Kelvin Davis to be sold with Rasiak, Saga and Skacel

Matthew Le God

UMP never new it was you posting without all the smillie things,do you have withdrawal symptoms?

Think the smileys etc ;) :D :rolleyes: have been rumbled!!!!

Tried HTH a few times as well, but now need a new way of winding up some of the posters on here.

CBD.

Same od Alpine, provocative as ever. You really need to lighten up, now where is you bestest forum mate, sog?

Yep, and you appear to be on a concerted attempt to wind-up everone who doesnt share your misplace unequivocal optimism for the new set up.

This club still has massive problems on-field as well as off-field, and you need to realise it.

We may just be able to manage without Rasiak , Saga , and Skacel next season - in all honesty I'd already written them off as likely departures . Kelvin Davis on the other hand should remain if at all possible as (IMO) he's our best keeper and quite vital to our survival prospects in 08/09 .

Bialkowski fans may well disagree but I see no evidence that he's anywhere near as capable as KD at this time . As for Tommy Forecast I can pass no comment as I've never seen him play , except that he obviously has next to zero first team experience .

Bart lost his way and makes the odd mistake, but no more than Kelvin did anyway, and he needs games to develop. I'm fine having him in goal. Kelvin can play very well, but it's never that comfortable for the defence with him in goal, so hardly building for the future.

I was never a massive fan of Davis, but I do think he is way ahead of Bart.

For all his great shot stopping saves, I do fear that Bart has a tendency to flap, does not command his box and does not communicate well with the defence.

Losing Davis will IMHO be a big blow. I have no problem with plying talented and up for it youngsters, but I think they should be augmented by a strong spine of the team, starting with the keeper.

Maybe Forecast will be the oe to step up, because in Bart I see Ivan Katalinic.

Why must your opinion be fact though? Get on with your own views, fine, but you're having a go at him for not accepting someone elses OPINION, then doing the exact same thing back to him.

He's happy about the way things are going, you're not. What's wrong with that?

Quite simple, He came on here and started attacking my viewpoint this morning.

People in glass houses,etc...

As for my opinion being fact - do you seriously deny this club has problems in both areas still ?

I see this aura of optimisim surrounding the club at the moment as being no more than the usual on the eve of a new season - and it lasted about 15mins last season...

For sale - one goalkeeper. Unfortunately no good at crosses, kicking, or communicating with defence, but good at the odd save for the cameras. Guaranteed to add to your goals conceded column. Oh, and on big wages. Sounds ideal for a Ridsdale purchase. Perhaps we should introduce Kelvin to Cardiff boyos this weekend...

Go for the return of Niemi....

Quite simple, He came on here and started attacking my viewpoint this morning.

People in glass houses,etc...

As for my opinion being fact - do you seriously deny this club has problems in both areas still ?

I see this aura of optimisim surrounding the club at the moment as being no more than the usual on the eve of a new season - and it lasted about 15mins last season...

Look at it this way.

Your head is in the noose.

The man has his hand on the trap door lever.

The priest is reading your last rites.

The crowd are baying for your broken neck.

In that moment before death which is better? To die squealing like a pig. Or quietly and with dignity like a man?

Will be inteteresting to see who will be the highest-paid person at the club at the end of the next financial year. My guess is it will be Lowe by a light-year.....
and deservedly so, if he turns aroud the wage structure and costs of the club.It will be a massive feat.

As for the players to be sold, that has always been the case since the summer.I dont see it as big news as its been mentioned time and again that players on high wages are free to go.

I'd like to know why Jan "the Man" if he is so positive as people claim from the Solent Forum and other contacts, cannot win round and motivate one or two of these players to deliver the goods we know they are capable of ?

You cant motivate someone who doesnt want to be there. Wouldnt matter if we had Mr Motivator, they are ego's who believe they are something they are not.

Skacel = Overrated Waver

Rasiak = Scored alot of goals one season for us, then turned into a donkey.

Davis = Mong

Saga= Runs around alot, thats it.

Look at it this way.

In that moment before death which is better? To die squealing like a pig. Or quietly and with dignity like a man?

Er.....

Edited by alpine_saint

and deservedly so, if he turns aroud the wage structure and costs of the club.It will be a massive feat.

As for the players to be sold, that has always been the case since the summer.I dont see it as big news as its been mentioned time and again that players on high wages are free to go.

Disagree that cutting wages etc is a massive feat, it will only be a massive feat if we have a successful season on the pitch.

The fact Rupert can cut costs and Crouch did not does not IMO make it a massive feat

Disagree that cutting wages etc is a massive feat, it will only be a massive feat if we have a successful season on the pitch.

The fact Rupert can cut costs and Crouch did not does not IMO make it a massive feat

Cutting costs and making us stable would be a momentous achievement. Already he has turned a fair few of his critics into being fairly excited about the new set up.That again is good.He will p### me off during his tenure there is no doubt but generally that is the way of life and you have to understand most of it will be of benifit. He can see the figures wheras we do not and so he is best positioned to make the decisions.

If he gets success on the pitch, although you cannot put that down to him,except se;lecting a the best approach, that will be an added bonus .

bournemouth are a warning to us about being so flippant going into administration.

Cutting costs and making us stable would be a momentous achievement. Already he has turned a fair few of his critics into being fairly excited about the new set up.That again is good.He will p### me off during his tenure there is no doubt but generally that is the way of life and you have to understand most of it will be of benifit. He can see the figures wheras we do not and so he is best positioned to make the decisions.

If he gets success on the pitch, although you cannot put that down to him,except se;lecting a the best approach, that will be an added bonus .

bournemouth are a warning to us about being so flippant going into administration.

Cutting costs to make us stable could be achieved by thousands of Accountants around the country it is not , imo, a massive feat.

The massive feat will be to combine the cost cutting with producing a successful product, ie team, which generates more income than expected in the budgets.

The Chairman/CEO is responsible for the performance of the whole business, he has control of who does what and that applies equally to a football club as it does to any other business

Er.....

Well come on Alps. We got our wish. No more GB.

This season could be a calamity.

It could surprise us all.

Even you (as I) must accept that there is little option yet but to tough it out for a few games and see where we are??

What is your preference?

Losing 17points before the start of next season???

Cutting costs to make us stable could be achieved by thousands of Accountants around the country it is not , imo, a massive feat.

The massive feat will be to combine the cost cutting with producing a successful product, ie team, which generates more income than expected in the budgets.

The Chairman/CEO is responsible for the performance of the whole business, he has control of who does what and that applies equally to a football club as it does to any other business

Cutting costs and so by doing so avoiding the potential -17 or even -10 is a massive feat.If by the skin of our teeth we do so that is something that should be recognised.And no most accountants couldnt do what RL is doing that is why they are accountants.

Cutting costs and so by doing so avoiding the potential -17 or even -10 is a massive feat.If by the skin of our teeth we do so that is something that should be recognised.And no most accountants couldnt do what RL is doing that is why they are accountants.

What he is doing goes on every day in thousands of businesses around the world, cutting costs is a daily occurrence.

Based on your logic when RL pops his clogs the business will go bust

What he is doing goes on every day in thousands of businesses around the world, cutting costs is a daily occurrence.

Based on your logic when RL pops his clogs the business will go bust

Of course it does but he is the one who has been brave enough to grasp the nettle, unlike others that let things go.Cutting the costs he has to i daunting.

Anyway you are just tryng to be argumentative, you know im correct.

Of course it does but he is the one who has been brave enough to grasp the nettle, unlike others that let things go.Cutting the costs he has to i daunting.

Anyway you are just tryng to be argumentative, you know im correct.

it is just your use of adjectives like massive , that concern me.

I have never made a secret of the fact that i want all 3 of them (lowe, wilde and crouch) gone and just because lowe is better than crouch does not make him a super businessman imo.

and anyway you just like to have the last word.

ps have you seen Rich lately , i am concerned by his lack of thoughts over the summer

...possibly. Down to their large wages and lack of motivation.

On the eve of the new season Jan has said that Kelvin may be sold along with Rasiak, Saga and Skacel if an offer comes in before end of window. He also talked Bart up as a replacement if Kelvin does go with Forecast as a reserve behind Bart. Thoughts?

I think most things come under the category of "possibly" , like Drogba coming here to be guaranteed first team football (or would he be?!)

it is just your use of adjectives like massive , that concern me.

I have never made a secret of the fact that i want all 3 of them (lowe, wilde and crouch) gone and just because lowe is better than crouch does not make him a super businessman imo.

and anyway you just like to have the last word.

ps have you seen Rich lately , i am concerned by his lack of thoughts over the summer

No I only see him at SMS. Going to SMS is not all fun you know...only kidding RC

it was well posted on here that

Euell

Davies

Davis

Surman

Dyer

Rasiak

John

would all go and no one in

So, 1 out of 7 isn't bad is it?

Never know if we can offload aother 20K or so from the weekly bill might even see a not too bad striker (like Chopra)

signing on before the end of the month. First the outs then perhaps the ins, certainly not the other,speculative, way round.

Edited by Window Cleaner

The club has financial problems, but for the first time in ages we're actually trying to do something about it rather than carrying on oblivious and praying for takeovers. That to me is a positive step. I think that's the key for most people, not that things are all magically fine, but that we've taken the first few steps towards improvement and actually sorting out the mess of recent times. I think that's all football fans can ask for really, improvement, however slow.

On the pitch I see a squad that will perform better than last season. We've lost no-one I wanted to keep, got rid of people I really didn't rate, and shown we won't stand for players who don't want to be here and give everything. I don't see the point in having better, experienced players like Skacel, JV and Rasiak if they don't especially want to be here. Keeping John is a bonus and means we're not relying on McGoldrick, who may or may not come good. Fans love to see young players coming through and their team trying to play football the right way. We have that, so there's lots to be optimistic about. Whether or not it's a huge success, at least we're trying to do things the right way.

No-one has denied financial problems, or suggested we have no weaknesses in the squad, but I bet you anything that this season, we'll have a squad that performs as well as they can. That may get us promoted, may be mid-table, or could get stuffed every week, but they'll give us everything. To me, that is far better, and far less infuriating, than a couple of seasons of people not caring, taking huge salaries and putting up with lazy, pathetic, spineless management. THAT, is why I'm far happier now.

Ok, fair comment, but whether its enthusiastic kids getting tonked week-in week-out, or lazy old men, the net result is the same.

I just think not enough focus is being made about the end product. We need results as well - some sh*t amongst all the farts...

Ok, fair comment, but whether its enthusiastic kids getting tonked week-in week-out, or lazy old men, the net result is the same.

I just think not enough focus is being made about the end product. We need results as well - some sh*t amongst all the farts...

LOL - Classic Alpine! The last sentence is definately one for the pub. In fact, it's the second cracker I've seen on TSF this week - who came up with the brilliant "Administration for Saints as a solution would be like using a revolver to relieve a headache"? Also last summer I saw someone on here describe LM's face on a particular occasion as like a "bulldog licking **** off of a nettle". I know it's off topic but I creased up when I saw this.

Hope Kelvin Davies is not sold too soon, we should hold onto him until the end of theyear at least. Bart is not really quite there yet through lack of experience as much as anything else. The kids will need a wise older head or two at the back to steady the ship when the team come under siege as inevitably they will from time to time. With Perry and Thomas most definitely suspect under pressure, we have in reality only Michael Svennson to rely on apart from Kelvin; he cannot do the whole thing on his own.

Its carp in your opinion only.

Really astounded at the intolerance around here at the moment..

Its because you are so frustrating, nothing against you personally but its bloody annoying looking at this thread (and others you post on) because you spoil them and antagonise people.

Hence why it was far better when you were banned.

So, 1 out of 7 isn't bad is it?

Never know if we can offload aother 20K or so from the weekly bill might even see a not too bad striker (like Chopra)

signing on before the end of the month. First the outs then perhaps the ins, certainly not the other,speculative, way round.

Actually I think 'only' selling one out of those 7 is VERY bad. I would imagine that the club (and Barclays) was 'banking' on us obtaining at least a couple of million from player sales to go towards paying off some of debts and no doubt this was part of the plan agreed with Barclays. However despite trying to flog all of the 7 all we have managed to get is a few hundred grand for Safri which I doubt we have even been paid yet.

This no doubt will move us even nearer to going into admin at some point in the season.

It now appears that we are so desperate that we are having to forget about selling players and are just giving them away (JV released, Saga on loan, Rasiak and Skacel next??) just to get their pretty huge wages off of the wage bill.

If we come out of the window only having sold Safri then I fear that our financial position will be even more serious than it was at the start of the Summer. People are kidding themselves if they think the ship can be righted by simply cutting down on the wages of Claus, Makin, Licka, etc....

Actually I think 'only' selling one out of those 7 is VERY bad. I would imagine that the club (and Barclays) was 'banking' on us obtaining at least a couple of million from player sales to go towards paying off some of debts and no doubt this was part of the plan agreed with Barclays. However despite trying to flog all of the 7 all we have managed to get is a few hundred grand for Safri which I doubt we have even been paid yet.

This no doubt will move us even nearer to going into admin at some point in the season.

It now appears that we are so desperate that we are having to forget about selling players and are just giving them away (JV released, Saga on loan, Rasiak and Skacel next??) just to get their pretty huge wages off of the wage bill.

If we come out of the window only having sold Safri then I fear that our financial position will be even more serious than it was at the start of the Summer. People are kidding themselves if they think the ship can be righted by simply cutting down on the wages of Claus, Makin, Licka, etc....

How can it be that bad if we can spend 1million on a player (M.Schiderwhatshisface)

How can it be that bad if we can spend 1million on a player (M.Schiderwhatshisface)

Depends what the payment plan with his former club was.

And he was signed pretty much at the start of the pre-season (presumably when we thought we would be getting some cash for Skacel, JV, Rasiak, Saga, Euell, etc...)

Our financial situation is still bad. I think the comments/announcements from Lowe and Wilde pretty much prove this.

Look at it this way.

An interesting but rather black analogy. The answer is rather dependent on a couple of factors. Usually one would reply that it is better to die with dignity, but perhaps if one feels that one is being executed whilst innocent, the chances of dying squealing like a pig are more likely. Then there is the possibility of a life hereafter if one's religious views are in that direction. In the real life though, or at least in connection with businesses like ours, there is indeed precedent for a life hereafter, in fact an actual reincarnation unhindered by many of the hindrances suffered in the first existence.

I'm not advocating it, merely pointing out that it is not necessarily curtains for us when the trapdoor falls.

JP did strongly hint that Saga, Skacel and Rasiak didnt put effort in as much as they should and suggested that the hunger/desire isnt there.

Let's just speculate on their mindsets using a bit of amateur psychology which may well be wide of the mark, but might also have some bearing on things. I'm surmising that having absorbed the fact that we are skint and on the verge of administration, that we have already dismissed a manager that the players respected and who had motivated them and made them fitter and more focussed, he is then replaced by a couple of foreign managers that they have probably never heard of. The board has been replaced by the two people who were arguably most responsible for our demise and who have no particular affinity for any of them. It is made clear that because of our parlous financial state, we need to bring drastic surgery to our wage bill and that we propose to axe any player earning over a certain level and replace them with cheap youngsters or cheap journeymen.

On that basis, is there really any surprise that those players are demoralised, unmotivated, despondent? Yes, they can fight for a place in the team, but what's the point? The club would rather sell them, or get them off the wage bill by any means possible. As the same nervousness and demoralistion pervades the backroom staff too, there is a poisonous atmosphere about many areas of the club at the moment. If the youngsters do well, then things will look much brighter. But as never before, if things go badly wrong, the foundations are in place for greater rumblings of discontent than ever before.

Saints Web may be a new board but the same posters chanting out the same rhetoric. Cutting costs is very very easy. Cutting costs whilst maintaining similar or superior performance is not.

I get the nasty feeling you are correct here. I heard recently that investment was a necessity and Cowen said something similar at the Saints forum last night (never heard it precisely, so waiting on that play back). Then the rumblings from the Fulthorpe camp, who as I see it only have the money to afford to pick up the pieces once the fan has done the work load. We must be looking down the barrel of the gun if we fail to reduce our wage bill and bring in capital to offset our losses. All the high earning senior players have been available for sale from the beginning of the season, with the hope that enough revenue could be generated and drastically reduce the wage bill. Fans can point at the signings of Holmes, Perry and Wotton as an indication that things are not that bad, with these being signed before we offloaded. But as was explained to me, we were jacobed if we failed to move the high earners on anyway. So we might as well be ready if we do get things sorted, as it really will not make a lot of difference if things go pear. The Schniederlin signing bucks all this, but I get the feeling that someone has lent a helping hand here.

When all this came up at the end of last season with the Dutch coming in and the youth being promoted, I felt we were on for a hiding what ever happened and just hoped to make the best out of a bad job. But after recently seeing the team play (especially against West ham), I suddenly realised that we were in with a real shout with these kids. Not only of escaping relegation, but of possibly better. The fact we never off loaded the high earners before now and brought in the youth players far earlier as Crystal Palace and Norwich had done, now looks far more stupid and harder to take.

Announcing they will be sold surely reduces the price.

Idiakez gone for free too, JV gone for free, Safri gone for free, Thomas worth very little, Rasiaks value halved, same with Skacel, Sagas value gone, Kevin worthless, Ostlund gone for free...and so on. No wonder we're in such a mess. The only good signing was Davies, because he was the only one whose value was actually likely to increase. Surely in this league when spending money, you HAVE to look for players whose value will go up??

I'm sure everyone in the football world knows of our financial state and that pretty much any reasonable offer will be accepted so I doubt making this public will have too much of an impact on their market value.

Like many things in life at the moment it is a buyers market.

Cutting costs is very very easy. Cutting costs whilst maintaining similar or superior performance is not.

Agree. If at the end of the season we have reduced losses and achieve better than 20th place - it will be a superior performance.

The club has financial problems, but for the first time in ages we're actually trying to do something about it rather than carrying on oblivious and praying for takeovers. That to me is a positive step. I think that's the key for most people, not that things are all magically fine, but that we've taken the first few steps towards improvement and actually sorting out the mess of recent times. I think that's all football fans can ask for really, improvement, however slow.

On the pitch I see a squad that will perform better than last season. We've lost no-one I wanted to keep, got rid of people I really didn't rate, and shown we won't stand for players who don't want to be here and give everything. I don't see the point in having better, experienced players like Skacel, JV and Rasiak if they don't especially want to be here. Keeping John is a bonus and means we're not relying on McGoldrick, who may or may not come good. Fans love to see young players coming through and their team trying to play football the right way. We have that, so there's lots to be optimistic about. Whether or not it's a huge success, at least we're trying to do things the right way.

No-one has denied financial problems, or suggested we have no weaknesses in the squad, but I bet you anything that this season, we'll have a squad that performs as well as they can. That may get us promoted, may be mid-table, or could get stuffed every week, but they'll give us everything. To me, that is far better, and far less infuriating, than a couple of seasons of people not caring, taking huge salaries and putting up with lazy, pathetic, spineless management. THAT, is why I'm far happier now.

A view that I share also. Nail on head. Feels like we have got the spirit back again even though I think we will have a fight on our hands both on and off the pitch.

My only concern would be that if we have a great start to the season, will we be able to resist the prem boys from sniffing around in January. That will be a test of Lowes credentials.

A view that I share also. Nail on head. Feels like we have got the spirit back again even though I think we will have a fight on our hands both on and off the pitch.

My only concern would be that if we have a great start to the season, will we be able to resist the prem boys from sniffing around in January. That will be a test of Lowes credentials.

bigger test could be if we have a bad start, young players lose confidence and crowd numbers drop

Its because you are so frustrating, nothing against you personally but its bloody annoying looking at this thread (and others you post on) because you spoil them and antagonise people.

Hence why it was far better when you were banned.

So you think I should be banned because my refusal to be unequivocally happy-clappy about the new season antagonises other people ?

Wow. I think you should think about what you've written there.

... We've lost no-one I wanted to keep, got rid of people I really didn't rate, and shown we won't stand for players who don't want to be here and give everything. I don't see the point in having better, experienced players like Skacel, JV and Rasiak if they don't especially want to be here.

I don't disagree with anything you've said there. However, do you not have even the slightest suspicion that we are 'leaked' information that the same senior players whose hearts aren't in it and don't want to be here just happen to he the higher wager earners in the club? Quite a coincidence.

Edited by Greenridge

Announcing they will be sold surely reduces the price.

So what will they go for now? We've got nothing for saga, and I imagine he'll go on a free eventually.

Rasiak, maybe 1m? Skacel, 500k? Davis 250k or free?

The list of players burley spent over 10m on really doesn't come down to much if sell ons and retained value does it.

Idiakez gone for free too, JV gone for free, Safri gone for free, Thomas worth very little, Rasiaks value halved, same with Skacel, Sagas value gone, Kevin worthless, Ostlund gone for free...and so on. No wonder we're in such a mess. The only good signing was Davies, because he was the only one whose value was actually likely to increase. Surely in this league when spending money, you HAVE to look for players whose value will go up??

All of Burleys feck ups. Difference now is that we have promising players that could be worth a lot more than that lot. So things balance themselves out eventually.

So you think I should be banned because my refusal to be unequivocally happy-clappy about the new season antagonises other people ?

Wow. I think you should think about what you've written there.

Its typical of you Alpine. You sit in your armchair and only wish to pick away at the fans morale. Nothing is right , you moan about everthing. Even the Alpine air has not got your mood changed.

Its about time you said something positive and stopped sniping at the club.GB has gone and the youngsters are playing a nice entertaining brand of football.Give them 5 games before you start your normal campaigns of strife.