Lowe/Wilde Supporters

Huffton

It's not the cut backs I worry about - they were inevitable I suppose. It is the poor decision making since.

1. Replacing a manager who had an escape route under way.

2. Replacing him with a totally inexperienced coach at this level.

3. Over egging the competence of young players clearly not up to the level required at Championship survival level.

4. Poor assessment of playing need - a strong defence is the first priority.

5. Questionable loan signings.

6. Over emphasis on the role Michael Svensson could play.

7. Poor judgement on the impact the remaining higher earners would have on attendances and results.

Basically, Mr Lowe has not learned from his previous mistakes. Poor decision making and leadership started this rot and now the process continues. It's not good enough just to have a strategy. It needs to be followed up by effective decisions to make the most of the resources available and needs created. Quite clearly, we are relying on the strategy and not making the right decisions to make the most of this opprtunity. Decisions since the start of the season have been poor and have made the opportunity created fail thus far.

For this reason, I believe we require Messrs Lowe and Wilde to resign, not because their vision was necesaarily bad, but that their implementation of that vision has been flawed, ineffective and unsucessful. They are failing to deliver what they set out to achieve.

Exactly! As I've said many times, we are where we are primarily because of shockingly bad footballing decisions taken by Lowe and the clearly-out-of-his-depth JP.

Yep.

We might not have got promoted this season, but we would not have been relegated.

An experienced manager, and a chairman who not only cares about the club, but has had business success that Lowe and Wilde can only dream of. Could not have asked for more.

I really wonder how we would be doing this season had Crouch stayed after all the board room upheaval, from the beginning of the year, and Pearson had had a summer to build and prepare his own team...

Blimey we have been relegated already? Mystic Alpine strikes again. And the lottery numbers for next week will be???

Yep.

We might not have got promoted this season, but we would not have been relegated.

An experienced manager, and a chairman who not only cares about the club, but has had business success that Lowe and Wilde can only dream of. Could not have asked for more.

I really wonder how we would be doing this season had Crouch stayed after all the board room upheaval, from the beginning of the year, and Pearson had had a summer to build and prepare his own team...

It would obviously have been far better. By the way, can you tell me the lottery numbers next week?

Blimey we have been relegated already? Mystic Alpine strikes again. And the lottery numbers for next week will be???

:rolleyes:

I think Alpine is allowed to surmise a league finish under a theoretical Pearson regime without getting pilloried. I think those kind of opinions are allowed.

I happen to think he's right, and he's right to fear relegation this season too. Again, a perfectly acceptable opinion which doesn't need sneering from you two.

We are a bloody shambles, after all. Something many, many of us predicted on the day Lowe stupidly appointed these Dutch nonentities.

Everyone is out of their depth. The players are, nice, poor old Jan definitely is, Lowe got in way over his head with his fu ckwitted "revolutionary coaching structure" and his dopey self belief that he knows better than forty years of incredibly successful British club football.

We're potless, but we could have afforded an experienced manager, or some experienced players. In fact, we could have afforded both. The nonsense we have now on the back of a fundemental lie of "we couldn't afford anything else" is an utter disgrace.

Someone please rid us of this idiot and his gutless, lying, opportunist bull****ter lackey Wilde.

Out, out, out.

It would be a pretty boring forum if we're not allowed to speculate.

We wouldn't be as bad under Pearson-Not allowed to have that view, as we have no proof.

Jan is out of his depth-Not allowed to have that view because he's cheap.

Lowe is messing up this Club-Not allowed to have that view, unless providing the name of a billionaire to take over.

Wake up and smell the coffee, we are going down under a structure devised and promoted by Rupert Lowe and allowed to happen by Michael Wilde. How far do we have to fall before people will start to acknowledge that. If we're bottom of League 1 next season, will people still be praising Lowe and blaming Crouch?

you are deluded if you think the last change (that I supported) was for the best

Well yes it was, we resembled a football club and it almost delivered a return to the premiership. It all went a bit wonky when the executives were in charge but stabilised under Crouch and I would have preferred Crouch/Person to Lowe/Lowe.

Its funny that you guys have been arguing the case for Lowe and his marvellous strategy all the way until now; realising that backing the flawed Lowe roadmap is hopeless its back to the last defence from the bottom of the barrel 'name an alternative'. We had this as well last time, right at the very end when Lowe could no longer be defended. Well this time there is an alternative in waiting, Crouch.

Surely those shareholders who believed the hype from Lowe and Wilde can see what a shambles we are in and change sides again and deliver us from this mess.

I think Alpine is allowed to surmise a league finish under a theoretical Pearson regime without getting pilloried. I think those kind of opinions are allowed.

I happen to think he's right, and he's right to fear relegation this season too. Again, a perfectly acceptable opinion which doesn't need sneering from you two.

We are a bloody shambles, after all. Something many, many of us predicted on the day Lowe stupidly appointed these Dutch nonentities.

Everyone is out of their depth. The players are, nice, poor old Jan definitely is, Lowe got in way over his head with his fu ckwitted "revolutionary coaching structure" and his dopey self belief that he knows better than forty years of incredibly successful British club football.

We're potless, but we could have afforded an experienced manager, or some experienced players. In fact, we could have afforded both. The nonsense we have now on the back of a fundemental lie of "we couldn't afford anything else" is an utter disgrace.

Someone please rid us of this idiot and his gutless, lying, opportunist bull****ter lackey Wilde.

Out, out, out.

As succinct and accurate a summary of my thoughts as I could have wished for someone else to have written!

Cheers!

its Wilde who would need to change his view - again.

Of course its disgusting how low we are and how far we have fallen but the season is far from over both league table and current form have us just above the relegation places -think 4 points clear from memory - not defending our position at all but its not time to yet to give up hope and look at div 1.

Out, out, out.

its easy to get rid of staff but they are in effect owners -unless someone wants to buy and can afford to -and invest -we have them

its easy to get rid of staff but they are in effect owners -unless someone wants to buy and can afford to -and invest -we have them

Who is the "they" that are "in fact owners"????

Certainly not Lowe with just over 5%.

And even Wilde as the largest single shareholder only has 16%.

They had support back in the summer, so what does that support think now????

What is Wilde thinking now (particularly with these stories circulating about how Lowe is deeply involved in the footballing side)?????

Wilde said the Coventry capitualtion was out of character in the matchday progamme, so what about yesterdays performance and result???

The hall of shame (ignoring Crouch who's a true Saints fan):

Shareholders who hold more than 3% Holding

> Michael Wilde 4,622,470 16.46%

> Leon Adrian Crouch 2,794,230 9.95%

> Rupert Lowe 1,577,969 5.62%

> R M Withers 1,125,000 4.00%

> Guy Askham 1,120,000 3.99%

> Cheviot Asset Management 939,430 3.34%

> Michael Richards 873,000 3.11%

> Charles Stanley & Co Ltd 863,185 3.07%

Lowe only owns 5.62% shareholding. He's an opportunist who is backed by cowards who hide in the background, remain silent and contribute nothing to SFC. Anyone notice Askham in the directors box on Saturday? It's all take take take.

Its funny that you guys have been arguing the case for Lowe and his marvellous strategy all the way until now; realising that backing the flawed Lowe roadmap is hopeless its back to the last defence from the bottom of the barrel 'name an alternative'. We had this as well last time, right at the very end when Lowe could no longer be defended. Well this time there is an alternative in waiting, Crouch.

And what, pray tell will Crouch do differently? Sack JP and get in a new manager (with what money?), buy new players (even though the transfer window is shut) or magically get our inexperienced players to defend corners.

The alternative argument is a good one, but only because we've been there before and jumped on the first horse that came along (and that took us to the brink of administration).

I must say though that it is a pity if the experiment fails. We've played some great football this year, often without the rewards. Naive defending and a smidgen of bad luck will derail what could be a great team.

Edited by Alain Perrin

And what, pray tell will Crouch do differently? Sack JP and get in a new manager (with what money?), buy new players (even though the transfer window is shut) or magically get our inexperienced players to defend corners.

The alternative argument is a good one, but only because we've been there before and jumped on the first horse that came along (and that took us to the brink of administration).

I agree Crouch could not sort out this mess which Lowe and Wilde have made worse. Only a takeover can now save SFC from financial ruin. If Lowe, Wilde, Askham, Withers, Richards & co really care about this club then they should sell their shares at a significant loss. It's their last chance to show the city and fans that they really do care!

It doesn't need anyone to buy us, just for the majority shareholders to pull their support of Lowe and Wilde.

..and then what? IMO the potless Fulthorpe consortium or the return of the No 1 fan and his sidekick McEnemy. Both alternatives IMO would see us slide quicker into administration as they tried to adopt expensive and perceived fan friendly policies that would see us into administration quicker than you can say 'David McGoldrick's contract was this club's first unforced mistake this season'.

Reading this forum as usual those supportive of what the current regime are doing are faced with a load of frustrated abuse in the event of being able to form any alternative coherent and viable argument. In fact very little from the anti-Lowe camp raises itself above beer talk and in the sobering light of day they would probably agree the current set up and its extremely limited resources is as good as its going to get.

The majority seem to be blaming Lowe for poor performances which means they choose to stay away rather than show their solidarity and support for the team. Of course with such a young team there will be ups and downs and no one should have aspirations beyond survival and laying foundations for the future on young players rather than aged journeyman. However, we have a catch 22, the fans need to come back to help rally the team but through their ignorant actions the performances can only get worse as the likes of Lallana and Surman will surely be sold to balance the books and appease the bankers who show as much reluctance to lend at the moment as DMG shows of scoring when only a keeper to beat.

Its laughable Lowe is accused of selecting the team or dictating how training is managed. I would like to see how this accusation could be supported in a court of law and I suspect many are confusing his probable involvement with the financial and legal management of Human Resources and the decisions around funding of and reveunue generation from the playing staff. I doubt these decisions are made without close involvement from JVP and Wotte but of course that view point does feed the fantasy that Lowe dons a tracksuit and shows DMG how to score although judging by his performance yesterday I can see where this malicious rumour could come from.

Lowe is not popular and that's appreciated but its that quality (perceived arrogance) that bizarrely is what this club needs at the moment to keep the wolves at bay. Lowe will do what is right and not what he thinks will make the fans happy as IMO Crouch has already proved that policy is suicidal.

Failing that Ipswich and Charlton have much to complain about and Doncaster and Forest look set for a quick return to league 1 and I'd fancy our chances over Norwich and Barnsley provided all our fans decide to support the club or cease their self destructive negativity. At the moment you seem to be intent on being masters of you own demise. Bit silly, thought you may have learned your lesson the first time around because that is why we are in the mess today. Its time for the protesters to right their wrongs and not Lowe.

I must say though that it is a pity if the experiment fails. We've played some great football this year, often without the rewards. Naive defending and a smidgen of bad luck will derail what could be a great team.

Stop Lowe and Wilde acting without precedent and taking us further down this road to destruction.

Yes get in a new manager is a good idea, now you are thinking and new players would be good too and coach the kids some basics as well, f**k me you're on a roll. The only way to reverse this disaster is to get a manager in who knows our league on a short term contract, raise some funds, get some old heads in the Jan window and blend a team together. Its not so difficult.

It’s the same old speech Sundance, bad anti Lowe fans if only they could see what Lowe is doing we would all be grateful blah blah blah blah blah blah.

There isn’t one single situation on this planet where there isn’t an alternative, yet the situation at Southampton is so unique so special that there is only one course of action. Ok then what’s next, what the plan next season and the season after. What happens next under Lowes blueprint, continual survival, relegation until we reach ‘our level’, revival, champion’s league in five years, world cup winners, what please enlighten me?

It's the likes of Sunny Breast with their continued berating of the fans for not supporting the great saviour that are compounding the problem. As I've said many times, it is Lowe that is the problem simply because he is so bloody divisive.

At the start of the season I was willing to get behind this young team even though I had many, many doubts about what might lay ahead. I hated the idea that Lowe had stolen his way back into control but was prepared to try the optimistic route. Sadly I was deluded. In truth I knew I was living in dreamland but lived in hope that I was wrong. Now there are the same old stories emerging about Lowe and his control-freak tendencies.

Now we have deja vu all over again. The Lowe-luvvies coming up with the argument that we have heard before. "Who would be better?". Truth is we had it. We were rescued from the Lowe legacy at the end of last season, just! Crouch and his appointment Pearson, I believe, would have taken us forward steadily with a mixture of experience and youth. Instead we have the divisive nutcase in charge again and we're going nowhere while the fans are at each other's throats.

If Lowe stays SFC will die.

I agree Crouch could not sort out this mess which Lowe and Wilde have made worse. Only a takeover can now save SFC from financial ruin. If Lowe, Wilde, Askham, Withers, Richards & co really care about this club then they should sell their shares at a significant loss. It's their last chance to show the city and fans that they really do care!

Is this the same Crouch that sided with the 'Wilde bunch' to depose of Lowe, you know the bunch that put us in this mess by their massive spending spree, something Lowe would not have sanctioned? Lowe and Wilde are now trying to better the worse that Crouch and Wilde made. It's a circus merrygoround. I agree a takeover is needed and all three need to sell their shares along with the rest you mention but don't blame one but all three for our situation we are in.

Stop Lowe and Wilde acting without precedent and taking us further down this road to destruction.

Yes get in a new manager is a good idea, now you are thinking and new players would be good too and coach the kids some basics as well, f**k me you're on a roll. The only way to reverse this disaster is to get a manager in who knows our league on a short term contract, raise some funds, get some old heads in the Jan window and blend a team together. Its not so difficult.

From where ???

Personally I want the lot gone including Crouch and Corbett but we all know it ain't gonna happen any time soon.

It's the likes of Sunny Breast with their continued berating of the fans for not supporting the great saviour that are compounding the problem. As I've said many times, it is Lowe that is the problem simply because he is so bloody divisive.

At the start of the season I was willing to get behind this young team even though I had many, many doubts about what might lay ahead. I hated the idea that Lowe had stolen his way back into control but was prepared to try the optimistic route. Sadly I was deluded. In truth I knew I was living in dreamland but lived in hope that I was wrong. Now there are the same old stories emerging about Lowe and his control-freak tendencies.

Now we have deja vu all over again. The Lowe-luvvies coming up with the argument that we have heard before. "Who would be better?". Truth is we had it. We were rescued from the Lowe legacy at the end of last season, just! Crouch and his appointment Pearson, I believe, would have taken us forward steadily with a mixture of experience and youth. Instead we have the divisive nutcase in charge again and we're going nowhere while the fans are at each other's throats.

If we did not win that game at the end of the season we would be in league one now, not Lowe's legacy but Crouch and Wilde's, they took over the club that got us to championship playoffs to relegation candidates.

From where ???

Personally I want the lot gone including Crouch and Corbett but we all know it ain't gonna happen any time soon.

From where you normally raise funds; sell a player, extend the overdraft, internally funded. We are not in administration yet we can still act like a proper football club.

From where you normally raise funds; sell a player, extend the overdraft, internally funded. We are not in administration yet we can still act like a proper football club.

Unfortunately the only way to raise funds is to sell a player or two which IMO would be a setback.

The overdraft won't be extended especially given the economic climate and as for raise funds internally don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen.

We can't sell a player until January, we have probably exceeded our overdraft by several millions and no-one internally has money to pump into the club. Agreed we are not in administration yet and the bank may have extended our deadline until the end of the season so we can still act like a football club without championship footballers.

It’s the same old speech Sundance, bad anti Lowe fans if only they could see what Lowe is doing we would all be grateful blah blah blah blah blah blah.

There isn’t one single situation on this planet where there isn’t an alternative, yet the situation at Southampton is so unique so special that there is only one course of action. Ok then what’s next, what the plan next season and the season after. What happens next under Lowes blueprint, continual survival, relegation until we reach ‘our level’, revival, champion’s league in five years, world cup winners, what please enlighten me?

Did I say there wasn't an alternative? There are, of which one is the only seemingly viable one at the moment at that's the return of, IMO, the club's nemesis and No1 fan Crouch, provided Lowe get's your desired vote of no confidence. Then we have the elusive 'consortium' who presumably are having problems leveraging up the funds to support their bid. I suspect they need more than a 10% deposit assuming they are first time buyers!

The blue print at the moment IMO is simply to survive and consolidate our position in the CCC which given the disaster of the past two seasons we are arguably punching above our weight. No point having a 5 year business plan when our diminishing support seems barely worthy of a 5 month plan. Of course the major objective beyond everything else is to avoid administration. That is the one objective fans can have a direct and positive influence over so forgive me if I sound a little repetitive when I lay a large percentage of the blame at our stay away anti-Lowe fans.

You want success, show your support -stay away and league 1 consolidation will not be a realistic objective. Time to stop pedalling your poison and negativity and support the cause. Saints will only die if the fans let it irrespective of Rupert Lowe's involvement.

The harsh reality is that only an investor with enough spare cash (c£50m) who is willing to buy the club at an agreeable price to the shareholders will produce results quicker than the foundation Lowe is trying to lay. Worse case scenario we go into administration and some buffoon picks us up on the cheap and we can on into administration again after another failed season. That would be hello League 2, see you soon conference. Otherwise known as doing a Luton.

we had had a play off season since lowe left then went into relegation zone whilst NP and LC were at the helm - think that one is stretching the blame lowe for everything a bit!

You forget to mention an increase in gate revenues as a result of those fans staying away purely because Lowe is in charge or the fact we have not won our first 11 games.

As Sarnia said even Northern Rock in their pomp would not extend the clubs debt facility at the moment. That from a bank who would have cashed a bus ticket if you had presented it. Of course a returning and healthy gate may help persuade our bankers that we can generate an operating profit. Doh!

As for selling players we have two options, Surman and Lallana and we will need every penny from them to just buy a replacement not to mention the proceeds will need to be used to offset losses at the gate. Doh! We could give away Skacel and Euell but they are unlikely to leave given their salaries would service the debt of a medium sized country. Who authorised those salaries? Lowe? Do they amount to about £30k a week? Nice work if you can get it or have a company fool enough to pay it.

Stay away fans not the problem? Yeah Right...

Unfortunately the only way to raise funds is to sell a player or two which IMO would be a setback.

What sort of setback, are Surman and Lallana winning games for us?

Not at Coventry and certainly not last Saturday.

In my opinion we could sell anyone in our squad and it wouldn't make any difference of a Saturday (or Sunday).

Can the lowe luvvies answer one simple question.

Would they continue the nonsense of paying the likes of John and Skacel to sit on their backsides doing nothing or would they play them in a team which is so clearly crying out for their experience??

... and if they would play them can they please ask their hero to pick them in the team.

losing Lallana would be huge disappointment for me, he is going to be a very good player - already is a good player, with an inform striker (another debate) he would ne making a hatful of goals.

Him, Holmes and Schneiderlin were starting to look a good midfield

Can the lowe luvvies answer one simple question.

Would they continue the nonsense of paying the likes of John and Skacel to sit on their backsides doing nothing or would they play them in a team which is so clearly crying out for their experience??

... and if they would play them can they please ask their hero to pick them in the team.

I would pick John ahead of DMg at the moment.

Skacel - I don't know the situation, if he is sulking and unreliable no, but if he is going to play to his potential yes I would play him.

losing Lallana would be huge disappointment for me, he is going to be a very good player - already is a good player, with an inform striker (another debate) he would ne making a hatful of goals.

Trouble is they are young players who lack consistency and stamina;

I made no bones about it at the time, as far as I'm concerned we should have taken the offers from reading and Fulham and got £5 million in there and then

and got 2 really experienced,CCC quality defenders. I've seen too many wonder kids at SFC to fall for the old chestnut that they're going to be here for ever and make us great.Moran,Williams,Wallaces,Shearer, yes, Lallana and Surman?

give me the money any day.

Well you had better resign yourself to the inevitable happening then.

Some costs may have been cut, but we are still running at a loss and racking up debt. Player sales were always going to happen (just as they have done since we came down) and I reckon we still need a few million brought in in January to keep us going.

Of course there are many players who could command a fee, but I don't really see anyone outside of Surman and Lallana who could land us the few million we need to survive.

Trouble is they are young players who lack consistency and stamina;

I made no bones about it at the time, as far as I'm concerned we should have taken the offers from reading and Fulham and got £5 million in there and then

and got 2 really experienced,CCC quality defenders. I've seen too many wonder kids at SFC to fall for the old chestnut that they're going to be here for ever and make us great.Moran,Williams,Wallaces,Shearer, yes, Lallana and Surman?

give me the money any day.

exactly right, people forget that youngsters in the past fought their way into established sides they had to be good enough.

These lads are picked because of an experiment based on one mans ego, he had a choice but rupert knows best.

Well you had better resign yourself to the inevitable happening then.

Some costs may have been cut, but we are still running at a loss and racking up debt. Player sales were always going to happen (just as they have done since we came down) and I reckon we still need a few million brought in in January to keep us going.

Of course there are many players who could command a fee, but I don't really see anyone outside of Surman and Lallana who could land us the few million we need to survive.

trouble is we don't know the true financial picture, think it is clear we are broke and don't have money to spend -but how much we need to raise who knows. Local radio at the weekend said we were just short of a break even crowd.

How can anyone defend Lowe and his shocking record of appointments. As the Chairman his single biggest task to get right is the appointment of the team manager/coach. Lowe manages to get this wrong 8 times out of every 10. That is the record of a failed Chairman. He replaces Pearson a manager who kept us up against the odds, with an untried foreigner as an experiment! How dumb is that? Pearson is doing very well at another club, meanwhile we are back in a relegation fight.

Lowe may well drag us down into another relegation and administration. We will lose a club, he and the fools who back him will lose all their shares.

Lowe is not popular and that's appreciated but its that quality (perceived arrogance) that bizarrely is what this club needs at the moment to keep the wolves at bay. Lowe will do what is right and not what he thinks will make the fans happy as IMO Crouch has already proved that policy is suicidal.

Let's just take this little in isolation and let's see if anybody can spot where the contradiction has crept in against the background of other assertions by Somedunce that it is all the fans' fault for not attending.

Let's summarise it; unpopular chairman, arrogant, won't do what the fans want.

Bearing in mind that without other revenue streams that we used to have before Lowe got us relegated, that attendances are the single most important source of income, it isn't exactly an encouragement for people to attend when added to the lack of results on the pitch, is it?

And people can rant and rave as much as they like about the people who stay away for whatever reason, but ultimately it is their choice. Any business that alienates its customers soon ceases to be a business; that is a basic fact.

And by the by; what evidence do you have to support your statement that Lowe will do what is right? I might accept that he will do what he thinks is right, but that isn't quite the same thing, is it? I'm sure that Crouch did what he thought was right, so are we to have one rule for him and another for Crouch?

Let's just take this little in isolation and let's see if anybody can spot where the contradiction has crept in against the background of other assertions by Somedunce that it is all the fans' fault for not attending.

Let's summarise it; unpopular chairman, arrogant, won't do what the fans want.

Bearing in mind that without other revenue streams that we used to have before Lowe got us relegated, that attendances are the single most important source of income, it isn't exactly an encouragement for people to attend when added to the lack of results on the pitch, is it?

And people can rant and rave as much as they like about the people who stay away for whatever reason, but ultimately it is their choice. Any business that alienates its customers soon ceases to be a business; that is a basic fact.

And by the by; what evidence do you have to support your statement that Lowe will do what is right? I might accept that he will do what he thinks is right, but that isn't quite the same thing, is it? I'm sure that Crouch did what he thought was right, so are we to have one rule for him and another for Crouch?

Spot on

You forget to mention an increase in gate

Stay away fans not the problem? Yeah Right...

Thing that you seem unable to realise is that the fans that are not coming do not come because of the situation we are in, which has been created by the leaders (Lowe and Wlide) and IS NOT and WILL not be addressed any time soon.

People like you and Nick seem to think people should throw their money away and come to the games regardless of who plays and how we play and what is happening behind the scenes.. GET REAL !

I am a season ticket holder and have been proud to hold one for years, but even I have considered handing it back and saying no thanks.

Ruperts scheme of Selling any player of value, relying on 9 youngsters plus Davis and AN Other, and closing the more popular areas of the ground are a SELF SUSTAINING ANCHOR pulling us down.

Sell your more valuable players and close corners = worse performances and fewer fans = Lower revenue as less fans come = more cost cutting = less fans

The thing they should be doing is: Shore up the defence with better players and get results then fans will come back therefore higher revenue.

STOP BLAMING THE FANS, ITS THE BOARDS OWN FAULT FANS DO NOT COME !

Why do we have to have this every week?

A baying mob comes on here and screams Lowe out, a couple of clearer thinkers point out that we need a viable alternative first, and perhaps we would be more attractive to potential investors if attendances were better. Then the more rabid anti-Lowes accuse anyone who doesn't agree with them of having their heads stuck up Lowe's arse and it degenerates into a slagging match.

Lowe out - but not until there is a better alternative (and no Crouch was no better)

A baying mob comes on here and screams Lowe out, a couple of clearer thinkers point out that we need a viable alternative first, and perhaps we would be more attractive to potential investors if attendances were better. Then the more rabid anti-Lowes accuse anyone who doesn't agree with them of having their heads stuck up Lowe's arse and it degenerates into a slagging match.

Lowe out - but not until there is a better alternative (and no Crouch was no better)

careful it seems you have a brain and logic behind what you say, but you have to remember they are a bit slow so it may take a few years to sink in:D

trouble is we don't know the true financial picture, think it is clear we are broke and don't have money to spend -but how much we need to raise who knows. Local radio at the weekend said we were just short of a break even crowd.

Even then, if they personally don't start doing something in the next 5 games they'll not be worth as much as they were in the summer. Should have taken anything near to £5 million for the pair. Memories are short in football; just takes a Greek or Egyptian wonder kid and the swans that were available to

us for those 2 in August will vaporise as far as we're concerned.Getting a total

of nearly £8 million for Bale was sharp business, very very sharp. Spurs wouldn't get that for him today.

Have to agree with you on this, a pity others who bay for Lowe's blood cannot come up with a better alternative in the circumstances.

Have to agree with you on this, a pity others who bay for Lowe's blood cannot come up with a better alternative in the circumstances.

We need for those annual accounts to be got out into the public domain and fast.

Then you will see the exact level of mismanagement last season.

First by "the execs" and then by Crouch and his cronies;

A club in turmoil, going down faster than the Titanic, a team of kids who generally look like rabbits stuck in the headlights, yet another managerial experiment going totally tits up, crowds that wouldn't even fill The Dell (RIP) and administration/relegation looming at the speed of an express train.

How do you defend these people.

Would love to read 'SaintMarc's comments. been very quiet lately:mad:

What I find crazy is that all this has happened, yet I still feel we are in a better position than last year...