 4 other probable handballs in the course of the match, I'm hardly surprised he didn't give it.

The defender knew it was a penalty.

I think anyone that gets hit on the arm by the ball in the box will think its gona be called. I just think the ref thought more ball to arm and as the ball wasnt heading into the net it didnt stop a certain goal so let it go.

A different ref on a different day would have probably given it but some wouldnt have. We just had the feker that didnt.

I'd say the arm was 'partially raised' rather than 'down'....

handball.jpg

I meant down as in not above his head which is when hand ball is almost always given.

Your right though, looking again his arm does go up a bit but as full speed and on the wrong side of the ref I can understand the ref (giving the benifit of doubt that the ref wasnt blind as a bat and did actually see it here) playing on believing it was ball to arm and not a certain goal.

Penalty or not, we peppered there goal and I am amazed we didnt get at least 1. Had we got the 1st I think it would have been flood gate time. But its over now. Lets hope the 2 above royally cokc things up and let us back in with a shout or hope that we get the automatic spots next year.

Refs should be disciplined over decisions like that. It was so obviously a pen and the ref couldn't have been better placed to see it, let alone the linesman. Not only that, it was just one of a number of very questionable decisions in the game. Ranks as one of the worst referreeing displays I have ever seen in 45 years of watching football.

Except for the raised arm being on the opposite side of the defender to him!