Roeder

Nexstar

I have no time for Roeder so who cares.The referee was unlikely to book anyone as some tackles were let off with a warning until Stepanovic did something.Therefore he must have been abusive or as some say threw the ball at him.

I wouldnt say the ref was that bad, he did try to keep the game flowing. I did feel he should have booked a couple of players sooner but in the main he was ok.

Roeder was a fool taking off their best 2 players and when the wingers went off i could relax and enjoy the last 15 minutes.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

I sit on the halfway line in the Kingsland and saw the penalty. I do feel, as a ref myself, that Lallana payed for it, but Stepanovic still fouled him, and it was in the box. Therefore a Penalty Kick is the right decision.

I wasn't watching the offending player afterwards, just looking to see who was grabbing the ball for us with my fingers crossed. However, Stepanovic must have said or done something to the ref in order to get a straight red. Violent conduct or foul and abusive language is my bet.

In my opinion, FWIW, the Ref got most of the decisions right last night, except that he missed a lot of gamesmanship from their older players; running into people, keeping the boot in following a clearance so the defender badly jars his foot on their studs, that sort of thing.

I sit on the halfway line in the Kingsland and saw the penalty. I do feel, as a ref myself, that Lallana payed for it, but Stepanovic still fouled him, and it was in the box. Therefore a Penalty Kick is the right decision.

I wasn't watching the offending player afterwards, just looking to see who was grabbing the ball for us with my fingers crossed. However, Stepanovic must have said or done something to the ref in order to get a straight red. Violent conduct or foul and abusive language is my bet.

In my opinion, FWIW, the Ref got most of the decisions right last night, except that he missed a lot of gamesmanship from their older players; running into people, keeping the boot in following a clearance so the defender badly jars his foot on their studs, that sort of thing.

the tackles on Mills and Lancashire were deserving of yellows, in fact the one on Mills could have git wirse at it could have injured him badly.

I dont know if Roeder is complaining about the penalty or the red card. If it is the penalty he is simply wrong. I also sit in the kingsland and it was indeed a foul and indeed clearly inside the area.

As to the sending off I thought it wasn't a straight red though, and I wouldn't even have booked for the foul as such. Hadn't he already been booked? I presumed it was a second booking for dissent. But I didn't see what caused it -- I too was looking to see who would take it.

Mind you it might have been wishful thinking on my part to say Stefanovitch (sp?) had been booked before. The ref did ok overall, but as some others have said he ought to have booked a few a bit earlier. I'd mentally booked quite a few!

K.

The foul for the pen was right in front of me and was deffo in the box !

Lallana was clever in that he swerved into the Skate as he went past him so I would say that, although it was a bit soft, it was the correct decision !

I have no idea why the red card came out but presume that it was something he said !

(he no doubt picked up a few choice words from his time in Skatesville, so we can hardly be shocked about it !!).

I thought the referee was one of the better ones we have had so far this season although I agree he missed some of the fouls off the ball that Norwich used to try and upset us. From my seat in the Kingsland Lallana had skipped past two defenders and was going past Sefanovic but moving out of the box but was tripped inside. I though the foul was totally cynical as Stefanovic was clearly unhappy with the reception from the Northam End in the first half. As he trhen stole the ball away and ptobably said something unkind to the ref I think your fate is sealed. Roeder is correct in saying they missed chances but then so did we.

This is a typical ignorant referee comment. Nobody plays for a penalty, yes they get in the box because players are less likely to make a rash tackle, and yes they put their body in between the ball and the opposition. That is what I was always taught froma very young age.

Diving is a different issue.

However, I agree with you regarding the ref, one of the better ones letting a lot go that he could have pulled back. There were a couple of instances where a foul looked to have been committed about 25 yards out and fairly central yet he played advantage, I would say there is little advantage at having a free pop from 25 yards and the ball on the wing with your forward on his backside.

Wouldn't object to getting him a agin though.

The referee didn't have a bad game IMO. Generally earlier on he allowed play to continue instead of blowing the whistle every five minutes, but there came a point when some of the Norwich players realised that they had some latitude from him and perhaps thought they would test how far they could push him. That was when he should have produced a card to show where the boundaries were.

There was a great link to the Virgin site which clearly showed that the tackle was well inside the box and although it looked a soft penalty, it was clear cut. Lallana is a difficult player to tackle in the box, as he has tricky feet and good close control of the ball, so it is great to see him getting these penalties. Defenders are going to have to be more cautious of him, giving him more chances.