Markus Liebherr RIP. All tributes here please.

camdijk

Condolences to all the family, I will always remember him on the day of the JPT final when the team were collecting the cup and there he was with his own camera taking pictures lost in the moment of excitement. Not many Chairman like that. Lets hope that we can make his vision come to fruition. RIP Markus

Still stunned this morning.

In little over a year Markus you have become a legend at this club and will never be forgotten. You saved our club from oblivion and set about making us great again. Your obvious love for the club and the enjoyment you got from it was never more clearly seen than at Wembley. I'm glad we gave you that one small memory to take with you to share with Ted. Look down on us with pride as we look to turn your dream into a reality and climb back to the top.

Our deepest condolences to the all family and friends at this sad time. Indeed he felt like one of our own and we have all lost a great man.

RIP Markus, thank you.

Very sad news indeed. Genuine condolences from a Pompey fan. Hope all works out in the end.

Thanks Tim. It's heartening to see that there are some real decent, genuine football fans out there and every condolence from them means alot right now.

Like Markus, they won't ever be forgotten.

Welcome to TSW.

Absolutely stunned - someone just told me at work, so thought I'd log in to register my tribute to Markus. A good man who secured the future of our football club when we thought we wouldn't have one and who has laid the foundations to future success.

Hopefully someone will continue his legacy and hopefully the players (and fans!) can lift the club to the Championship this season in his honour.

I don't ever post on here, normally just read for updates and 'insider' knowledge.......and laugh at some of the comments! However, today I am compelled to post just to say thanks to a great man; I can honestly say I have never felt so gutted at the death of someone I never knew. Marcus you will always be a legend in our eyes and I am sorry I will never have the chance to thank you for saving our club.

Gone but never to be forgotten, RIP Marcus :-(

SAINT MARCUS OF ST MARYS.

REST IN ETERNAL PEACE

Today you have left us, departed and left us all to fight on. I don't think there is a Southampton Football Supporter alive, who isn't deeply indebted to all you did, have done and what your legacy with do for the club in future. I pray that we shall now finally all come together, united as we once were, to stand tall and make you proud for all that you so lovingly did for us all. In tribute, I can only echo the words that I'm certain you would have told us in person were you still here today.

'THE SHOW MUST GO ON"

THANK YOU MARCUS. WE SHALL NEVER FORGET.

XXX

RIP Markus, you saved our club and for that we will be forever grateful.

My fondest memory of you will always be that afternoon at Wembley in the JPT final when you gave such a reserved response after being shown on the big screen and 35-40000 of us fans giving you a huge cheer.

I feel as though whatever tributes we pay - they will fade into insignificance for what Markus brought to the club.

A very sad day for football - as he wasn't in it for the money, and had a passion for the club we all love.

We must all raise our game and make sure the club makes his dreams a reality.

Markus Liebherr - Premier Class.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})