Markus Liebherr RIP. All tributes here please.

camdijk

tbh, even above Stu, you are the biggest **** of the forum, mainly because you dont know when to shut the **** up. Now you are telling people how to feel when someone has died.

Don't give him the satisfaction mate, lets keep the thread for what it is and give Markus the respect he deserves

Heartfelt thanks to Markus and best wishes to his family.

His time at the club was too short, but I'll never forget what he did for us. Hope the team can pull together over this and get us back to the Championship.

R.I.P.

If you are serious, don't be an idiot. If you were joking don't be an idiot.

I am so glad I don't know who you are because you are quite clearly the lowest of the low. I will not get into this on a thread respecting the passing of Markus' life.

Markus resurrected this club and provided a much needed injection of hope, happiness and fun into a club that provided so much negativity. Football was fun again.

Seeing Saints at Wembley last season was a truly momentous moment for a lot of young fans on here that weren't around the first time around and that was all down to Markus.

So perhaps rather than questioning my feelings on this great man's death, perhaps you should have taken the humane route and kept quiet.

RIP.

Just read the news. My condolences to all of Markus's family on this devastating news. He saved our club, without him we would have nothing. It was his club and should always be remembered as such and I am sure an appropriate method to achieve this will be announced in due course which will be supported by all of us.

I will always have that wembly moment when he was using his camera, beaming away proud of his club in my memory. What a great man.

Ode to St Markus:

We won't forget you smiling,

We won't forget your grace,

We won't forget your legacy,

We'll miss your smiling face.

You saved us when we suffered,

Stuck in our hour of need,

Trapped in our poor existance,

With your help we were freed.

You came to feed your passion,

In doing so you fed ours,

You've given us a future hope,

To while away the hours.

Alas we heard your passing,

We grieve for you this day,

We never will forget you,

Especially not in May.

For when we get promoted,

We'll sing your name so loud,

We'll keep you deep within our hearts,

Love the SMS crowd.

RIP Marcus. The people of Southampton owe you a debt of gratitude. I hope we can fill the area behind Ted with tributes and feel we should at least have a Stand named in his memory as without him there would be no club. Sleep well big fella, and condolences to family and friends

I'm genuinely quite upset about this. A man who managed to endear himself entirely to our fanbase within a year, was present at a number of games, was as giddy as any one of us at the JPT final and who had the vision and ability to see us rise to the top. Taken away at only 62. RIP.

18 months ago we were close to having no club, trying to explain why to my seven year old son was almost impossible, then Markus appeared on his white horse, now i get to take both of my kids to see the Saints because of what he did, I cannot thank him enough for that, He did not even know the effect he had on me and my family, but it was a great one.

I was never lucky enough to meet him, but when I was below him at wembley the look of happiness and excitement on his face was wonderful to see, He took a picture of me taking a picture of him, then followed it up with a thumbs up and a wave to me and my son, I will never forget that moment, Myself, my kids, and the rest of my family and friends that sit together each week cannot thank him enough, It would not of happend if it was not for him, thank you so much Markus, RIP big man, you will be missed.

I’m still in shock at the news, but I would like to take the time to thank him for all he did in the short time he was here and add a little more to my original post, I’m sure it will be echoed by all Saints fans.

When it was speculated that Markus was in the running to take us over, I believe we all wanted this one to happen – it seemed to stand out as the one deal that would really take us in the right direction.

When it was announced that he was taking over the sense of relief in the city was so clear to see, he’d just saved our club with his hard earned money and personal wealth, that needs to be applauded, not many people would do that. We’d just got ourselves an honest and genuine owner.

His pride in his purchase was clear to see, he only recently updated his mali-group website with a picture of him wearing a Saints scarf and I’ll never forget his face at Wembley when the cup was being lifted in front of him, there he was snapping away with his camera with the biggest grin you will ever see – that spoke volumes for me.

But thanks Markus, thanks for saving the club, thanks for giving us hope and turning us in the right direction. You’ll always be a saint and you’ll never be forgotten in Southampton history, no matter how short your tenure was the difference you made was so clear to see and is appreciated by us all.

R.I.P.

Saint Markus meets Sir Ted in the great football ground in the sky what a team the greatest owner ever & the greatest manager ever united

Markus the small fella with red hair & a squeaky voice is Bally, the party animal is Ossie, also look out for Bobby '76' Stokes

Enjoy sitting with Sir Ted watching over us as we move up the footballing pyramid

RIP Markus.

When times were really bad not so long ago Markus appeared and gave us all hope. As an owner he was genuinely pleased when Saints fans responded to his input. It was clear.

It's a blow and whatever happens now, let's remember Markus took away the dark days and offered us much promise. Even if that promise isn't fulfilled as imagined, now we are a healthy club with much to look forward to.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})