Your 'Moment of the Season.'

Colinjb

Which has been your favourite 'Moment' of the season? Doesn't have to be a game, just a moment.

Mine was the day we signed Rickie Lambert. I was (like today) in home office doing some bland paperwork but I was taken over by the whole drama on here suggesting not only we were in for him, but also spending a heap of cash to do it.

After the last few years of cheap solutions, eccentric ideas and dreadful returns I found it amazing. The joy of being saved by a billionaire was still fresh then, I was just glad to have a team to still support at that point, but that day showed that they well and truly meant business, that the grandious talk from Cortese and Pardew had some balls to go with it.

It was the day I realised that this season and the future was going to be very exciting indeed. It was wonderful.

For me it would have to be when Kelvin and Dean lifted the JPT. I know it is a poxy trophy in the grand scheme of things but to me seeing Saints at Wembley was something I thought I might never get to see, and after all the crap of the last few years I don't mind admitting I had a big old lump in my throat.

When Lambert scored the equaliser against the ****s.

Me too. Was gutted with what followed but that moment jumping up and down like a lunatic and making masturbation signs at the very close pompey fans was priceless, I really thought we were going to ruin them for a moment

For me it would have to be when Kelvin and Dean lifted the JPT. I know it is a poxy trophy in the grand scheme of things but to me seeing Saints at Wembley was something I thought I might never get to see, and after all the crap of the last few years I don't mind admitting I had a big old lump in my throat.
This.

The fireworks after we won the JPT with all the players celebrating with the cup and all that malarkey etc.

Unfortunately in the league there was never really a moment where I really thought we'd make the play-offs so "moments" are kinda hard to find.

The JPT for me I can remember last summer chatting with my mates saying that we would have a chance of winning it and we did.

Went to every game in the JPT and it provided some great memory's Papa's goal v Norwich mental, a great away day at MK Dons and watching the boys win 4 1 at Wembley and lift a trophy with 50,000 + Saints quality.

Three moments for me;

Waigo scoring the equaliser v Norwich in the cup (mates a norwich fan gave it some added spark)

Lambert equaliser v the Skates - didn't see who scored, didnt hear the stupid post goal music or the crappy tannoy announcement just 30,000 odd saints fans going absolutely mental amazing!

Kelv picking up the cup at wembley never thought Id get to go as a Saints fan fantastic day - we were on our way back!

10 minutes before kick off at Wembley, looking around the stadium and thinking YES we are on our way back.

The previous 5 years have been mainly cr*p and has been hard to take after the up ward trend from 63 to 2003.

Mine too although it also was a special moment for me watching Thomas crack that shot against Ipswich in the cup as I had my son and daughter with me going wild too.

priceless and I promise them even more away trips next season.

The entire day out to Wembley. Didn't matter what the cup was - it was silverware and we won 4-1 - magic. And there was an almost tangible feeling that this was just a very small taste of some really great adventures to come for all us Saints under the ownership of Markus. The crowning glory to a REALLY enjoyable season.

The JPT final was great all though as a match it was rather one sided so lost a bit of exciment if that makes sense. Loved watching AP picking up and waving the saints flag at the end. Cracking day all in all hope I don't have to wait another 34 years for another one like it.

Personally for me it's MK Dons away in the league (a bit left field I know) but it was my sons first ever away match and Rickie did us proud with his first Saints hatrick including that 40yrd (it gets bigger with every re-telling) wonder strike. It was also the first time I could remember saints beating a team four times in one season.

When Schneiderlin scored his first saints goal, in the 5-1 dribbing of Bristol Rovers. I was also my first live game in over 2 years having travelled thousands of miles from Oz. Worst moment was the end of the next game I went to 0-0 against Oldham, then realised play-offs were not going to happen.

In no particular order....

Signing Rickie.

Wembley day out/seeing us lift a trophy!

Wayne Thomas scoring with a thunderbolt strike!

Rickie's equaliser against the fish fiddlers.

Rickie's wonder goal from near centre circle away at MK.

Seeing us score FIVE goals at home two games running!

And just generally ENJOYING watching Saints again!

Thank you Markus, NC and AP.....

Roll on next season!!!!