Cheap footy shirts or a scam?

Golactico

Was looking for a football shirt and came across this website:

http://www.jerseypro.co.uk

On first glance it looks like a well presented, legitimate website selling football shirts at very cheap prices (i.e. New England shirt £19.99). However, delve a bit deeper and there is no contact address or phone number and if you go to place an order, it doesn’t go to a secure connection (ie with the gold padlock symbol) like most trustworthy sites do.

Certainly seems dodgy to me, but was just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with this website? I have Googled them but can’t really find anything about them, either good or bad.

Was looking for a football shirt and came across this website:

http://www.jerseypro.co.uk

On first glance it looks like a well presented, legitimate website selling football shirts at very cheap prices (i.e. New England shirt £19.99). However, delve a bit deeper and there is no contact address or phone number and if you go to place an order, it doesn’t go to a secure connection (ie with the gold padlock symbol) like most trustworthy sites do.

Certainly seems dodgy to me, but was just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with this website? I have Googled them but can’t really find anything about them, either good or bad.

Most online stores don't have a contact number or address... email them for it is you are that bothered.

The owner is someone called Anil Viknez - on that note, I wouldn't use the site... even if it is cosher. It was also only registered at the end of April.

Having said that, it's very likely it is a drop-shipping or affiliate website though.

All photos of our products are being taken by professionals and being touched up for web-viewing, therefore the actual product could appear different under different environment and lighting conditions. We also do not guarantee that the items are "100% non-defective" because different items have different quality criteria from different suppliers. We do not refund or accept returns on items that are perceived as not meeting "customer's personal quality expectations", such as perfection or overly immaculate expectations. Customers are suppose to clarify their expectations with our sales department if they are in doubt of any item quality prior to any purchase, and not after the purchase. We cannot guarantee on workmanship of the items that do not meet customer's personal opinion and expectation because there is no means for our products to be felt and closely inspected by customers prior to purchase.

All photos of our products are being taken by professionals and being touched up for web-viewing, therefore the actual product could appear different under different environment and lighting conditions. We also do not guarantee that the items are "100% non-defective" because different items have different quality criteria from different suppliers. We do not refund or accept returns on items that are perceived as not meeting "customer's personal quality expectations", such as perfection or overly immaculate expectations. Customers are suppose to clarify their expectations with our sales department if they are in doubt of any item quality prior to any purchase, and not after the purchase. We cannot guarantee on workmanship of the items that do not meet customer's personal opinion and expectation because there is no means for our products to be felt and closely inspected by customers prior to purchase.

That's genius. Talk about cover your arse :rolleyes:

I've had 4 shirts off these lot in the past:

http://www.bornprosper.com/cart/default.asp

I use them all for playing 5-a-side, they look and feel exactly like the genuine article and after many, many washes are still pretty much good as new. Cheaper than your site too.

Some of my friends have bought shirts from there too, all with excellent results.

I guess there's always a risk with these types of sites, but between me and my friends we've probably bought over 30 shirts from these lot, and all have been fine. Great value too.

I use them all for playing 5-a-side, they look and feel exactly like the genuine article and after many, many washes are still pretty much good as new. Cheaper than your site too.

Some of my friends have bought shirts from there too, all with excellent results.

I guess there's always a risk with these types of sites, but between me and my friends we've probably bought over 30 shirts from these lot, and all have been fine. Great value too.

Just ordered an england shirt through these people with name printed on for £20.... we'll see what turns up :D cheers

Just ordered an england shirt through these people with name printed on for £20.... we'll see what turns up :D cheers

My mate got exactly that a couple of months ago, and it was perfect. Home shirt with name and number, looked flawless to him. No problems with the sizing either.

We're yet to work out whether the shirts are fakes, replicas, or seconds. They come with all the proper labels, official manufacturer badges and what not, and the quality of material is definitely that of the proper shirts. So to all intents and purposes they look like the real thing. None of the shirts I have are in any way damaged or imperfect, all the stitching etc looks fine. I've had my four for a couple of years now and I wear one at least once a week to play footy, after all that use they have all washed up fine, no shrinking or anything. If you buy 3 or 4 at a time then the postage costs come down and you're only really paying £10 or £15 a shirt. So even if it is just a really good quality fake that you're getting, it's really not a lot of money to spend. And especially if, like me, you only use them to play football in anyway.

I'm tempted to order an England Home shirt; but for a tenner it seems too good to be true!

Gotta add on 6 quid for delivery and 4 quid if you want name printed on it ;-) But yeah, I will be surprised if its worth the 20 quid Ive parted with. Not normally one to make the right decision when it comes to purchases :D

Gotta add on 6 quid for delivery and 4 quid if you want name printed on it ;-) But yeah, I will be surprised if its worth the 20 quid Ive parted with. Not normally one to make the right decision when it comes to purchases :D

ha me either, I'm great at waisting my money. Not really sure about the sizes either, they only have medium or xl. I'm certainly not xl and the size guide says medium is 44". That's pretty big right?!

I don't bare too much resemblance to this guy:

44+Inch+Chest+(2009+-+2010)+480p.jpg

ha me either, I'm great at waisting my money. Not really sure about the sizes either, they only have medium or xl. I'm certainly not xl and the size guide says medium is 44". That's pretty big right?!

I'm a medium in most shops and I'm a 44" chest (and a 34" waist").

Ha, well I went for the XL size as per the norm. (Not a fattie btw) but didnt pay attention to the fact it says 48" :o Maybe I'm going to realise I made a bad purchase before the thing even arrives.... see what i mean!! :D

Thats US size anyway, they always exaggerate.... ;)

As PB says, they are refferring to chest rather than waist anyway so we'll be fine... go on, be brave. get the shirt.

Go with the fakes from bornpropser, they are pretty much identical, you can't really tell the difference. I've had loads from them with no problems at all.

They're perfect, I'm just about to order the away shirt to go with my home shirt.

Don't think I'd ever bother to pay £40 for a shirt after finding that place.

Apart from saints.

Though £40 is f*cking steep, i have noticed (too late mind) that this seasons are half price on the online site, but they don't have a large, which is pretty annoying.

But may buy a cheap england shirt

Depends what you want doesn't it ? If they're fakes and you're happy wearing fakes that's up to you - most of them look almost exactly like the originals now anyway - I've seen a few links to Chinese sites with fakes without the manufacturer logos for about £10 too.

i am getting charged £10 p+p?

still wondering why my p+p is £10, when someone mentioned they were getting it for £6

Not sure about that mate. Just added another to my cart to test and mine is only £6 again. Im more concerned about the fact that mine hasn't actually turned up yet :confused:

Could Dav work for these guys?? :D

Not sure about that mate. Just added another to my cart to test and mine is only £6 again. Im more concerned about the fact that mine hasn't actually turned up yet :confused:

Pretty sure he doesnt tbf......i'll try again and see what my P+P comes to this time!

EDIT- I had added another shirt, so its £10 p+p for 2 shirts

Edited by saint_stevo

Being as these lot seem to be based somewhere in Asia, and I live in Highfield, then no, I don't work for them!

As I recall, mine took about 7-10 days to arrive.

Being as these lot seem to be based somewhere in Asia, and I live in Highfield, then no, I don't work for them!

As I recall, mine took about 7-10 days to arrive.

That would be some commute :-)

Im sure its coming and Im sure Ill be impressed.... ;) As long as it arrives by the 12th for the world cup party I'll be happy.... Hope it can withstand all the alcohol that is going to get spilt over it on that day :D :rolleyes:

order placed for 2.....worrying lack of any type of confirmation!

And just checked my order under my account and it says 'Waiting for payment' even though i paid via paypal hours ago.....

I emailed them about this and had a response saying that their back office has a fault but the order has been processed.