Deppo

SuperMikey

At the end of the day, the only way Boj will ever listen is if you hit him where it hurts, the pocket.

He says that he does not make a profit from this forum. Rubbish.

There is no way that this forum costs one solitary £5 to run, let alone the hundreds (thousands?) he has pocketed from people applying for the 'privilege' of posting more than 3 times a day to argue with Hypo.

There are literally millions of forums, many of them better and with more members than this one, that do not charge a penny. The only problem is that there is no suitable, popular alternative for Saints fans.

People that are hacked off with the way this forum is run - and I don't just mean the ludicrous banning of the best forum member on here - should first of all declare that they will NOT pay in the future. Not £5. Not £1. Nothing. And then stick to it when renewal is due.

Second, we should start a decent Saints forum alternative that does not charge and does not crash on match days. Then we should leave this forum in droves.

It probably wont happen. But it would be easy enough to do. Anyone who complains about this forum and then carries on paying £5 only has themselves to blame.

At the end of the day, the only way Boj will ever listen is if you hit him where it hurts, the pocket.

There is no way that this forum costs one solitary £5 to run, let alone the hundreds (thousands?) he has pocketed from people applying for the 'privilege' of posting more than 3 times a day to argue with Hypo.

There are literally millions of forums, many of them better and with more members than this one, that do not charge a penny. The only problem is that there is no suitable, popular alternative for Saints fans.

People that are hacked off with the way this forum is run - and I don't just mean the ludicrous banning of the best forum member on here - should first of all declare that they will NOT pay in the future. Not £5. Not £1. Nothing. And then stick to it when renewal is due.

Second, we should start a decent Saints forum alternative that does not charge and does not crash on match days. Then we should leave this forum in droves.

It probably wont happen. But it would be easy enough to do. Anyone who complains about this forum and then carries on paying £5 only has themselves to blame.

This!!!

I cancelled my PayPal annual subscription or this place last week, so come August I'll be back to just a registered user. I am also looking into the whole forum set up thing. To be honest I doubt I will set one up from scratch, but as per my thread on the main forum asking where others go online, there are already other places we 'could' go. SNSUN is a mod on LoyalSaints, we could all start using that place. If SNSUN wanted too this would be a good oppertunity to get that place a bit busier. It's highly unlikely anywhere will be as big as this place because due to the sheer numbers on here, the majority will just stay put. But even if some of us go elsewhere, we'll at least have somewhere we can actually have a laugh.

This!!!

I cancelled my PayPal annual subscription or this place last week, so come August I'll be back to just a registered user. I am also looking into the whole forum set up thing. To be honest I doubt I will set one up from scratch, but as per my thread on the main forum asking where others go online, there are already other places we 'could' go. SNSUN is a mod on LoyalSaints, we could all start using that place. If SNSUN wanted too this would be a good oppertunity to get that place a bit busier. It's highly unlikely anywhere will be as big as this place because due to the sheer numbers on here, the majority will just stay put. But even if some of us go elsewhere, we'll at least have somewhere we can actually have a laugh.

----->I just shlt meself at the thought of actual, real responsibility. :)

LoyalSaints was StuRomseySaints breakaway baby.

----->I just shlt meself at the thought of actual, real responsibility. :)

LoyalSaints was StuRomseySaints breakaway baby.

As the dragons would say! I'm Out!

Although I think the Deppo ban is absolutley mental, based on believing he has been banned for posting pretty funny remarks and has probably been reported to death for no other reason than a sense of humour bi-pass. I doubt many will leave here in droves unless there is somewhere as good or better to go. Most of the places to go I imagine to have all the people that have been banned and were in fact knobs so in one way I would rather stay here.

I still think reasons should be made public as to why people get banned. Deppo could of sent racist PM's or completely abused the rules and may actually deserve to be banned. If the reasons for his ban were more public and were just, how many would be campaigning to bring him back? If the reasons are laughable however the admins would look pretty silly and its for this reason that I think the transparency would never happen. Hidden behind the rules that keep reason locked away.

Sensible thing to do would be for the mods to have a think tank and review the rules to allow for some discression or some transparency.

If Deppo's infractions came by being reported then the mods will know who did the reporting. If all were from the same person then his banning was the result of a personal attack and doesnt seem very fair at all. Worth looking into I think.

Did you know he was banned for saying bellend to Hamster, on a thread where Hamster, a friend of deppo's, talked about not being sure if someone said bellend or legend to him. Hamster didn't report the post and even said he hoped it wasn't infracted.

So pretty fair and sensible infracting and banning from boj there then.

And there I was thinking someone had finally seen sense, guess not

I missed a lot today! Seems the ban expired automatically but was then enforced by the mods. Calm down and carry on.

One day, it will be you dishing out the banning orders. Your time will come. Until then, you will have to remain like the troll under deppos bridge.

ffs

Mods - let him back, but keep his status as 'banned' ,just like that skate macks 'fish fish fish' ... the people have spoken, you saw the elation when he was temporarily reinstated, 250k fans down at southsea comon.

And now its back to hunger strikes and famine as the little guys take on the swf empire, sibling to the rothschilds and heir to the new world order...

There are some real pansies on this forum. Deppo's banned. Better judgement says he shouldn't be, but hey ho, that's life. However, all this Deppo love-in and Hypo-hating and Baj-hating, whilst predictable, is so ****ing boring. Maybe the mouthpiece ****s on this thread who reckon they could do a better job as an admin should stop poncing about and actually do it.

I'd shut the whole forum down during pre-season, only to open it up for a day or two when there is big news such as ST prices etc. I think judging by this thread we could all do with a pre-season getaway.

There are some real pansies on this forum. Deppo's banned. Better judgement says he shouldn't be, but hey ho, that's life. However, all this Deppo love-in and Hypo-hating and Baj-hating, whilst predictable, is so ****ing boring. Maybe the mouthpiece ****s on this thread who reckon they could do a better job as an admin should stop poncing about and actually do it.

Is it just me that finds supposedly grown men getting their knickers in a twist over the banning of somone from an internet forum ,someone they have never met tragic yet slightly amusing?

Did you know he was banned for saying bellend to Hamster, on a thread where Hamster, a friend of deppo's, talked about not being sure if someone said bellend or legend to him. Hamster didn't report the post and even said he hoped it wasn't infracted.

So pretty fair and sensible infracting and banning from boj there then.

That post was clearly a joke and could not be construed in any other way.

That post was clearly a joke and could not be construed in any other way.

Does that mean someone actually reported it though in the first place? Or did a mod (or Baj) just see it themselves and infract him?

Is it just me that finds supposedly grown men getting their knickers in a twist over the banning of somone from an internet forum ,someone they have never met tragic yet slightly amusing?

It's the grown men commenting on the grown men getting their knickers in a twist that I worry about most.... ;-)

Ok ok; I'll build a forum with no mods and an ignore button. It will be free and far more advanced than the crap that is served up here.

Valid idea, and one that I'd be in favour of. Trouble is that its been tried before, what happens is the site crashes and burns after six months or so. I'm all for unmoderated sites but in practice they just dont work, the libellous stuff kicks in around the same point as the hackers start getting personal info and it all goes t*ts-up. Worth a try tho Draino if you dont mind the hassle.

This!!!

I cancelled my PayPal annual subscription or this place last week.

Thanks for reminding me about this.

In case you didn't realise you have to opt out of paying a yearly subscription. If you don't opt out after 12 months the money will automatically be debited. As it's highly likely i'll be banned very soon i'm going to sort this out now.

To cancel the automatic debiting of funds (you are then in control of debiting the funds) go into your account history and find the payment to saintweb and click on details which gives the option of canceling the subscription. You never know what's going to happen in the future and unless you cancel that £5 is going to baj year after year after year - you might not even notice.

I like this whole 'it's only £5' attitude, and the whole 'grown men moaning about someone they've never met' blah blah blah thing.

To me this is more about principal than anything else. I couldn't give a feek about £5, likewise ultimately I agree I don't even know who or what Deppo is. But personally one of the main reasons I used/liked this forum was to have a laugh. As my own personal humor preference is to that of Deppo's work (which is obviously not welcome) then I'll just use this place as an info source now, so 3 posts a day is fine.

And for all those of you who think it's no big deal, that's fine maybe you aren't interested in the humor aspect? But if you are, before you start going on about it being no big deal, just think about what the forum will be like if & when all the major contributors such as Deppo, Dune (even hypo) are gone!

Edited by Spudders

Here's the post Deppo was banned for:

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?30612-Thorpe-Park-Parking-scandal&p=1059179#post1059179

In response to this

There was one mildly amusing moment though.

I noticed that the chain on the entry road was just wrapped around the post so quietly walked over and lifted it and swung the barrier open. A minibus slipped out and the driver shouted something to me as he drove past. I thought he'd called me a bell end but my daughter corrected me, he'd called me a 'legend'. On the down side, one of their security numpties ran over and locked it properly before I could get out my self.

I think it's nice that your daughter tries to protect your feelings.

Bellend.

Pretty clearly a bit of gentle leg-pulling in direct response to what Hamster said, but in Boj's eyes and offence so bad it deserved a permanent banning even though Hamster didn't complain and even posted this:

Tear in eye moment, please don't do that mate. I shall sleep on it, can't say fairer than that, he did call me a bellend after all.

In case anyone was wondering, I did not report him for it as I do know (and live with the fact daily) that he was very accurate in saying so. In fact, I'd go

As far as to say that Deppo has helped me through some extremely tough times in my recent life. Seriously, he is a legend.

Okay, I've slept on it and although I can't do it on my iPhone, I will make it a priority tomorrow in my tea-break.

You really have to ask questions about what the real reason was.

For somebody who doesn't care what people think, you are desperate to share your opinions on here as often as possible, hypo. You especially seem to think about deppo and want to talk about him a lot.

I'm walking home, it is raining and I felt like posting on here. Thanks for the opinion though.

Here's the post Deppo was banned for:

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?30612-Thorpe-Park-Parking-scandal&p=1059179#post1059179

In response to this

Pretty clearly a bit of gentle leg-pulling in direct response to what Hamster said, but in Boj's eyes and offence so bad it deserved a permanent banning even though Hamster didn't complain and even posted this:

You really have to ask questions about what the real reason was.

Hold on, While that one post may have got infracted and tipped him over the edge it wouldnt be the sole reason for getting banned. There would have been several other infracted posts that add up to a ban and as has already been explained it wasnt the 1st time he has been banned. So its a collection of ban's and infractions that have led to this.

Highly debatable if any of the infracted posts were actualy worth an infraction in the first place though and if the post you mention was infracted and the others for similar reasons then someone has been far too trigger happy.

Ok, I think we're done with this thread now.

3 things to clear up

1) As far as I can remember, Hypo hasn't reported a post about Deppo since his first ban.

2) I am not involved in the finances of saintsweb in any way whatsoever, in fact, part of the condition of me helping steve out was that I would specifically not be involved with the money

3) Deppos return last night was my **** up, apologies, I had set his permanent ban as 2 weeks instead of forever.

If you guys want to run another forum, fine. I will remind you all that this forum is run primarily as a football forum for saints fans, and as much as some members want to come on and "have a laugh", our priority will always be given to those who treat it as a football forum.

If any of you want to PM me directly to discuss things in private, I'm more than happy.