Lowe/Wilde Supporters

Huffton

Why do we have to have this every week?

A baying mob comes on here and screams Lowe out, a couple of clearer thinkers point out that we need a viable alternative first, and perhaps we would be more attractive to potential investors if attendances were better. Then the more rabid anti-Lowes accuse anyone who doesn't agree with them of having their heads stuck up Lowe's arse and it degenerates into a slagging match.

Lowe out - but not until there is a better alternative (and no Crouch was no better)

Surely it is inevitable that with every reverse we suffer, there will be voices calling for Lowe and Wilde to go, especially bearing in mind their past contributions to our current predicament. So do you really have to ask why we have to have this every week? Is it really that surprising?

I am amused by the mental picture conjured up of a baying mob on the internet. I wonder whether the picture that you might conjure up coincides with mine? I see a bloodthirsty crowd reminiscent of the French Revolution circa 1789, armed with pitch forks and sticks, charging through the streets in search of the aristos, throwing them in the Bastille to await Le Guillotine. What picture does anybody else conjure up? ;)

And isn't it inevitable that there are clearer thinkers who realise how stupid it is to want the current incumbents gone from the club without having a viable alternative in mind? So pleasing to know that there are these more sensible people in our fanbase, but disappointing that they only exist because they follow one viewpoint, that a viable alternative has to be present before anybody can express a valid opinion on the current failures ruining the club.

Several sensible people have answered this question of what alternatives there were/are to this regime, but seemingly their comments have gone largely unnoticed if they don't happen to coincide with the opinions of those who believe that there is no alternative to the current situation.

Of course we would be more attractive to investors if we had larger attendances, thus lower debt levels, but whose fault is it that the attendances are lower? People wil only come if they think that they can afford it, that it is good entertainment and good value. If they decline to come if they are dissatisfied with any of those reasons, then whose fault is that? The fans or the board?

And if Crouch was no better than the current dismal duo, then why change from him unless the alternative was an improvement? It's beginning to look as if his appointment of NP was a lot more promising than the appointment of JP.

Thing that you seem unable to realise is that the fans that are not coming do not come because of the situation we are in, which has been created by the leaders (Lowe and Wlide) and IS NOT and WILL not be addressed any time soon.

People like you and Nick seem to think people should throw their money away and come to the games regardless of who plays and how we play and what is happening behind the scenes.. GET REAL !

I am a season ticket holder and have been proud to hold one for years, but even I have considered handing it back and saying no thanks.

Ruperts scheme of Selling any player of value, relying on 9 youngsters plus Davis and AN Other, and closing the more popular areas of the ground are a SELF SUSTAINING ANCHOR pulling us down.

Sell your more valuable players and close corners = worse performances and fewer fans = Lower revenue as less fans come = more cost cutting = less fans

The thing they should be doing is: Shore up the defence with better players and get results then fans will come back therefore higher revenue.

STOP BLAMING THE FANS, ITS THE BOARDS OWN FAULT FANS DO NOT COME !

Not sure why you might believe I would disagree with that -most I agree with totally.

Only thing I would add is that I do not know the finances so don't know what pressure various wages cause.

How much is Lowe paying himself £5000wk ?

Not a chance. I wold expect the going rate is about £150,000 per year for a COE in the Championship. It is said he only works 2 days a week for Saints officially as that is all the club can afford so about £60,000 per year is my guess. Bet I am not far out.

I could see Administration coming much quicker with Mr Crouch.

I can see relegation coming much quicker with Mr Lowe & Mr Wilde.

Mind you I hear LC is still prepared to put substantial money in to stave of admin - not sure the other two have made that offer, yet

I really wonder how we would be doing this season had Crouch stayed after all the board room upheaval, from the beginning of the year, and Pearson had had a summer to build and prepare his own team...

Would be in a far better position that we are atm. It's a bull**** excuse that it came down to money as well, even if he was on a big wage we should have kept him on and gone without Schneiderlin or one of the other transfers we bought in.

Obviously It was more to do with Lowe wanting his own men in and probably didn't have much to do with the financial side of things.

We wouldn't be playing the exciting football we're playing at the moment but we would be organised, hard to beat and playing to our strengths which we don't seem to be doing at all at the moment.

Guest Hacienda
I was going to ask about him. Has he actually made any comments since he was rumbled?

Andrew hasn't made a squeak since being unveiled.

Are you seriously trying to tell me that buffoon Scooby is really Andrew Cowan??? Don't make me laugh.;-)

Sorry to disappoint you all but no professional football club administrator would ever risk that. Calling Crouch an 'insect' could lead to serious serious trouble for them if it ever got out.Sorry lads,think what you like, have your fun but Scooby isn't Andrew Cowan, if he is he would have been forced to resign by now.

Is Scooby really Andrew?

If so im not sure if his posts are tongue in cheek or if he actually believes his rantings

Edit:

Just seen the post above so not really bothered about an answer to my question now. Thought it would have been madness if the andrew was of the cowen variaty.

I still think that Crouch would have been a better option than Lowe and Wilde alliance. At the very least we would not be playing with a team of youths who will probably never make it. We would have some seasoned Pros .

Crouch would have been under the same financial constraints as Lowe/Wilde are currently under.

So is the merry Andrew anyone of note?? or just some geezer who happens to be called Andrew?

Andrew "Flickerhouse.com " is a "top" filmmaker based in the USA. His next film will be a remake of the Peter Sellers film "Being There" in which a simpleton becomes President of America. He is setting it at a football club in southampton and Rupes will be playing the Peter Sellers role.

Guest Hacienda
So is the merry Andrew anyone of note?? or just some geezer who happens to be called Andrew?

Andrew is a top US based film maker I'll have you know.

didn't come up with it last time he talked about it in echo

Didn't come up with Paul Allen either, talked about that in the Echo as well.

In fact the execs told him not to talk to the Echo any more

For those who have short memories here is a little anonymous bijou from the Ugly

http://www.clubfanzine.com/southampton/v2.showNews.php?id=8592

Edited by Window Cleaner

Didn't come up with Paul Allen either, talked about that in the Echo as well.

In fact the execs told him not to talk to the Echo any more

those with ego's bigger than there wallets just cant resist though. Lowe has been the prime example of that in the past and it amazes me that he has kept himself out of the press since he has been back.

Still dont see how wishing for something better to come along equates to being a lowe/wilde supporter but i guess ill just put my head back up mr lowe's arse with the rest of the sensible people on here.

those with ego's bigger than there wallets just cant resist though. Lowe has been the prime example of that in the past and it amazes me that he has kept himself out of the press since he has been back.

Still dont see how wishing for something better to come along equates to being a lowe/wilde supporter but i guess ill just put my head back up mr lowe's arse with the rest of the sensible people on here.

'Tis true, I'm in it for damage limitation, nothing more nothing less.

And for that a L+W in the hand is worth 15 Crouches in the bush.

My main beef with the Saints of late is the non-performing,overpaid prima donnas, whilst they're being kicked out, farmed out or invalided out I can

take the rough that goes with the smooth. However missed penalties(especially when we can't score) do tend to get on my wick, so none of that eh lads.

Probably the same automatic post response from a poster you don't like.

As for the bold type it's pretty obvious you read your own posts too frequently to come up with this statement.

Can you please post evidence where you claim I am a Lowe luvvie, if you cannot find any evidence I would appreciate you keeping your turgid comments to yourself.

you are a lowe luvvie and talk such crap why should any one care what you do or say , get back up rupes arse

My main beef with the Saints of late is the non-performing,overpaid prima donnas, whilst they're being kicked out, farmed out or invalided out I can

take the rough that goes with the smooth. However missed penalties(especially when we can't score) do tend to get on my wick, so none of that eh lads.

Ah but there is far more rough than smooth, and so there will be while we are playing the youths that we have. The quality of the youth is the problem as Arsenal showed when their youth set up recently beat Sheff Utd 6--0

Ah but there is far more rough than smooth, and so there will be while we are playing the youths that we have. The quality of the youth is the problem as Arsenal showed when their youth set up recently beat Sheff Utd 6--0

Come on Snowballs, you should know by now that where Saints are concerned fleeting periods of smooth are interspersed with exceptionally long periods of rough.:cool:

Edited by Window Cleaner

Jan has been going on about taking the chances we get for a few weeks now. As Lazy as John can be he does have a better record of taking his chances.

Blimey, for months sensible debate has constantly drifted into slanging atches about who is in charge yet this thread started off looking for a slanging match and now we are talking football!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone actually support Wilde and Lowe, or is it that some just support the club regardless of who's in charge? Aside of our regular fishermen, who actually would stop going if someone else took over?

Excluding misfits, madmen, trolls and toffs?

the problem is we havnt got Arsenals youth team and never will have so cant really compare us with them.

Of all the possible options we have, the current situation includes trying to keep a few better players. It would be nice if we didnt defend like a girl guides team but i still think we are better off than we would be if the administrators moved in.

Does anyone actually support Wilde and Lowe, or is it that some just support the club regardless of who's in charge? Aside of our regular fishermen, who actually would stop going if someone else took over?

shhh dont talk like that or you too will find yourself with your head up Lowes Arse.