Kelvin Davis to be sold with Rasiak, Saga and Skacel

Matthew Le God

So you think I should be banned because my refusal to be unequivocally happy-clappy about the new season antagonises other people ?

Wow. I think you should think about what you've written there.

TBF though Alpine -to my knowledge you're never happy. Everything has the Alpine acid tinge to it. It does make depressing reading - and largely pointless too. People generally know your response to an issue before you write it.

90% of Saints fans (IMO) know we are in for a tough season and are lightweight upfront. However its pre-season, its summer and what the **** is wrong with being optimistic and looking forward to the season and some attacking football? No-one wants some Jeremiah pointing out the bleeding obvious and bemoaning the state of reality.

All of Burleys feck ups. Difference now is that we have promising players that could be worth a lot more than that lot. So things balance themselves out eventually.

Yes, all of the players who got us to within penalties of a possible return to the Premiership.

Isn't it ironic that Lowe who has a reputation of astuteness in his dealings of player purchases and sales now finds himself in a position whereby because of financial crisis at the club, all of the players on wages above a certain level have to be sold? As has rightly been pointed out, the quickest way to reduce a player's value is to show desperation to get rid of him.

What a shame that player's of this calibre weren't available a year or two ago from other club's who were in our current position. What a lot of money we could have saved. It must really be irksome to the board not having the whiphand in any negotiations regarding the sale of these players. Everybody in football much know of our precarious position.

Its typical of you Alpine. You sit in your armchair and only wish to pick away at the fans morale. Nothing is right , you moan about everthing. Even the Alpine air has not got your mood changed.

Its about time you said something positive and stopped sniping at the club.GB has gone and the youngsters are playing a nice entertaining brand of football.Give them 5 games before you start your normal campaigns of strife.

He has a point though Nick.

We have financial problems that still need to be resolved.

We have a manager untried or proven at this level.

The players are young and inexperienced.

Pre-season friendlies are giving fans a lot of optimism, but as yet they haven't won a game. So as things stand they are yet to prove they can cut it amongst the CCC.

Pre-season friendlies are giving fans a lot of optimism, but as yet they haven't won a game. So as things stand they are yet to prove they can cut it amongst the CCC.

Yet people seem to be happy to have Alan Shearer in charge. lol.

look Alpine would have something to moan about if wqe were 50 points clear.

Most are willing to give the new lot a chance because it is where we are at.

Your points are pertinent but until the season has started why not give the players the club and fans a bit of slack and see.If the kids feel extra pressure because prats are losing their nerve it can only help the opposition and its more likely to fail.

Smile and even if you dont totally belive give it a chance.

Indeed. I would prefer Saints to play pretty football with committed youngsters, but I want them to win more. Getting out of this godforsaken division is essential to the long-term future of this club.

Some people on here seem to feel the oppositie. But if they have their way, the pretty football will be being player by different players each season as we flog the previous lot just to tread water...

Yes, all of the players who got us to within penalties of a possible return to the Premiership.

Isn't it ironic that Lowe who has a reputation of astuteness in his dealings of player purchases and sales now finds himself in a position whereby because of financial crisis at the club, all of the players on wages above a certain level have to be sold? As has rightly been pointed out, the quickest way to reduce a player's value is to show desperation to get rid of him.

What a shame that player's of this calibre weren't available a year or two ago from other club's who were in our current position. What a lot of money we could have saved. It must really be irksome to the board not having the whiphand in any negotiations regarding the sale of these players. Everybody in football much know of our precarious position.

He' waited all summer for offers for them. Obviously know one else is that interested in them. Perhaps you have a better idea of how to off load them quickly.

look Alpine would have something to moan about if wqe were 50 points clear.Most are willing to give the new lot a chance because it is where we are at.

Your points are pertinent but until the season has started why not give the players the club and fans a bit of slack and see.If the kids feel extra pressure because prats are losing their nerve it can only help the opposition and its more likely to fail.

Smile and even if you dont totally belive give it a chance.

how do you know that ? I am simply telling things as I see them. I cant fathom why that is so hard to stomach for some of you.

Of course, but we don't know the current squad will get tonked every week. We had a pretty fair idea that it would go that way if we left things the same

Pearson saved us by getting Perry, Wright and Lucketti, whereas Burley spent big money on lesser players.

And instead of searching for experience and ability (which could well be out there at a reasonable cost if we really looked hard) we are gambling on untested youngsters who (most fans would probably admit if they were honest) look decidedly light-weight. Pre-season certainly isn't real-time CCC football, and I am very worried that the window will close, and we'll be stuffed until January.

We've brought in coaches who really do not know CCC football, who will know very little about british players at this level, who will be relying on Hockaday for information, and we have wasted much of the summer waiting for the experiment to begin.

I really hope it comes off, now they've committed the club to this path, but I do think it is naive in the extreme.

Yet people seem to be happy to have Alan Shearer in charge. lol.

Hope your not refering to me. I haven't stated that I want Shearer.

As Nickh has just said, I am more than happy with giving the Dutch guys a chance. I was with Burley and Pearson. But until we have played a dozen games, we will not know much.

Bringing Shearer in at this stage would be very unsettling.

how do you know that ? I am simply telling things as I see them. I cant fathom why that is so hard to stomach for some of you.
IMO Its in your character, You have rarely put up a post that is at all positive.Face to face I have no doubt you're a good well meaning and nice person but on here you always want to erode the fans morale and it is not what we ALL need, club/players /or fans.

IMO Its in your character, You have rarely put up a post that is at all positive.Face to face I have no doubt you're a good well meaning and nice person but on here you always want to erode the fans morale and it is not what we ALL need, club/players /or fans.

So you believe my single motivation is to demotivate fellow fans ?

Tell me, why do you come on here ? What is your motivation ?

What, like having knees... yep, bet he suddenly looked down and went "Feck my legs have bent..." in Polish obviously.

Just injured myself laughing there

Tbh Davis is good, I am a big fan of Barts but relying on him for consistancy... :|

Annoyed Saga is off as HCDAJFU as could Skacel if we could afford him. Fine if Rasiak goes.

I also do hope Euell stays as he is experienced and has come on with Saints, he also poses a goal threat if the rest of the team fails to deliver (...inevitable)

Alpine,

You are a fairly negative chap, last year it was "we need a CB" this year its "Play players that are quality but cant be arsed".

You have strange ideas, and i salute you for defending them to the death.

xx

Alpine,

You are a fairly negative chap, last year it was "we need a CB" this year its "Play players that are quality but cant be arsed".

You have strange ideas, and i salute you for defending them to the death.

xx

Yeah, I was well wide of the mark with the CB issue, wasnt I ?

Well it seems to me and I believe many others that you are probably the most negative posters on here.Your return has already caused a negativity and that seems to be the shroud you cast on here.

We have a new forum and so how about putting some more positives instead of the other negatives.

You were not correct with the centre back issue, we had more than enough, it was just a case we had an appalling injury jinx in that position.

Ok, fair comment, but whether its enthusiastic kids getting tonked week-in week-out, or lazy old men, the net result is the same.

I just think not enough focus is being made about the end product. We need results as well - some sh*t amongst all the farts...

net result isn't the same -we will save a 17 point deduction!

The club has financial problems, but for the first time in ages we're actually trying to do something about it rather than carrying on oblivious and praying for takeovers. That to me is a positive step. I think that's the key for most people, not that things are all magically fine, but that we've taken the first few steps towards improvement and actually sorting out the mess of recent times. I think that's all football fans can ask for really, improvement, however slow.

On the pitch I see a squad that will perform better than last season. We've lost no-one I wanted to keep, got rid of people I really didn't rate, and shown we won't stand for players who don't want to be here and give everything. I don't see the point in having better, experienced players like Skacel, JV and Rasiak if they don't especially want to be here. Keeping John is a bonus and means we're not relying on McGoldrick, who may or may not come good. Fans love to see young players coming through and their team trying to play football the right way. We have that, so there's lots to be optimistic about. Whether or not it's a huge success, at least we're trying to do things the right way.

No-one has denied financial problems, or suggested we have no weaknesses in the squad, but I bet you anything that this season, we'll have a squad that performs as well as they can. That may get us promoted, may be mid-table, or could get stuffed every week, but they'll give us everything. To me, that is far better, and far less infuriating, than a couple of seasons of people not caring, taking huge salaries and putting up with lazy, pathetic, spineless management. THAT, is why I'm far happier now.

Top post and agree completely.

I would much rather pay to see these youngsters who are totally committed and willing to give their all to the cause than watch a repeat of last season.

If Saints continue to play the sort of football that they have done during pre-season throughout the coming campaign, then I think that not only will we surprise a few people, but the crowds will soon come back too.

Top post and agree completely.

I would much rather pay to see these youngsters who are totally committed and willing to give their all to the cause than watch a repeat of last season.

If Saints continue to play the sort of football that they have done during pre-season throughout the coming campaign, then I think that not only will we surprise a few people, but the crowds will soon come back too.

If they get a result in the next week, I will drive from Austria for the Blackpool game.

But back on topic, I'd say that Davis being sold isn't very likely after his pre-Cardiff interview on the website. Not very likely that they'd pick a player for that that will leave sooner rather then later.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/articles/article.php?page_id=10416

Davis potentially being sold came straight from Jan's mouth during the BBC forum.

He' waited all summer for offers for them. Obviously know one else is that interested in them. Perhaps you have a better idea of how to off load them quickly.

I don't have any particular desire to be rid of them, so why would I suggest ways to offload them? If others have shown no interest in buying them, then that is very astute of them. No doubt they're waiting for us to become so desperate that we'll have to give them away. Your move, Rupert.

Davis potentially being sold came straight from Jan's mouth during the BBC forum.

That didn't pass me by either. Bit of a shame Davis being all gung-ho about it on the OS when his manager has hinted that he is surplus to requirements if we can get some dosh for him.

A view that I share also. Nail on head. Feels like we have got the spirit back again even though I think we will have a fight on our hands both on and off the pitch.

My only concern would be that if we have a great start to the season, will we be able to resist the prem boys from sniffing around in January. That will be a test of Lowes credentials.

I'm sure that you will not find Mr Lowe lacking in credentials .......

...... He will sell off any and every player he can make money on

For those that do not believe that ....... just wait and see

I don't have any particular desire to be rid of them, so why would I suggest ways to offload them? If others have shown no interest in buying them, then that is very astute of them. No doubt they're waiting for us to become so desperate that we'll have to give them away. Your move, Rupert.

So if we do not off load them, what is your plan to reduce current losses, before trading of £17m?

We, including everyone on the plc board, Barclays and Norwich Union, await your financial strategy? What is so obvious that everyone can't see it?

I'm sure that you will not find Mr Lowe lacking in credentials .......

...... He will sell off any and every player he can make money on

For those that do not believe that ....... just wait and see

Hello? ...... McFly?!?!?

We are losing...... £17m a year!!!!!

....F......F......S

Hello? ...... McFly?!?!?

We are losing...... £17m a year!!!!!

....F......F......S

Call yourself an Accountant ? ...........Get it right .............. it's £17.3m a year ............ a Fiscal year ........... but we've saved Hundreds already ............. Which McFly do you mean ? ............ The Group ..............or Back to the Future ........... be more specific ............ F. F . S ................

One fit one ?
What a ridiculous statement. I dont see you calling for more this season, Killer has come back from inkury do we go and get another just in case, 2 of our keepers have had long layoffs and so we'd better get another 2.

When the squad was assembled last season the medical professionals assuered the club that Powell and CLaus would be fit, we also had Makin Bennett on Loan.4 players covering the same position.We then got Thomas when the injuries showed up to be worse and then of course Davies.

What a ridiculous statement. I dont see you calling for more this season, Killer has come back from inkury do we go and get another just in case, 2 of our keepers have had long layoffs and so we'd better get another 2.

When the squad was assembled last season the medical professionals assuered the club that Powell and CLaus would be fit, we also had Makin Bennett on Loan.4 players covering the same position.We then got Thomas when the injuries showed up to be worse and then of course Davies.

Burley systematically ignored our defence, often in favour of collecting midfielders, for 18 months. Almost the first thing Pearson had to do was bring in two CBs, and in so doing did more to strengthen our defence in 1 week than Burley did in his entire time.

Burley systematically ignored our defence, often in favour of collecting midfielders, for 18 months. Almost the first thing Pearson had to do was bring in two CBs, and in so doing did more to strengthen our defence in 1 week than Burley did in his entire time.
When you had an international centre half the experienced Makin , Powell and a loan from a PL side that is adequate. We had many players in and out.I havent got a list of players out in the first few months of his tenure but many were midfielders and so some had to be replaced.

NP did well with his 2 loan CB's and Webster in turn got the club to get RW through a lot of hard talking.

So if we do not off load them, what is your plan to reduce current losses, before trading of £17m?

We, including everyone on the plc board, Barclays and Norwich Union, await your financial strategy? What is so obvious that everyone can't see it?

Read what I said in reply to Slickmick. It isn't my problem. The situation is very clear, that we need to offload most of the players who are earning above a certain level. It is indeed very unfortunate that it apparently matters not a jot whether some of those players might add the extra bite to get us promoted, they have to go regardless.

Those players are on contracts that will continue to be binding unless they can be torn up by mutual consent or some other club comes in to buy them, or the club can prove some breach of contract such as gross misconduct. If those players do not want to go. or if nobody wants to buy them, then there is not a lot we can do, is there?

As such, the problem is Rupert's and the Quisling Wilde's. They are both employed by the club to think of solutions, so why would I want to do their job for them?

Our best hope if nobody buys them, is to get the best loan out deal we can, so at least they are off our wage bill. Otherwise, we might have to let them go for free, which would be a travesty considering what they cost us, but this is the direct result of the board's strategy of selling everything that isn't nailed down. Any expectations of getting a reasonable price for them is dependent on two or more clubs wanting to buy them. I don't see a queue forming, as the sensible buyers of any product that has to be sold wait until desperation is at breaking point before buying.

When you had an international centre half the experienced Makin , Powell and a loan from a PL side that is adequate. We had many players in and out.I havent got a list of players out in the first few months of his tenure but many were midfielders and so some had to be replaced.

NP did well with his 2 loan CB's and Webster in turn got the club to get RW through a lot of hard talking.

You must be joking.

The Central Defence was rubbish.

Makin was a fullback

That didn't pass me by either. Bit of a shame Davis being all gung-ho about it on the OS when his manager has hinted that he is surplus to requirements if we can get some dosh for him.

far from said surplus to requirements! Said high earners / good offers etc

Read what I said in reply to Slickmick. It isn't my problem. The situation is very clear, that we need to offload most of the players who are earning above a certain level. It is indeed very unfortunate that it apparently matters not a jot whether some of those players might add the extra bite to get us promoted, they have to go regardless.

Those players are on contracts that will continue to be binding unless they can be torn up by mutual consent or some other club comes in to buy them, or the club can prove some breach of contract such as gross misconduct. If those players do not want to go. or if nobody wants to buy them, then there is not a lot we can do, is there?

As such, the problem is Rupert's and the Quisling Wilde's. They are both employed by the club to think of solutions, so why would I want to do their job for them?

Our best hope if nobody buys them, is to get the best loan out deal we can, so at least they are off our wage bill. Otherwise, we might have to let them go for free, which would be a travesty considering what they cost us, but this is the direct result of the board's strategy of selling everything that isn't nailed down. Any expectations of getting a reasonable price for them is dependent on two or more clubs wanting to buy them. I don't see a queue forming, as the sensible buyers of any product that has to be sold wait until desperation is at breaking point before buying.

One issue I have with this clear out is "the old regime".

The finances didn't melt down overnight, and back in January, did we really make enough effort to get a GOOD price for one of the "higher paid" stars. Would 7 months savings of salary have made it easier to decide who we want to keep rather than having to get any money we can from anyone?

It bugged me at the time and the GR to Bolton & RS to Hertha loans were a little bit last minute, did we try early enough?

You must be joking.

The Central Defence was rubbish.

Makin was a fullback

The arguement is not about the standard but numbers.We all have our own idea about who is good and who is bad.Many thought that little fat lad from Liverpool was the bees knees but I didnt. Its all opinion. I agree Makin was mainly a full back but so was Baird.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd rather we didn't sell Davis as Bialkowski doesn't fill me with confidence and Forecast is totally untried at this level.

However, if selling Davis meant we were in a position to keep Surman then I think that would soften the blow somewhat.