Saints fans jailed

Chez

The Judges can't win can they ...too harsh and we have bleeding hearts like you and too soft they are letting the criminals away with it. They were a bunch of pack animals on the day and they fully deserved what they got. Are you so upset because you were involved or are you condoning their behavior just for the sake of it?

Oh brilliant, lets start sentancing on what ifs, when you drive at 80 on the motorway, what if you hit someone and kill them, death by dangerous driving for you, not because of what you did, but what if....

When you drive over the speed limit it's not a premeditated attempt to kill a child, but when vandals throw coins or basically engage in thuggery it's a pre meditated act to cause harm to others. That said both incidents are breaking the law.

Remember that Blackburn fan that was killed last season because a BIN was thrown?

Throwing a hubcap into a crowd of people could just as easily bring about the same outcome.

LMFAO

You are joking?

Plastic hubcap thrown from 100 yards away

or

Huge great metal bin thrown at a fan at point blank.

:lol:

Yes, exactly the same.

Remember that Blackburn fan that was killed last season because a BIN was thrown?

Throwing a hubcap into a crowd of people could just as easily bring about the same outcome.

Wasn't senior citizens head cut?

How would those defending the vandals feel if it had been their grandad?

LMFAO

You are joking?

or

Yes, exactly the same.

It was a plastic bin, not unlike those round ones you get in schools.

AND, it wasn't at point blank. It was launched from one side of the concourse to the other. All the details are on footballforums.net somewhere, if you want to look it up. Blackburn fans were very detailed on the matter.

LMFAO

You are joking?

or

Yes, exactly the same.

Drop a penny off the top of the Eifel Tower and it'll kill a human if it hits them on the head.

How is it the police' fault? If these c*cks were removed from the equation, there wouldnt be a problem in the first place. Like mentioned earlier, these lot go out with the sole intention to do harm to the community. But it's ok, it's not their fault. We must blame the police for breeding these retards. I have no sympathy whatsoever.

Let's be honest, none of us really know what they have been found guilty of, so until we do it's difficult to have a strong opinion either way.

Somehow I doubt they were sent down for a year just for throwing a coin, but let's wait and see eh?

Are you suggesting that driving above the speed limit ( say 50 in a 30 past a school at kicking out time ) is not reckless? You would still only get 3 points on your license and a slapped wrist because although something worse could have happened, it didn't.

No it is not reckless, if you did this at school time with kids etc walking around and got caught then you would be done for dangerous driving etc.

Behaving recklessly is for instance throwing missiles around and causing violence in the near vacinity of people not wanting to be involved and young kids etc. What would have happened if a young kid did get a missile in the head or face etc ??

If a group of f*cking idiots wants to get together with another group and beat seven shades of sh*t out of each other than so be it, but when it happens around people just wanting to have a day out with the family or whatever then you are clearly a f*cking C*nt and deserve all you get, just a coin thrown or not. Violence escalates with idiots such as this, so a small coin or a 'come on then' tends to turn into something far more sinister.

On another note, say some f*cking idiot is throwing knives around or something ? Or driving like a complete idiot and just misses you or only causes you a small injury ? Would you be fine to turn around and say, 'oh well, i didn't get seriously hurt did i ?'

Edited by Smirking_Saint

How is it the police' fault? If these c*cks were removed from the equation, there wouldnt be a problem in the first place. Like mentioned earlier, these lot go out with the sole intention to do harm to the community. But it's ok, it's not their fault. We must blame the police for breeding these retards. I have no sympathy whatsoever.

I agree with you to an extent - it is the polices job to keep citizens safe. Why did they let the Pompey fans out so early?

The Judges can't win can they ...too harsh and we have bleeding hearts like you and too soft they are letting the criminals away with it. They were a bunch of pack animals on the day and they fully deserved what they got. Are you so upset because you were involved or are you condoning their behavior just for the sake of it?

If anyone was involved then surely they would not be posting on here... seeing as they would be in jail. :rolleyes:

How anyone can blame the police force in attendance is unbelievable. 30000 people were upset with that result and a hundred or so decided to make the polices afternoon a bloody tough one. How anyone can suggest such actions shouldn't be properly punished is also unbelievable. It's disappointing to think that, as someone said earlier, if this was P**pey fans people would be saying this wasn't long enough. Who can honestly say they believe people have been jailed for being on camera throwing one coin? That just doesn't happen. Rose tinted galsses or not, violence between men at a sporting event that attracts kids and families is not healthy and should be punished in a society. And a £50 fine and a tap on the wrist won't do the trick. The idea of a punishment is to decrease such actions in the future by the individuals punished and to send out a message to others. This, you'd like to think, will do both.

I saw a lot of Pompey fans who able to walk safely to their vehicles without having to hide their colours. That is how it should be, if this harsh sentence makes it be more likely to happen then I will accept that the law is correct. I await until the zimmer frame mob come down this season. They are gearing up to send down fans who dont normally turn up, if the rumours are true ( i know we have heard it all before, and the police will be ready). I hope the police are filming these people and make an example of those who are traveling intentionally looking for trouble

I expect the stories about Pompey thugs joining up with the Bournemouth thugs will soon start doing the rounds.

I think banning orders would have been suffice and all we have now is clogged up prisons for doing next to nothing.

Personally i blame the Police who made a total disaster of allowing both fans out at the same time.

You have a point but these people are c*nts and can f*ck off, I hope they move away. pathetic, moronic excuses for humans.

I'm glad they have been locked up and you should all be.

I see one of them had extra added for a previous fight. And it would appear his younger brother (same surname and address) was involved. Not exactly first time offender was he? To be honest, let em rot. I don't care how heavy the item was they threw, like I dont care how close a drink driver was to the limit. They are putting innocent people at risk and our society should be rid of them. I dont care if it was a stitch up by the police. If it was, it was not a very subtle one, and they were stupid enough to have a pop anyway. Seriously. They deserve all they get. Then maybe my children wont be put at risk the next time someone decides they want a good ruck after the game.

I see one of them had extra added for a previous fight. And it would appear his younger brother (same surname and address) was involved. Not exactly first time offender was he? To be honest, let em rot. I don't care how heavy the item was they threw, like I dont care how close a drink driver was to the limit. They are putting innocent people at risk and our society should be rid of them. I dont care if it was a stitch up by the police. If it was, it was not a very subtle one, and they were stupid enough to have a pop anyway. Seriously. They deserve all they get. Then maybe my children wont be put at risk the next time someone decides they want a good ruck after the game.

Do you drive at not a mile over 30mph?

Do you drive a Volvo?

the judge said...

'The reality is that you were each involved in a very serious violent disorder and the courts must send a message to you who have been caught and those many who have not that anyone who chooses to join in disorder of this nature does so at the peril of losing their liberty.'

Couldn't agree more

I do sometimes go over 30. My model of car is irrelevant. I do also choose not to throw items, of any weight, indiscriminately into a crowd of people. I also go to football matches with the sole intention of watching the football. When its over, i go home. EVERY SINGLE TIME. Any kind of violent behaviour at a football match deserves to be punished. We have all moved on, its not the 80's any more, I think its about time these morons do the same. Maybe, just maybe, this will stop people from doing it again. Although I guess I wont hold my breath cos they are not the brightest are they?

I do sometimes go over 30. My model of car is irrelevant. I do also choose not to throw items, of any weight, indiscriminately into a crowd of people. I also go to football matches with the sole intention of watching the football. When its over, i go home. EVERY SINGLE TIME. Any kind of violent behaviour at a football match deserves to be punished. We have all moved on, its not the 80's any more, I think its about time these morons do the same. Maybe, just maybe, this will stop people from doing it again. Although I guess I wont hold my breath cos they are not the brightest are they?

So you break the speed limit? You must have seen the advert?

If you hit someone at 30mph, there's an 80% chance they will live, if you hit them at 40mph, there is an 80% chance they will die.

You know this, yet you choose to speed?

You are sc*m of the highest order. Let's hope your children don't ever walk out in front of someone breaking the speed limit eh? I am sure you will accept it though as 'everyone does it' eh?

SRS, I can't for the life of me, understand why you defend the indefensible. You were the same about the saints players who nicked from the handbags in Southsea, then you laughed and said it was only high spirits .If we all lived by your rules, there would be war on the streets!

SRS, I can't for the life of me, understand why you defend the indefensible. You were the same about the saints players who nicked from the handbags in Southsea, then you laughed and said it was only high spirits .If we all lived by your rules, there would be war on the streets!

I am not defending them, they deserved to get punished, however every sentance has to fit the crime... these were made an example of and have been sent to jail for an offence that in any other walk of life, it would be dealt with by police with an £80 fine.

It's wrong... completely wrong.

Er no, they are being sent down for throwing a coin, "pre-meditation" has nothing to do with the sentencing. HTH and all that.

Errrr what...? I'm totally lost now. So 12 football fans got 13 years between them for 'throwing a coin' which caused k's of £'s worth of damage....! This I have to see - is it on youtube anywhere...???

Nice to see people flinging insults at the guys jailed from the safety of their computers. Can't believe these guys have been jailed yet the Saints fan that stamped on that Yeovil fans head gets away with a suspended sentence.

Errrr what...? I'm totally lost now. So 12 football fans got 13 years between them for 'throwing a coin' which caused k's of £'s worth of damage....! This I have to see - is it on youtube anywhere...???

Micky.

Can you point me in the direction of their charges of criminal damage? These people were not charged with causing criminal damage, they were charged with violent disorder. So the £30,000 of damage is irrelevent ( and infact was caused mainly by the skates )

Where are people condoning their behaviour? You're missing the point as per usual.

LOL at the wannabe Green Streeters up in arms at criminals being caught & punished, once again lead by chief thug apologist SRS.

I read the first page, but can't be bothered to trawl through the rest, it's all been said before.

They may only have chucked a few hub-caps or coins, what would have happened if one of those hub-caps had struck someone on the head & caused brain damage, or even killed them, what would have happened if one of those coins had struck someone in eye and caused them to go blind?

Good riddance to 'em. I couldn't give a toss whether they were or were not known hoolies before this it doesn't make them any less innocent. I haven't checked, but I don't believe Peter Sutcliff was known to th OB before slicing & dicing prostitutes in Yorkshire. Maybe they'll think about it the consequences before doing it a second time.

Mongs the lot of 'em, as are those on here defending them.

Exactly.

As I said on here a few months ago (and had no nothing idiots trying to disagree with me), these lads would be hammered with completely disproportionate sentences to the crime. It people misbehave at football, by all means arrest and punish them, but this is clearly politically driven to make a point and is therefore grossly unfair. Best wishes to the lads and families concerned.

I did say on here a while back that my brother-in-law was part of the CID team investigating the trouble and he had told me that the CPS and the OB were going to ensure custodial sentences.

Like other similar cases, it was pre-decided.

I don't understand how people can blame the police for people being(and it seems pre-meditated violence as well) violent. I understand how maybe you could argue the police didn't control the situation, but it's still their as in the peoples fault. I was at that game and didn't feel the need to go chuck car parts at Pompey fans.

LOL at the wannabe Green Streeters up in arms at criminals being caught & punished, once again lead by chief thug apologist SRS.

I read the first page, but can't be bothered to trawl through the rest, it's all been said before.

They may only have chucked a few hub-caps or coins, what would have happened if one of those hub-caps had struck someone on the head & caused brain damage, or even killed them, what would have happened if one of those coins had struck someone in eye and caused them to go blind?

Good riddance to 'em. I couldn't give a toss whether they were or were not known hoolies before this it doesn't make them any less innocent. I haven't checked, but I don't believe Peter Sutcliff was known to th OB before slicing & dicing prostitutes in Yorkshire. Maybe they'll think about it the consequences before doing it a second time.

Mongs the lot of 'em, as are those on here defending them.

It is not a case of defending them but surprise at the harsh sentencing. Yes somebody's eye could have been taken out. i also feel that Freeborn do not deserve to have their cars damaged

I don't understand how people can blame the police for people being(and it seems pre-meditated violence as well) violent. I understand how maybe you could argue the police didn't control the situation, but it's still their as in the peoples fault. I was at that game and didn't feel the need to go chuck car parts at Pompey fans.

Stipid? Yes. Pre-meditated? No.

Deserve a suspended sentence, fine and banning order? Yes. Deserve prison time? No.

I think most people are missing the point.

Nobody is saying that those involved should be given a medal and held up as heroes. What they did was stupid. If you throw a coin into a crowd of people you should get punished.

What a lot of us are thinking is how harsh the sentences are compared to similar (or way worse) crimes that are carried out away from a football ground.

For me mugging an old lady of her handbag (with or without physical violence to her) is a way, way worse crime. Do this as your 1st ever crime and you'll probably get sent to some Butlins holiday camp to get 'cured'. Not sent to prison for a year.

As the Dead Wretched sang all those years ago - 'No Justice'.

Commiserations to the family and friends of those 1st time offenders who wrongly (in my opinion) are now behind bars.

When you speeding then you should be locked up and throw away the key... by driving at 40mph instead of 30mph you are doing so in the full knowledge you are 3 times more likely to kill someone if they walk out in front of you.

Oh, and I don't condone their actions, they deserved to get nicked for being stupid and throwing missiles in front of the police if nothing else... I just don't see how throwing a coin which doesn't hit anyone can carry a 12 month prison sentance, and how stamping on someones head in a different 'less public' football match deserves a suspended sentance and ticking off?

No consistancy... that's my gripe.

Stipid? Yes. Pre-meditated? No.

Deserve a suspended sentence, fine and banning order? Yes. Deserve prison time? No.

To be honest, I'm more arguing against the silly people on here trying to blame the police for this. If I went to town right now and beat someone up, whose fault is it? Mine.

To be honest, I'm more arguing against the silly people on here trying to blame the police for this. If I went to town right now and beat someone up, whose fault is it? Mine.

What was the polices job? ( What they got PAID by SFC to do? They were not just there watching on, they were paid thousands of pounds to do a job, not sit back watching )

To prevent disorder? Would that be a fair assumption?

If so, did they prevent disorder to the best of their abilities?

Micky.

Can you point me in the direction of their charges of criminal damage? These people were not charged with causing criminal damage, they were charged with violent disorder. So the £30,000 of damage is irrelevent ( and infact was caused mainly by the skates )

Stu, no I can't , I was referring to Sour Mashes comment below, which tbh I find somewhat bemusing.

All of that said I really can't get too upset about these guys getting done. You above all must aprreciate the good old addage of 'if you cant do the time etc etc'. It is no different here. Let's be honest, as others have stated they could have just left SMS and gone on home - nobody forced them to get involved in this situation. As for the damage, it could be argued that it would not have happened if they had not congregated on what was somebodies private premises. Had it been my business I'd be pretty p issed off at them as well.

Whether they did, or did not contribute to the damage, I'm not particularly bothered mate - they got themselves into that situation and they deserve what comes thier way. I agree the police could have handled the situation somewhat differently, however you take responsibility for yourself when you reach the age of consent - these were grown men making poor decissions at the end of the day.

Er no, they are being sent down for throwing a coin, "pre-meditation" has nothing to do with the sentencing. HTH and all that.

What was the polices job? ( What they got PAID by SFC to do? They were not just there watching on, they were paid thousands of pounds to do a job, not sit back watching )

To prevent disorder? Would that be a fair assumption?

If so, did they prevent disorder to the best of their abilities?

Unless a police officer said 'Oi, mate... go punch that guy over there would ya', it's clearly not their fault. How well the police performed is irrelevant in the larger picture of who committed the crime and so who is ultimately responsible. Yes, the police could perhaps have done more to sustain order, but the people should not have set off for a fight in the first place. It's the peoples fault. If I walked past a bunch of Pompey fans I certainly wouldn't start chucking stuff at them.

but if the police saw you waiting outside a police station for someone to come out knowing full well there was a chance there might be a violent incident, but you hadn't actually commited it yet, what would they do? Would they give you a talking too, move you out of the area and then release the individual you might clash with ensuring you are well away, or would they let him out, let you two get on with it and stand around filming it? No one is saying people are not responsible for their own action, but the police are responsible for preventing it. Like it or not, some people will look for a fight at football when we play our neighbours, thats life, doesn't make it right, but that is how it is.