Ousting Lowe

Crouchie's Lawyer

I don't see it happening. More importantly, I don't see how it would improve the situation unless whoever replaces him has large amounts of cash to invest.

If somebody wanted to invest and de-list the club, they would do so regardless of who is at the helm. If they refuse to do so because of Lowe being there, I'm not convinced they are the best idea anyway if they let personalities get in the way of doing the best for the club.

Money is our big problem and unless there is a way of changing that, I don't see any way of improving the situation.

The only way its going to happen is

1. Finally, someone with money comes forward and buys the club.

OR (and more likely, considering the nature and track-record of the person involved)

2. Wilde loses his nerve again, falls out with Lowe, and tries to kiss-and-make-up with Crouch and the Corbett family.

OR (and more likely, considering the nature and track-record of the person involved)

2. Wilde loses his nerve again, falls out with Lowe, and tries to kiss-and-make-up with Crouch and the Corbett family.

Point 1 would be great, but seems very unlikely. I'd have expected something more definite by now if somebody serious was out there.

Point 2 scares me. I blame Wilde for the mess we're in, he has ruined this club. Him and his stupid decisions have caused our debt and instability and could easily make things a whole lot worse if he starts messing around again.

The only way is by an almost total boycott of a specific home match.

Couple this with the threat that every third home match will be similarly boycotted if he remains and mass protests at other matches, we may just possibly rid ourselves of him.

If such a campaign were organised and there was no possible excuse for the very low turnout, then Barclays and his fellow directors will have to make a decision on whether his continued Chairmanship and directorship is advisable.

Unfortunately as long as he has the misguided support of the majority of the shareholders, there is no other way.

If Tesco say started selling overpriced sh#t#, due to a ludicrous policy of the Chairman and MD, then you wouldn't shop there; and the shareholders would very soon get rid of the clowns.

Lowest thinks of Saints as a business.

Fair enough we must think of ourselves as customers and consumers first and fans last, and take the appropriate action.

It'll work and quick- Lowe only owns a minority of the shares.

Cambsaint

Lowe is harming the brand image of Saints just like Ratner did to his own Company. The one difference is that if Lowe left the brand image would improve and some of the lost supporters would return and support at the game would be more united behind the team.

But he is merely an employee of the PLC, the PLC board must now vote him out. Admittedly he has a holding himself and garners support from the coffin dodgers of the old board who still hang onto their free lunches, but surely even they must see he is bringing the whole city down and the fans are deserting the club because of him.

Thing is they won't advertise in the FT for a new, galvanising figure with proven nous and connections (as all other PLC with PR issues do) as any 'outsider' they could get in wouldn't be 'their' man and front the gameplan of the hidden hand.

The whole thing stinks to the core and while the suits can all go about their business if the club goes under, we will suffer for the rest of our lives.

And to think the fans put them where they are by loyally following the team through thick and thin - and this is what we are repaid with

I don't see it happening. More importantly, I don't see how it would improve the situation unless whoever replaces him has large amounts of cash to invest.

If somebody wanted to invest and de-list the club, they would do so regardless of who is at the helm. If they refuse to do so because of Lowe being there, I'm not convinced they are the best idea anyway if they let personalities get in the way of doing the best for the club.

Money is our big problem and unless there is a way of changing that, I don't see any way of improving the situation.

Lowe does not invest and does not know how to run a footbal club in the CCC. Getting someone in who at least has one of those skills would be an improvement, even without more money. Lowe brings nothing to this club except more and more disgrace.

I think the key to getting rid of Lowe though may be getting rid of Wilde. Without Wilde's backing Lowe does not have a leg to stand on. What we really need is Wilde backing Crouch with Cowan and Hoos running the club, sadly we lost Lee Hoos, the only one of the Wilde bunch that actually earned his keep.

What you need then is people on the gates asking fans not to go in - or stand by the ticket office 9 to 5 and plead with people not to buy a ticket.

I don't think you will get many with a ticket saying NO at £24 a pop!

Perhaps a campaign at a home game distributing literature requesting a boycot of the next game regardless of the result might help. I bet however there would be "bully boys" out to move you on (so to say) as soon as the Management saw what was going on!

What can Joe Average do?

All the supporter groups are so up themselves (Trust included) they will never come together and construct a plan. Not unless Nick Illingsworth front it...The stick I get on The Echo Forum for going on about not gong to SMS until Lowe is gone...

Organising such a protest is virtually impossible without the support of the local media - radio and papers. Forget the internet - people on this forum represent a small minority of fans (believe it or not).

So who can get interviewed at prime time in the rush hour on local radio? Who cares enough to give the fans some air time? Who can get front page exposure in The Echo?

What about a ritual hanging of a manikin an effigy of Lowe from the Itchen Bridge? Bonfire night is coming up - get some masks printed and distribute them to put on the sacrificial "Lowe" I do mean of course "Guy"?

What about a gunpowder plot to blow up SMS?

The time is nigh - Your club needs you!

It would be great to move the club forward but look at how Newcastle's fans protests are making things worse -and that is with a club alledgedly with alternative owners -we haven't

Slightly different to our situation, they have loads of cash we have none. They have the club up for sale and are looking for buyers, we are not.

Protesting will start to happen if things continue this way. Supporting the club does not mean sit on your ass, pay the enterance fee and let what is happening happen. That is not supporting the club that is supporting the regime. People are ****ed off because they care about the club and what is going on hurts. It is natural to complain about it. The biggest misconception is people who sprout off the whole "there was no other way" which is the biggest load of ******** ever said.

I think that what we need to do is pressurise all of the major share holders to publically offer their shares for a nominal amount i.e. offer to sell the club for a minor amount with the investor taking on the debt. At the moment it is the cost of shares on top of the debt that makes us an unattractive proposition....especially when certain shareholders have an unrealistic concept of their shares value, they would do well to remind themselves that they got the shares for peanuts in the first place as a result of the reverse takeover.

If there is a single big boycott for Tuesday and the attendance is under 10,000 it might force Lowe out.

The Saints Trust and Nick Illingsworth keep spouting this "ignore Lowe and support the team mantra". But the reason the team is so poor is nothing to do with the lack of support today. We had more people there than most clubs send to SMS. We still lost badly.

A change has to be forced and the Lowe led group of main shareholders have to face up to the mistake they made in putting Lowe back in. They know that they are staring at their shares becoming worthless if this continues.

In case we've all forgotten, it was that buffoon Lowe that started the demise of this great club with the ridiculous appointment of Wigley back in 2004. He has since bungled his way from one crisis to the next with a smug, arrogant, Rupert knows best attitude.

On Tuesday support the boys for 90 minutes but make sure we get the message across to the idiot that we hold him responsible for the state we're in. COYR

In case we've all forgotten, it was that buffoon Lowe that started the demise of this great club with the ridiculous appointment of Wigley back in 2004. He has since bungled his way from one crisis to the next with a smug, arrogant, Rupert knows best attitude.

On Tuesday support the boys for 90 minutes but make sure we get the message across to the idiot that we hold him responsible for the state we're in. COYR

Dont you get it ? Lowe is completely immune to this approach. So long as the numbers come through the turnstiles, he can take anything.

In my opinion, if JP is sacked then Lowe and Wilde's position become untenable.

We're lumbered with the lot of them. Even the boardroom has been carved up to protect them.

It's their club, not ours and there's not much we can do about it. All I can do is say bye-bye to it all.

Protest. Sing loud and fetch the banners and book the Air Ads plane again and let the press know. At least we'd have some entertainment at SMS that way.

Time to make life VERY difficult for Lowe and Wilde.

At the last home game a small section of fans sang against Lowe and a fight nearly happened. Its too split this time. Unfortunatly

If you want Lowe and Wilde out there's no point in protesting. Lowe and Wilde know they are not liked and basically don't give a damn.

BOYCOTTING IS THE ANSWER

Give Lowe and Wilde gates sub 15,000 consistently and their shares will become worthless as the club goes into admin.

At this point Norwich and Union and Barclays become the main creditors - NO CHANCE OF LOWE DOING A KEN BATES AND BUYING US ON THE CHEAP - and we get a new owner(s).

I have a sneaky feeling we've not heard the last of Leon Crouch...

At the last home game a small section of fans sang against Lowe and a fight nearly happened. Its too split this time. Unfortunatly

I don't think it's split at all. I think everyone from blanket wearing, flask hugging wrinkly, polyestered up lairy little chav, old school "proper" thug, family man, corporate customer, knows that Lowe and Wilde are incompetent ruiners.

I suspect the reticence to propagate the chant was due to worries over the crystal-glass confidence of our team.

I wonder why local businessmen don't make their voices heard more?

Lowe and Wilde have not just damaged the company and the football team they are dragging down the prestige and image of the entire area.

If only the trust wasn't such a massive waste of space - this is the kind of moment organisations like that were invented for. Sadly ours is about as effective as Lowe.

Edited by benjii

Lowe does not invest and does not know how to run a footbal club in the CCC. Getting someone in who at least has one of those skills would be an improvement, even without more money. Lowe brings nothing to this club except more and more disgrace.

I think the key to getting rid of Lowe though may be getting rid of Wilde. Without Wilde's backing Lowe does not have a leg to stand on. What we really need is Wilde backing Crouch with Cowan and Hoos running the club, sadly we lost Lee Hoos, the only one of the Wilde bunch that actually earned his keep.

There is a great deal of merit in what you say here IMO. If an independent and universally respected chairman could be appointed such as Salz, backed by a board comprising people such as Cowan and Hoos, representing the interests of both the Lowe, Crouch and Wilde factions, but without those people having a seat on the board, then there might be some unity that would enable us to go forward together.

If such a solution could not be brought about voluntarily, then the lot of them should be forced out by a mass boycott.

Absolutely agree with most of you. The ONLY way to get this club back to anything like the one we witnessed on the last day of the season gone is to convince Lowe and his puppet Wilde that his team/club Lowe Disunited has no future. Boycotting is the only proper method we have but it will eventually work.Lowe's position will become untenable within weeks. And do not believe the luvvies - it will become an impossible situation for him.

And if the diehards who have the stomach still to watch the shambles we have become then go to away games.

Check this link out

http://www.clubfanzine.com/southampton/v2.forum.topic.bythread.php?id_t=77136&piece=topic77136&id_categ=37

This is exactly how I feel. You can stick Lowe FC up your arse.

I felt this the very day I found out that a takeover by credible business people was disregarded by Askham in favour of being 'hijacked' by tin pot Secure Retirement. Smelt fishy at the time and didnt take long to see the conspiracy was to keep the club in their clutches and feed the pockets of a few accountants by milking the Soton fans for all their worth. Surprised they got this far to be honest, quite a few pay cheques have gone their way and now, the pot has been bleed dry, and so have we, in money and spirit. I too have long championed the boycotting of anything overseen by Lowe. I would rather have no club than one with that modern day pirate in anywhere near it.

Protest. Sing loud and fetch the banners and book the Air Ads plane again and let the press know. At least we'd have some entertainment at SMS that way.

Time to make life VERY difficult for Lowe and Wilde.

I despise Lowe and haven't gone to a home game this season as I said I would if he came back to power. But, what you're suggesting is completely the wrong way to go about things. Have you even thought about:

a. Would it have any effect? No, because no-one else will buy the club

b. Will it demoralise the players? Probably, yes

c. Will it help us get out of debt? No, and in actual fact Lowe is the best man to keep us out of administration because as he has a stake in Southampton shares it his in his best interests to keep SFC out of administration, so he doesn't lose a **** load of money.

d. Who would take over? Ummm, there is no-one else.

I admire your passion, but in future think things through for once because your heart seems to be ruling your head matey.

Personally I'd rather go in to administration now and be rid of Lowe, Wilde & the other hangers on.

At the moment I know that I'm wasting my money by supporting the club by buying my ST and purchasing refreshments at St Marys. It wouldn't bother me losing that money if everyone were pulling in the right direction, but that's not gonna happen while Lowe & Wilde are here.

Edited by harvey

On reflection you have to give even more credit to Crouch and Pearson for pulling out all the stops to keep us up last year, knowing full well that they would be getting the Royal Shaft from these two ungrateful cretins.

Perhaps we need to fully understand Wildes exit to understand his actions.

What were the circumstances surrounding Wildes exit first time around?

2. Is something which I have been predicting ever since these two slimy so and so's jumped into bed together (only my opinion that they are slimy). I think that LC would see hell freeze over before jumping into bed with RL, but if it meant saving Saints then he may, just may, consider working with Wilde again. I don't think he'd trust him again though!

2. Is something which I have been predicting ever since these two slimy so and so's jumped into bed together (only my opinion that they are slimy). I think that LC would see hell freeze over before jumping into bed with RL, but if it meant saving Saints then he may, just may, consider working with Wilde again. I don't think he'd trust him again though!

Agreed, and for that reason i can't see Leon ever working with Wilde again.

The best idea is to get the media working for us. A bonfire with Rupe as the guy burning away near the TED statue with a message of 'boycott the club' with a few invited national media might help.

If there's going to be a protest there is a SKY game coming up against Bristol City.

Every successful revolution has started with the public taking to the streets. A mass protest outside St Marys after a match is the way to put pressure on Lowe and his cohorts to resign. I don't accept for one minute that Lowe is immune to properly orchestrated protest . It is important that everyone turns up to save our club and it must be covered by the press who I'm pretty sure share the view that the vast majority of us have that Lowe MUST BE DEPOSED. If this nonsense carrys on much longer there wil definately not be a club to save. Time is short we must all act now!!

So many threads to chose to have a moan on. Thought I'd have this one as in my view the club will never prosper until that year on year assest stripper Rupert Lowe removes himself from control of this once great club.

It was under his stewadship that the demise began - the seeds being sewn by his continual appointment of the cheap option coaches into managers and his refusal to invest in the team and back manager WGS after the 2003 cup final.

Wher has all the money gone from the premiership years? - it certainly wasn't invested in the team and surely Saints were not amongst the top payers to players. All the players that have been sold for big money......

Gates will in my opinion continue to plummet as this team of young innocents are continually and prematurely asked to do a job they are ill equipped to do.

Fans will make their choice on whether to continue to pay inflated prices to see a team of youth players toil as week in they get their asses kicked. Enough is enough. Enjoy your prawn sandwiches while you can Mr Lowe as surely the end is nigh for you and your associated band of shisters.