Southampton 1 - 1 Leyton Orient - Post match reaction

Baj

tried to post this on the match thread in reply to you TDD

do give it a rest TDD

is that what you want, a change of manager?

havent we tried this method before?

cant quite remember where it got us, can somebody remind me...

here's an idea, how about a period of no changing the manager at all and just getting behind him?

just as well man u kept faith with fergie, he did quite well in the end

hitting the bar is not scoring the goals....two home games and it seems 5 points dropped against one average team and one fav for relegation...

simply not promotion winning form...

alreay playing catch up...so much for a flying start and all that gumpf

Not disagreeing with you at all. Just saying you could put Fergy in charge of our team but if the team dont finish there chances there will always be a problem.

But what manager would be available to us that could make a difference?

Pretty frustrating on all counts and we are going to put ourselves in trouble when we should be setting an example in this league.

do give it a rest TDD

here's an idea, how about a period of no changing the manager at all and just getting behind him?

just want saints to realise their potential in this league....so far this season..we are well short..

as for fergie, that is a daft comparison...did you say that about wotte or jan portaloo..?

Not disagreeing with you at all. Just saying you could put Fergy in charge of our team but if the team dont finish there chances there will always be a problem.

But what manager would be available to us that could make a difference?

Pretty frustrating on all counts and we are going to put ourselves in trouble when we should be setting an example in this league.

im sorry..put alex ferguson in as saints manager then he would achieve better results than pardew (no disrespect)

as for manager..? dunno as I dont wish for a change..

We will walk this poor start to the campaign.

On a serious note Barnard, the 'Brett Omerod but with goals' Can't score for toffee for quite some time now. Looks lively, and is one of my favourite players. But maybe needs more encouragement/man management?

just asking for some patience from everybody

2 games in and all the negative posters come out from under their rocks, that includes you

Never been negative, but how how do we leave AP in charge. He simply will not get this club into the Championship, let alone the prem league

Couldn't go today and had to listen on Saints Player. Commentary suggested we were best side in 1st half but not in the second. Five points dropped out of 6 will not be what Pardew expected. Merrington was commenting on lack of attacks down the wings and that crosses were diaganol from too far back andf thaat we weren't troubling their back four. That sounds like a need for more quality on the pitch rather than anything wrong with tactics. If your players can't get past the defenders enough times during the game you have to question whether your players are good enough. Maybe with Lallana, its still fitness but did other weaknesses show? Be interested when people who were there start posting.

My hope is that this will strengthen Pardew's hand in talking to Cortese about the transfer budget.

Pretty poor stuff. Overall, a dreadful game of football. I am beginning to think there is something is wrong on the management side. It's not the result, it's the performances. The team look unmotivated and guileless. There needs to be a dramatic improvement and fast.

I really do think AP need to go back to the 4-5-1 formation we played for a bit last season. The 5th midfielder could be someone who can play a free role just behind Lambert. A also think we miss Antonio's pace on the wing to create chances. Lets hope Cortese opens that checkbook soon.

what do mean "under the rocks"...been stating my concerns for a while....

well it wont make any difference wheather you are pos or neg on these forums, cortese will call the shots full stop.

so you might as well try and be positive and stop moaning after 2 games, just ****es everybody off

We looked more dangerous with Chamberlain on, difference is we have to stop hoofing it from the back, it's ugly and doesn't suit us if no players can pick up on any lambert flicks. Lack of pace means we're not getting in behind teams anymore so it's easy if they mark lambert out of the game.

well it wont make any difference wheather you are pos or neg on these forums, cortese will call the shots full stop.

so you might as well try and be positive and stop moaning after 2 games, just ****es everybody off

hold on mate...look at this thread and ask if I am the ONLY one thinking along these lines..

im sorry..put alex ferguson in as saints manager then he would achieve better results than pardew (no disrespect)

as for manager..? dunno as I dont wish for a change..

Id like to think he would, but then I would have thought Pardew would achieve better results even if I dont think he is that great a manager. League 1 he should be doing well and Championship level I would say he should be a top half established manager. Prem manager???? Not so sure, maybe lower half Prem would be his top level if I was being kind.

But if the team on paper should get 3 points, and they create enough chances to take the 3 points but fail to finish them then is it down to the manager? Like I said before, if Fergy was in charge and the team created but couldnt finish would we be saying Fergy should be sacked?

Its tricky though cause based on where Pards should be achieving then the alternatives should be around the same kind of level at least. Who would we look to replace him with? I doubt NC will hang around if he wants shot of him but the manager merry-go-round is not something we want to get back into. If pards goes then NC should be looking at the next manager to be the one that gets backing all the way to the prem IMO.

do give it a rest TDD

They didn't keep faith with him actually - he was about to be sacked when he started to get it right.....just in time.....

It is clear Pardew has no plan B, but you can bet that Cortese has!...

Last season, this squad looked good enough, and now in pre-season and in the first few games its looking average, despite the FB signings. Can't see that changing the manager would improve the team, and its the team that needs improving.

hold on mate...look at this thread and ask if I am the ONLY one thinking along these lines..

lol you dont have to tell me that, most of the time i wont come anywhere near these forums if we've lost due to all 'you lot' slitting your wrists

2 games in......really?

lol you dont have to tell me that, most of the time i wont come anywhere near these forums if we've lost due to all 'you lot' slitting your wrists

2 games in......really?

who is "slitting their wrists"....many are saying they are dissapointed with the start to the season...is that wrong..?

Seriously? Where's the logic? Ferguson does well so all managers should be stuck with long term? What if a team had a rubbish manager? Was the same argument used with the Dutch managers?

Whether pardew is good or not, and I'm not sure, the success of ferguson shouldn't have anything to do with it. Everyone wants a manager to stay years but only if they're looking up to it. There will come a point when you have to make a decision on the job they've done, not a generic opinion of all football management. If it was as simple as time meaning success, Crewe would have won the premiership.

Didnt Fergy almost get the boot in his early days cause of poor results? I think the reference to him is more about sticking with a manager that you believe in and maybe they will turn out alright. With the right support the dutch 2 could have done OK given time. Passing flowing football and all that would have been great to watch if it had worked. I dont think they are or were the right ment to make that success happen but then i doubt many Man U fans thought Fergy was going to be any good when his 1st season was rubbish either.

How much patience do NC have with AP? I guess until christmas but then its time for a change - if we are not into top 6 ofcourse.

I cannot understand why Christmas is such an iconic time point? IF AP is not good enough he should be replaced much sooner than Christmas - by then it is too late anyway this season so might as well not bother changing. After all, according to AP you need all of pre season to stand a chance of going up with a team so taking over at Christmas is a total waste of time ?????? And he knows his stuff ????

1st 10 mins looked like a 5-0 home winning coming at least , Lambert was winning everything , Barnard was sharp , as soon as the equalised we went in to limp mode , urgency went , looked very one pace through out the team .

2nd half started like the 1st half ended , no pace whatsoever in the team , we had chances to break quick , but decided to either play a square ball , or a long ball that never went to a saints head . Lambert became the invisible man in the 2nd half , lallanna looked off the pace , everything he tried didnt come off , no subs till 10 mins to go , far to late to have any impact , unless we buy a couple of very quick wingers to inject some pace into the side its going to be a very long season . There is no excuses if we cant beat a team like Orient at home it doesnt look great . We all know how tough this league is to get out of look how long it took Leeds to get out . Signings required , Quality with pace . probably 3 players required and quick .