Saints V Walsall Post match chat PROMOTION .

SOTONS EAST SIDE

Well done to all the players,all the coaching staff,all the fans,all the staff at sfc...have i missed anyone?

What an atmosphere!!

A truly fantastic day!!

And this morning a lovely warm satisfied feeling inside...

Roll on the new season...

I am hanging out of my ars*hole due to last night's celebrations. Wonderful game, tense at times, a real contest to finish the season. Delighted for the Walsall fans too, they played their part well.

It seems quite right to me that we should exit league 1 with a 3-1 win. We always win 3-1. ;)

An absolute pearler from Chambo for the third too, I must have been the only person in the ground wishing the ball to stay out from the subsequent chances, I had a quid on 3-1. :D

Halcyon days my friends. WE ARE GOING UP, SAY WE ARE GOING UP!!!!

I am hanging out of my ars*hole due to last night's celebrations. Wonderful game, tense at times, a real contest to finish the season. Delighted for the Walsall fans too, they played their part well.

It seems quite right to me that we should exit league 1 with a 3-1 win. We always win 3-1. ;)

An absolute pearler from Chambo for the third too, I must have been the only person in the ground wishing the ball to stay out from the subsequent chances, I had a quid on 3-1. :D

Halcyon days my friends. WE ARE GOING UP, SAY WE ARE GOING UP!!!!

Dave behind us in the Chapel had Guly first scorer, 3-1 and Chambo last scorer. When DC had that 1 on 1 and then missed the open goal he was the only one who cheered :)

It was a great day and fitting to end with a Chambo goal! Morgan was my MOTM though, a great return and a great asset to the team. Sign him up on a longer deal Cortese...!

Glad I got to see all the celebrations in the directors box/disabled area. We've seen two celebrations and cups being lifted 2 season in a row now, it's a brilliant feeling. 3 times next year then....?

We're def. in a good position to challenge, more so than any other team promoted from L1. We have players like Fonte, Lallana, Morgan, Harding, OxO etc that are easily championship quality (and all are proven at that level apart from chambo)

Went out into Portsmouth last night to celebrate. I sang Southampton songs unchallenged all night. A few puzzled faces but the "We're coming for you" chant soon made them realise :D

Great day to finish off a great campaign.

Very emotional day with contrasting lows and highs, my Mum sadly died in the early hours of Saturday Morning, she knew I'd been missing games since she fell ill earlier this year and I wasn't sure if I should go yesterday. She died knowing Saints had all but won promotion and passing away when she did it was almost as if she timed it so I could be there and enjoy something she knew I loved. It was difficult fighting back tears throughout from the first goal to the pitch invasion but I knew Mum would have wanted me to be there.

Although not a regular to St Marys Mum always used to follow Saints progress and when working at Tesco, Bursledon on the Customer Service desk would occasionally have a cheeky banter with away fans coming into the store before they collected their cars from the Park and Ride when Saints had won.

So a very happy day and emotional day for Saints sealing promotion and a very sad and emotional day for saying goodbye to Mum. Congratulations Saints, R.I.P Mum and thank you.

Injury in the warm up, I was told. He took it off at half time.

Was part of the crowd that mobbed him on the pitch, looked like a cut above the eye, nothing serious. The image of him being hoisted onto the shoulders of the fans, with a massive grin on his face, shouting "we are going up!" will not be forgotten in a long time!

Just a couple of points as I am still up on cloud 25 after yesterday. Living up here in the wilds of Shropshire we have neighbours from most Midlands clubs. My Walsall neighbour (who also went yesterday) thanked me and asked to 'pass on' his personal appreciation to all the Saints for their 'congratulatory support' at the end of the game. He said 'Saints are the true Champions of this league. Brighton are the pretenders!' Second.Have a look at the stats. Our Midfield have to be the best in Div 1. We have the best goal difference,in all the League Divisions, we have only conceded THIRTEEN at home which means that our MF not only have defended brilliantly but supplied the forwards with great support. What a day. As an STH with my Nipper and Grandsons the 400 miles round trip was worth every second of the travel. Just as an 'aside'. Why was the grass cut in the 'Golac' stripes? Is this subtle hint of next seasons strip?

I think we just gave Brighton a lesson in how to finish a season - they're lucky they won the title in the first seven games as they haven't matched ourselves and huddersfield since January, despite both of us losing key players, and when it came to the crunch games they couldn't give an honest account of themselves for teams at either end of the table.

Their massive domination actually turned into us coming up one game short, and I bet that annoys Nige - no doubt he'll put that right next season.

Great day, and as Giger points out, the celebratory moments are often a time when you remember relatives/friends who are no longer with us, but they would certainly have enjoyed yesterday! - must have been a tough but proud day for Nicola.

I have never seen so many people on a pitch, and I have never seen so many proper football shirts in Fareham, are pompey still trading?

They seem to have disappeared.

Very emotional day with contrasting lows and highs, my Mum sadly died in the early hours of Saturday Morning, she knew I'd been missing games since she fell ill earlier this year and I wasn't sure if I should go yesterday. She died knowing Saints had all but won promotion and passing away when she did it was almost as if she timed it so I could be there and enjoy something she knew I loved. It was difficult fighting back tears throughout from the first goal to the pitch invasion but I knew Mum would have wanted me to be there.

Although not a regular to St Marys Mum always used to follow Saints progress and when working at Tesco, Bursledon on the Customer Service desk would occasionally have a cheeky banter with away fans coming into the store before they collected their cars from the Park and Ride when Saints had won.

So a very happy day and emotional day for Saints sealing promotion and a very sad and emotional day for saying goodbye to Mum. Congratulations Saints, R.I.P Mum and thank you.

Very emotional for you. I wish you and your family all the very best in the coming few days/weeks at a difficult time.

The people waving their season tickets in the Northam are a joke.

We were playing Walsall ffs, 3 thousand more turned up than when we played Manchester United.

That is from a Season Ticket holder who has only missed 4 games all season if you're wondering.

Wow, What a weekend. Got back here at 4am this morning. Blurred vision through T3 at the airport for some reason and my head hurts today.

Thoughts - so many Slash shirts outside the ground. So many smiles. So relaxed going to the game

The Northam a sea of Slash shirts. The building up of the we are going up chant, every time it went round it came from deeper in the soul

The eyes watering when everyone stood with their coloured cards and the intensity of the going up became deafening down at Row F level

The utterly relaxed way we played, the only description to do it justice is that it was like watching the current Barca side play a Pub Team. Yet when we lost the ball we were STILL first into the tackle

The flicks the nudges the step overs from all across the pitch, Morgan breaking up play then pinging Hoddle-esque 25 yard balls across the pitch

Lallana seemed to spend more time on the ball in their penalty area than Walsall had as possession in the entire first half (FFS Adam learn how to shoot though)

The build up to the first goal, we must have had possession for 5 minutes - in that time Walsall got the ball out for a throw in twice

I don't believe I have seen a Saints team play like that for 30 years or more

The Northam starting the Dirty Skate Bstd song that at the end was being sung by the entire stadium - then Chappers & Bart joining in at the end when we were on the pitch

We're the Itchen we're the Itchen over here being followed by a cracking we're the Chapel we're the Chapel - lol never heard that one before!

Having a BEER in the concourse before the game - woo hoo! That was a first

Knowing the stewards had been told not to stop an invasion so knowing what was coming

Walsall's goal (cracker) and KD bollocking the defenders for not closing him down - this result STILL mattered to the players even though we were showboating

Oxo's goal - OMG what a way to go if he does - muppet should have had a hat-trick

The ref giving a goal kick then running towards the tunnel before blowing the whistle.

The Walsall players diving into a huddle in the middle of the Saints fans

Getting the Flag photo in the goal mouth as promised to Eric

Meeting Hamster & sharing a smoke in the centre circle (wow bad people) bumping into a beaming Granty

As we left the pitch some guy coming over with his son & asking "Are you really Dubai Saints?" - He's moving to Ras Al Khamaih shortly & will become RAK Saint another for the Emirati Massive!

Having beers in Deacons in the evening in the rain and offering condolences to their resident Skates

The late night Curry

Some things in life are just simply priceless.

For everything else, hell there was Mastercard