Brazil vs The DPRK

JackFrost

We'll see.

You'll notice Juan just did exactly the same thing, sliced it onto the roof of the net...

:lol:

Now you're just proving it. Juan tried to lob a bouncing ball with the side of his foot and messed it up. Maicon tried to hammer it in at the near post with swerve and did so. Anyone who has any footballing ability can see he was trying to do that by the way he hit the ball. There was no need to cream it like that. He had time and space and players to pick out in the middle. It was a great shot. That is obvious.

Chris Coleman agrees with us. Benjii, you're not fit to be a Championship manager/pundit. How do you feel about that?

Chris Coleman is an ignorant moron too then. It is remarkable that someone can make a living in the game and be so useless. The reason he looked up was to see where the keeper was.

Now you're just proving it. Juan tried to lob a bouncing ball with the side of his foot and messed it up. Maicon tried to hammer it in at the near post with swerve and did so. Anyone who has any footballing ability can see he was trying to do that by the way he hit the ball. There was no need to cream it like that. He had time and space and players to pick out in the middle. It was a great shot. That is obvious.

toe poke central

ORLY. I used to get paid to play, as did Chris Coleman IIRC. And apparently everyone apart from you thinks it was a cross. Now I'm a free thinker, but I'd say that was fairly evident.

I would laugh heartily if he said he tried to cross it in the post match interviews. In Portuguese, obviously.

ORLY. I used to get paid to play, as did Chris Coleman IIRC. And apparently everyone apart from you thinks it was a cross. Now I'm a free thinker, but I'd say that was fairly evident.

I would laugh heartily if he said he tried to cross it in the post match interviews. In Portuguese, obviously.

That is the one circumstance in which I will concede that I am wrong and doff my vuvuzela to you.

Well it took an outrageous fluke/world class piece of improvisation for Brazil to score the first and a world class goal for the second. Credit to DPRK though, a very composed finish from their player. Shame Tsae ot a bit greedy right at the end and wasted a couple of opportunities

I think Portugal will overcome DPRK, Ronaldo will dive all over the place and set up/score a goal or two. Can see Ivory Coast struggling though. As soon as Sven's Plan A fails against Korea they will be in trouble.

I think Portugal will overcome DPRK, Ronaldo will dive all over the place and set up/score a goal or two. Can see Ivory Coast struggling though. As soon as Sven's Plan A fails against Korea they will be in trouble.

I reckon the opposite, actually... Ivory Coast have the get-out of being able to lump it up to Drogba and see if he can bulldoze his way through - the Koreans aren't particularly big or strong. Portugal's sole tactic seems to be "give it to Ronaldo", but he preferred to spend his time falling over like a **** today.

I am with Benji on this one I think he meant that as a shot, the body position and technique is very similar to the goal Roberto Carlos scored when he was good (not sure on year, or team it was against), looking at the replay he looks at the goal, the keeper's position and the players in the box!!

The pass for the second goal was good but you would expect it from most professional footballers I would think

I am with Benji on this one I think he meant that as a shot, the body position and technique is very similar to the goal Roberto Carlos scored when he was good (not sure on year, or team it was against), looking at the replay he looks at the goal, the keeper's position and the players in the box!!

The pass for the second goal was good but you would expect it from most professional footballers I would think

I agree with you on the first goal, I think that was a stroke of improvisational genius from Maicon as he sensed Guk wasn't covering his near post tightly enough.

As for their second it was a world class pass, the direction and speed were 100% perfect. If it had been 99% perfect it would have been cleared. From Robinho's point of view if the ball had been ever so slightly to the left the keeper would have come out and gathered it, and if it had been ever so slightly to the right the defender would have dealt with it. It was just positioned and weighted so perfectly that it made the keeper think twice about coming out for it, but was just out of reach for the defender

I agree with you on the first goal, I think that was a stroke of improvisational genius from Maicon as he sensed Guk wasn't covering his near post tightly enough.

As for their second it was a world class pass, the direction and speed were 100% perfect. If it had been 99% perfect it would have been cleared. From Robinho's point of view if the ball had been ever so slightly to the left the keeper would have come out and gathered it, and if it had been ever so slightly to the right the defender would have dealt with it. It was just positioned and weighted so perfectly that it made the keeper think twice about coming out for it, but was just out of reach for the defender

Having just seen a replay of the second goal I think the pass is world class in real time but the second angle makes it seem less impressive but I think that is due to the slow motion replay. I am standing corrected, Sir!!

I was hugely impressed with the North Koreans, having expected Brazil to steamroller them. Or would it be more correct to say that Brazil were a massive disappointment compared to the highest standards that they have set historically?

When I have watched so many matches so far and the standard has mainly been so much dross, the reason for it begins to turn to suspicions that it is the ball at fault. Why is it that Brazillians and Italians shoot and the ball ends up in row Z? Who sanctions the increasing desire to replace footballs with beach balls anyway? If the players are critical of it and their comments were available to the World's press before the tournament began, then why were their concerns apparently ignored or overlooked? Did Addidas bribe the officials to accept it?

Had a quick look at North Korea's qualification matches for the World Cup.

They conceded just 7 goals in 16 games.

1st round they conceded 2 goals in 2 games against Mongolia.

2nd round they got a bye

3rd round they didn't concede at all in 6 games, in a group containing South Korea, Jordan and Turkmenistan

Final round they conceded 5 goals in 8 games, in a group consisting of South Korea, Saudi Arabia, Iran and United Arab Emirates

Maybe Brazil got tips off the Mongolian football team :lol: