Saints V Walsall Post match chat PROMOTION .

SOTONS EAST SIDE

For those that were present were Markus's family there ?

Yes they were! I was stood right behind the exec area during the pitch invasion. They stayed and watched the whole thing with NC, NA and the players. The atmosphere and emotion down on the pitch in front of us was truly amazing. One Marcus liebherr chant at the end was superb and would have hit home. They all looked very happy and a bit shocked (in a good way) at what was happening in front of us.

Perfect atmosphere and pitch invasion.

My favourite moment- NC's son lifting the trophy and getting massive cheers from the crowd.

What a fantastic run-in we put together to stave off a very strong challenge from Huddersfield. Last 15 games we took an incredible 40 points from 45 and in the process scored 32 and let in just 9! Just think, had we beaten Brighton at home when their spoiling tactics gained them a point we'd have been champions on goal difference. Well done Saints, absolutely brilliant period of results when the pressure was right on us. Hats off to Nigel Adkins and the coaching staff for masterminding this key run of results.

What a fantastic run-in we put together to stave off a very strong challenge from Huddersfield. Last 15 games we took an incredible 40 points from 45 and in the process scored 32 and let in just 9!

That, is just an unbelievable achievement in itself. Sublime form.

So happy right now! Really is a brilliant feeling!

Unfortunately I couldn't come to the game today. Wish I could have been there.

How was the Walsall fans? Seeing as try avoided delegation too, must have been brilliant!

"We have been busy already. We are at the bus-stop waiting to leave League 1 for the Championship so we will navigate our way through the Championship and get a few more people on the bus to give ourselves the oppurtunity to get to our next destination which is the Premier League"

Vintage Nigel! :D

Superb day, just a few things to add that I remember.

Fonte took his trophy after the game with a presentation in one of the concorse that had the live band (will upload it soon)

A good few hundred stayed 90 minutes after the game and the players loved it.

Also Big Mac after the game was asked if he was playing on Sunday (getting on a bit bless him) answered not invited, I paid for my ticket today just like every other time.

The players came out at 6-20 all suited to great applause, they got on two coaches with the love ones which went to dock gate 4, If you want to see them I guess thats the party tonight.

Kelv walked out with the trophy as they all said goodbye to the children who was dragged away as they miss there mums and dads.

Oxy signed loads of autographs and said he would be back here as he loves it, I like the way his mum who acts like his agent said go on sign them.

Chaplow was entertaining the crowd while downing his two bottles of bud, Cortese came out and met the crowd and the biggest cheer was for Adkins, he came out and signed a few before the coaches all went past the front of the stadium to great applause.

The game was a classic, Morgan was amazing first half, everything went through him, Oxy was very lively as too was Connolly.

Lambert had a bad game me thinks as nothing came off for him, maybe too much celebrating all week.

Exciting times coming up for the club and finally from me, Cortese was asked if we are signing Messi, he smiled which is nice.

Edited by Pilchards

great day loved it on the pitch the result the players staff etc of both sides NA NC ML Family we thank you..

only downers was the thick season ticket holders in northam singing where were u when we were **** waving there STs... ,well last season we wasn't and this season bar swindon and few games after pards sacking ( all which i went to im superfan) we have been pretty ok so that song makes no sense, also are stewards trying to stop walsall players going to there fans to say thanks.

best moment players singing you dirty skate bastards were coming for you or lee banards song.

Loved Chaplow's little dig at Preston during his interview as well - "The gaffer has given me a great opportunity here, and luckily i'm going up while Preston are going down"

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURN!

(And a lukewarm can of Strongbow never tasted better in my whole life!)

Fonte took his trophy after the game with a presentation in one of the concorse that had the live band (will upload it soon)

Also Big Mac after the game was asked if he was playing on Sunday (getting on a bit bless him) answered not invited, I paid for my ticket today just like every other time.

The players came out at 6-20 all suited to great applause, they got on two coaches with the love ones which went to dock gate 4, If you want to see them I guess thats the party tonight.

Kelv walked out with the trophy as they all said goodbye to the children who was dragged away as they miss there mums and dads.

Oxy signed loads of autographs and said he would be back here as he loves it, I like the way his mum who acts like his agent said go on sign them.

Chaplow was entertaining the crowd while downing his two bottles of bud, Cortese came out and met the crowd and the biggest cheer was for Adkins, he came out and signed a few before the coaches all went past the front of the stadium to great applause.

The game was a classic, Morgan was amazing first half, everything went through him, Oxy was very lively as too was Connolly.

Lambert had a bad game me thinks as nothing came off for him, maybe too much celebrating all week.

Exciting times coming up for the club and finally from me, Cortese was asked if we are signing Messi, he smiled which is nice.

So Pilchards gets another big scoop!! Quality!! Still could only see Messi as a bench warmer lol!!

just head Chamberlains mum on solent. She said he not going anywhere and is looking forward to playing at the next level with us!

Well done saints, so pleased for all fans and everyone at the club. Watched QPR - Leeds today and think we will be able to compete very well in the Championship next season.

COYR!

Alex: "Mum! I've got an offer from Newcastle to play for them in the Premier League!"

Mum: "You're not going anywhere, you're staying with the Saints."

Alex: "But Mum......"

Mum: "No more arguments, otherwise you're off to bed without supper young man."

I went to the Walsall away game and saw us lose.

Since then I have been to the matches against Yeovil, Sheff Wed, Charlton, Leyton Orient, Brizzle, Hartlepool, Brentford and today. (Missed MK due to illness)

I am just amazed that in between Walsall scoring in that first game and Walsall scoring today, I have not seen Saints concede a goal.

I am just afraid that I will wake up soon and disxcover it has been a dream !!

I'm gonna miss League One. Everyone (me included) thought that relegation was the end, but what a bl00dy great two years we've had. A cup final at Wembley, promotion, some great games of football, and some new stars.

Most of all, though, it really feels like we have re-found that strange positive feeling we all managed to lose over the past four or five years - that 'we know we'll make hard work of it, but it'll come right in the end' feeling that was the bedrock of our past successes.

And I genuinely believe (& I am not usually given to optimism about Saints) that this is just the start. This bus is going to run and run.

The "you are staying up, say you are staying up" made me cringe like f*ck. I'm all for fans getting on - still have a massive soft spot for Southend - but that was embarrassing and patronising when you think about it.

Disagree. I though that was brilliant. They bought down a huge percentage of their average gate and should be applauded for doing so. I liked it when their subs and staff ran on and celebrated like mad at the end.

Disagree. I though that was brilliant. They bought down a huge percentage of their average gate and should be applauded for doing so. I liked it when their subs and staff ran on and celebrated like mad at the end.

I agree with you Cat. I thought it was pretty respectful to be honest. Other teams always have a go for our 'arrogance' it's nice not to be seen like that for a change (and shows we have more class than Derby fans.)

The "you are staying up, say you are staying up" made me cringe like f*ck. I'm all for fans getting on - still have a massive soft spot for Southend - but that was embarrassing and patronising when you think about it.

No it wasn't, it was a spur of the moment thing based on the announcement over the tannoy. Everybody was in a good mood and it was, to me, almost like saying hey, we have been there, we know how relieved you feel so have a great day and enjoy our party.

Sorry - this is a bit off-piste....

Bought my 'once-a-season' programme today - just looking through it now - page 34 (where are they now?) - Ron Davies - it says he passed away in 2007.

Can Tim pop round and make sure he's ok?

Sorry - this is a bit off-piste....

Bought my 'once-a-season' programme today - just looking through it now - page 34 (where are they now?) - Ron Davies - it says he passed away in 2007.

Can Tim pop round and make sure he's ok?

Thats the full back Ron Davies not the big centre forward Ron Davies.

6 games ago I thought Posh were going to be our biggest threat. We finished 13 points ahead of them.

It's a great end to a brilliant season. Such a shame Markus wasn't here to see it. Great to get on the pitch at the end. Can't wait for next season now.

Did I hear "we won it for you, rest in peace Markus Liebherr, we won it for you".

was what I was singing anyway, proper lump in the throat stuff.

Easily the best atmosphere ever at St Marys, so loud for so long.

Superb day.

I went out on the lash last night as my fiancee's brother was in town, and in spite of me promising not to get drunk, I promptly got absolutely smashed and crawled into bed at 3am. My missus had prepared herself for not going today, but I woke up fresh as a daisy! My subconscious was determined to be ok today!

I was so busy cheering and enjoying the atmosphere small parts of the game passed me by, especially towards the end! Chamberlain'd goal was fantastic, he could have had one with his first touch. I'm pleased for Wallsall, something for them to cheer too, and loved getting onto the pitch and taking a little bit of grass home.

It's a great feeling going up, I look forward to the summer with bated breath!

Did I hear "we won it for you, rest in peace Markus Liebherr, we won it for you".

was what I was singing anyway, proper lump in the throat stuff.

Easily the best atmosphere ever at St Marys, so loud for so long.

Not sure about that, from last season alone i'd say MK Dons JPT and Pompey were better.

I agree with you Cat. I thought it was pretty respectful to be honest. Other teams always have a go for our 'arrogance' it's nice not to be seen like that for a change (and shows we have more class than Derby fans.)

I agree. To be fair, their fans were awesome. Seemed to have alot of good songs.

Applauded yes, but chanting "you are staying up" is OTT.

Fantastic !!! The first of 2 back to back promotions - look out World, the Saints are coming :)

JPT aside, it seems like forever since we had such a positive day!

TY Marcus and family for saving the club from oblivion, ty NC for having a plan and sticking with us, ty AP for what you did here, ty Nigel for saving this season and delivering the goods, ty to all the squad for making it happen.

Can't wait to do it all again next season.

COYS !!

:thumbup:

Great post - always nice to get a bit of a 'behind the scenes' outlook on the day :) Hung around for quite a while at the end but didn't realise that all of this was going on.

Going off on a tangent, does anybody know why Rickie had that headband thing (bandage?) on in the first half? He didn't seem to be wearing it after the break (or maybe the beers were really starting to kick in by then!)

Absolutely perfect day for me, crowned a few hours ago by marching home from the pub through the torrential rain with my better half, belting out as many Saints chants as you could care to mention. We got a few bemused looks, but nearly as many people joined in :D

So you where not at the game Norm? Hope youre OK?

I'm not keen to go without my grandson, Patrik. He was visiting family. I later had a second thought and then tried to get a ticket but was unable to do so. Hope you and family are all well?

Since Christmas I have expected Promotion but the team has done even better than I expected so Nigel Adkins should be congratulated especially as we have had injuries recently to key players.

I wonder how he feels with Southampton promoted and S****horpe relegated

The key moments I feel were in the MK Dons match with two goals from Forte

So we have done it without spending loads of money recently and based on players brought in by Pardew who no doubt helped us to have two seasons exceptionally good seasons after our awful experiences of two relegations.

I think the future is bright and the Premier League is within our grasp although I am not sure I want to bejust another team worried about relegation when we return