French ban the wearing of the Burka.....

saint lard

Just back it up with some facts. Not much to ask really.

there is NO WAY you would accept the answer that I could genuinely get..you would dismiss it with some reason or another...

he has told me about stuff that you would never believe and simply dismiss...that is what you do...

one was trying to flee the country wearing one for a start

And was caught. Would he have been caught if he wasn't wearing a burkha? Or would he have just mingled with the population at large?

So actually wearing a burkha led to his arrest? Good reason for keeping them I should say!

Glad they banned them, I don't see it as a human rights issue because many women are forced to wear them by their Muslim husbands who don't give a monkeys about human rights.

These same religeous fascists bury woman in earth up to their chests and invite a group of men to stand around and pelt them with stones until,bleeding,concussed and brain damaged they DIE! the crime ? they may have had sex with more than one person in their lives.Article 104 of the islamic penal code in Iran states quite clearly that the stones "should not be large enough to kill the person by one or two strikes; nor should they be so small that they cannot be called a stone".And we as a democratic country feel need to embrace the "human rights " of this backward medieval so called religeon.

there is NO WAY you would accept the answer that I could genuinely get..you would dismiss it with some reason or another...

he has told me about stuff that you would never believe and simply dismiss...that is what you do...

Now your just being silly. I dismiss a reply/answer based on facts???? you've lost me DD. Please give me an example of this?

Now your just being silly. I dismiss a reply/answer based on facts???? you've lost me DD. Please give me an example of this?

you would..you would say that is over exageration by the state..the state want you to feel scared etc...they have a right to wear them etc..

what if they DONT want to wear them....and are forced to by their fellas...what do you suggest we do..? afford them the rights..?

you would..you would say that is over exageration by the state..the state want you to feel scared etc...they have a right to wear them etc..

what if they DONT want to wear them....and are forced to by their fellas...what do you suggest we do..? afford them the rights..?

Just back it up with some facts not hearsay . Anyway find someone else to pick an arguement with. Bye

How many terrorist bombers have been caught wearing burhkas?

How many terrorist bombers wear hoodies, crash helmets or balaclavas? It is more to to with identifying them than to assume they are all nut job suicide bombers, people do not feel safe when you can not see their faces.

having many wives and stoning the odd one to death is also part of their "culture"...shall we allow either of that too...?

Oh behave, it's because of comments like that and the use of the world culture in a negative sense that makes a topic such as this one difficult to discuss sensibly!

I'm not sure there's a religion that states that half of its members must wear crash helmets. We may not like it, but it's a fundamental pillar of their religion, and while I agree that it is oppressive, we can't change a religion's set of beliefs.

These same religeous fascists bury woman in earth up to their chests and invite a group of men to stand around and pelt them with stones until,bleeding,concussed and brain damaged they DIE! the crime ? they may have had sex with more than one person in their lives.Article 104 of the islamic penal code in Iran states quite clearly that the stones "should not be large enough to kill the person by one or two strikes; nor should they be so small that they cannot be called a stone".And we as a democratic country feel need to embrace the "human rights " of this backward medieval so called religeon.

I don't feel the need to embrace such things and nor does this country. These acts are against the law in this country.

We just recognise that individuals have the right to dress as they please. That's why Sikhs can wear turbans and Hasidic Jews can wear their long sideburns and ordinary Jews can wear their yarmulke.

Being comfortable with people wearing such apparel doesn't equate to condoning some of the practices they carry out in their originating countries FFS!

I'm not sure there's a religion that states that half of its members must wear crash helmets. We may not like it, but it's a fundamental pillar of their religion, and while I agree that it is oppressive, we can't change a religion's set of beliefs.

Rubbish. Covering their face has nothing at all to do with Islam. Go away and do some research.

Maybe they should ban facial hair beards etc then? how far are you going to go?

Spot on, Beards should be banned. I would like to see a bill passed were you had to be clean shaven, if not, and you are caught with a beard then you should be fined £60 for impersonating a tramp or Uncle Albert. All proceeds from the fines should go to 'Shelter'. This would show the rest of Europe that we aren't a pushover and we mean business. I would also insist that all bearded freaks should be made to shave their monstrosity off their chins naked in public, except for maybe just wearing socks and sandals. Then they should be placed on the sex offenders register for life.

Can someone explain to me the reasoning behind removing a crash helmet in a petol station/ shop/ bank? For idenification purposes I assume?

Well if someone arrives at a petol station with the intention of robing it the last thing they are going to do is take the helmet off beforehand. Therefore this rule persecutes that the vast majority of bikers paying for their fuel legally. The only peron this rules out is someone who arrived with the intention of getting some fuel, then as they got to the counter all of a sudden decided they'd randomly rob the place.

I don't feel the need to embrace such things and nor does this country. These acts are against the law in this country.

We just recognise that individuals have the right to dress as they please. That's why Sikhs can wear turbans and Hasidic Jews can wear their long sideburns and ordinary Jews can wear their yarmulke.

Being comfortable with people wearing such apparel doesn't equate to condoning some of the practices they carry out in their originating countries FFS!

If the muslims get THEIR way Islamic Law will supersede Law as we know it,I like you have no trouble with what somebody wears, I do have a problem when a religeon has No tolerence of my liberal democratic views,stoning woman to death and keeping them like some sort of sub human with little or no education has In my view No place in a MODERN DEMOCRACY.

Rubbish. Covering their face has nothing at all to do with Islam. Go away and do some research.

Eh? It says in the Quran that a veil (the burka) should be worn by women when they are in company of men who are not blood relations so as to retain their modesty. How does that not have anything to do with Islam?

If the muslims get THEIR way Islamic Law will supersede Law as we know it,I like you have no trouble with what somebody wears, I do have a problem when a religeon has No tolerence of my liberal democratic views,stoning woman to death and keeping them like some sort of sub human with little or no education has In my view No place in a MODERN DEMOCRACY.

Absolutely agree with that. And it doesn't have a place in OUR society and we're talking about women wearing face veils in OUR society. There is absolutely no way that Shariah law will supercede our laws in the UK. The vast majority of people in the UK would not tolerate it or, indeed, allow it.

A parallel would be British people living in, say, Dubai trying to overturn their laws on kissing in public places for example. It ain't going to happen.

Eh? It says in the Quran that a veil (the burka) should be worn by women when they are in company of men who are not blood relations so as to retain their modesty. How does that not have anything to do with Islam?

No, it doesn't say that at all. It's how it is interpreted by a few Islamic scholars.

The veil/burqa is cultural, not religious.

Two of the three Muslim lasses in my team wear a hijab, and the 3rd nowt.

BTF - We got there in the end (I knew we would) ... I completely agree with your post.

There may of course be examples where they should be asked to remove it, but telling people what they can and can't wear would just be wrong and will never happen in this Country....and if it does, that's when we lose the very foundations it was built upon (Well the foundations we built after we raped and pillaged the rest of the World)

No, they shouldn't be banned IMO. Several reason's for banning them make no sense.

1) "Men use them to oppress women" - So what will banning them achieve? We aren't going to see oppressed Muslim women walking down the street in bikinis, being educated, voting... whatever else their husbands don't allow them to do, just because Burkhas are gone. They will still be 'oppressed'

2) "They are a security threat" - F**k off. That's just Daily Mail paranoia at its finest. How will banning Burkhas increase security. We aren't going to catch Bin Laden mooning through the window of Scotland Yard just because Burkhas are banned. You could disguise yourself as a clown or anything if you want to walk around without being recognise.

3) "They aren't even a religious requirement anyway" - Neither are Man Utd shirts, but you see plenty of them on the streets of Coventry and Plymouth.

P.S. The French are a bunch of communist retards. I've come to expect such stupid decisions from them.

No it doesn't. View of his Bottom is right for once. But in any case, arguments about what's in founding religious texts are ultimately pretty futile. The Quran was written from the 'memory' of Mo's dream revelations about 100 years after he had them. In the meantime, all manner of petty rivalries and scores were being settled in the drafting of the religious documents associated with the birth of Islam.

This is especially true of the 'hadiz', which are the actual source of all this veil nonsense, and which had largely been forgotten about until the Saudis decided to export Wahhabism, a particularly nasty and crude version of the religion.

Its not a fundamental pillar of their religion. Muslin dress varies from country to country. Many muslims wear ordinary clothes.

Its not a fundamental pillar of their religion. Muslin dress varies from country to country. Many muslims wear ordinary clothes.

Sadly, the majority of women wearing the full burqa in this country are from South Asia (or of South Asian descent), where historically there is no tradition or requirement to wear the damned thing. Until the 1970s it was pretty common in Pakistan's cities to see women in midriff-baring saris. And anyone who went on the hippy trail until about 1970 will confirm that miniskirts were not uncommon in Kabul.

And yes, you're absolutely right: most muslims wear ordinary clothes!

Sadly, the majority of women wearing the full burqa in this country are from South Asia (or of South Asian descent), where historically there is no tradition or requirement to wear the damned thing. Until the 1970s it was pretty common in Pakistan's cities to see women in midriff-baring saris. And anyone who went on the hippy trail until about 1970 will confirm that miniskirts were not uncommon in Kabul.

And yes, you're absolutely right: most muslims wear ordinary clothes!

They also appear to be young which I find even more shocking.

no it should not....

you cant wear your crash helmet in a petrol station in most cases..what is your opinion on that..?

Err... yes you can. I have found that only one Tesco petrol station has asked me to remove my crash helmet. And when I was instructed to remove it, it was ordered so offensively that I openly told the person that I would never be returning to that garage.. I haven't been back, and have never been troubled since.

No, it shouldn't be banned, but then I'm not French. What the French do is entirely up to them, and long should it remain that way. In a sense I admire the way the French go about it. No doubt they'ed cite the fact that it is a possible security risk, but in probable truth, they simply bloody well don't want to encourage ethnic minorities, and it's another tiny obstacle for Muslims to put up with, if they wish to live and work in France. I say I admire it. I shouldn't, but I do.

I'm watching the battle of Algiers at the moment. It's based on the Algerian war of independence with France. In it Algerian women wearing Burkhas carry bombs and guns across checkpoints because, I think, it's considered an offense to touch (search) Muslim women in Algeria. It's a very good film and I think US forces has to watch ti before going into Iraq because it's basically a list of what not to when occupying a country. I'm not sure what this has to do with the arguement though so I'll shut up.

Fair enough, guess I was misinformed. Either way, we all have a human right to wear whatever we want, to express our beliefs, personality and culture through our clothing, and there's no real reason why the burka should be banned. As I said before, it all stems from our Western fear of Islam.

2) "They are a security threat" - F**k off. That's just Daily Mail paranoia at its finest. How will banning Burkhas increase security. We aren't going to catch Bin Laden mooning through the window of Scotland Yard just because Burkhas are banned. You could disguise yourself as a clown or anything if you want to walk around without being recognise.

No, they are a security threat. Only the other day i saw 2 women wearing the full on burkha cloak things and overheard one of them ask the other "Does my bomb look big in this?" Serious business.

Well as an old person who cannot run very well due to health concerns I get a bit edgy when young men are approaching

me whilst wearing hoodies and sunglasses.

These burkas have the same effect but even more so as I can't tell if it is a woman or a man wearing it. Also they

make it very easy to conceal a shotgun or bomb belt.

Luckily there are not that many seen around where I live at the moment but in the future who knows ?

Well as an old person who cannot run very well due to health concerns I get a bit edgy when young men are approaching

me whilst wearing hoodies and sunglasses.

These burkas have the same effect but even more so as I can't tell if it is a woman or a man wearing it. Also they

make it very easy to conceal a shotgun or bomb belt.

Luckily there are not that many seen around where I live at the moment but in the future who knows ?

You could level the same charge at someone dressed as a nun or a monk!

You could level the same charge at someone dressed as a nun or a monk!

yes you could...last time I checked, radical nuns were not set on killing us.....(not all..of course)

I could imagine back in the day that a nun with her face covered trying to cross the boarder from the north to the south of ireland MAY have been asked to reveal herself..

stu might know the answer to that

yes you could...last time I checked, radical nuns were not set on killing us.....(not all..of course)

I could imagine back in the day that a nun with her face covered trying to cross the boarder from the north to the south of ireland MAY have been asked to reveal herself..

stu might know the answer to that

I said 'DRESSED AS' TDD - do read postings correctly. In any event, the topic was the concealment of weapons under voluminous clothing.

I said 'DRESSED AS' TDD - do read postings correctly. In any event, the topic was the concealment of weapons under voluminous clothing.

do you think it would only be fair for companies that insist you remove your crash helmet when you walk into their stores to ask you to remove the burka from covering your face...