Rickie Lambert

Dazza82

Having just watched the highlights of saturday and taking another look at some previous games, I'm not sure he is out of form. He is always part of our good attacking moves and his link up play with AL and Oxo especially is outstanding at times. Just look at the little nod on against D&R, or that through ball for Chaplow on Saturday. I think the reason he is not scoring as many goals is because he is playing much deeper, coming towards midfield to get the ball before giving it to one of the wingers. This allows our central midfielders to push up into the box and get the goals (ha ha), or AL and Oxo cutting in, or Barney who seems to play higher. When we attack in 442 its more like this:

----------Lambert------------

Chamberlain---------Lallana

-----------Barnard-----------

To improve his game he needs to bust a gut more to get into the box once he's given the pass

Looks to me as though he is playing through some pain eg hernia or lower back. That would explain the failure to get off the ground. Any doctors out there?

I agree that he looks like he has an injury issue but surely we wouldnt keep playing him if thats the case. I also think that his heart does seem in it as when he scores or someone else does he's always in the thick of it congratulating or fist pounding to the fans. I think he is out of form and perhaps a little less than fit than where we had him last year but **** me when he comes good again we will **** on teams. Him Lallana AC Barney that is electric if they are all on form.

Thought he was dire against Dagenham but there we go. I don't buy this 'couple of good seasons' rubbish, it's just usual reactionary thick football fan crap. And 'if he was tha good he'd play in a higher league'? Well, by that logic no-one in L1 can play in a higher league then...which we know is rubbish. Besides, Lambert could be playing in a higher league if he'd signed for someone other than us or left in the summer. If you score 30+ two seasons running, teams in leagues above will want you.

Well lets bow to the superior knowledge of the Brain of Britain then shall we ?

You think its possible for a striker to score 30 goals every season he plays do you rather than have a pruple patch in front of goal for a couple of years followed by an average patch with a bad patch thrown in every so often ? Wow ! Might happen on Championship Manager I suppose.

The point about him playing in a higher league - well the crucial part you seem to have missed is his age. Of course League One players can play higher and are bought by clubs in the Prem etc BUT how many of them are over 26 for instance ?

Some players start in the Prem, drop down, then come back - it could happen to Barnard - but not many get to his age having never stepped foot in the Championship or beyond.

If you are going to have a go and not consider a different opinion to your own then thats fine, but read the bloody post properly before calling people thick !!

Lambert is clearlt not the player he was last year we can all see that. He has never been blessed with pace but he appears so immobile this year it is almost embarrassing. The question i have is why ? is it an injury he is cvarrying that isnt being revealed or is he just one of these players that starts to rapidly lose fitness as he approaches 30.

Either way if its not sorted out or cant be sorted out I think our Rickie will be sold at the end of the season and will end up dropping through the leagues rather quickly. I can honestly see him playing non league footy by the time he is 31 if he fails to sort out his mobility issues.

Lambert is clearlt not the player he was last year we can all see that. He has never been blessed with pace but he appears so immobile this year it is almost embarrassing. The question i have is why ? is it an injury he is cvarrying that isnt being revealed or is he just one of these players that starts to rapidly lose fitness as he approaches 30.

Either way if its not sorted out or cant be sorted out I think our Rickie will be sold at the end of the season and will end up dropping through the leagues rather quickly. I can honestly see him playing non league footy by the time he is 31 if he fails to sort out his mobility issues.

Also I note that the opposition aren't giving away free kicks 30 yards out nowadays, how many goals did he get from those last season by the way??

Also if he's got an injury take him off and start with Barnard,with the 5 pronged attack coming from midfield he'll probably be of more use than the immobile Lambert anyway.

I wonder if Adkins is doing anything to address Lamberts poor form?

Again, i see this prolonged dip in form as a sign that Adkins is not upto the task of getting the best out of a squad,one that should be performing vastly better than it has been.

You are reminding me of Dalek.

Class player struggling for form. When he smashes one in the top corner against Peterbrough on Saturday and follows that up with a few more this will all be forgotten. Simply a player lacking confidence at the moment, needs a bit of luck to get a couple then they will be flowing. Have faith. You don't lose skill over the summer.

Class player struggling for form. When he smashes one in the top corner against Peterbrough on Saturday and follows that up with a few more this will all be forgotten. Simply a player lacking confidence at the moment, needs a bit of luck to get a couple then they will be flowing. Have faith. You don't lose skill over the summer.

I went to the Blind Faith concert in Hyde Park as well, they were sh*t as well and we all realised just what blind faith meant.

• 1 year later...
What a hilarious read. Fickle bunch.

We all do it though. Most of us are fickle/knee-jerk at some time or another. Just some more so than others!

Let's just be grateful for his form NOW, and look forward to what he can do for us in the future.

He has always been a slug, now he is a slug that knows no matter what he is the first name on the team sheet.

Drop him if he can`t get his act together before Jan get shot no passengers required simples.

And this is the best of the lot!

I didn't even comment on this originally but looking at the posts I would have agreed with them at the time. Lambert looked unfit which was from a terrible pre season.

I really do laugh at people who like to make 'I told you so comments'. I'm sure none of you have ever made wrong predictions in your life........... Oh the beauty of hindsight.

I like these "I told you so" threads...

It provides a timely reminder of who the divs are on this forum...

I wonder if Adkins is doing anything to address Lamberts poor form?

Again, i see this prolonged dip in form as a sign that Adkins is not upto the task of getting the best out of a squad,one that should be performing vastly better than it has been.

I didn't even comment on this originally but looking at the posts I would have agreed with them at the time. Lambert looked unfit which was from a terrible pre season.

I really do laugh at people who like to make 'I told you so comments'. I'm sure none of you have ever made wrong predictions in your life........... Oh the beauty of hindsight.

I think it's just you. The rest of us are laughing with the original thread not laughing at it. Yes we've all done it and I'm happy to laugh at some of my own old posts.