Saints V Walsall Post match chat PROMOTION .

SOTONS EAST SIDE

Attendance today 31,653.

9 teams in the premier league this season have not had a home attendance as large as that and only Leeds and Derby in the Championship have had a higher home attendance.

Never thought I'd cry. Call me plastic if you want as I only saw 10 Saints games or so over the last 30 years, but believe me I'm hooked on this football club and I'm proud to wear the shirt. COYR!

Edited by Belgiansaint

31653 , thats an awesome crowd , how close was that to our premiership days.

What has be so pleasing for me this season is the bonding between all the players and staff with the exception of puncheon. Very few teams have that level of comardrie in a whole squad, not even Moan united

We do not have any prima donnas, thats what wins football games on a regular basis

Superb- bit of an emotional wreck- but hey- I don't care. Simply unbelievable.

How good will it feel when we're talking like this in 12 months time!!!

Edit- I don't think whatever happens it could feel better than this!!!

31653 , thats an awesome crowd , how close was that to our premiership days.

What has be so pleasing for me this season is the bonding between all the players and staff with the exception of puncheon. Very few teams have that level of comardrie in a whole squad, not even Moan united

We do not have any prima donnas, thats what wins football games on a regular basis

Agreed! We have a great team spirit! This also shows in the progression of results since NA took over.

Fantastic !!! The first of 2 back to back promotions - look out World, the Saints are coming :)

JPT aside, it seems like forever since we had such a positive day!

TY Marcus and family for saving the club from oblivion, ty NC for having a plan and sticking with us, ty AP for what you did here, ty Nigel for saving this season and delivering the goods, ty to all the squad for making it happen.

Can't wait to do it all again next season.

COYS !!

just head Chamberlains mum on solent. She said he not going anywhere and is looking forward to playing at the next level with us!

Well done saints, so pleased for all fans and everyone at the club. Watched QPR - Leeds today and think we will be able to compete very well in the Championship next season.

COYR!

All is in order according mum , and while not sure 100% that he wil stay she was at least 99.9% he will be hear next week

To all my fellow saints world wide enjoy the night , morning or afternoon

Bollixs my meniscus cuts are bleeding and I thought ut was the spilt champagne , it proves I do bleed red and white

All is in order according mum , and while not sure 100% that he wil stay she was at least 99.9% he will be hear next week

Bollixs my meniscus cuts are bleeding and I thought ut was the spilt champagne , it proves I do bleed red and white

................And Viking fades into gibberish.;)

Happy hangovers Viking :)

Enjoy Viking!

That's the spirit!

I'm off to prepare this evening's homemade curry, before heading into town for chips, battered sausage and curry sauce and a couple of lunchtime pubs.

COYS and you are all welcome in Portland any time. I LUVSH YOU...

Martyg1950 et al

It probalbly is gibberish a mixture of a bottle of champagne and a general anaesthetic yesterday morning to sort out my tears in my cartilage. and the sutures are leaking red and white blood.

White and red cells. (I think jesus was a saints fan giving us red and white blood cells) I think I might be a bit wobbly on the crutches

but we are going up

YESSSSSSSS!!

A higher level of football which we fully deserve. The players, management and Cortese have all been fantastic throughout. Roll on the next few years, they promise to be something special.

One Markus Liebherr - They won it for you.

YESSSSSSSS!!

A higher level of football which we fully deserve. The players, management and Cortese have all been fantastic throughout. Roll on the next few years, they promise to be something special.

One Markus Liebherr - They won it for you.

No they didnt

Just back from the game (don't worry, i'm off out again to celebrate in a minute!) - what a f*cking great day.

One of my life's ambitions to see Saints promoted and also to go on St. Mary's pitch, so it's been very fulfilling!

WE ARE GOING UP!

No they didnt

Are you some kind of a moran???

Just in case that was meant to be funny or in jest - it wasn't ! There is no pleasing some people I guess - get a life and enjoy the best day we have had in a long while!

Are you some kind of a moran???

Just in case that was meant to be funny or in jest - it wasn't ! There is no pleasing some people I guess - get a life and enjoy the best day we have had in a long while!

No just saying we came second We didn't win the league. I an very pleased, had a good day out and was on the pitch at the end.

Great stuff, sorry couldn't be there. Pleased for Walsall, Chris Nicholl really should be happy tonight. To top it off the Gulls clinched a play-off place in League One (despite losing). Top day.

Bring on the Championship.

You another saint in torquizzle? Good feeling down this way specially as it wasn't certain for them till the end!

Bet it's amazing feeling back home though! Watching the pitch invasion on SSN was brilliant. Seeing a close up of Chambo hoisted high by the fans with a huge smile on his face almost brought a tear to my eye. I hope that sticks with him as the summer of speculation approaches.

We did it for Marcus!! UTS!!

Just back. Great day, amazing atmosphere, superb performance, Ricky and Deano sitting on fans shoulders singing 'we are going up' at full time, Guly dancing in the exec box while we sang his name, NC looking emotional as Markus' name was chanted loud and clear.

Fantastic.

What is this strange contented happy feeling ? Most unusual.

Nicola wear that watch with pride sir, and I sincerely hope you wi ll be buying another one in the not too distant future.

call me wet but I am a complete emotional wreck this evening , it's not just about the promotion , it's the real feeling that at long long last we have a club that we can be truly proud of and that is capable of great things.

The fact above about our home gate today shows us where we well and truely belong.

forget the fa cup final or even coming runners up in the 80's for me this is my proudest day as a saints fan ever, and I'm not p issed

Ok, just for you we won it...the "it" being promotion.....for Markus.

Better ?

Yeah fair enough. Can't say the whole win it for markus thing is that appealing to me because really it's just a soundbite created by someone on here. I think it was nice to show appreciation where it matters though- on the pitch in front of the family and today was entertaining. Let's hope it continues tomorrow.

No just saying we came second We didn't win the league. I an very pleased, had a good day out and was on the pitch at the end.

Opps sorry - lots of emotion (+ve) and booze - all saints fans are happy everywhere :-)