Police wary of trouble for Bournemouth game

warsash saint

If they see us at Southend as worth moving to a Friday night despite our 2007 Love-In then I'm not entirely shocked that they see Bournemouth's first chance to have a go at Saints fans in 50 years as potentially troublesome.

This ''rivalry'' they're trying to build up is quite funny.

I always saw them as our little south coast neighbours; we helped them out every now and then.

All of a sudden it's the new great big south coast rivalry.

yeh right.

living fairly close to Bournemouth I unfortunately know quite a few Bournemouth mongs. I can tell you that they absolutely hate us and anybody that thinks this will be a friendly little day by the seaside is very much deluded. They've spent years looking up to us, we've helped them financially, leant them players etc, and just like a second rate cousin they hate us

living fairly close to Bournemouth I unfortunately know quite a few Bournemouth mongs. I can tell you that they absolutely hate us and anybody that thinks this will be a friendly little day by the seaside is very much deluded. They've spent years looking up to us, we've helped them financially, leant them players etc, and just like a second rate cousin they hate us

We play them pretty much every pre season without a sniff of trouble.

I reckon our Crew and the Bournemouth Massive should form a coalition Firm and have a right jolly pop at the Pigs... yeah!! What the South Coast is crying out for in these difficult times is Strong and Stable Football Thuggery and as no one club has enough hooligans to win a bust-up outright it is for the good of football violence that we put aside our respective differences. There is more that unites us than divides us, the key point being that both Firms couldn't give a toss about the game - it is about how tough we look and how much damage we can do.

There's a nice open space out side Dean Court and between our two clubs I'm sure we can get enough True Fans together and to give the Rozzers a right good kicking. It's what football is all about. Yeah....

Ps: As Saints is the bigger club we will only allow the Cherries to have three jobs on the organizing committee, but they will get the position of Deputy Thug.

I went to Uni at Bournemouth and watched a few games while I was there, but towards the end I was a bit put off by the 'scummer' chants. Ridiculous that they think we're their rivals when 99% of saints fans actually like to see Bournemouth do well! It's typical of a team that have no immediate rivals, they jump on the bandwagon of others.

Will be harder work for the OB when we go down to Bournemouth than it is when we go to Fr@tton... they are just stating the obvious, no news there.

I bet you one thing though, I bet we won't be playing them away in August or at the end of the season.

I thinkt he away game will probably be on Boxing Day... from a policing perspective, that would be perfect for them, especially if they want to make it a 'bubble' game.

Edited by StuRomseySaint

yep exactly. i used to go to a few bournemouth games with my mate who's a fan and they do indeed HATE us. they would sing anti saints songs when we were two leagues apart and (looked like) had little chance of ever playing them

i have no doubt at all some bournemouth mongs will be desperate to cause trouble when they face their bigger and far more successful neighbours

Hopefully we have them away last game of the season, get promotion on a hot May day and re-create the scenes of Leeds promotion there in 1990

We'll almost certainly get them Boxing Day or New Years Day, so the other fixture will be early or late season.

Home Boxing/NYD please, a warm trip to the beach this summer/next spring.

Thank you.

When the game finished at St. Mary's and news filtered through that Bournemouth had beaten Burton Albion to secure promotion to League One, I seem to remember most Saints' fans cheering. I was always under the impression that we quite liked them with a number of Saints' fans keeping an eye out for their results!? This rivalry that people are talking of is pretty much non-existent!

once again

most saints fans do like them.

The only saints fans i know who don't are ones who have had run ins with Bournemouth fans over the years, they call us scummers, claim to hate us, and will certainly make out it is a big rivalry.

I think most of us just see it as a decent away dayout

A perfect chance for the 'Southampton FC would like to welcome Bournemouth, Saint's fans second team, to St Mary's Stadium,' banner to be unveiled. I wonder what the cherries would make of that!

This is exaclty what we should do. Hundreds of "I love Bournemouth" banners and the Northam singing "Cherries Cherries" It would annoy the hell out of them and be far more amusing for us than any animosity.

As a Bournemouth "mong", I can assure you this hatred we have for you does not exist.

It's only a derby because you are close to us. It's only a rivalry for one season because we will be in the same league as you for the first time in 50 years.

A fair few of our fans also go to St Mary's to watch the Saints.

It's only the usual brain deads who will try and cause trouble, on both sides, please don't tar us all with the same brush.

We are obviously looking forward to it, as compared to us you are a big club.

As we did the first time we played Sheffield Wednesday. This season, been there done that, it will be just another game.

As a Bournemouth "mong", I can assure you this hatred we have for you does not exist.

It's only a derby because you are close to us. It's only a rivalry for one season because we will be in the same league as you for the first time in 50 years.

It's only the usual brain deads who will try and cause trouble, on both sides, please don't tar us all with the same brush.

As we did the first time we played Sheffield Wednesday. This season, been there done that, it will be just another game.

Seems like the majority of Bournemouth fans are just ordinary football fans - like most Saints fans. Have a loyalty to their club first - and can mix in home and away bars without a fight breaking out!

I just get the feeling the Bournemouth fans I have met have a massive chip on their shoulders - and are frightened of talking to Saints fans for fear of having their heads kicked in! Honestly it doesn't happen - ask Yeovil fans!

Unfortunately there is not a hope in hell the away game will be played in the summer/spring months as it doesn't take the brains of an arch-bishop to realise half of Southampton will end up in Bournemouth, ticket or no ticket. :-(

The away game will be Boxing Day, 12pm... or New Years Day. Almost guaranteed that one. :-(

Cheers for the viewpoint mate. It's a shame there are braindeads about who could ruin a potential good couple of days out. Hopefully we will have a good couple of games that will pass in good spirit. Hope you boys do enough to at least stay up next year, then you'll have a chance to overtake the Skates and become the second biggest club in the region.

Personally at the Bournemouth game I would just like to see a full 90 minutes of anti pompey chants. Really emphasis how much we hate po**ey and completely ignore the bournemouth fans from start to finish

That'll be like a normal home game then.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

Unless you believe in stereotypes, when all their supporters will be gay pensioners.

Unfortunately there is not a hope in hell the away game will be played in the summer/spring months as it doesn't take the brains of an arch-bishop to realise half of Southampton will end up in Bournemouth, ticket or no ticket. :-(

The away game will be Boxing Day, 12pm... or New Years Day. Almost guaranteed that one. :-(

Moved to a thursday night like the Brighton game was last season.

Hopefully we have them away last game of the season, get promotion on a hot May day and re-create the scenes of Leeds promotion there in 1990

I remember that day. I was travelling up to White Hart lane to see saints take on Spurs and there were loads and loads of Leeds fans on the other side of the motorway heading south. Knew they wouldn't all fit in dean Court and then got back in the evening , stopped at a pub in Brockenhurst and there were laods in there as well, camping up the road !!

I think we lost 2 - 1 to spurs as well?