18 Plymouth Argyle 60.0%

19 Crystal Palace 56.9%

20 Barnsley 56.8%

21 Coventry City 55.0%

22 Burnley 54.4%

23 Sheffield Wednesday 48.6%

24 Southampton 48.2%

Nice.

Conclusive proof if any were needed we have an extremely fickle (at best)fanbase who let boardroom politics affect their desire to support the team - strange but true. We also have a huge percentage of fans who are unable to accept the reality that Premiership football is not some sort of hereditary right and that your club requires your support whether they are due to play Chelsea or Doncaster. This just proves how plastic our plastic fans really are and how stupid and idiotic our protesting stay away fans.

The credit crunch doesn't look like it's had much impact in Wales and East Anglia. Why is the economy so bad in a traditionallly better off region like Hampshire and the South Coast? This table kind of blows the economic argument out of the window and proves once again that in the right circumstances of passion and commitment football has its own micro-economy and a real fan's desire to support their team remains undiminished.

It would be interesting to ses (if such a thing exists) a table showing the average drop in attendances for teams in their first season in the CCC post relegation. Bet we are bottom of that league as well.

Makes you fell proud we have such a strong and committed fanbase. Perhaps that's why so many moan about Lowe and Wilde as it prevents them looking a little closer to home for the real source of the problem this club has in generating revenue and avoiding the label of being a selling club. We will be selling players in January so take a good look at yourselves if you don't attend on a regular basis and all things considered are in a position to attend. Successful clubs are most likely to have a strong and committed following but we over the years have been as flakey as our support.

http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/List-of-English-football-stadia-by-capacity

We have the 18th biggest stadium in England and the third biggest in the CCC after the two Sheffield clubs.

TG the size of the stadium is an important point especially if it has rarely held the full capacity in the past. Doh!

As I said previously, it would be interesting to compare the drop in attendance in particular the 1st season post relegation and then 2nd season and so on to see what stage it levels off to show how committed fans are to watch football in a tier lower than they have been used to before they start acting like spoilt kids who's parents face some temporary hardship. Looking for excuses not to go in petulant shows of 'toys out of prams'. Puff and Oz are you reading this you sad excuses of Saints fans?

Conclusive proof if any were needed we have an extremely fickle (at best)fanbase who let boardroom politics affect their desire to support the team - strange but true. We also have a huge percentage of fans who are unable to accept the reality that Premiership football is not some sort of hereditary right and that your club requires your support whether they are due to play Chelsea or Doncaster. This just proves how plastic our plastic fans really are and how stupid and idiotic our protesting stay away fans.

The credit crunch doesn't look like it's had much impact in Wales and East Anglia. Why is the economy so bad in a traditionallly better off region like Hampshire and the South Coast? This table kind of blows the economic argument out of the window and proves once again that in the right circumstances of passion and commitment football has its own micro-economy and a real fan's desire to support their team remains undiminished.

It would be interesting to ses (if such a thing exists) a table showing the average drop in attendances for teams in their first season in the CCC post relegation. Bet we are bottom of that league as well.

Makes you fell proud we have such a strong and committed fanbase. Perhaps that's why so many moan about Lowe and Wilde as it prevents them looking a little closer to home for the real source of the problem this club has in generating revenue and avoiding the label of being a selling club. We will be selling players in January so take a good look at yourselves if you don't attend on a regular basis and all things considered are in a position to attend. Successful clubs are most likely to have a strong and committed following but we over the years have been as flakey as our support.

mrbenn_2.jpg

TG the size of the stadium is an important point especially if it has rarely held the full capacity in the past. Doh!

As I said previously, it would be interesting to compare the drop in attendance in particular the 1st season post relegation and then 2nd season and so on to see what stage it levels off to show how committed fans are to watch football in a tier lower than they have been used to before they start acting like spoilt kids who's parents face some temporary hardship. Looking for excuses not to go in petulant shows of 'toys out of prams'. Puff and Oz are you reading this you sad excuses of Saints fans?

On this point I agree.

The credit crunch doesn't look like it's had much impact in Wales and East Anglia. Why is the economy so bad in a traditionallly better off region like Hampshire and the South Coast?

The Welsh and East Anglians were poor to start with so their budgets won't be affected. Us rich b*stards in the South have had further to fall and therefore must adjust our budgets accordingly.

Not forgetting the fact that there is much more to do in the South than watch grown men chase a ball around a field.

Go Trousers, go.

No, literally....go....

I don't know the ticket prices for the clubs near the top but i know that if i had gone with my father in law to watch Sheff Wed v Forest a couple of Tuesday's ago i'd be £28 lighter.

I know i'm going to SMS on Saturday with my wife and it's costing me £52.

Credit crunch hasn't overly affected me, yet, touch wood, but that is an awful lot of money to watch utter tosh.

I go as often as i can, i try and find the money but doesn't mean i understand why others can't. It's not brilliant and its ****ing expensive. I find it madness, madness that we let the ground only half fill up and yet charge this stupid price for tickets. It's pathetic.

I don't know the ticket prices for the clubs near the top but i know that if i had gone with my father in law to watch Sheff Wed v Forest a couple of Tuesday's ago i'd be £28 lighter.

Credit crunch hasn't overly affected me, yet, touch wood, but that is an awful lot of money to watch utter tosh.

I go as often as i can, i try and find the money but doesn't mean i understand why others can't. It's not brilliant and its ****ing expensive. I find it madness, madness that we let the ground only half fill up and yet charge this stupid price for tickets. It's pathetic.

Don't take the wife, they don't like football, they only say they do because they think it's important to you and going to games is being supportive.:smt081:smt081

Don't take the wife, they don't like football, they only say they do because they think it's important to you and going to games is being supportive.:smt081:smt081

Sadly too true!

Her 'support' has even forced me to going to games on my own this year.

I sometimes pretend to talk on my phone at those games to look like i've got friends.

Working on those figures the Wednesday v. Forest game would of cost £12.00 each, is this correct? Would certainly get more bums on seats if this is the case.

Available seats or including the corners where we can no longer sit (and which are effectively therefore not seats at all). I suspect we would leap up the table if this were taken on board. And is therefore obviously proof that all is well in the land of the Saint...

Working on those figures the Wednesday v. Forest game would of cost £12.00 each, is this correct? Would certainly get more bums on seats if this is the case.

That is a really good point. I don't want to open up the old Saints Trust chesnut again but if as as supporters we could have a dialogue with the board on the issue, it might bear some fruit. Even if the walk-up price was reduced to £18/19, that might tempt a few more in.

mrbenn_2.jpg

The average over the past 5 seasons counting this season so far is 15.03%. You are not bottom either. A bigger than average fall may show that things are not well with such clubs and certainly those with the biggest falls have tended not to do well. Birmingham were relegated twice. Norwich increased their crowd probably due to massive price cuts.

Norwich 2% increase

Decreases

Sunderland 5.9

Wolves 7.8

Derby 9.8

Watford 10.7

Charlton 11.6

Sheff u 16.5

Reading 18.0

Birmingham 18.7

Palace 19.3

WBA 19.5

Leeds 20.3

Leicester 22.1

Saints 22.9

Birmingham 24.3

That is a really good point. I don't want to open up the old Saints Trust chesnut again but if as as supporters we could have a dialogue with the board on the issue, it might bear some fruit. Even if the walk-up price was reduced to £18/19, that might tempt a few more in.

Couldn't agree more even though I am a season ticket holder, we need more bums on seats so it should be made more affordable.

Couldn't agree more even though I am a season ticket holder, we need more bums on seats so it should be made more affordable.

the interesting thing with the price argument is at what price do you get people to come and watch us lose home games.

unless we start winning i am not convinced price is a major factor

the interesting thing with the price argument is at what price do you get people to come and watch us lose home games.

unless we start winning i am not convinced price is a major factor

I would have to agree. Paying £5 less to watch us lose would probbly be viewed as a waste of £19, rather than a saving of £5. Therefore I'm not convinced a slight drop in prices would equate to a decent rise in attendances.

Results on the pitch are the number one issue with regards attendances.

Having said that, I would like to believe that we could do something to drive up attendances and get people to rally behind the Club in these dark days. We need to engender a Dunkirk spirit from somewhere.

I would have to agree. Paying £5 less to watch us lose would probbly be viewed as a waste of £19, rather than a saving of £5. Therefore I'm not convinced a slight drop in prices would equate to a decent rise in attendances.

Having said that, I would like to believe that we could do something to drive up attendances and get people to rally behind the Club in these dark days. We need to engender a Dunkirk spirit from somewhere.

you need a leader both on and of the pitch who people , those who do not go, repect and relate to

oh dear

Proves what a massive error Lowe made in returning to control the club. The fans simply have no confidence in his policies. We know that even if the youngsters do well, they are going to be sold off. Disilusioned supporters have turned away in droves. The last match of last season was the highest attendance in the Championship. Had he allowed Pearson to rebuild the team as a blend of youth and experience we would have maintained the attendances of last season and massively improved our income from gates - compared to now.

Lowe out!

TBF we are undefeated in our last three home games but I tend to agree, a slight drop in prices would not equate to a large rise in attendances although it would tempt a few.

yet more tosh from the keyboard of the beast!!!

Its not just down to the fact that RL and MW are there. Its also down to overly priced tickets, which do not represent value for money as what we watch each week is poor, with the odd glimmer of hope which is soon extinguished by the likes of Coventry and QPR. All the turmoil which has surrounded us over the past few years would have the same effect on any of the other clubs in that list. If the players we had started to perfom then attendances would increase, football is a results business afterall.

Whether we attend or not, in our current climate we would still have to sell players, thats not down to fans not coming but through the gross mis-management this club has witnessed over the last few years!!

No no. I wouldn't pay twice to watch Wednesday! If my father in law wants me to come he can pay for his own ticket!

No, it was £28 a ticket for the Forest game, so i didn't go. And that is why Wednesday aren't getting many at Hillsborough.

If it had been £15 or less i would have gone, for me £15-20 is the psycological barrier for this division. Everything over £20 and i'm feel someone's got my pants down a little.

My point is i wonder how many casual fans aren't attending at the mo because of the price?

Don't forget as well it's only a few years ago since we were only getting 15k at the Dell. We're still getting that even though we're proper sh1t. Increasing that core support will take longer than a few years.

Forgetting the Coventry game, our recent performances though not good had at least shown the team capable of rolling up their sleeves and giving it a go. Norwich was a good result and I would hope that this game could hopefully stop the downward spiral. Even if just for a game or two. Another good result is clearly a possibility seeing that Watford are placed close to us. Lots of teams can be well beaten away but manage to win at home. Let's all cheer them on and bring the points home this Saturday.

This Lucker guy at SMS is honestly not bright enough to manage ticket sales. We don't go along any more on the spur of the moment for evening cup games as there is never enough staff on to sell tickets. You get in the ground at half time if you're lucky and to pay for half a game will not entice me to attend as much as I would love to. (I can't buy in advance as work a long way from home and don't know if I will manage to be there).

What Lucker said in the Echo was that selling season tickets is actually holding us back from getting many more supporters in as the club are worried about upsetting season ticket holders by discounting. What utter rubbish this is, it's 5 year old stuff. Do they know at the ticket office why people buy season tickets ?????????????????????? NO THEY DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In fact why do they buy? Ok there is a discount for buying all year and you get your guaranteed seat next to friends and family etc. Ok on the discount issue this is only an advantage IF you can attend just about every match and as most people would end up missing a game or two throughout a season the discount reason is minimal. So this brings us to either support of the club - with money paid in advance or sitting next to friends etc !!!!!!!! Maybe there is a reason I have not listed?

We need bums on seats and noise. Results are mediocre the team is building and customers are thin on the ground. However, WE have apparently precluded ourselves from attracting more support because we have sold season tickets rendering us totally incapacitated to react to market forces. Good business ????????????? no bloody poor business. Before you make mindless statements Mr Ticket Sales expert find out why people buy season tickets and then plan your sales to fill the ground. In other words think backwards !!!!!!! The most fundamental advantage you can gain at home is a large partisan crowd - the 12th man.

The club are guilty of not drumming up support, they are not out there making noise in the community - the marketing is p ss poor, the awareness of their customers is non existant, it's often impossible to buy tickets on line or at the ground!

The place is less than half full and this makes the overall experience less enjoyable. This resignation from the club to accept the status quo is mind blowingly amateur....................

God you even have to pay to be a member - bloody HELP, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON with this so called business !!!!!

I think it's worth dropping ticket prices to, say £18 / £19, as £20+ seems excessive all things considered at the moment.

I don't think Luker can keep hiding behind ST holder-related arguments when the crowds are plummeting as they currently are, yes it's stating the bleeding obvious that wins would help but it's now time for action.

God you even have to pay to be a member - bloody HELP, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON with this so called business !!!!!

You've got to be a muppet to be a member imo.

£20 for a plastic card that get's a ticket a week early.

Yeah that sounds like a really good use of £20.:rolleyes:

I think it's worth dropping ticket prices to, say £18 / £19, as £20+ seems excessive all things considered at the moment.

I don't think Luker can keep hiding behind ST holder-related arguments when the crowds are plummeting as they currently are, yes it's stating the bleeding obvious that wins would help but it's now time for action.

Would certainly agree with this, £18.00 is about right for the product for an adult but make it much less for students and kids.

Guest Hacienda
You've got to be a muppet to be a member imo.

£20 for a plastic card that get's a ticket a week early.

Yeah that sounds like a really good use of £20.:rolleyes:

But membership is only one step down from being a supa dupa fan with a season ticket. :rolleyes:

But membership is only one step down from being a supa dupa fan with a season ticket. :rolleyes:

I can understand having membership in the Premier League when tickets are harder to get, but in the CCC with a club floundering with 50% occupency it's pointless.

The only reason to throw £20 down the drain on a membership is if the club is looking like promotion at Christmas time. That way you'll get your play-off tickets no worries.

I suppose it's just easier to sit in front of a computer and complain than to actually go to a game and support your team when they need you. Call yourself Saints fans? I think not.

Call myself a Saints fan but also a family man. Understand or do you need me to simplify the response?