Saints fans jailed

Chez

IN MY OPINION! Peopl are allowed opinions and you are not always right like you think you are!

Well as VFTT and I have already pointed out. If it was the same old faces then the police would have 5 0'clock knocked them, not plastering them in local press and media trying to find out who the fook they were.

Do you not agree?

Whilst I agree I also feel that their sentences were harsh, especially those where it was a 1st offence.

I also know that custodial sentences were the target of the OB. By B-I-L was a DS on the case. I also know that they didn't get any one those they actually wanted.

I imagine then that is why it says in the article their investigations are continuing...

What a total and utter over the top farce this all is.

The jail terms are ****ing ridiculous, as was the OB decision to let fans out at the same time, as was their cushy number of trawling through hours and hours of footage at tax payers expense

The whole thing stinks. Plenty of skates were lobbing missiles yet no punishment received. In fact I don’t remember too many Leeds fans getting locked up for throwing missiles at SMS and that was inside the ground.

Best wishes to the fellas involved

so, you agree that those gone "down" are indeed..STUPID...?

stu...do you know any of them..? (not know of them..but know them)

Of course it was stupid!

Stupid actions by stupid people.

Stupid sentances by a stupid justice system.

There, how's about that for a nice balanced way to finish?

The jail terms are ****ing ridiculous, as was the OB decision to let fans out at the same time, as was their cushy number of trawling through hours and hours of footage at tax payers expense

That's what annoys me the most, some fat arsed copper was sat here for days and days going through that CCTV footage - all at our expense.

God knows how many serious crimes were being committed while the lazy **** was sat there munching on doughnuts. I expect they needed a servere sentence to justify their obscene waste of money.

At least the Tories are gonna cut their overtime and hopefully there should be a few old bill on the dole in the coming months.

Might make other idiots think again before starting trouble at games, particularly the youth element.

They behaved like idiots, but these sentences do seem harsh when you read about rapists or paedo's who escape jail sentences (i personally know a convicted rapist who escaped jail).

I cannot believe so many on here could not fathom out beforehand that penalties for football related violence, automatically suffers harsher penalties. We have been so trouble free relatively to how things used to be, that many have forgotten how bad things were and the reason government guidelines to judges in these cases are so draconian. So a lot of fans forgot this and never realised the penalties involved, well they do now along with any other considering something similar.

Well as VFTT and I have already pointed out. If it was the same old faces then the police would have 5 0'clock knocked them, not plastering them in local press and media trying to find out who the fook they were.

Do you not agree?

Game, set and match SRS. New balls for SaintNeil90

I agree, the sentences do appear on the outset to be quite high but most will be out in six months, if not earlier. I would imagine most will also have an option of being in an 'open prison' after a few months (meaning they go back at night, but spend the days on the outside), therefore i think 12months is fine. If it was 6 months, they'd be out in 3, and i personally wonder if that'd be enough of detterant for others.

The fact is, violence at football games used to be common. No one wants it to go back to those days so harsher penalities were accepted when they came in. St Marys has recently seen an increase in violence so this may stop that happening again. Perhaps.

I've said it before, all those involved had a choice...to get involved or walk home like the vast majority of us without getting involved.

They chose to get involved. All to easy to blame others for their actions in todays namby pamby, nannie state. It's the Police's fault, it's their parents fault, it's the Pompey fans fault, it's the Leeds fans fault, it's the clubs fault....utter, utter rubbish, it is no one's fault but their own.

So face facts and they should the consequences.

That's what annoys me the most, some fat arsed copper was sat here for days and days going through that CCTV footage - all at our expense.

God knows how many serious crimes were being committed while the lazy **** was sat there munching on doughnuts. I expect they needed a servere sentence to justify their obscene waste of money.

At least the Tories are gonna cut their overtime and hopefully there should be a few old bill on the dole in the coming months.

What a ridiculous statement. This isn't Starsky and Hutch you know. So the Tories cut expenditure to an already under maned police force, and this solves the problem does it?

Those guys got what they deserved. If they have jobs and families they should have acted more responsibly. I've got no sympathy for them.

absolutely, no defence for them. They chose to do it

What a ridiculous statement. This isn't Starsky and Hutch you know. So the Tories cut expenditure to an already under maned police force, and this solves the problem does it?

Those guys got what they deserved. If they have jobs and families they should have acted more responsibly. I've got no sympathy for them.

I think the point he is making is that if they have the time to launch an operation involving hundreds of hours of police officer time to jail 12 people for throwing coins, then surely they are indeed overstaffed and can be cut.

Were they involved in a violent disorder? Yes

Were they caught? Yes

Tough luck, they committed a crime and are now getting their reward for it.

I've zero sympathy, if they don't like the thought of prison they could have just gone home after the game, like the thousands of us that did.

Sorry, but this made me laugh - do you honestly believe any of what you wrote...?

Oh dear. There are some fantastic barrack room lawyers on here. Remind me not to ask any of you to represent me next time I get involved in violent disorder.

The sentences have been reached based on the crimes they have been convicted of. You can moan about it all you want, but the judge is fully justified in doling out those sentences. They may seem harsh to some, but they are as much of a deterrent as anything else. Rightly so as well, the punishments seem to have made a few people on here sit up and take notice.

And read the report again - a pensioner needed stitches, someone else almost with a serious eye injury. Maybe minor to some, but if it was one of my family I'd be wanting some time dished out to the perpetrators.

Also does sound like the police allowed it to happen. Which makes the idiots who took part in the violence even more stupid! Oh look, police. Oh look, cameras. I know, let's start chucking things.

There seems to be a few people saying 'ignore the criminal damage thing, they're only being punished for chucking coins'. But as far as I've read, the actual details haven't been released. So let's ignore the chucking coins bit for now as well, until the truth comes out.

Oh and if that is all you are clinging to, just remember that throwing an object is showing intent to injure. It isn't the same as speeding, or even drink driving...these are reckless. Intent to cause harm is worse, it is more like speeding AND aiming your car at a pedestrian. It is also just as cowardly.

I think the point he is making is that if they have the time to launch an operation involving hundreds of hours of police officer time to jail 12 people for throwing coins, then surely they are indeed overstaffed and can be cut.

The thing is these convictions will refresh the memories of those who forgot about Maze Hill. We won't be seeing a repeat of the trouble around the stadium for a very long time because of those sentences. Surely you must agree this is a good thing.

Oh dear. There are some fantastic barrack room lawyers on here. Remind me not to ask any of you to represent me next time I get involved in violent disorder.

The sentences have been reached based on the crimes they have been convicted of. You can moan about it all you want, but the judge is fully justified in doling out those sentences. They may seem harsh to some, but they are as much of a deterrent as anything else. Rightly so as well, the punishments seem to have made a few people on here sit up and take notice.

And read the report again - a pensioner needed stitches, someone else almost with a serious eye injury. Maybe minor to some, but if it was one of my family I'd be wanting some time dished out to the perpetrators.

Also does sound like the police allowed it to happen. Which makes the idiots who took part in the violence even more stupid! Oh look, police. Oh look, cameras. I know, let's start chucking things.

There seems to be a few people saying 'ignore the criminal damage thing, they're only being punished for chucking coins'. But as far as I've read, the actual details haven't been released. So let's ignore the chucking coins bit for now as well, until the truth comes out.

Oh and if that is all you are clinging to, just remember that throwing an object is showing intent to injure. It isn't the same as speeding, or even drink driving...these are reckless. Intent to cause harm is worse, it is more like speeding AND aiming your car at a pedestrian. It is also just as cowardly.

In answer to the last bit of your post regards throwing objects etc,i just wish the police were so enthusiastic about getting convictions when away fans throw coins etc into the Northam.Ive had friends who have been hit by away fans (especially pompey fans),throwing things at us,but the police seem reluctant to do anything about it,even though they have cctv in the ground.

I have also witnessed a Luton fan punch someone outside St Marys right in front of a copper and despite my offer to be a witness,the policeman didnt want to know,instead he ignored the victims and my protest and let the Luton fan go.

I think the police were trying to justify their expenses.

Remembering how I felt walking through some of the louts with my 11 yo daughter and 6 yo son, they deserve everything they got and more. My boy wouldn't go to a game for three games after he witnessed that.

there we go ladies and gents.....if any reason why these deserve their penalty

Same here, one of my mates was assaulted outside the stadium and in full view of a policeman. But regardless of other things that have happened, it doesn't make what they have done any better or worse. They got caught and have gone down. Tough luck for them.

there we go ladies and gents.....if any reason why these deserve their penalty

Scaring kids at the footy = 1 year.

Being a kiddy fiddler = 6 months.

My problem with it all is that the sentences were decided, ahead of time, by the CPS / OB. I'm just surprised they weren't dished out just before the WC started. And before anyone says it's ******s you may like to read my posts when this 1st all surfaced as by B-I-L, a DS on the case, said that jail terms were going to be dished out for all those convicted.

Scaring kids at the footy = 1 year.

Being a kiddy fiddler = 6 months.

My problem with it all is that the sentences were decided, ahead of time, by the CPS / OB. I'm just surprised they weren't dished out just before the WC started. And before anyone says it's ******s you may like to read my posts when this 1st all surfaced as by B-I-L, a DS on the case, said that jail terms were going to be dished out for all those convicted.

they were not charged with scaring kids though....infact, as someone has posted..does any of us know the "full details"...infact, does anyone actually know these people we are offended for..?

Remembering how I felt walking through some of the louts with my 11 yo daughter and 6 yo son, they deserve everything they got and more. My boy wouldn't go to a game for three games after he witnessed that.

It probably wasn't the greatest idea to take your children to that game.

I think the police were trying to justify their expenses.

My problem with it all is that the sentences were decided, ahead of time, by the CPS / OB.

Just for all the obvious legal experts on here - you do realise that sentencing is decided by the COURTS, don't you? It has nothing to do with the Police/CPS.

I also find truly hilarious the suggestion on this thread that apparently the Police shouldn't have bothered investigating this matter, and by doing so they're demonstrating they are over-resourced. You know, given it was a major incident that made the press and involved large-scale offending, and all that. What else should they not bother investigating, out of interest? On that basis, the odd poxy rape or murder doesn't seem like a very good use of resources.

I wonder what the 2 skates who threw the firecracker at Mounted Police will get? If we are going to have a proportionate sentance, then I guess they are looking at 10 years.

Probably very little. The Courts often take the approach when it comes to assaults/offences against Police that they should almost expect it. Whereas every other judicial system in the world punishes offending against the Police extra-harshly (on the basis that it's an attack on a representative of the crown etc), in the UK they tend to be more lenient, not less. Bizarre.

Stu, just out of interest (as you seem to have a great deal personally invested in this matter), have you actually seen the video footage from the EGs? You seem to refer repeatedly to 'throwing coins' as the (only) thing that these people did - is that based on what they said, or what has actually been proven? I'm asking the question in all seriousness, I know very little about this matter and on the face of it the sentences do seem strong. Having said that, one thing I do know about disorder is you'll never ever get to the truth of the extent what happened unless it's captured on video, and even then often not 100%, so I would just be naturally sceptical of an acertation that 'all they did was throw a coin'.

And incidentally FYI, Violent Disorder is a far more 'serious' offence than Criminal Damage, and encapsulates disorder as a whole (obviously) - the fact that they weren't separately charged with criminal damage does not mean that any damage caused (or indeed any assaults committed) are not taken into consideration in the sentencing - quite the opposite.

I know the Sister of the 19 year old Matthew Hinton, who was sentanced to a year at a YOI. Unless he has changed dramatically, i.e gone from one extreme to the the other in the year or so I havnt seen him around, then this young lad has had a hell of a coming down on for what would have been a moment of madness for him.

All the sentances are harsh, and IMO, there should only have been sentances for those that have previous.

Pompey get away with stealing over £100 Million, while our fans get put away for throwing Hub Caps??? Pathetic.

I know the Sister of the 19 year old Matthew Hinton, who was sentanced to a year at a YOI. Unless he has changed dramatically, i.e gone from one extreme to the the other in the year or so I havnt seen him around, then this young lad has had a hell of a coming down on for what would have been a moment of madness for him.

All the sentances are harsh, and IMO, there should only have been sentances for those that have previous.

Pompey get away with stealing over £100 Million, while our fans get put away for throwing Hub Caps??? Pathetic.

I don't class them as fans! No loss so stop over reacting....

If you enjoy sitting/hiding behind your PC trying to prove people wrong and that's what gives you a hard-on every night, can I suggest you get on a dating site and find a bird ( or bloke in your case )

LOL, you've posted 42 times in a thread that is not even 24 hours old, possibly the most hypocritical thing i've seen all day :lol:

Stephen Jordan, 49, of Middle Road, Sholing, was seen pulling on the 6ft high fence by an officer. He later made the 'toe to toe' comment in interview.

Plumber Marcus Bevan, 23, of Warburton Road, Thornhill, threw missiles at the Pompey fans and later said in a police interview he wanted to fight them.

A report said his aggressive action inspired others to do the same.

Former Royal Navy engineer and Falklands veteran, Christopher Stevens, 46, of Stagbrake Close, Southampton, threw bottle tops, while James Smith, 34, of Brentwood Crescent, Southampton threw a stone.

Cameron Jordan, 22, son of Steven Jordan, threw a large piece of plastic and pulled at the fence. Matthew Hinton, 19, of Hillside Avenue, Southampton, threw a coin, as did Lewis Buckley, 24, of The Millburns, Romsey.

James Koral, 20, of Haddon Drive, Eastleigh, threw several missiles while Xavier Whyte, 22, of Wilton Road, Southampton, threw a plastic chair.

Kevin Medway, 28, of Old Farm Drive, Southampton, pulled the fence and threw a bottle top, while Michael Byles, 24, of Aldemoor Road, Southampton, grabbed at the fence.

Alan Taylor, 30, of Milton Road, Southampton, aggressively confronted a PCSO after going to the scene looking for a fight, 'so he could be beaten up and die'.

The men's barristers indicated their remorse and shame over what happened.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/newshome/39Saints-fans-looked-for-Pompey.6357904.jp

Now please, that is the charges, tell me pulling on a f*cking fence deserves 12 months prison, it's a f*cking disgrace,

Just for all the obvious legal experts on here - you do realise that sentencing is decided by the COURTS, don't you? It has nothing to do with the Police/CPS.

Strange then how I was told, and as posted on here at the time, what the sentences would be isn't it.

You're nuts if you think the CPS don't have any input into sentencing once a conviction is made.

String him up.....

12 months prison, according to some of the idiots on here, that's well deserved for grabbing a fence.

And before anyone says anything, I am pretty sure if there was anything else, then the reporter from the News would have mentioned it?

Also, what I want to know, who the fook had the bottle tops? :shock:

I feel sorry for those lads who kicked the **** out of that cyclist on central bridge (4 on 1 I think), on the basis of that sentencing, they're gonna get hung drawn and quartered.

Oh! maybe not, it seems that one of the alleged suspects has ADAH or whatever (yawn) and been on 'Trisha'........probably get a nice holiday to the world cup final or something.

Edited by harvey

Stephen Jordan, 49, of Middle Road, Sholing, was seen pulling on the 6ft high fence by an officer. He later made the 'toe to toe' comment in interview.

Plumber Marcus Bevan, 23, of Warburton Road, Thornhill, threw missiles at the Pompey fans and later said in a police interview he wanted to fight them.

A report said his aggressive action inspired others to do the same.

Former Royal Navy engineer and Falklands veteran, Christopher Stevens, 46, of Stagbrake Close, Southampton, threw bottle tops, while James Smith, 34, of Brentwood Crescent, Southampton threw a stone.

Cameron Jordan, 22, son of Steven Jordan, threw a large piece of plastic and pulled at the fence. Matthew Hinton, 19, of Hillside Avenue, Southampton, threw a coin, as did Lewis Buckley, 24, of The Millburns, Romsey.

James Koral, 20, of Haddon Drive, Eastleigh, threw several missiles while Xavier Whyte, 22, of Wilton Road, Southampton, threw a plastic chair.

Kevin Medway, 28, of Old Farm Drive, Southampton, pulled the fence and threw a bottle top, while Michael Byles, 24, of Aldemoor Road, Southampton, grabbed at the fence.

Alan Taylor, 30, of Milton Road, Southampton, aggressively confronted a PCSO after going to the scene looking for a fight, 'so he could be beaten up and die'.

The men's barristers indicated their remorse and shame over what happened.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/newshome/39Saints-fans-looked-for-Pompey.6357904.jp

Now please, that is the charges, tell me pulling on a f*cking fence deserves 12 months prison, it's a f*cking disgrace,

Good point. Why don't you write one of your letters and see if the judge will let them serve their sentence in installments?

Strange then how I was told, and as posted on here at the time, what the sentences would be isn't it.

You're nuts if you think the CPS don't have any input into sentencing once a conviction is made.

I'm sure they make recommendations, and they have targets for the crimes they are investigating. But that doesn't mean that the courts will even pay heed to them

Seriously can't get my head around that some of you are actually happy that people have been put in prison for doing nothing more than grabbing a fence ( it was nothing more than that, it's in black and white ) in the heat of the moment, or threw a bottle top or bit of plastic and they are not looking at least 5 or 6 months in prison, lost jobs, lost houses, kids having their Dads taken away for that time.

For what? Grabbing a f*cking fence. Now sorry, but regardless of the police filming, you could be excused for thinking that grabbing a fence is not going to get you put in prison, nor is throwing a 'bottle top' .

My thoughts go out to all the lads families, many of whom might lose their house or are wondering how they are going to be able to put food on the table for the kids and hope they all are released asap.

We really do have some retarded supporters, I don't know if you think it's funny them getting put in prison just to show off, or whether you genuinely feel it, either way... it's wrong. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, and would be saying exactly the same if it was the other way round and it was P*mpey fans that got shafted by the justice system.

Put it into perspective, you can burgle a house, nick a car, drink drive, put someone in hospital after a fight in town, mug a granny etc and STILL expect less than a 12 month prison sentence which them lads got for 'grabbing a fence' .

Some people on here need to either stop showing off or get some perspective.

Edited by StuRomseySaint