Is our squad strong enough to last till January?

Dazza82

Davis

Richardson Gone off Injured today

Dickson

Fonte Just picked up a suspension

Seaborne Injured at the moment

Lallana

Morgan Some think we should sell him

ChaplowInjured at moment

Oxo

LambertPresumaly gone off Injured today

BarnardCarrying a injury

Bart

Butterfield

Harding

Jaidi

Martin

Holmes Gone off injured today

Gobern Is he good enough, have we seen enough of him to judge

Hammond

PuncheonOut on loan at millwall till January

Connolly Spends more time in the treatment room

Guly As some say he is not a striker, and has been poor against some teams

Some of those are missing though

After posting up all those injuries any team will struggle. We are able to handle it better than most. There is no point having 3 capable teams at the club. We will be ok.

That was my point i feel we should of got at least someone on loan as that is what has happened today and current status of some of our players, this may knock us for a while, i hope it doesnt but we need to be wary about this

my christ we really really need to buy another striker lambert was complete crap today couldnt even pass to another white shirt injured? not intrested or unfit what ever the reason he has to dropped. first half he and guly were useless, i'm sorry guly couldnt win a header if it was only him under the ball and his passing also was appaling. barnard has been by far our best striker and he has scored what 4 goals? a big problem we need to address in january.

for the next league game i just hope we play barnard with lallana up front.

my christ we really really need to buy another striker lambert was complete crap today couldnt even pass to another white shirt injured? not intrested or unfit what ever the reason he has to dropped. first half he and guly were useless, i'm sorry guly couldnt win a header if it was only him under the ball and his passing also was appaling. barnard has been by far our best striker and he has scored what 4 goals? a big problem we need to address in january.

for the next league game i just hope we play barnard with lallana up front.

Lambert is crap at the moment, it's just that some are so bedazzled by his past exploits that they can't see it.

I remember long ago when an awful Bob Dylan rehashed album came out it was printed in the NME "If Dylan crapped on the turntable some of his fans would listen to the stylus tracking the turds and say "yay another fabulous and ground breaking album from Bob"

Lambert is crap at the moment, it's just that some are so bedazzled by his past exploits that they can't see it.

I remember long ago when an awful Bob Dylan rehashed album came out it was printed in the NME "If Dylan crapped on the turntable some of his fans would listen to the stylus tracking the turds and say "yay another fabulous and ground breaking album from Bob"

Bit like a Schneiderlin pass.

I thought his missed free header on Tuesday was one of the worst misses I have seen from a striker of his quality in a long long time... That's not fitness, that's confidence or something else mental.

Maybe guly deserves a run up front in lamberts place. We still have options. Worrying fonte is suspended though. Really need to win the next few. But the key thing is keeping lallana fit, he's the best player in league 1 by a very, very long way.

Not on todays showing he was awful terrible first touch and poor passing I can't believe he is actually Brizilan.

We need a winger. Dickson will have to move forward if Ox-C goes off or is rested and when you start mucking about with the defence to cover the midfield, that's when you need additions. Unfortunately it's going to have to be like that until January.

We could do with a striker as Lambert, Barnard and Connolly are all injured.

We will need a CM when Morgan leaves.

We need a winger. Dickson will have to move forward if Ox-C goes off or is rested and when you start mucking about with the defence to cover the midfield, that's when you need additions. Unfortunately it's going to have to be like that until January.

We could do with a striker as Lambert, Barnard and Connolly are all injured.

We will need a CM when Morgan leaves.

Is lambert injured? just been reeding that there are rumours of Adkins telling Lambert to try harder, causing Lambert to spit his dummy out of the pram. Find it hard to believe personally, but wondering if any one else has heard anything about this?

Is lambert injured? just been reeding that there are rumours of Adkins telling Lambert to try harder, causing Lambert to spit his dummy out of the pram. Find it hard to believe personally, but wondering if any one else has heard anything about this?

well if he he goes out on loan in the next week I suppose we will know.

We can't afford to fall off the pace and we seem to be getting by rather than taking games by storm. A few loans would have been nice but it didn't happen so we just have to pray that we can keep things ticking over until January.

It didn't just 'happen', it was a decision by Cortese/Adkins to let Puncheon go, despite lack of cover and not to bring in a striker, despite Connolly hardly featuring and the problems over Barnard (injury) and Lambert (form). It may be the strategy is a permanent signing or two in January rather than loans in November but a temporary loan, as with Chaplow, would have made more sense and would not have closed off January options. Injuries and bookings are absolutely predictable, and should have been factored into the decision making.

maybe thought forward selection from

Lambert = injured

Barnard = injured/ possible jail time

Connolly = permentally injured

Guly = not a striker/ impact sub at best

Lallana = possibly but not his best postion

Doble = young/unknown quanity no first team apperances

Ox-C = possible but not his best postion

was enough for league 1?

or prehaps not

disagree

Good for you. Doesn't change the fact that are three main strikers are all carrying injuries/not performing/possibly facing jail though does it? We should have got another striker in on loan when we had the chance the club dropped the ball on this one. Prehaps if Doble had got a bit of first team experince in the cups I'd be happier but he hasn't. So if were playing oxo and Lallana up front who are our wingers Dickson and?

Good for you. Doesn't change the fact that are three main strikers are all carrying injuries/not performing/possibly facing jail though does it? We should have got another striker in on loan when we had the chance the club dropped the ball on this one. Prehaps if Doble had got a bit of first team experince in the cups I'd be happier but he hasn't. So if were playing oxo and Lallana up front who are our wingers Dickson and?

Agreed, a mass oversight as far as I'm concerned.

And how come Lambert's dismal form has been ignored until now is another one that I cannot understand.