Theo left out of world cup squad!!

Saint_Donovan

He's been useless for Arsenal this year and to be honest other than the Croatian hat-trick he has been pretty useless for England too.

I'm glad he's not going, I was disappointed he got into the provisional squad ahead of Ashley Young.

Can't say I'm suprised. Looks like he has lost alot of confidence as shown by his lack of willingness to run with the ball as often as I remember him doing when he first came on the scence or THAT game vs croatia. Always seems to want too much time and is easily bullied off the ball. He has time on his side but I think he def needs to improve his crossing as a minimum before he's picked for England on a regular basis.

feel sorry for the lad, especially after the Sven fecked him about 4 years ago, but frankly anyone who is surprised clealry has not seen him play recently. Lots of pace and threat but appalling decision making and final passing. No surprise at all IMHO. Although I disagree with those who say he has not improved since he left Saints (because its total balls), he really hasn't developed his football brain as much as he should have done.

Can't say I'm suprised. Looks like he has lost alot of confidence as shown by his lack of willingness to run with the ball as often as I remember him doing when he first came on the scence or THAT game vs croatia. Always seems to want too much time and is easily bullied off the ball. He has time on his side but I think he def needs to improve his crossing as a minimum before he's picked for England on a regular basis.

I agree, i suppose he made Fabios mind up for him, neither Mexico or Japan are known for being defensive power houses and he failed to beat him man time and time again.

shame because he had so much potential but he hasnt got the physicality or confidence to make it in this country at the highest level.

pehaps a afew seasons in spain could give him the confidence he needs

I feel really sorry for him and completely blame Arsenal, I really hope he tells Wenger to F**k off and go somewhere where he will get 1st team football, and don't forget he is only 21.

Sadly I fear he shows too much respect for others other than for himself. I do wish him well though.

feel sorry for the lad, especially after the Sven fecked him about 4 years ago, but frankly anyone who is surprised clealry has not seen him play recently. Lots of pace and threat but appalling decision making and final passing. No surprise at all IMHO. Although I disagree with those who say he has not improved since he left Saints (because its total balls), he really hasn't developed his football brain as much as he should have done.

All pace,no brain, a fairly common problem with a lot of football's "stars".

The better players have some sort of cogital process because basic footballing skills can be imparted to most people.In the younger categories the non thinkers usually show up better, because running after the ball impresses most people.When you get to a certain level it's never enough and you need footballing brain to go with the dashes down the wing and the ball juggling.

I feel really sorry for him and completely blame Arsenal, I really hope he tells Wenger to F**k off and go somewhere where he will get 1st team football, and don't forget he is only 21.

Sadly I fear he shows too much respect for others other than for himself. I do wish him well though.

Why blame Wenger? Theo was a big fish in a small pond,now he's a small fish in a big pond.

I wasnt surpirsed because i thought he'd played his way into the squad, completely the opposite actually ive been very frustrated by his performances for his country and arsenal after all the hype.

I was surprised he wasnt included because Capello seemed to be a fan and game him chance after chance.

Correct dec IMO

I wasnt surpirsed because i thought he'd played his way into the squad, completely the opposite actually ive been very frustrated by his performances for his country and arsenal after all the hype.

I was surprised he wasnt included because Capello seemed to be a fan and game him chance after chance.

Correct dec IMO

In fact Lowe getting 12 million for him was a really smart piece of business.Especially as he could have just walked away for nothing a couple of months down the line.

Why blame Wenger? Theo was a big fish in a small pond,now he's a small fish in a big pond.

Theo was 17 and for me had too much pressure put upon him, he has scored some great great goals but does not play enough. I know MLT said he should not go for this very reason but when your 17 and people show you the money what would you do.

I believe he has a future but to leave to play for a 'smaller' club or a club where he plays often and with an Alex Ferguson type mentor to help him develope he will be a great player.

I personally I think he has got worse, and rightly should not be at the world cup but remember he is 21.

Theo was 17 and for me had too much pressure put upon him, he has scored some great great goals but does not play enough. I know MLT said he should not go for this very reason but when your 17 and people show you the money what would you do.

I believe he has a future but to leave to play for a 'smaller' club or a club where he plays often and with an Alex Ferguson type mentor to help him develope he will be a great player.

I personally I think he has got worse, and rightly should not be at the world cup but remember he is 21.

To play for a club like Arsenal you have to be top class, if you don't progress then you won't play. This is the trouble with the big 5/6,if a player has 3 or 4 indifferent games then they'll just get someone else in.A young player should know this and accept it. Arsenal is a French dominated side, French players have a certain ethic in their way of life (apart from Ribery,Govou and Benzemma :)of course) Wenger would see this as the norm and any player that falls short of it will find himself out of the team. Better players than Walcott haven't really made it at really big clubs so he had very little chance.These clubs are driven by their need to make the CL every year and will let nothing get in the way of that. TW may well come good eventually but I really doubt that it will be with Arsenal.Benzemma hasn't really worked out at Real either and Domenech had no qualms about kicking him out of the final squad either, that's not Real's fault, they have better players and use them.

The turn off with Capello would have been Theo giving too many interviews and statements to the press. He should have kept him mouth shut and let his feet do the talking.

Just like with Beckham a few years back Capello is putting Theo into having now to prove himself big time.

In fact Lowe getting 12 million for him was a really smart piece of business.Especially as he could have just walked away for nothing a couple of months down the line.

Except he/the club cashed on for around 6 million in the end due to our financial difficulties, but true, Leo could have gone for almost nowt, except he and his dad wanted Saints to benefit and saw that we did.

Except he/the club cashed on for around 6 million in the end due to our financial difficulties, but true, Leo could have gone for almost nowt, except he and his dad wanted Saints to benefit and saw that we did.

no we didn't, we got 12.5 million for him at the end of the day, we cashed in on add-ons but that was Crouch think.

It is a shame but he hasn't played well this season, partly due to injury. I do think he should leave Arsenal and find a club that will play him off a main striker as I think he is much better through the middle. Maybe even somewhere like Bolton and play off Davies, or even Liverpool alongside Torres and Gerrard. He's still very young!

no we didn't, we got 12.5 million for him at the end of the day, we cashed in on add-ons but that was Crouch think.

Wrong.

Ironically in an article about Gareth Bale, the confirmation near the bottom that Walcott's deal was renegotiated for £9.1m

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/growing-pains-at-the-lane-face-to-face-gareth-bale-943923.html

Edited by The9