And Now, The End Is Near . . . . .

EastleighSoulBoy

LOL!

Ah yes but don't forget they've got three parties interested in them and one is worth billions!!! LOL!

I wondered why we hadn't seen much of PES and Corp whore lately. :D

and of course lets not forget NOTW is a paper that delivers FACT in every article it produces, you boys should know better than anyone about not believing everything thats written

and of course lets not forget NOTW is a paper that delivers FACT in every article it produces, you boys should know better than anyone about not believing everything thats written

Yeah but I've got the feeling that this is one story that is pretty close to the mark. Gayskidmark isn't a billionairre and its not like they can get 40,000 crowds is it? They still struggle to sell-out games even though they've just had their best season in 50 years. He probably hasn't actually given the club a penny he's probably loaned from banks and acted as guarantor. Now the banks are saying "no-more" due to the global financial crisis he's worried he will have to actually give the club some money! Now he's looking for someone to buy the club for a little more than what he paid for it and who are willing to take on the debts. The same thing is happening at Chelsea, Abramovich has borrowed the £600million or so Chelsea have spent on players and if he gets bored and leaves he will have to pay that and the club has only a few months to pay him back!

Guest Hacienda

The debt was published in the accounts. Of course, our resident skates laughed it off quoting the Sky money.

Looks like they were wrong.

On Sky this morning there was a discussion about debt in football and they had quite a lot to say about Portsmouth.

Apparently the Skates bought all these sh*t hot players to do well and attract more fans. They would then borrow the money to build a new stadium and thereby have an increased income, allowing them to buy better players and pay off the debts.

However, for one thing they have not attracted more fans. So they cannot convince anyone to lend them the money, as they will not sell out a bigger stadium.

They also borrowed the money for Crouch and Defoe - and they can't afford to pay it back. It's now believed that Pompey will try to offload both in january.

In short, the owners put all their faith in the fans, who have let the club down and could well destroy it. Tut tut Corpy, PES etc - I thought you were the best fans in the world? ;)

It will now show who does own the club.If Gaydamek snr does then the debt is nothing if jnr does he is not going to be able to afford to keep it going.Knowing their luck snr will pop his clogs and so jnr will payroll the club more.

Pes is not one of the Skates who is full of it and should not be the one who gets the stick.

It will now show who does own the club.If Gaydamek snr does then the debt is nothing if jnr does he is not going to be able to afford to keep it going.Knowing their luck snr will pop his clogs and so jnr will payroll the club more.

Pes is not one of the Skates who is full of it and should not be the one who gets the stick.

as you all think the NOTW is right, the people are reporting we are to be bought by middle eastern and far eastern people and we have entered a period of 60 days exclusivity while they examine the cub. so this must also ber FACT because a newspaper reported it (also reported a few weeks ago aswell)!

personally I think we will be taken over by someone with more money as its the fashion to own a prem club lately and I'll enjoy the ride for the time being. Getting rid of players in january rubbish is exactly that and pure speculation on their part. We have known the club has been up for sale since june and in fact rumour has it we agreed to be taken over before the end of last season but sasha upped the price because of the cup win ergo investors went cool on the idea.

So yes we are up for sale but the rest of what they print is very speculative

I'm putting the Pompey-Saints rivalry to one side for a second and just making an honest assessment

Any business that spends 95% of it's turnover on wages, is a business hurtling towards rack and ruin

I'm convinced we will see another Leeds United soon, and Pompey sound good bets

as you all think the NOTW is right, the people are reporting we are to be bought by middle eastern and far eastern people and we have entered a period of 60 days exclusivity while they examine the cub. so this must also ber FACT because a newspaper reported it (also reported a few weeks ago aswell)!

personally I think we will be taken over by someone with more money as its the fashion to own a prem club lately and I'll enjoy the ride for the time being. Getting rid of players in january rubbish is exactly that and pure speculation on their part. We have known the club has been up for sale since june and in fact rumour has it we agreed to be taken over before the end of last season but sasha upped the price because of the cup win ergo investors went cool on the idea.

So yes we are up for sale but the rest of what they print is very speculative

No I dont think the NOTW is word perfect but it is patently obvious for ages that Pompey have been spending more than they earn.We dont need the reporters telling us that.On the other hand do you not also see it as a free advert by the powers to be to say come and get us we are for sale.HR comes out of it with the 'canny managers clever buying' so I suspect he's the source of the story.

Pompey has always been an odd investment for me(not because its Pompey) say for example a buyer camew in and bought Blackpool when he could have bought an established team like Villa or Newcastle you may understand that it was a strange decision.The article mentions 160m for a stadium etc why want to buy into that when the fanbasee income etc doesnt add up.I would nt expect someone to spend that on us with our infrastructure already there, 50m would be a risk.

PFC's story does not add up in the financial sense.Enjoy your moment as you may go back a full circle if you are not careful

I received the link from a mate who has followed Chelsea for 53 years. He's hacked off with the effect all the money has had on the genuine fans at Chelsea and has been chatting to me on and off about this for a few years now. For him, and the mates he goes with, the bubble has long burst. He just pointed out that what some of us Saints fan are wishing for here may not be the best thing to happen considering the news down at Turd Island.

I received the link from a mate who has followed Chelsea for 53 years. He's hacked off with the effect all the money has had on the genuine fans at Chelsea and has been chatting to me on and off about this for a few years now. For him, and the mates he goes with, the bubble has long burst. He just pointed out that what some of us Saints fan are wishing for here may not be the best thing to happen considering the news down at Turd Island.

with ever fan that does not like it another does...

I would love for saints to be the richest club in the world..considering we have never been close to being the best, I think I could put up with winning and spending stupid amounts on players...

with ever fan that does not like it another does...

I would love for saints to be the richest club in the world..considering we have never been close to being the best, I think I could put up with winning and spending stupid amounts on players...

Whilst wondering what would happen with the debt when our 'sugar daddy' tires of us?

Whatever happened to the likes of jack Walker et al? Businessmen who while appearing philanthropic in their running of a club never left that same club in millions of debt? The businessmen of today must regard them as 'a few pennies short of a shilling!'

Whilst wondering what would happen with the debt when our 'sugar daddy' tires of us?

Whatever happened to the likes of jack Walker et al? Businessmen who while appearing philanthropic in their running of a club never left that same club in millions of debt? The businessmen of today must regard them as 'a few pennies short of a shilling!'

what happened to blackburn? erm, they are not doing too bad..if that is the example on how things can go wrong then that will do me..

I would love it in my life time to see saints be champions in england and sign the worlds best players and challenge the very best...seriously challenge..

if that was for just 5 years then so be it....

be average at best is dull

what happened to blackburn? erm, they are not doing too bad..if that is the example on how things can go wrong then that will do me..

I would love it in my life time to see saints be champions in england and sign the worlds best players and challenge the very best...seriously challenge..

Plenty of negatives that come with being sucsessful as well.

I know I already hate myself for the idea, but they can't get enough fans into notarf krap. They need 130mil to build a 36,000 stadium that nobody wants to give them

We need 10 mil injection to be able to move forward and strengthen the squad each season

So it seems obvious, let them sell notarf krap for redevelopment, let them play at SMS for 10 mil rent a year

But of course we keep a loophole in the contract so that they can only do this after they sell notarf, and we make the contract on one of the minor holding companies owned by SLH

and then of course we liquidate the subsidiary after they have paid, and leave them where they belong, ground sharing at Havant & Waterlooville

1. Read

2. Understand

3. Make comment, if totally sure of 2.

Yeah but I've got the feeling that this is one story that is pretty close to the mark. Gayskidmark isn't a billionairre and its not like they can get 40,000 crowds is it? They still struggle to sell-out games even though they've just had their best season in 50 years. He probably hasn't actually given the club a penny he's probably loaned from banks and acted as guarantor. Now the banks are saying "no-more" due to the global financial crisis he's worried he will have to actually give the club some money! Now he's looking for someone to buy the club for a little more than what he paid for it and who are willing to take on the debts. The same thing is happening at Chelsea, Abramovich has borrowed the £600million or so Chelsea have spent on players and if he gets bored and leaves he will have to pay that and the club has only a few months to pay him back!

Ah we struggle to sell out games do we?

Fratton Park League games this season 99%, 94%, 99%

SMS League games this season 58%, 48%, 46%, 46%

Empty seats at Fratton this season 1,653

Empty seats at SMS this season 65,896

Now which situation is unsustainable?

We also have a low level of debt compared to most premiership clubs. HTH

Ah we struggle to sell out games do we?

Fratton Park League games this season 99%, 94%, 99%

SMS League games this season 58%, 48%, 46%, 46%

Empty seats at Fratton this season 1,653

Empty seats at SMS this season 65,896

Now which situation is unsustainable?

We also have a low level of debt compared to most premiership clubs. HTH

I think that most Premiership clubs have a frightening level of debt to be honest! And, before you fire off, even our level of debt would seem to be currently unsustainable.

LOL at you lot creaming yourselves when you don't even seem to be able to read an article in the NOTW properly (is it too highbrow for you?). You all seem to have missed the key word in the article and that word is "initially". Of course we're for sale, I've been telling you that for a few months now. But the price will be somewhere between £60 - £70m with Gaydamak seemingly willing to accept staggered payments - hence the initial £20m he's reportedly prepared to accept. I've been told there are now 4 interested parties and that a deal should be done well before Xmas, possibly even by early Nov if everything goes to plan. And despite what some doofus on here was laughing at, all the groups and individuals interested do indeed have billions. If only Baj would actually activate the account I've paid good money for I could PM one of you with the names of those I've heard are interested so they could confirm it once the sale goes through.

On the subject of debt, as someone else has already pointed out which Prem club doesn't have huge debts? Arsenal and Liverpools are crippling them and Man U have debts ten times ours (or more, given the problems the Glazers now have with AIG). You also seem to have missed our annual turnover of £65m.

Crowds at Fratton so far this year have been very good. We need a bigger stadium and the better facilities would attract more fans, even the Romsey Retard has admitted that would happen.

LOL at you lot creaming yourselves when you don't even seem to be able to read an article in the NOTW properly (is it too highbrow for you?). You all seem to have missed the key word in the article and that word is "initially". Of course we're for sale, I've been telling you that for a few months now. But the price will be somewhere between £60 - £70m

To be fair, if you add the 'initial' £20m to the £65m worth of debts - which presumably will also need clearing since your 90% wage bill creates a further £25m of debt per year - then you have a total cost of circa £85m.

I think that is a more realistic evaluation.

So, about this shiny new stadium.....

To be fair, if you add the 'initial' £20m to the £65m worth of debts - which presumably will also need clearing since your 90% wage bill creates a further £25m of debt per year - then you have a total cost of circa £85m.

I think that is a more realistic evaluation.

So, about this shiny new stadium.....

I can understand your interest. The 25% of last year's crowd who have deserted you this season need somewhere to go to watch football, so in all our interests, let's hope it gets built soon

I cannot grasp why anyone would want to buy Pompey? If their wage structure is 95% of their turnover then surely there is NO profit to be made? Infact, you will need to invest in a hell of a lot (Stadium for example, along with training facilities which are Prem (not Tyro) standard, Youth Facilities etc). They are going to need a billionaire who is litterally willing to throw their money away. There are not a lot of these in the world, as most people who have earnt that kind of money, have done so by not throwing money at dead non profit projects!

FWIW, if I were a gagillionaire, I would buy a smaller team like Bournemouth and have a lot more fun getting them up through the leagues a la Fulham style!

Listening to Claridge yesterday afternoon on 5Live, he was saying that the stadium plans have been put on hold because of the dire financial situation.

They will never balance their books until they have a bigger stadium but they haven't got the money to build the blessed thing.

They are in a Catch 22 situation methinks :)

I personally dont think they will fill a new stadium to the extent that will balance the books, with a wage bill like that, they will be needing to fill a 40,000 stadium every home game.

This (contary to what Eyes K8, Corp, Pes and that Mong' fella will say) will not happen. They wont double their fan base willing to go to games over night.

I personally dont think they will fill a new stadium to the extent that will balance the books, with a wage bill like that, they will be needing to fill a 40,000 stadium every home game.

This (contary to what Eyes K8, Corp, Pes and that Mong' fella will say) will not happen. They wont double their fan base willing to go to games over night.

Just have to look at clubs like Middlesborough and Blackburn, who are arguably bigger.

They struggle to get 23k (Blackburn v ARSENAL FFS!!) and 27k (Boro v the Baggies.) So 40k is completely unrealistic. And these clubs are European finalists and former premiership winners. Assuming the Skates have a fanbase of the same scale as a former premiership winner then that would be 6k extra per game. Not enough to justify a whole new stadium.

I cannot grasp why anyone would want to buy Pompey? If their wage structure is 95% of their turnover then surely there is NO profit to be made? Infact, you will need to invest in a hell of a lot (Stadium for example, along with training facilities which are Prem (not Tyro) standard, Youth Facilities etc). They are going to need a billionaire who is litterally willing to throw their money away. There are not a lot of these in the world, as most people who have earnt that kind of money, have done so by not throwing money at dead non profit projects!

There are a couple of points you're missing. People with enough money to buy a Prem football club are very, very wealthy already and know that they won't make money on the club. It's a plaything for them. Secondly, for anyone wanting to buy into the Premiership PFC are a very cheap option. You could buy Pompey and build a new stadium and still spend less money than it would cost you to buy Newcastle or Spurs. And they can also make money by redeveloping the Fratton Park site. The housing market is down at the moment but it's cyclical and anyone who has tis sort of money will have a longer term view on things.

Listening to Claridge yesterday afternoon on 5Live, he was saying that the stadium plans have been put on hold because of the dire financial situation.

They will never balance their books until they have a bigger stadium but they haven't got the money to build the blessed thing.

They are in a Catch 22 situation methinks :)

Claridge is missing one blindingly obvious thing here. The stadium hasn't been put on hold because of the finances. they've been put on hold because Gaydamak is selling the club and will leave it to the new owners to build it.

The new stadium is planned as a 36,000 seater. I'm sure we won't fill that week in week out but see no reason why we wouldn't average the same sort of crowds as you did at St Marys and even sell out for the big games. Also, it would enable us to offer decent corporate facilities to generate more cash.

Just have to look at clubs like Middlesborough and Blackburn, who are arguably bigger.

They struggle to get 23k (Blackburn v ARSENAL FFS!!) and 27k (Boro v the Baggies.) So 40k is completely unrealistic. And these clubs are European finalists and former premiership winners. Assuming the Skates have a fanbase of the same scale as a former premiership winner then that would be 6k extra per game. Not enough to justify a whole new stadium.

Again, you're missing a major point here. Comparing our potential crowds to Blackburn and Boro is pointless because they both have clubs relatively nearby (Blackburn in particular) that are much bigger draws. Blackburn especially in the NW have to compete with Man U, City, Liverpool, Everton etc etc for their crowds. We have no Premiership rivals withing 70 miles of us. It's a major difference